The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pantsattack']Would someone do me a favor and ask Tony to pricematch the Bethesda collection?[/QUOTE]

Amazon DVG doesn't sell Zenimax/BETHESDA games. :(
They have not inked a deal w/ them yet. :(

[quote name='vince_carter']Guys, i just got the gamersgate bethesda pack to go through on my phone like 45 mins ago. Thanks for the heads up and try with your phones.[/QUOTE]
I bet if I reported that I got through on my microwave but it had to be a NeutronMaster 3500 microwave, I could get at least one of you to go to Walmart.

[quote name='Blade']I went crazy on the checkout button once because I had the impression that it would load faster that way. ;) Went through Paypal checkout four times, but I only have one confirmation. For those guys who said they'd buy a pack, I'll let you know if I managed to actually get more than one.[/QUOTE]

Check your PayPal account, that is what really matters.

[quote name='MysterD']Amazon DVG doesn't sell Zenimax/BETHESDA games. :(
They have not inked a deal w/ them yet. :([/QUOTE]

That's OK - after this is over, no one's gonna need to buy any Bethesda games any more...

[quote name='pantsattack']Just do it anyway. ;)[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't price match any of the overseas digital sellers, like never, it's their policy.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I bet if I reported that I got through on my microwave but it had to be a NeutronMaster 3500 microwave, I could get at least one of you to go to Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I ran to Walmart, got a NeutronMaster 3500 microwave and OMG it let me checkout! Man those microwaves, how do they work?!

Since people are already willing to sell their keys I might as well ask since the site isn't even loading at all.

Any item/items worth $40 on Steam (don't do paypal) for everything that was offered in that pack except Morrowind (already got it).....?
Might seem like a sucky deal but PM me if you are interested! :)

[quote name='asheskitty']
Torchlight 2 is way better than Torchlight 1. Unless you're really in the swing of things in TL1, I'd recommend skipping it at this point. Also TL2 has co-op, if that appeals to you.[/quote]
I agree that Torchlight 2 is way better than Torchlight 1.

So I have a pending order still that I am trying to complete again. If anyone wants to sell a Dishonored, I'll buy it for $15.

If these go through, I'll be selling them to you guys.

[quote name='sunghost']Thanks for the tip. I ran to Walmart, got a NeutronMaster 3500 microwave and OMG it let me checkout! Man those microwaves, how do they work?![/QUOTE]
Thanks for Skyrim.

[quote name='travathian']Amazon doesn't price match any of the overseas digital sellers, like never, it's their policy.[/QUOTE]
I guess it's not so fun, but you two would be the ones to tell me that in the other thread anyway. MysterD should have "FLAT OUT REQUIRES" as the tag under his name. :D

[quote name='Syntax Error']Thanks for Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

If there are any lurkers out there thinking about creating an account here at CAG, do me a favor. Make your account name "Thanks for Skyrim".

Just for giggles.

[quote name='bloodling']Hopefully GamersGate won't go bankrupt over this.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to go bankrupt when you're selling limitless digital commodities ... competition kills in this market ... not glitches.

Now if only the damn thing would work for me ...

So I got to my PayPal Account checkout and was forced to F5 a while, then got kicked back to the GG homepage. Decided to hit "back" and got the PayPal page stating: "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Gamersgate AB and try another option." However, I have a second successful charge in my PayPal history. So, I guess I'm done for the night with GG. I'll check on retrieving all those glorious keys tomorrow once the internet has a chance to cool down.

Now back to watching some RxCxDietrich live streaming.

[quote name='travathian']Check your PayPal account, that is what really matters.[/QUOTE]

Hrmm...I have all of the pages bookmarked and all of the order confirmations saved, but they only charged my account once. Did I have to buy additional packs as gifts? :lol: Good lord, I hope not, I still have two payment completion screens refreshing.

[quote name='etcrane']It's hard to go bankrupt when you're selling limitless digital commodities ... competition kills in this market ... not glitches.

Now if only the damn thing would work for me ...[/QUOTE]

If Bethesda agreed on a price and they sell it cheaper, they would have to take a loss since it's their responsibility I believe.

I tried adding one copy to my cart, and it eventually added two. I remove one and check out, and it says my cart's empty.

Finally, I get it to check out, Paypal takes about 5 minutes to load (didn't hit refresh). Got email from GG and Paypal, but no codes.

[quote name='etcrane']It's hard to go bankrupt when you're selling limitless digital commodities ... competition kills in this market ... not glitches.

Now if only the damn thing would work for me ...[/QUOTE]

They technically can loose a large deal of money from something like this.

Bethesda provides companies (GamersGate) with so many keys with the intent to have them sold at a specific amount. If these are sold much lower than what agreed upon, companies (GamersGate) can actually lose money per sale. Just because digital copies are limitless in theory, that does not mean that each one does not have a specific value as made by the publisher.

On that note I would buy a million of these if I could, I am simply pointing out that it is possible for GamersGate to get royally screwed if this is indeed a glitch.

Damn it. I had 2 Bethesda and 2 Stardock in my cart at one point, and even had IAMANELDERGEEK applied. Then I went to check out - and it stalled out for what seemed like ages. When I finally got a response, my cart was empty, and I haven't been able to get anything to load since. And sadly, no e-mails indicating that something magical had happened and Paypal magically took my money and allowed my transaction to go through.

[quote name='asheskitty']GTA:VC & SA were released on PS2 which didn't have triggers. They play even better on the PC (even w/o mods @ 800x600). I'm suprised and happy to hear it works with a 360 pad, that's some backporting. They supported DirectInput at release (Rumbepad 2/F510).

This is really setting apart the regular CAGs (who already have GG accounts and are used to how they work / have payment issues sorted out) from the seasonal CAGs.[/QUOTE]
I meant even the R2/L2 as triggers, but I just looked up the controls from the PS2 and it even used the X for accelerate, I didn't know that. But the release for Xbox in '05 was RT for it, not that I played that lol. Just IV alot. Also what mods?

& That's flattering lol. But I wouldn't say I'm a regular CAG, I just started really in October. But yeah I guess that's true.

[quote name='bloodling']If Bethesda agreed on a price and they sell it cheaper, they would have to take a loss since it's their responsibility I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's not the end of the world, but it might be the end of Gamersgate. Well, perhaps that's a bit of hyperbole. But this is gonna hurt.

They've had price mistakes before, but never this big and usually not for anywhere near as long as this.

[quote name='Motoki']OH MY GOD PRAISE LORD JESUS AND ALL THE SAINTS IN HEAVEN HALLELUJAH
93039161.png
[/QUOTE]

Congrats you magnificent bastard.

Congrats Motoki! :D

And to everyone who got it!

*sighs* I think I'm just about to give up now. It's not meant to be.

after an epic F5 battle, finally got the games in my library. funny thing after i completed the PayPal section GG said the transaction didn't go through and to retry. but i checked my email and got a confirmation from PayPal and the bundle showed up in my account. but since the site is still bogged down trying to get the keys will be torture. might as well leave it for tonight and redeem them tomorrow. hopefully they'll still be there and won't magically disappear overnight :)

Hah, just sort of curious. Was bummed I couldn't get in on FE for like $6sh earlier. Not sure I'd want the other stuff. Already have Gal Civ 2.

[quote name='The End']Yup. It's not the end of the world, but it might be the end of Gamersgate. Well, perhaps that's a bit of hyperbole. But this is gonna hurt.

They've had price mistakes before, but never this big and usually not for anywhere near as long as this.[/QUOTE]

The Mayans predicted the end of GamersGate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back