The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an extra copy of Dishonored right now (and once GG loads for me copies of Rage, Doom BFG & both Fallouts). Anyone who wants to buy PM me.

Sold Dishonored.

[quote name='Syntax Error']PayPal is still being a punk and refusing to send my payments through. I don't know if it's a problem with PayPal, GamersGate or my order :bomb:[/QUOTE]

same.

OMG, what did I miss? How much is this Bethesda pack? This thread has grown at least 20 pages in the last hour. I can't get Gamersgate to load!

That's what I get for spending my time actually playing games!

[quote name='Motoki']
DTP sold the US rights to distribute it to Valusoft because they are Germans and didn't really get that they don't need physical distribution here here in the US because boxed retail (outside of Blizzard games) is dead. They did this with a bunch of their other games too like Venetica and Grey Matter.
.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like if they got a distributor to pay them, they're not the ones who don't get it, they're just picking up some extra money.

[quote name='asheskitty']n PS2 which didn't have triggers. They play even better on the PC (even w/o mods @ 800x600). I'm suprised and happy to hear it works with a 360 pad, that's some backporting.
[/QUOTE]

Those controllers had analog buttons though. Seems like it would be easy to remap that to a trigger.

[quote name='zillionandnine']OMG, what did I miss? How much is this Bethesda pack? This thread has grown at least 20 pages in the last hour. I can't get Gamersgate to load!

That's what I get for spending my time actually playing games![/QUOTE]

Its I believe around $28 dollars.

Well, Ill throw my name in the hat here. If anyone is selling these games, PM me with your prices

Doom BFG
Oblivion
Morrowind
Hunted

[quote name='zillionandnine']OMG, what did I miss? How much is this Bethesda pack? This thread has grown at least 20 pages in the last hour. I can't get Gamersgate to load!

You will soon learn that buying the games IS the game.

Motoki, were you getting the "This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information" error from PayPal? And did you just keep trying? Or is yours a different tale to tell?

WOOOOOO.
Got PayPal confirmation. Since I'm from EU, I tried using different proxies as usual btw., but the price didn't change from €. Got 2 packs for ~$65. Bit worse deal, then yours but still by selling keys I will get those games for me as freebie and maybe I'll even make some profit. Especially since Skyrim and Rage are unavailable to buy from Steam in my country.

(Provided that GamersGate don't reverse all of the transactions) I've got (one of each) Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Doom 3 BFG keys that I don't have any use for.

So Slickdeals is confusing me. Are all of them steam codes because they have listed Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 as not being Steam Codes.

[quote name='MysterD']SecuRom activation/check better NOT be there in the Steam version![/QUOTE]

Well, I know it was in the vanilla Sacred 2 that used to be on Steam but I don't think Deep Silver published it. Speaking of which since Deep Silver publishes I wonder if it'll be available on Amazon anytime soon.

[quote name='Kaltic']So Slickdeals is confusing me. Are all of them steam codes because they have listed Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 as not being Steam Codes.[/QUOTE]

I believe they are, and SD is full of idiots. But I was able to get the key for FO3 and FONV and both activated on Steam.

[quote name='Kaltic']So Slickdeals is confusing me. Are all of them steam codes because they have listed Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 as not being Steam Codes.[/QUOTE]

I activated Morrowind and Oblivion on steam.

[quote name='MC Kage']I meant even the R2/L2 as triggers, but I just looked up the controls from the PS2 and it even used the X for accelerate, I didn't know that. But the release for Xbox in '05 was RT for it, not that I played that lol. Just IV alot. Also what mods?

& That's flattering lol. But I wouldn't say I'm a regular CAG, I just started really in October. But yeah I guess that's true.[/QUOTE]

PS2 & PS3 button are actually pressure sensitive. A few games took advantage (I think I recall Musashi), I'm not sure if the GTAs did (mainly played them on PC KB/M and RumblePad 2). Driving was just fine. GTA:SA your driving is intentionally crummy until you drive enough to increase your driving skill.

There was the Multi Theft mod back in the day. I've heard of graphics updates mods.

I hope you already have a GamersGate acount. See my self-quote below.

Bethesda New Year Collection -- $28.76 -- steam keys

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

[quote name='asheskitty']Alright, some quick tips....

This link will straight up add it to your cart
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DDB-BETHESDANYC

IAMANELDERGEEK is a 5% discount code. Applying it will incur another page reload (eew). Only the bravest of CAGs will try to buy blue coins first and double dip on the code. I did.*

GG checkout sends me to paypal, sign in to paypal, click button, get sent to GG with a long url with a paypal token in the url (probably timeout and reload needed) sends me to the GG receipt page. I had to reload on timeouts when being sent to and returning from paypal

after the confirm button on paypal you should get a long url to gamersgate.com/something&token(obviously from paypal). I had to reload on that

Quick tip on seeing if it went through, visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.

You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

* I had $20 in blue coins sitting in my account since the good old days of the IGN discount that I wanted to use.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wuxbustah8']You will soon learn that buying the games IS the game.[/QUOTE]

o/~ I know all there is to know about the buying game. I've had my share of the buying game. First there are discounts and then group buys. Then before you know where it went money's is saying goodbye o/~

Over on Slickdeals they're saying that it no longer comes with steam keys for Morrowind, Oblivion & Fallout 3. I got my keys for those about an hour ago and I was able to redeem with no problem. So I don't know if this is a recent development, or if they just don't know what the hell they're talking about.

If anybody who bought within the past 30 minutes is trying to get their keys now, would the mind check those games first?

[quote name='Syntax Error']Motoki, were you getting the "This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information" error from PayPal? And did you just keep trying? Or is yours a different tale to tell?[/QUOTE]

I got some other message sometimes about waiting 30 minutes and checking your email for a paypal notification or something but I kept trying.

I didn't get the payment can't be completed one no.

Finally got the page to load after about an hour of F5ing it to death only to discover that my cart was empty after attempting to add the pack to my cart.

Now the question is whether I should spend some time "Christmasing" my avatar or attempting this process again.

So I apparently managed to get one (got the PayPal email and it shows on my shelf), but I somehow bought it as a gift #-oI'm not familiar with how gifting works with GG (only used it a few times in the past). Does anyone know how gifting works with them? Can I just gift the pack to my own email? The gifting page says something about "an e-mailed gift card".

[quote name='The End']Over on Slickdeals they're saying that it no longer comes with steam keys for Morrowind, Oblivion & Fallout 3. I got my keys for those about an hour ago and I was able to redeem with no problem. So I don't know if this is a recent development, or if they just don't know what the hell they're talking about.

If anybody who bought within the past 30 minutes is trying to get their keys now, would the mind check those games first?[/QUOTE]

I can't actually get the keys to generate yet because the site keeps crapping out but Morrowind and Oblivion are in my list. AFAIK GG only sells the Steamworks versions of them.

Note that they listed as "The Elder Scrolls III" and "The Elder Scrolls IV" and not as Morrowind or Oblivion in the game list so this may be causing some confusion?

[quote name='DWulf']So I apparently managed to get one (got the PayPal email and it shows on my shelf), but I somehow bought it as a gift #-oI'm not familiar with how gifting works with GG (only used it a few times in the past). Does anyone know how gifting works with them? Can I just gift the pack to my own email? The gifting page says something about "an e-mailed gift card".[/QUOTE]

Yes you can gift it to your own email. I have done that once when I bought something as a gift by accident.

[quote name='The End']Over on Slickdeals they're saying that it no longer comes with steam keys for Morrowind, Oblivion & Fallout 3. I got my keys for those about an hour ago and I was able to redeem with no problem. So I don't know if this is a recent development, or if they just don't know what the hell they're talking about.

If anybody who bought within the past 30 minutes is trying to get their keys now, would the mind check those games first?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well. I can't get any of my keys.

Almost there, page won't load after I click 'confirm order.' Accidentally f5'd couple of times.

*got a confirmation email from Gamer's Gate, but can't access the PayPal site to pay for it.

[quote name='Mooby']Well, I know it was in the vanilla Sacred 2 that used to be on Steam but I don't think Deep Silver published it. Speaking of which since Deep Silver publishes I wonder if it'll be available on Amazon anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

CDV published Sacred 2: Fallen Angel in USA first.
They used Securom there.

Deep Silver published Sacred 2: Gold in their overseas territories...and used Securom in at least the Gamersgate version.
Speaking from experience here w/ Gamersgate version.

On Win 7, even though I activated both S2: FA + Ice & Blood, it constantly asks me for to activate it at boot! You don't want to blow through activations, so simply do this:
bring up Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del); close it; switch back to S2: Gold; it blows right by the DRM.

EDIT:
I asked them a few things on Twitter yesterday...

Derick Sanzi ‏@MysterD
@deepsilver @Chupacaubrey @GamersGate Any chance those Sacred 2: Gold (Securom) keys will ever be allowed to activate-up on Steam?

Official Deep Silver @deepsilver
@mysterd GamersGate and Steam are different so keys don't work on both, but we're working on getting Gold up on Steam.

Derick Sanzi ‏@MysterD
@deepsilver Good to know! Any chance of Securom DRM-removal eventually on Sacred 2: Gold from @GamersGate ? Or going DRM-FREE to @GOGcom ?

Official Deep Silver ‏@deepsilver
@MysterD the suggestion has been noted ;)

Derick Sanzi @MysterD
@deepsilver I have a weird issue w/ Sacred 2: Gold on Win7, it always want activation - I already done it! I solve it by Ctrl-Alt-Del....

Derick Sanzi ‏@MysterD
@deepsilver ...To Task Manager; Close Task Manager; then the game boots up. Securom DRM can be weird!

Official Deep Silver @deepsilver
@MysterD hmm weird. Will have to ask about that but everyone left for the holidays so that will take a while :)

[quote name='Motoki']I got some other message sometimes about waiting 30 minutes and checking your email for a paypal notification or something but I kept trying.

I didn't get the payment can't be completed one no.[/QUOTE]

I got that at one point. So possibly hooray?

I have Fallout 3 and Brink for cheap if any of our steam thread friends missed on the deal.

I would try, but i can't get my library to load.

Anyone know what happens to a pending order on GG? I checked the order status from the email I got from GG and it says pending. Can I still complete the purchase? Its currently struggling to load the page but it seems to have been bought except Paypal was not charged.

[quote name='Dalrint']So since I can't get gamersgate to load at all, what were these packs everyone is talking about?[/QUOTE]

All Steam keys:

Dishonored
Skyrim
Oblivion GOTY
Morrowind GOTY
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fallout New Vegas UE
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
Brink Complete
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
RAGE
Rogue Warrior

$28.79

[quote name='akmgmer']Anyone know what happens to a pending order on GG? I checked the order status from the email I got from GG and it says pending. Can I still complete the purchase? Its currently struggling to load the page but it seems to have been bought except Paypal was not charged.[/QUOTE]

Normally I believe they keep it open for a set period of time to give you time to pay but honestly with these don't get shocked if they cut off the ones that haven't paid yet once they figured out what happened.

BTW I am getting several Steam groups reposting this deal as announcements. It's spreading quickly.

Slickdeals always ruins everything.

[quote name='Detruire'](Provided that GamersGate don't reverse all of the transactions) I've got (one of each) Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Doom 3 BFG keys that I don't have any use for.[/QUOTE]
Similar accidents happen quite often on many digital distriburor's sites. They've never revoked those games since they were bought in legal way.

I'm trying but it's kinda hard. Anyway, if they've ran away from the keys, I'm sure they'll add them in future, since the bought games are steamworks.

oh no. So chances of getting the pack are like zilch now, huh?

I'm interested in Skyrim, Dishonored, and the two Fallouts. Name your prices for those willing to part with thems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back