The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got my receipt/confirmation from GG and low and behold, I bought the giftable version of the Bethesda pack... so I'm going to bed. I'll probably send it back to myself in a couple days, once the site calms down.

Good night and good luck.

Come on GG I am soooo close I just have to continuously keep checking out with paypal until it goes through but I made it this far! I was able to register an account, confirm my email and finally now get to paypal part. Granted it took me about 5 hours now.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']I finally got my receipt/confirmation from GG and low and behold, I bought the giftable version of the Bethesda pack... so I'm going to bed. I'll probably send it back to myself in a couple days, once the site calms down.

Good night and good luck.[/QUOTE]

Under normal circumstances it's easy enough to do but as you surmised right now it would probably be an ordeal.

[quote name='etcrane']So RPG maker actually looks pretty cool ... anyone have any first hand experience or recommendations? Is it worth the $35 as something creative to mess around with?[/QUOTE]

I use to have an older version of it, and unless you're familiar with rpg maker or anything similar prepare to dedicate a lot of time. If you have interest in making video games I personally recommend other utilities that are free (such as gamesalad).

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Just in time for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that does suck. I wasn't laughing at that by the way. I was laughing at the notion that they'd want to update their servers so they can get rapped even worse the next time they have a price mistake. At this point, the only thing that's keeping them in business is their shitty severs.

Ugh. This is going to piss me off in the end, isn't it? Either I stay up way too late trying to get this damn purchase in, or I go to bed frustrated. There's just no winning here tonight, is there?

I am starting to feel like by the time I have the time and patience to get all the keys and/or Gamersgate gets back to some sense of normality that all the people who want these games will have bought them off of someone else.

I got all the way to paypal, got ti confirm...and now it refuses to go back to gamersgate. I know it hasn't charged me, I haven't gotten a paypal receipt...but do I start the whole process over, or refresh the failed billing page?

Bluh.

Anyone able to unlock all the codes yet? So far I've gotten four codes, and it seems they are Steam redeemable. However, I think I might hold off a day before activating the codes. If a steam serial key at first is valid, but later becomes unvalid, does Steam ban you're account?

[quote name='Motoki']I am starting to feel like by the time I have the time and patience to get all the keys and/or Gamersgate gets back to some sense of normality that all the people who want these games will have bought them off of someone else.[/QUOTE]

In that case, give someone you care about the gift of HERE HAVE LIKE, TEN AMAZING GAMES!

For thirty bucks. :D

[quote name='dejeckt']Anyone able to unlock all the codes yet? So far I've gotten four codes, and it seems they are Steam redeemable. However, I think I might hold off a day before activating the codes.
[/quote]

I got three so far. I don't have the patience to get anymore right now.

I suppose I should get the two Fallen Enchantresses though since not that many people got in on the Stardock one and that will probably be the most popular one from that pack.

If a steam serial key at first is valid, but later becomes unvalid, does Steam ban you're account?

It varies. Potentially they can but in most cases I have heard of they just yank the game(s) from people's accounts.

[quote name='Dalrint']I got all the way to paypal, got ti confirm...and now it refuses to go back to gamersgate. I know it hasn't charged me, I haven't gotten a paypal receipt...but do I start the whole process over, or refresh the failed billing page?

Bluh.[/QUOTE]

I am at the same stage as you. I just keep re checking out with paypal over and over again. I left the page up before that says Click here if you are not automatically redirected within 10 seconds. I haven't got charged but it wont go through on gamersgate end keeps timing out after paypal tries to go back to the receipt page from them to confirm it.

[quote name='dejeckt']Anyone able to unlock all the codes yet? So far I've gotten four codes, and it seems they are Steam redeemable. However, I think I might hold off a day before activating the codes. If a steam serial key at first is valid, but later becomes unvalid, does Steam ban you're account?[/QUOTE]

No, they just deactivate the game from your account.

Just missed when the GG sale was first posted and have been trying for over 5 hours to get registered and check out, but it doesn't seem to be working out. Oh well, time for bed. I'd be willing to buy one off another CAG is someone ends up with extras. PM me and I'll get back to you when I wake up.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I'm so debating the RPG Maker

You guys know I'd make an awesome game right?

Someone push me on or off the cliff![/QUOTE]

Not to encourage to spend more money, oh hell who am I kidding I just spent $80 at Gamergate so yes I will encourage people to spend more money, but in all seriousness I have read some of your blogs and I think you could actually write a good game.

Now get to work!

I think I finally did it everyone! Just got a paypal confirmation email but GG never actually loaded. I'm hoping my games shelf loads and I see glorious Bethesda goodness there.

[quote name='Motoki']
I suppose I should get the two Fallen Enchantresses though since not that many people got in on the Stardock one and that will probably be the most popular one from that pack.
[/QUOTE]

You can probably find people willing to give you $10 for FE... which you'll need since the rest of that stuff is fairly unpopular. Except Sins Rebellion I guess.

[quote name='The End']Yeah, that does suck. I wasn't laughing at that by the way. I was laughing at the notion that they'd want to update their servers so they can get rapped even worse the next time they have a price mistake. At this point, the only thing that's keeping them in business is their shitty severs.[/QUOTE]

Your joke was gold. I was just thinking about how the timing of of this deal could suck for some of their employees. Though I don't think there is anytime that doesn't suck to get laid off- just some times are worse than others.

[quote name='Motoki']
It varies. Potentially they can but in most cases I have heard of they just yank the game(s) from people's accounts.[/QUOTE]

Hmmz, seems like there is no harm in waiting a bit. I don't wan't to risk $30 serial codes to potentially negatively affect my Steam library as a whole. Which means I probably won't be selling the redundant codes till a couple of days.

This probably my personal best gaming download deal this year; it's insane how good the price is. I think I paid nearly ~$25 just for Dishonored 2-3 weeks ago.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Is it a price mistake at this point? The price has been up for quite a while now.[/QUOTE]

It's called night time in Sweden.

No way this is the normal price.

Okay....so I got a paypal receipt saying they sent my payment, but GG never loaded the confirmation or anything of that sort. So I paid, but...I have no idea if I got anything...

I'm kind of looking for advice at this point, what do I do?

[quote name='Mooby']You can probably find people willing to give you $10 for FE... which you'll need since the rest of that stuff is fairly unpopular. Except Sins Rebellion I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figure Enchantress and Rebellion are easy enough to move. Might be able to get a dollar or two on the others. I'm not too bothered so I essentially got a two for one and got two of all of those for $25.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Is it a price mistake at this point? The price has been up for quite a while now.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's shown as 91% off. That's a very odd number for a sale. It makes very little sense for them to sell it so low since they can't possibly profit from this. They are most likely losing money.

[quote name='Mooby']But they have NO ONE monitoring their servers round the clock? I doubt that.[/QUOTE]

I think it's quite possible. Anyway we're getting into the morning there so within an hour or so I guarantee it will be fixed. The pricing anyway. You'll probably still have people spamming to get their keys.

Well, I was able to get rid of the second pack in my cart but now I'm stuck in a seemingly-infinite loop between typing in my login info (apparently I do have a GG account after all), clicking confirm order, and then getting an Oops! Sorry! page... rinse and repeat.

I don't even know why I'm so determined. I already have Rage and both the Fallout games. It must be the challenge. It's calling to me as a CAG. Ha!

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah I figure Enchantress and Rebellion are easy enough to move. Might be able to get a dollar or two on the others. I'm not too bothered so I essentially got a two for one and got two of all of those for $25.[/QUOTE]

Should be worthwhile then. I debated it but decided it wasn't really worth it for me as I'd keep FE and Rebellion and probably couldn't get $15 for the rest. Thought it was a mediocre deal then I looked at Steam to see them charging $50 for the same pack. :lol:

[quote name='dejeckt']Hmmz, seems like there is no harm in waiting a bit. I don't wan't to risk $30 serial codes to potentially negatively affect my Steam library as a whole. Which means I probably won't be selling the redundant codes till a couple of days.

This probably my personal best gaming download deal this year; it's insane how good the price is. I think I paid nearly ~$25 just for Dishonored 2-3 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Everyone will know about this. It would be very stupid of Steam to negatively affect thousands of people on an issue this well-known worldwide.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Well, I was able to get rid of the second pack in my cart but now I'm stuck in a seemingly-infinite loop between typing in my login info (apparently I do have a GG account after all), clicking confirm order, and then getting an Oops! Sorry! page... rinse and repeat.

I don't even know why I'm so determined. I already have Rage and both the Fallout games. It must be the challenge. It's calling to me as a CAG. Ha![/QUOTE]

You got the girl to go with you... now you gotta consummate, breh!

[quote name='kiwimonster']I had about 32 tabs open at one time from the verification email link as soon as the circle stopped spinning clicked tab hit F5![/QUOTE]

Yeah, its the actual email itself I haven't gotten, not the verification page.

[quote name='Motoki']Not to encourage to spend more money, oh hell who am I kidding I just spent $80 at Gamergate so yes I will encourage people to spend more money, but in all seriousness I have read some of your blogs and I think you could actually write a good game.

Now get to work![/QUOTE]
Thank you, I've had ideas kicking around in my head for a while, the ability to make a game out of them would be pretty great.

I wonder how long it takes.

I guess what I'm trying to find out is if it's like making a stop motion movie or having two guys in monster suits beat each other up lol

[quote name='travathian']
After making a world class RPG with it, become rich and famous, you'll secretly hate your life.[/quote]

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']That could be the story of the RPG![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I'm so debating the RPG Maker

You guys know I'd make an awesome game right?

Someone push me on or off the cliff![/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, do I smell a competition brewing? Both of you can run with my idea, we'll see who comes up with the better game!

what I don't know is why they don't fix the web page, they are losing a lot of buys -non bethesda- too because of this. the site simply doesn't work.

[quote name='Estbarul']what I don't know is why they don't fix the web page, they are losing a lot of buys -non bethesda- too because of this. the site simply doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

The webpage is fine, it is a matter of the servers being overworked and their bandwidth being chewed up. Really nothing they can do about it in the short term.

[quote name='travathian']The webpage is fine, it is a matter of the servers being overworked and their bandwidth being chewed up. Really nothing they can do about it in the short term.[/QUOTE]

Fixing the price to something more reasonable would fix the server overload problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back