The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a bunch of Borderlands 2 DLC being give away over on Steamgifts. Is there some other crazy happening going on while we're all involved in this? Mr Torgues Campaign of Carnage is being given away left & right over there.

[quote name='Estbarul']what I don't know is why they don't fix the web page, they are losing a lot of buys -non bethesda- too because of this. the site simply doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

That is probably a good thing for them. Selling this pack for $30 is most likely losing GG money.

[quote name='The End']There's a bunch of Borderlands 2 DLC being give away over on Steamgifts. Is there some other crazy happening going on while we're all involved in this? Mr Torgues Campaign of Carnage is being given away left & right over there.[/QUOTE]

http://xfinity.aditive.com/app/400019/400102/view/login_d/crc/69806811

You can get it for free over there, you need a twitter or Facebook account tho and there were only 500 codes left or so when I got mine.

This is a probably a dumb question but when you place an order with gamersgate are your serial keys already determined and associated with your account? Or do you gets the key when you actually go the game library and click on unused key?

[quote name='The End']There's a bunch of Borderlands 2 DLC being give away over on Steamgifts. Is there some other crazy happening going on while we're all involved in this? Mr Torgues Campaign of Carnage is being given away left & right over there.[/QUOTE]

Facebook giveaway from Slickdeals apparently.

Oh, guess there is a "Lite" version of RPG Maker. It has less features, and it says nothing about being able to export your game, but it could be good to get an idea of whether you want to buy.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']This is a probably a dumb question but when you place an order with gamersgate are your serial keys already determined and associated with your account? Or do you gets the key when you actually go the game library and click on unused key?[/QUOTE]

I don't know this for certain, but I suspect the latter. Because even when the site isn't getting hammered, it takes a second or two to get your key.

[quote name='The End']I don't know this for certain, but I suspect the latter. Because even when the site isn't getting hammered, it takes a second or two to get your key.[/QUOTE]

Oh darn so that means there is a good chance that even though I bought it hours ago I might not get a key if they run out soon.

Anyone know if HL2 Ep 2 might receive the -75% treatment? It’s the only one from the collection I am missing and I don’t recall previous discounts :/

There's also demos for RPG Maker VX Ace. I'm going to sleep on it. Knowing me, I'll wake up, finally decide to buy it, and the sale will have ended 2 seconds earlier.

All this talk of RPG Maker has me curious. Maybe I can be the next one man team indie dev to hit it small and complain when the EA Humble Bundle comes out.

alright FINE I will get the pack since I need dishonoured the rest I have :p

what is the link again? all this talk is makin me deal crazy.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Oh darn so that means there is a good chance that even though I bought it hours ago I might not get a key if they run out soon.[/QUOTE]

You'll most likely get a refund or you have to wait for them to get more keys. I remember last year when they had Deus Ex for $10 and the sold out of keys within a couple hours; people just had to wait for their keys.

[quote name='Charlie2688']Anyone know if HL2 Ep 2 might receive the -75% treatment? It’s the only one from the collection I am missing and I don’t recall previous discounts :/[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T, quite frankly.

This is scary... I haven.t been tempted to even buy one thing yet. Only thing productive ive done is add a santa hat to patrick.... SOMEONE CONVINCE ME TO BUY SOMETHING

[quote name='bob_793']This is scary... I haven.t been tempted to even buy one thing yet. Only thing productive ive done is at a santa hat to patrick.... SOMEONE CONVINCE ME TO BUY SOMETHING[/QUOTE]

1239219-family_guy_smoke_super.jpg

Finally got all my keys, took me 5 hours since I put up my order until getting the Fallout 3 key.

Don't give up until they fix (if they even do) the price fellow CAG's.

[quote name='bob_793']So wait what is this deal that no-one can get to work? I went back a couple pages and all ive learned is something about bethesda and gamergate[/QUOTE]

Bethesda New Year Collection $28.76

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

EDIT: Dr Sasquatch posted the link to the deal. But since you'll have a hell of a time getting it to load, see the above for the contents of the pack.

[quote name='bob_793']So wait what is this deal that no-one can get to work? I went back a couple pages and all ive learned is something about bethesda and gamergate[/QUOTE]

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
RAGE
Rogue Warrior

$28.76

Finally got done getting all 11 keys; hope the rest of you gets in on this deal. Don't give up, by the time the server gets fixed or the process gets faster then I think it's the same time the 'deal' is about to be over.

I think I'm going to sleep on RPG Maker and then wake up and try to get my remaining keys tomorrow later today.

Good luck to all those still trying to hack the planet buy Skyrim and Dishonored.

holy santa claus it went through. Even tho i have everything except for Dishonored, i am so happy i actually finished the transaction. It feels like ive been grinding all day and finally im lvl 100. Congrats to everyone that suffered and got the deal and good luck to the people that are still trying. So happy that email from paypal came

[quote name='Fluxy']holy santa claus it went through. Even tho i have everything except for Dishonored, i am so happy i actually finished the transaction. It feels like ive been grinding all day and finally im lvl 100. Congrats to everyone that suffered and got the deal and good luck to the people that are still trying. So happy that email from paypal came[/QUOTE]

Did you just keep submitting the paypal order over and over? That is what I have been doing but times out.

[quote name='The End']Bethesda New Year Collection $28.76

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
RAGE
Rogue Warrior

EDIT: Dr Sasquatch posted the link to the deal. But since you'll have a hell of a time getting it to load, see the above for the contents of the pack.[/QUOTE]
Thank You. That is one amazing deal.... To bad I already own 1/2 the games in that pack... Some of them I own two copies. Good luck to everyone and I hope you guys get your payments through.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Did you just keep submitting the paypal order over and over? That is what I have been doing but times out.[/QUOTE]

yea all i did was open up like 6 to 7 windows. Because the more you have will probablly slow down the rest.

I copied and pasted my order number from the URL from gamersgate.

And when it actually loads it says pending payment paypal blah blah blah

then you click the confirm payment thing and it takes you to paypal.

I did that on 7 windows

When I bought the Elder Scrolls collection for 26$ earlier today, I was sure I wouldn't be able to get a better deal. Well, I was wrong.

I GOT IT! It's in my shelf anyway, two copies of the Bethesda and one of the Stardock. I'm hoping they won't take them away from us when they wake up, anyway...since getting the keys would involve another few hours of refreshing.

Speaking of which, I have an extra bethesda (once it's working) for people that didn't get it.

[quote name='Dalrint']I GOT IT! It's in my shelf anyway, two copies of the Bethesda and one of the Stardock. I'm hoping they won't take them away from us when they wake up, anyway...since getting the keys would involve another few hours of refreshing.

Speaking of which, I have an extra bethesda (once it's working) for people that didn't get it.[/QUOTE]

Wait you got two Bethesdas and ONE Stardock? You know if you buy 4 items you get the 4th free, right?

[quote name='Motoki']Wait you got two Bethesdas and ONE Stardock? You know if you buy 4 items you get the 4th free, right?[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to be the one to tell him...*whistle*

[quote name='Motoki']Wait you got two Bethesdas and ONE Stardock? You know if you buy 4 items you get the 4th free, right?[/QUOTE]

You just ruined his/her night.

Only if you buy them at the same time, and I had separate windows and transactions going, just hoping one would go thru. :\

Reposting for relevance.

If you care having trouble and you know your GG order id (don't confuse with paypal transaction id) visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.
You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

Also see my fulll original post below.

I hope you already have a GamersGate acount. See my self-quote below.

Bethesda New Year Collection -- $28.76 -- steam keys

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim[/QUOTE]

Alright, some quick tips....

This link will straight up add it to your cart
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DDB-BETHESDANYC

IAMANELDERGEEK is a 5% discount code. Applying it will incur another page reload (eew). Only the bravest of CAGs will try to buy blue coins first and double dip on the code. I did.*

GG checkout sends me to paypal, sign in to paypal, click button, get sent to GG with a long url with a paypal token in the url (probably timeout and reload needed) sends me to the GG receipt page. I had to reload on timeouts when being sent to and returning from paypal

The confirm button on paypal.com should take you to http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payme...press?order_id which you need to visit to complete the transaction. The last bit of that url is a unique id.

Quick tip on seeing if it went through, visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.

You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

* I had $20 in blue coins sitting in my account since the good old days of the IGN discount that I wanted to use.

Nope. Didn't have a clue. Still happy I got anything at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back