The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Neuro5i5']I got that notification when I went to click on the "Show serial sey" button.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't even get that notification. I just have two headers that say "Copy 1 of this product" and "Copy 2 of this product" with nothing below either.

[quote name='INCyr']Yeah, that'd probably be the worst outcome. However, arent' Dishonored and Skyrim Steamworks? There's no way they CAN'T give codes for those games. So I'd guess that we'll see Steam codes for all the games eventually.

I hope.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hope so. Patience, patience...

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I got that notification when I went to click on the "Show serial sey" button.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. In my account there's no "Show serial key" button. When I click on "Bethesda Collection" nothing happens :roll:

[quote name='Neuro5i5']FYI: This is what my Library shows...

ggbethesdalib.png

I only managed to get 6 keys before I decided to go to bed.[/QUOTE]

I think that's similar to what I see, only I don't even have the individual listing of games. Just the "Bethesda New Year Collection" entry.

[quote name='INCyr']I think that's similar to what I see, only I don't even have the individual listing of games. Just the "Bethesda New Year Collection" entry.[/QUOTE]

Same here, only the Bethesda entry and when I click nothing happens, guess we'll just have to wait. :cool:

FYI there's a few Beth stuff that as of now are still generating keys. Oblivion and New Vegas both did for me. Even if you can't get most of them you can probably still get a couple.

Also don't forget to star rate everything for 50 blue coins each. :p

I guess I should go to the selling thread and start trying to sell what I can.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Source is from Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSw...a_besthesda_pack_for_only_2876_at_gamersgate/

if you feel like digging through

Seems like he used a VPN though... so that probably explains it.[/QUOTE]

Every 'MY ACCOUNT WAS LOCKED AND I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG' story somehow always seems to end with either finding out that person bought or was attempting to buy something in a region they shouldn't be buying in or 'So I traded with this Russian...'

[quote name='Unaki']So...which sims packs are worth it? The thread seems to be derailing here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']All of the smaller EXP packs are complete ripoffs. The best regular expansions are Ambitions, Pets and Generations. I'm not sure about Seasons... haven't had a chance to play that one yet![/QUOTE]

I agree with that for the most part. I'd say Ambitions and Showtime myself because they let you play out careers. Pets to me is just shorter furrier sims with much more limited interactions but all kids (and a lot of adults) seem to go bonkers over it.

[quote name='Flowette']Am I missing something?

Sleeping Dogs is £10.19 today (66% off) at GreenManGaming. With voucher code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 you can knock another 30% off the balance to bring it down to £7.14.

I'm ok with that. But then they're offering a £3 cashback?! That would bring the effective price down to £4.14. For Sleeping Dogs.

My logic:

egQXu.png

Any ideas? Tempted to take the plunge and hope for the best.

EDIT: Update: Colons: I took the plunge, it says my refund will take 3-5 working days (which effectively means January). Not bothered about the timing, so long as it comes in. If legit then this is a a cracking deal.[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh I don't know if my heart can take another crazy deal. Anyway, bought. Thanks for the heads up.

I have the complete listing, but when clicking on the Show Serial I get the message about being out of keys. Can't really complain about a couple of days of waiting

[quote name='Motoki']I guess I should go to the selling thread and start trying to sell what I can.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the rest of us will be able to sell our copies in January when the keys pop.

Oh my gosh I don't know if my heart can take another crazy deal. Anyway, bought. Thanks for the heads up.

Ugh, yeah, I think I might be deal-ed out after last night. Just hoping I can make back some of what I spent eventually.

[quote name='erequena']I have the complete listing, but when clicking on the Show Serial I get the message about being out of keys. Can't really complain about a couple of days of waiting[/QUOTE]

May the Heavens hear you and make it a two-day waiting :pray:
I highly doubt it though :cry:

[quote name='Motoki']Oh my gosh I don't know if my heart can take another crazy deal. Anyway, bought. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted, but this seems like the sort of game that will receive bundle treatment from Amazon, with an amazing price.

What a douche:

[quote name='tornadog via slickdeals']So I did the gift trick last night and got all the keys. I sent a mail to Gamersgate today morning saying I didn't get any keys, since all the games in my shelf no longer show the keys. I said I wanted to cancel my order if possible, and they refunded the money on paypal. So free games and doublestab!!! [/QUOTE]

The mass of (not-included) DLC worries me a bit with Sleeping Dogs. I don't want to buy it now for $6 then find out in a year or so that the complete pack is cheaper than buying the DLC that I want.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']What a douche:[/QUOTE]

How the hell did he get such a quick response from GamersGate, anyway. It's always taken at least 3 days for me to get a response.

[quote name='Detruire']The mass of (not-included) DLC worries me a bit with Sleeping Dogs. I don't want to buy it now for $6 then find out in a year or so that the complete pack is cheaper than buying the DLC that I want.[/QUOTE]

Same here, it's Square Enix so it's pretty much guaranteed to have a bundle deal like Saints Row 3 did.

Oh Gamersgate you so crazy.

Q2Ji.jpeg

Unfortunately there is no buy button.

[quote name='sunghost']I'm tempted, but this seems like the sort of game that will receive bundle treatment from Amazon, with an amazing price.[/QUOTE]

I went for it. It was $11 and change plus $6 back in GMG credit which I am sure I will use. That makes it effectively around $5. I don't see even Tony getting it cheaper than that for a long time.

[quote name='KnotInMud12']Anyone have a full set they'd be willing to sell close to or at cost for the bethesda bundle?[/QUOTE]

Try the selling thread. There are people there selling some but I think expecting the whole bundle at cost with most people being cockblocked until January is a bit unreasonable.

[quote name='INCyr']Hopefully the rest of us will be able to sell our copies in January when the keys pop.

Ugh, yeah, I think I might be deal-ed out after last night. Just hoping I can make back some of what I spent eventually.[/QUOTE]

o70j10.jpg

[quote name='monkeysez']mayans run on north american time duhhh[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flowette']Am I missing something?

Sleeping Dogs is £10.19 today (66% off) at GreenManGaming. With voucher code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 you can knock another 30% off the balance to bring it down to £7.14.

I'm ok with that. But then they're offering a £3 cashback?! That would bring the effective price down to £4.14. For Sleeping Dogs.

My logic:

egQXu.png

Any ideas? Tempted to take the plunge and hope for the best.

EDIT: Update: Colons: I took the plunge, it says my refund will take 3-5 working days (which effectively means January). Not bothered about the timing, so long as it comes in. If legit then this is a a cracking deal.[/QUOTE]

I chose the in store credit instead. So with the credit, the game is only $6.00USD! Good value!:hot:

[quote name='BoringPat']I chose the in store credit instead. So with the credit, the game is only $6.00USD! Good value!:hot:[/QUOTE]
Did you get the credit added straight away?

FWIW The GMG Sleeping dogs comes with the Community Gift Pack, Triad Enforcer Pack and Valve T-Shirt Pack :p DLCs.

This is in the US region. Not sure if other regions get different stuff.

[quote name='Detruire']Did you get the credit added straight away?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's in my account now and I'm already trying to figure out what to use it on.

[quote name='Motoki']
I went for it. It was $11 and change plus $6 back in GMG credit which I am sure I will use. That makes it effectively around $5. I don't see even Tony getting it cheaper than that for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Probably won't be cheaper for the base game for a while, but I guess I can't resist having all the DLC. I'd rather pay a bit more for a collection with all DLC.

[quote name='NamPaehc']
o70j10.jpg
[/QUOTE]

7 HOURS. 7 F***ING HOURS OF TRYING. Surely I can take a DAY off of being a CAG. Just... just a day? Maybe at least a couple of hours? Surely a couple of hours. Or an hour. Just... just 1 hour. Please?

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW The GMG Sleeping dogs comes with the Community Gift Pack, Triad Enforcer Pack and Valve T-Shirt Pack :p DLCs.[/QUOTE]
The Community Gift Pack and the Valve T-Shirt Pack are free for everyone.

[quote name='Motoki']Yes. It's in my account now and I'm already trying to figure out what to use it on.[/QUOTE]
Temping....

[quote name='sunghost']Probably won't be cheaper for the base game for a while, but I guess I can't resist having all the DLC. I'd rather pay a bit more for a collection with all DLC.[/QUOTE]

I went to look and at first went 'man that's a lot of DLC' then I looked at the descriptions and the vast majority of it is cosmetic crap.

Meh, I can live without the outfits and extra guns and such. *shrug*

I guess I can understand people waiting though if they really want all that. I did wait to get Saints Row until the $13 franchise pack popped up.

[quote name='Detruire']The Community Gift Pack and the Valve T-Shirt Pack are free for everyone.
[/QUOTE]

I was just looking to see what came with it on the installed DLC tab. I hadn't really been following this game that closely until now.

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW The GMG Sleeping dogs comes with the Community Gift Pack, Triad Enforcer Pack and Valve T-Shirt Pack :p DLCs.

This is in the US region. Not sure if other regions get different stuff.

Yes. It's in my account now and I'm already trying to figure out what to use it on.[/QUOTE]

Cool, didn't even realize it came with DLC. I just straight up bought it as soon as I saw it. This is one of those game that I doubt I'd actually buy DLC for. I didn't have any intention on buying it in the first place.

For the credit, you could buy Skyrim, Dishonored, Fallout... uh, yeah, I'll get back to you.

[quote name='momouchi']I think people are still hammering Gamersgate because I can't even get the frontpage open.[/QUOTE]
It's loading fine for me.

[quote name='Motoki']I went to look and at first went 'man that's a lot of DLC' then I looked at the descriptions and the vast majority of it is cosmetic crap.

Meh, I can live without the outfits and extra guns and such. *shrug*[/QUOTE]
It looks like quite a bit of the DLC unlocks a mission or some kind of activity (race, fight, etc.)

[quote name='Motoki']I was just looking to see what came with it on the installed DLC tab. I hadn't really been following this game that closely until now.[/QUOTE]I only know because I had just been reading the description under the image of Wei wearing the valve t-shirts.

Sleeping Dogs for $11.90 (Using the GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 Coupon Code.) plus $6 GMG Credit is actually pretty tempting. However, I did take a look at all the DLC on Steam's product page, and, yeah, that is a lot of content. I think I'd prefer a more complete package, but that is a good price. As usual, I find myself torn.

re: Sleeping Dogs DLC
[quote name='Detruire']It's loading fine for me.
It looks like quite a bit of the DLC unlocks a mission or some kind of activity (race, fight, etc.)
[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. Is there a list somewhere of which DLC unlocks?

It's kind of like Magic. At first you see a crap load of DLC and you think you need it all but really it's stuff that unlocks during the course of the game anyway.

Yea, I'm tempted by Sleeping Dogs on GMG as well. Still wondering whether the extreme mouse slowness was caused by my system, the demo, or something else. I maxed out the sensitivity and I still had to move the mouse a ton just to turn. Made the chase scenes very tough.

Wargame Escalation with all the DLC for $9.99 is a fantastic deal if you're into those types of games. It's gotten solid reviews and I was waiting for a price drop. Sold ! :applause:

[quote name='Motoki']re: Sleeping Dogs DLC

It's kind of like Magic. At first you see a crap load of DLC and you think you need it all but really it's stuff that unlocks during the course of the game anyway.[/QUOTE]
I think it's unlock in the sense of allowing you to play it (and not in the get-it-early sense.) That's the impression that I got from the DLC description, but I can't say for sure as I haven't played the game.

Well that's interesting, I just purchased 2 of the bundles through the Moneybooker payment option successfully. Guess I'll see what happens in January.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Sleeping Dogs for $11.90 (Using the GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 Coupon Code.) plus $6 GMG Credit is actually pretty tempting. However, I did take a look at all the DLC on Steam's product page, and, yeah, that is a lot of content. I think I'd prefer a more complete package, but that is a good price. As usual, I find myself torn.[/QUOTE]

WOaoly shet, that's a nice code for this. The DLC will later be discounted in a pack of no more than $10 someday.
best bet - the entire collection will end up like a Saints Row 3+All DLC deal for $10-11ish

As someone who has gotten every achievement in Sleeping Dogs, and a few pieces of the DLC.... Don't get the DLC.

The game is a ton of fun. The best piece of DLC is Nightmare in North Point, which cost me like $6.79 or something like that, and it only lasted an hour for me to complete it 100%.

I also bought another 2.50 piece of DLC, but that was only to get more Triad XP for my last achievement :(.

The only real piece of DLC is Nightmare in North Point, so if you need some, get that.

[quote name='Wolfmight']WOaoly shet, that's a nice code for this. The DLC will later be discounted in a pack of no more than $10 someday.
best bet - the entire collection will end up like a Saints Row 3+All DLC deal for $10-11ish[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I am willing to wait, but, at the same time, I truly do want to play this game. Its development was fascinating to watch, particularly since it was previously part of the True Crime franchise. (Humorously enough, I never played those games. I enjoyed hearing about the bugs in the second game, though.) Now that it's out and getting a lot of good word of mouth, I would like to join in.

For CAG's, it sounds simple until the checkout screen is reached. "Will it be cheaper? Will you play it before that time? [In some cases,] will this game eventually be in a bundle?" Shoite.

Bought SD from GMG; activated via Steam.
That deal's INSANE, with the percent off coupon ($11.90) + then an extra $6 GMG Credit.
Downloading the Sleeping Dogs from Steam!!! :D

EDIT:
I always had trouble w/ going straight-up CC w/ GMG and having to do a song and dance to get my bank/CC to let it go through.
God, they made it SO MUCH EASIER w/ now allowing PayPal via CC - which is what I prefer doing for International orders.
Went through no problem that way. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wuxbustah8']As someone who has gotten every achievement in Sleeping Dogs, and a few pieces of the DLC.... Don't get the DLC.

The game is a ton of fun. The best piece of DLC is Nightmare in North Point, which cost me like $6.79 or something like that, and it only lasted an hour for me to complete it 100%.

I also bought another 2.50 piece of DLC, but that was only to get more Triad XP for my last achievement :(.

The only real piece of DLC is Nightmare in North Point, so if you need some, get that.[/QUOTE]

I am not an OMG I HAVE TO HAVE EVER SINGLE PIECE OF DLC EVAH OR THE GAME IS NOT COMPLETE type person. I mean obviously because I own Railworks and I'm not bankrupt.

I kind of hate that companies do that to people now. The thing is though I think people need to look at it like F2P microtransactions because that is really the model that the gaming industry is trying to emulate these days.

With F2P games there's a lot of different little extras you can buy if you want but they are optional, meant to be optional and it's not meant that every single person should need to get them all.

That said, when Squeidos gets desperate enough they will dump them all together in a big cheap pack, but I don't think that will be for some time. Meanwhile I've heard good things about the game and would like to give it a spin.

I know right? Who plays their games?

Sleeping Dogs is tempting, but with all I have to play, I can guarantee I'll see a better/complete deal before I get around to playing it. For those who'll play it now, though, go for it!

Looks like GG ran out of certian codes. I was able to get 3 before I went to bed last night and I was able to get three more now but they say they are out of keys for Fallout 3, Hunted, Rage, and Rogue Warrior.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Looks like GG ran out of certian codes. I was able to get 3 before I went to bed last night and I was able to get three more now but they say they are out of keys for Fallout 3, Hunted, Rage, and Rogue Warrior.[/QUOTE]

Mine is out of everything. I managed to get the ones last night that I sold off, and Skyrim this morning. Everything else is out.

Wow I'm really glad I fought through the pain and retrieved all the keys from both bundles yesterday

I really can't decide if I want to get Sleeping Dogs...$5.90 (factoring in credit) is an incredible price for it but I have no idea if I even really want to play it. I swear I care more about how good a deal is than what the game even is most of the time

[quote name='plft']Yea, I'm tempted by Sleeping Dogs on GMG as well. Still wondering whether the extreme mouse slowness was caused by my system, the demo, or something else. I maxed out the sensitivity and I still had to move the mouse a ton just to turn. Made the chase scenes very tough.[/QUOTE]

I played on my PC with Xbox controler and no slowness whatsoever. Also, with high def packs, very purty

[quote name='Eldredpe']Mine is out of everything. I managed to get the ones last night that I sold off, and Skyrim this morning. Everything else is out.[/QUOTE]

I managed to get Oblivion and New Vegas keys just a little bit ago. Cockblocked on the rest though.

The Stardock stuff I got with no problems at all because Slickdeals and Reddit and such never caught on/card about that one.

[quote name='kataztrophik']I swear I care more about how good a deal is than what the game even is most of the time[/QUOTE]

And? I'm really failing to see the problem here. :mrgreen:

[quote name='Motoki']re: Sleeping Dogs DLC

It's kind of like Magic. At first you see a crap load of DLC and you think you need it all but really it's stuff that unlocks during the course of the game anyway.[/QUOTE]

Some of the DLC are like boosters, money bonuses, respect etc, obviously these are in the game. What isnt included are things like when you go to kung fu island or battle the demons of the night to defeat using justice to restore order to the city. There is a police pack in the Dragon master pack, it does not include the swat pack which has a swat vehicle and other things. That stuff game out so fast after release its a wonder police missions are not part of the game, I mean you play AS A COP, imagine if in gta vice city you had to buy some bonus disc to play the ambulance or police missions.

Holding out for the GOTY besides too busy falling asleep playing hitman atm not sure I need another bedtime story from square.

[quote name='monkeysez']I played on my PC with Xbox controler and no slowness whatsoever. Also, with high def packs, very purty[/QUOTE]
Looks like it's fixed both with controller and my mouse. Maybe I had to reboot or something like that.

Now to decide whether to get the credit or the cashback.

Is the Stardock bundle gone too? I never could seem to find it last night

EDIT: Nevermind, came up on search this time. I'm guessing it wasn't $50 last night though

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back