The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
So I totally find this out like 15 minutes before the flash is over but Sims Medieval is a secret flash at $10.19 and people are saying in Australia it's even cheaper @ $2.19!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/102820/discussions/0/846940247905549611/

[quote name='nosferatu51']Is the Stardock bundle gone too? I never could seem to find it last night

EDIT: Nevermind, came up on search this time. I'm guessing it wasn't $50 last night though[/QUOTE]

It was $25 last night on a price mistake.

I have a pending payment, if I pay now will it be a good and safe move? I mean, I don't know if GG won't give me keys or whatever... anyone advice?

I couldn't resist, so I bought sleeping dogs with the cash back option. I decided to get the cash back option as opposed to credit in case steam has a better sale and I can justify buying it today instead of waiting. It's a mental justification game for me when buying games for a huge backlog.

[quote name='monkeysez']I couldn't resist, so I bought sleeping dogs with the cash back option. I decided to get the cash back option as opposed to credit in case steam has a better sale and I can justify buying it today instead of waiting. It's a mental justification game for me when buying games for a huge backlog.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt Steam will be able to beat GMG's SD deal. It is a glitch after all.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Man, I'm doing horrible with the Communitys Choice games...

Universe Sandbox... eh. [/QUOTE]

Hey, that's what I voted for. I got one right.

I made the purchase last night and completed the payment this morning. I managed to get codes for Dishonored, Oblivion, Morrowind, and Skyrim. The rest ran out of keys.

[quote name='Terlan']By the end of this sale I predict talk of gamersgate will have filled this thread more than steam related talk.[/QUOTE]

So far I've seen more talk about everyone but Steam. Course, what's there to talk about? Amnesia's five bucks again.

[quote name='Terlan']By the end of this sale I predict talk of gamersgate will have filled this thread more than steam related talk.[/QUOTE]

bacon-cheeseburger.jpg

[quote name='Hamb3000']I made the purchase last night and completed the payment this morning. I managed to get codes for Dishonored, Oblivion, Morrowind, and Skyrim. The rest ran out of keys.[/QUOTE]
Would you like to sell me any? :DDDD

XCom as a new flash deal, but only 33% off. I was really hoping for 50%, but it would jump to the front of my backlog. I loved the original and TFTD. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='Terlan']New Community votes
Ace of Spades
Primordia
Hotline Miami

I'm thinking Primordia or ace of spades myself.[/QUOTE]

voted Hotline Miami myself even though I already have it, its a great game I think everyone should own

[quote name='InfenroIII']Thoughts on CS:Complete?[/QUOTE]

I'd get it if i don't have anything. but since i got css, i'd wait for cs:go 75 off, hopefully daily deal last day :)

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I highly doubt Steam will be able to beat GMG's SD deal. It is a glitch after all.

Hey, that's what I voted for. I got one right.[/QUOTE]

I figured that much and bought it.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']voted Hotline Miami myself even though I already have it, its a great game I think everyone should own[/QUOTE]

But it was on sale at both Steam and Amazon a week ago.

Just grabbed Sleeping Dogs. Great price and I'm hoping there's something good for me to use my credit on so I don't forget about it.

I also have $2 or so in blue coins so if there's a sale for something cheap that I can grab with them so I don't forget about them as well.

I'm waiting for January to roll around to pick up Hotline Miami from Amazon. Even if it never goes on sale, it'll be $5 which matches any previous deal for it.

Also, I'm just going to stop buying indie games unless they're 75% off or more AND I plan on playing them immediately. Otherwise I'll just wait for it to show up in a bundle somewhere

So they no longer have keys for the Bethesda pack on GG? Now that the site works again, I can purchase all of my pending orders, but I'm not sure I can afford to buy them and wait a few weeks. =\

[quote name='Blade']So they no longer have keys for the Bethesda pack on GG? Now that the site works again, I can purchase all of my pending orders, but I'm not sure I can afford to buy them and wait a few weeks. =\[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to take one of the orders off your hands :D
I'm so frustrated I couldn't get the deal to work and missed out.

[quote name='Blade']So they no longer have keys for the Bethesda pack on GG? Now that the site works again, I can purchase all of my pending orders, but I'm not sure I can afford to buy them and wait a few weeks. =\[/QUOTE]

Yeah you won't get keys until mid January so if you are buying just to sell most of it I wouldn't.

If you want most of it for yourself and are fine with waiting should be okay though.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Grabbed RPG maker

Everyone has to play whatever I make

WHATEVER I MAKE![/QUOTE]

If it's decent looking and 75% off, I'll probably buy it and play it in two years.

[quote name='Pheace']Thanks, managed to do a quick trade for one knowing that :)[/QUOTE]

Are you in Australia? If so I'll buy/trade Sims Medieval from you if that deal happens to come back at some point. :p

[quote name='Terlan']Anyone have any feedback on Magic 2013?[/QUOTE]

My feedback is it will be 75% off at some point.

Seriously, I was on the fence but eh I have 2012 so I can wait for the new revision to get cheaper.

Price aside, if you had to choose between Far Cry 3 (having never played Far Cry) and Sleeping Dogs... which would you choose?

Steam Key Dump:

Saints Row: The Third Steam Key
N7PPM-B2EIW-RTE2D

Titan Quest Steam Key
P93WX-IFQ2B-L27BC

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Steam Key
FPJWX-K6JA0-Z4RLY

Indie Game: The Movie Steam Key
67PJ8-EA7Z0-LG2RD

Legend of Grimrock Steam Key
QVVKP-5V35W-VQB88

[quote name='Broken Cage']Price aside, if you had to choose between Far Cry 3 (having never played Far Cry) and Sleeping Dogs... which would you choose?[/QUOTE]

Do you prefer a shooter or action/combat genres?

I know, kinda generalized, but I think it's fitting.

I'd choose FC3, personally. (Though I did just buy SD because of the smokin' deal.)

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Do you prefer a shooter or action/combat genres?

I know, kinda generalized, but I think it's fitting.[/QUOTE]

I'm fond of both, but I'm really not into the CoD style of "Follow guy with dot", so if it's like that, I'll go with Sleeping Dogs.

[quote name='TheKbob']
Legend of Grimrock Steam Key
QVVKP-5V35W-VQB88
[/QUOTE]

High praise for this one, thanks and Merry Xmas to you and your close ones :)

[quote name='Motoki']Are you in Australia? If so I'll buy/trade Sims Medieval from you if that deal happens to come back at some point. :razz:
[/QUOTE]

Afraid not, just happened to find one quickly to trade me a copy :)

[quote name='TheKbob']Steam Key Dump:[/QUOTE]

That's a quality selection. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Indie Game the movie. I think Phil Fish talking about murdering his partner for ten minutes really made it pop.

Voted for Ace of Spades

Although I am sure it would have gone on sale later, I doubt it would hit 75%. The timing is perfect just before Christmas, and it will make a great gift for my brothers!

[quote name='Broken Cage']That's a quality selection. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Indie Game the movie. I think Phil Fish talking about murdering his partner for ten minutes really made it pop.[/QUOTE]

Really cannot trade indie bundle games, in my mind. It's charity, yah know?

Still paid $10 for the recent bundle because of Closure + Snapshot + the metric crapton of DLC I did not have for Dungeon Defenders. Shank 2 + Isaac DLC might get played. Bought IG:TM from them direct and it's on Netflix.

Good movie.

Also, Saints Row the Third is amazing. :p

I voted for Hotline Miami. I really want to see what the Zeitgeist is about around that one. FTL had a big one, too, and that paid off in spades for me @ $6.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah you won't get keys until mid January so if you are buying just to sell most of it I wouldn't.

If you want most of it for yourself and are fine with waiting should be okay though.[/QUOTE]

Is that official?

I guess I'm feeling ok with selling most of my lesser wanted keys last night and managing to snag my Skyrim key this morning, then.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Voted for Primordia. It's the only one I would buy, but not sure if I'd leap at 50% off. I DO love Wadgeteye, though...[/QUOTE]

I'm considering picking it up just to support them. Wadjeteye really is a fantastic company.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah you won't get keys until mid January so if you are buying just to sell most of it I wouldn't.

If you want most of it for yourself and are fine with waiting should be okay though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that input, Motoki. I got all the keys for the bundle I ordered for myself last night, but all these other orders are still pending.

I do have two giftable copies in my order history that I can buy now. Keep in mind that you wouldn't get your keys for another few weeks, but the games would be in your account when keys become available. I'm thinking $35 is still a fair amount per gift; if anyone's interested, PM me.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Is that official?

I guess I'm feeling ok with selling most of my lesser wanted keys last night and managing to snag my Skyrim key this morning, then.

I'm considering picking it up just to support them. Wadjeteye really is a fantastic company.[/QUOTE]

Official that you won't get the keys until mid-January? If you try to get them it says they are out of keys and need to contact the developer. I forget where I read the mid January part but that's second hand that someone posted. Not sure of the source because this board moves so damned fast to find it.

If someone knows though please post it.

PS - I like Wadjeteye as well, voted for Primordia and will probably grab it if it goes on sale. Then it will be in a bundle later but still. :p

For those of us who just picked up Sleeping Dogs, there is the free DLC on steam, Ghost Pig and HD Textures pack (can you disable these in game if it doesn't run well?).

voted ace of spades as well. Kinda looks entertaining, and I don't mind $5 for it.

And I did get into that bethesda bundle, and while I was hoping to play dishonored soon, I can wait. Mid january? Just in time to go back to university. haha.

[quote name='Motoki']Official that you won't get the keys until mid-January? If you try to get them it says they are out of keys and need to contact the developer. I forget where I read the mid January part but that's second hand that someone posted. Not sure of the source because this board moves so damned fast to find it.

If someone knows though please post it.
[/QUOTE]
https://twitter.com/GamersGate/status/282458640152141824

Had an order that was in limbo that I decided to finish payment on. No games were attached to the collection, so I'm going to have to get a refund on that one.

[quote name='Broken Cage']That's a quality selection. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Indie Game the movie. I think Phil Fish talking about murdering his partner for ten minutes really made it pop.[/QUOTE]

That's funny because Phil Fish made me cringe throughout the movie, whenever he started one of his rage filled rants, whether it was about his fans following his game or his ex partner. The way he was acting makes me not want to support his titles o.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back