The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nategator']This entire page looks like some people stayed up too late F5'ing GamersGate ;)[/QUOTE]

That's what it takes to live the CAG life

[quote name='kataztrophik']Not sure if ninja edit or you just really wanted to talk about Torchlight LOL[/QUOTE]
i changed it as soon as i saw it was a different game on google haha

[quote name='Severose']Wait it out. A kind CAG will see this post and give you a code for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Seve. I would appreciate if someone could help me with Super Meat Boy, but I would also gladly pay $1 if anyone has it.

I think I had to get the DoW Franchise pack, I've been wanting to just get Retribution and Chaos Rising and I'd prolly buy them for $5 each. Might as well get it all. & Yeah I'm trying to reason to myself on this $10 purchase after the $30 Bethesda pack lol.

[quote name='bob_793']Super fun if you like diablo style games. There is no co-op in the first one though.[/QUOTE]

Skip Torchlight 1. Go straight to Torchlight 2 it's a much better game (hits $10 now, $7.50 in a 4-pack)

[quote name='asheskitty']Skip Torchlight 1. Go straight to Torchlight 2 it's a much better game (hits $10 now, $7.50 in a 4-pack)[/QUOTE]

While I did think Torchlight 1 was quite good...
...Torchlight 2 is AWESOME & MUCH improved.

[quote name='MysterD']While I did think Torchlight 1 was quite good...
...Torchlight 2 is AWESOME & MUCH improved.[/QUOTE]
Indeed played through torchlight 2 with a friend. One thing I should have done is maybe payed attention to the story? I just hit ok or skip and ran around breaking pots and collecting loot like a giddy little school girl.
Also I highly recommend listening to "friend like me" from Aladdin while killing the genie boss.

[quote name='mac995555']Walking dead's got this in the bag and a purchase from me.[/QUOTE]

You can already get it for 50% off from Gamefly, plus take another 20% off with code HOLIDAY20 for a total of $10.

[quote name='MysterD']While I did think Torchlight 1 was quite good...
...Torchlight 2 is AWESOME & MUCH improved.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just feel that a new buyer (or receiver) now would be much happier with TL2 for a few bucks more. If nothing else for coop.

[quote name='asheskitty']Skip Torchlight 1. Go straight to Torchlight 2 it's a much better game (hits $10 now, $7.50 in a 4-pack)[/QUOTE]
And $8 at GameFly.

[quote name='bob_793']I like how we are all talking about torchlight and the guy didnt even want that :p
It was a typo he wants info on deadlight.[/QUOTE]

Maybe next we'll talk about Blacklight: Tango Down + Retribution... :p
...well, I won't talk about them, b/c I ain't played either! :p

[quote name='MysterD']Maybe next we'll talk about Blacklight: Tango Down + Retribution... :p
...well, I won't talk about them, b/c I ain't played either! :p[/QUOTE]
Or faster than light?

I have to throw in a WTF regarding the last vote. Ace of Spades over Hotline Miami??? Need a good price on that this sale. With that said, is AoS worth a shot?

It was the best of times, it was the worst of time.

I finally got Skyrim for my buy price of $15 or less,

And three days ago RMA'd my video card from a broken fan with a 3 week turn around.

XFX, you suck.

[quote name='nategator']It was the best of times, it was the worst of time.

I finally got Skyrim for my buy price of $15 or less,

And three days ago RMA'd my video card from a broken fan with a 3 week turn around.

XFX, you suck.[/QUOTE]
Where'd you get a $15 or less Skyrim! :D TELL ME....please.

Damn, I'm an idiot for buying Dawn of War II series for $22 or so last Winter Sale and Dawn of War Platinum for $10-15 when I didn't even play them... Didn't think it'd drop by so much.

[quote name='LoLRoflCopter']Where'd you get a $15 or less Skyrim! :D TELL ME....please.[/QUOTE]
A website had a wrong price for a bethesda bundle and some people pressed f5 for 3-4 hours to get the sale to go through.
Also add me on steam and if you really want those lego games I could help you out when that amazon sale starts as long as you have the paypal.

Just putting it out there, I love Fallen Enchantress. I was only going to play a few turns, and now I am up almost an hour and a half later than I wanted. Hopefully I will awake to good deals.

[quote name='Sokvichet']I have to throw in a WTF regarding the last vote. Ace of Spades over Hotline Miami??? Need a good price on that this sale. With that said, is AoS worth a shot?[/QUOTE]

Hotline Miami is already 4 bucks at Gamefly. Ace of Spades needs a sale.

[quote name='LoLRoflCopter']Where'd you get a $15 or less Skyrim! :D TELL ME....please.[/QUOTE]

People bought a Bethesda pack that was accidentally listed with a very low price-tag. Some people are selling extra keys that they have. I have an extra key for Skyrim that I'd be willing to part with for $15. But in all honesty, you could probably find it a bit cheaper from someone else here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279563&page=660

[quote name='Gosha']Hotline Miami is already 4 bucks at Gamefly. Ace of Spades needs a sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm more disappointed that Primordia was last.

[quote name='Gosha']Hotline Miami is already 4 bucks at Gamefly. Ace of Spades needs a sale.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thanks! Sounds like it worked out.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I'm more disappointed that Primordia was last.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see my voting success from the Summer sale has held firm. I always pick the losers.

[quote name='bob_793']A website had a wrong price for a bethesda bundle and some people pressed f5 for 3-4 hours to get the sale to go through.
Also add me on steam and if you really want those lego games I could help you out when that amazon sale starts as long as you have the paypal.[/QUOTE]
Cool thanks bro. Dat ID? Yeah, I heard about that Gamersgate thing...wished I had the money for it...............and the patience.

You'll be able to get Hotline Miami for $2.50 (and possibly) free from Amazon starting in January (assuming you have some of the coupons).

[quote name='Mooby']You'll be able to get Hotline Miami for $2.50 (and possibly) free from Amazon starting in January (assuming you have some of the coupons).[/QUOTE]

If it isn't free, I'm not picking it up. Hotline Miami has Humble Indie Bundle 10 written all over it. I can wait.

[quote name='The End']If it isn't free, I'm not picking it up. Hotline Miami has Humble Indie Bundle 10 written all over it. I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I tend to agree. Although I have about five of those coupons now and might possibly get another few before January hits and there's probably only 3-4 things on the EC list (currently) that I'd really be interested in.

Yeah, I've already got seven credits. At the moment, there are only 4 things on the list of games that I would even be tempted to buy. So as it is, I'm probably gonna have to help other people buy things just to use them up.

I wish they were codes again this year. It would make it a lot easier to simply give somebody a code that they could use.

[quote name='LoLRoflCopter']Cool thanks bro. Dat ID? Yeah, I heard about that Gamersgate thing...wished I had the money for it...............and the patience.[/QUOTE]
Oh yah my steam ID is XIGRIMxREAPERIX

For some reason I cannot purchase games as gifts on Steam, anyone else have this problem?

Edit: must have something to do with one of the games in my cart

Last edited by a moderator:

I may have a Skyrim key avalible for that price...shameless plug/

Probably have gained at least 20 friends in the last week or so. CAG always shows love lol

Yeah, I still have a spare Skyrim key for $15 paypal leftover from the Gamers Gate pack if anyone is interested.

Will be a few floating around the Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread for a bit. Several listed theirs at $12.50, but I think most of those are gone already.

[quote name='The End']If it isn't free, I'm not picking it up. Hotline Miami has Humble Indie Bundle 10 written all over it. I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Yes, definetly. Seems prime a Humble Bundle inclusion.

Yeah. I have a sucky problem....$8 is missing from my Paypal for a Hulu Plus payment I never asked for....I don't even remember activating Hulu Plus.... D:

[quote name='Sacsquash']For some reason I cannot purchase games as gifts on Steam, anyone else have this problem?

Edit: must have something to do with one of the games in my cart[/QUOTE]

I just managed to successfully make a gift purchase (finally bought something this sale, hurray). I didn't gift it directly to anybody though. I added the items to my inventory. Not sure if it would have been different if I tried to send it to somebody.

[quote name='SeymourGams']So were the Ys games on sale or did I imagine that? Everything else I've wanted in this sale hasn't gone above 50%.[/QUOTE]

They were 75% off as a flash sale yesterday or the day before.

[quote name='Genocidal']They were 75% off as a flash sale yesterday or the day before.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I recalled buying them but must not have finished the paypal transaction. Bah-humbug.

Anyone know if Rayman Origins (Gamefly Version) can be activated on Steam? Not sure if Ubisoft will have a 75% off sale before the week ends.

[quote name='bshirk']Anyone know if Rayman Origins (Gamefly Version) can be activated on Steam? Not sure if Ubisoft will have a 75% off sale before the week ends.[/QUOTE]
no they have a different client

[quote name='carl7117']no they have a different client[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='bshirk']Anyone know if Rayman Origins (Gamefly Version) can be activated on Steam? Not sure if Ubisoft will have a 75% off sale before the week ends.[/QUOTE]

Nate Silver would predict a 91.3% chance that Rayman Origins will be discounted during the Winter's Sale.

[quote name='nategator']Nate Silver would predict a 91.3% chance that Rayman Origins will be discounted during the Winter's Sale.[/QUOTE]

Silver's prediction is all we need, but just to make sure it's discounted, Karl Rove predicts that it won't be on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back