The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I go to bed early for the first time in 2 weeks, and wake up to another GG fiasco. I would have actually loved a borderlands for that price too.

[quote name='hbluft']Wow, I go to bed early for the first time in 2 weeks, and wake up to another GG fiasco. I would have actually loved a borderlands for that price too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know! :( I almost did the Bethesda pack but then realized I already owned most of it that I wanted....

Wish I had seen this about GG. I bought BL2 from GreenMan a few minutes ago for 21 bucks. A single pack, too!

[quote name='plutoknight']Yeah I know! :( I almost did the Bethesda pack but then realized I already owned most of it that I wanted....

Wish I had seen this about GG. I bought BL2 from GreenMan a few minutes ago for 21 bucks. A single pack, too![/QUOTE]

Sounds like you overpaid by almost 18 dollars. I feel like I need to start paying closer attention to GamersGate in the off hours.

Damn I missed this one. Hopefully karma will help me out here. I sold some Bethesda packs at cost so if someone would be willing to help me out with Borderlands 2 I'd be extremely grateful.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']To me world World Adventures adds the most varied type of content such as exploring ruins. If I was only getting one expansion that would be it even though they all add something unique for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I'm going to bite on World Adventures. The reviews are saying it's really creative. Thanks!

[quote name='utopianmachine']Man. Too bad people are charging so much for a BL2 copy in the group buy thread. :([/QUOTE]

I know right? Charging more for 1 key than they paid for all 4 is kinda ridiculous. It's the holidays!

[quote name='wuxbustah8']I know right? Charging more for 1 key than they paid for all 4 is kinda ridiculous. It's the holidays![/QUOTE]

Hoarders gonna hoard

[quote name='wuxbustah8']I know right? Charging more for 1 key than they paid for all 4 is kinda ridiculous. It's the holidays![/QUOTE]
Even if it wasn't, that's a pretty [lame] practice.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']On a steam note (I know WTF am I talking about; GTFO of this thread), is anyone elses Fallout: NV - UE updating @ 9.2GB?[/QUOTE]
Just noticed mine is updating as well. I'm not even sure that I had it installed.

I agree. I don't want to seem entitled but profiting a ridiculous amount off of a price mistake just seems kinda underhanded to me.

[quote name='bantheradio']Just noticed mine is updating as well. I'm not even sure that I had it installed.[/QUOTE]

I had mine suspend itself after a min or so so you won't be downloading 9.2GB or whatever. This happened to me a couple days ago.

[quote name='aa.jetta']I had mine suspend itself after a min or so so you won't be downloading 9.2GB or whatever. This happened to me a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Just noticed this. Strange.

[quote name='bantheradio']Looks like Orcs Must Die 2 won the community vote.[/QUOTE]
Not surprising. Most of the people who voted for it probably thought something like "-50%, no; -50%, no; -75%... yes."

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Alice Madness Returns is $4.99 (75% off) as part of the flash sale.

I suggest you grab it if you are interested. I don't know how well it controls on PC but I played it on PS3 and loved it. Very fun platformer and a damn good story. Highly recommended![/QUOTE]
Tempted, but I'd rather have the first game too and it looks like the only way to get that is to get the franchise pack from amazon when it is on sale as I don't see it anywhere on steam.

[quote name='Detruire']Not surprising. Most of the people who voted for it probably thought something like "-50%, no; -50%, no; -75%... yes."[/QUOTE]

Yeah why don't they just use a single discount number? Wonder if lower % off has one before. Sure it has, but I think they more or less can figure out which will win when they load it like this.

Is AC2 worth getting for $5 or has it been cheaper? I played the first but couldn't get into it. However, I heard the second is much better and not as repetitive.

Funny I got a 4pack on gamersgate but only got one code.
how do we get the codes for say COpy 2 and copy 3?

I only see the one code listed.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Yep. Just noticed this. Strange.[/QUOTE]

Not that strange. It's probably a new patch. Typically Steam has to reinstall a game in its entirety in order to apply patches.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Funny I got a 4pack on gamersgate but only got one code.
how do we get the codes for say COpy 2 and copy 3?

I only see the one code listed.[/QUOTE]

People were reporting in the GG thread that they had bought 2 4-packs and only gotten access to two codes; this may be some inherent limitation of the site. The other codes may only be visible if gifted, but I don't know about any of this from firsthand experience.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Man. Too bad people are charging so much for a BL2 copy in the group buy thread. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Severose']Hoarders gonna hoard[/QUOTE]

lol, well I can't speak for others, but when the original BL2 glitch happened ($14.99 for a single copy) I bought two copies thinking I could help out some CAGs since they helped me out this winter sale with other deals. Went to sleep, got up, and I see $14.99 is going to high given the 4 pack glitch later so I might just see if anyone I know wants my expensive ones.

[quote name='bantheradio']Looks like Orcs Must Die 2 won the community vote.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll cross my fingers and hope Little Inferno gets a daily or flash deal. I think it's the last game I'm really holding out for a sale on.

[quote name='Cantatus']Guess I'll cross my fingers and hope Little Inferno gets a daily or flash deal. I think it's the last game I'm really holding out for a sale on.[/QUOTE]

i voted for it.

New flash deals are meh as is the community vote. Temped by thirty flights of loving but not sure if it may end up in a bundle eventually.

So...

Sleeping Dogs
Space Marine Collection
Thirty Flights of Loving

Community...
Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
The End
F1 2012

I think GamersGate could learn a thing or two from Steam regarding mediocre sales.

[quote name='Terlan']New flash deals are meh as is the community vote. Temped by thirty flights of loving but not sure if it may end up in a bundle eventually.[/QUOTE]

It will :D

They usually end up doing so after sales on steam end up at a snail's pace...

Blood Bowl has crappy DRM.

F1 was already on sale and is expensive and only 50% off even if it wins.

I voted Football Manager 2013 mostly because of The End. :p

Oh and I'm tempted by the Space Marine pack since you do get all the DLC.

Aaaand bought.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Just an FYI, all the DLC for Space Marine applies to the multi player aspect.[/QUOTE]

Aaaaaand temptation avoided, thanks! ;)

[quote name='Corpekata']That's actually a pretty good bundle. Did it have an absurd starting price or something?[/QUOTE]

$13. They also had Hotline Miami and Pid but removed them for VVVVVV the day before the bundle went live.

[quote name='argyle']Aaaaaand temptation avoided, thanks! ;)[/QUOTE]

The vanilla game seems pretty cool. I got the THQ pack from Amazon specifically for that game. The completionist in me always wants it all but when I saw the DLC was MP only I suppressed my urges.

Picked up Blood Bowl Chaos edition. Really enjoying it. Might not be for everyone but if you want a fantasy based version of a chess/football mix then you will really enjoy it.

[quote name='Mike UFC']The vanilla game seems pretty cool. I got the THQ pack from Amazon specifically for that game. The completionist in me always wants it all but when I saw the DLC was MP only I suppressed my urges.[/QUOTE]
Same situation here. Glad I didn't need to drop the extra $$$ to experience everything in single player.

Since I already bought the Dawn Of War Franchise, I went ahead and got the Space Marine Collection. Too bad the DLC costumes can't be used in singleplayer, ala Arkham City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back