The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zico']Can't believe, I bought Grimrock on steam 10 minutes ago and now it's on the humble bundle. /faceslap[/QUOTE]

It's been in the humble bundle as bta.

[quote name='The End']Well it's official. Buying the Indie Royale Christmas bundle part 2 was a waste of money. :([/QUOTE]

I pretty much talked myself into that bundle specifically for Offspring Fling too.

I don't mind repeats from a groups own or competing bundles but Offpsing Fling was just in Indie Royale. Be nice if they could, oh I don't know, wait a month or so before putting in their game in another bundle.

Then Again War of Human Tanks was in Bundle in a Box and Indie Fort at nearly the same time, only that I was thankful for because I wanted the Desura key and crappy IndieFort wouldn't give them.

[quote name='zico']i didn't know :/
been some time since I checked it out[/QUOTE]

When in doubt, ask a cheapass. Seriously!

[quote name='zico']Can't believe, I bought Grimrock on steam 10 minutes ago and now it's on the humble bundle. /faceslap[/QUOTE]

It has been on the Humble Indie Bundle for one week now.

[quote name='emwearz']The Sims Medieval is $2.19 in the Aussie Store, anyone interested in picking one up for a even $3USD drop me a pm. I have work in about 2 hours.

Anyone with Marketplace feedback of 50 or more, $2.19 will be fine.[/QUOTE]

I am on for a few hours if anyone else wants to get in on this, drop me a PM.

I'm pretty surprised Steam couldn't eek out a 50% discount at least on XCOM, but hey, it's the #2 seller right now so I guess it's working for them. Games like FTL would have been easily been 75% off in previous sales too.

Oh well, still got some good deals this year.

Believe it or not, I've never played any counter strike game (besides some minutes of the GO free weekend). Is too late to start now? I see there are about 4 versions on the complete collection. If I go with it, I won't buy Binary Domain on GMG :(

Oh and I meant to mention this before but just as an FYI, you can take your Sims Medieval key from Steam and also activate it to Origin as well.

Go to http://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html and login with your Origin account info or create an account (make sure it uses the same email you want your Origin account to use). Then once you register it there it should show up in Origin.

Note that the Pirate and Nobles expansion was removed some time ago on Steam and you cannot get it there so if you ever do decide to get that expansion you'll need to have to base installed from a non-Steam version and getting it from Origin will do that.

[quote name='juanjava']Believe it or not, I've never played any counter strike game (besides some minutes of the GO free weekend). Is too late to start now? I see there are about 4 versions on the complete collection. If I go with it, I won't buy Binary Domain on GMG :([/QUOTE]

Initially you will be raped but after a few weeks after getting better you should be able to enjoy the game if you like those type of shooters.

Well I missed the GG glitch for 7.50$ BL2 Season pass, but just got it at GreenMan for $10. Great deal.
Would like Sleeping Dogs, but I missed the GreenManGaming Deal.
[quote name='iamtorsoul']Been wanting Sleeping dogs for a while now. $11.90 plus $4 back isn't too darn bad![/QUOTE]
I'll wait for it to come back around.

What's everyone surprised they haven't seen yet? The staples of past sales that are almost guaranteed to show up soon. For me it's Fallout 3 + New Vegas, Civ Series (hoping to pick up that last DLC for 75% off) and the X Superbox. Less surprised by some of the EA omissions, but I expect them to show up eventually too.

[quote name='Genocidal']What's everyone surprised they haven't seen yet? The staples of past sales that are almost guaranteed to show up soon. For me it's Fallout 3 + New Vegas, Civ Series (hoping to pick up that last DLC for 75% off) and the X Superbox. Less surprised by some of the EA omissions, but I expect them to show up eventually too.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily surprised because I know they'll get to them eventually just surprised at how poorly they do these rotations such that you have the same game being a daily, flash, and vote all within a three day span. Would have thought they would disperse things a bit better.

[quote name='The End']Well it's official. Buying the Indie Royale Christmas bundle part 2 was a waste of money. :([/QUOTE]

Yup, looks like I paid $5 for Puzzle Bots

[quote name='Mooby']Not necessarily surprised because I know they'll get to them eventually just surprised at how poorly they do these rotations such that you have the same game being a daily, flash, and vote all within a three day span. Would have thought they would disperse things a bit better.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's kind of what I meant but I guess I worded it poorly. I'm surprised that you have something like Mark of the Ninja that's a daily and instantly becomes a vote choice after the 48 hour period is over when we haven't seen some of the Steam sale mainstays yet.

[quote name='Genocidal']Yea, that's kind of what I meant but I guess I worded it poorly. I'm surprised that you have something like Mark of the Ninja that's a daily and instantly becomes a vote choice after the 48 hour period is over when we haven't seen some of the Steam sale mainstays yet.[/QUOTE]I'm guessing this is one of Valve's social experiments, to see if the daily voting affects a new sale title, to see if people who missed the daily deal rush out to vote for it. I'm sure all these sales are scheduled well beforehand...

[quote name='chapnis']LA Noire is 3.74 for me instead of $5. I can buy it for someone if they want.[s/QUOTE]

If you can gift it to me via Steam I can give you a few keys like BIT.TRIP.RUNNER , Offspring Fling or the Serious Sam indie games if you like can give feedback too!:)

P.S. weird quote thing messed up today.

I feel the same way now. :whistle2:(

Any thoughts? I picked up the Most Serious Bundle from Amazon a few weeks ago, but I don't believe that pack came with the Deluxe edition of Serious Sam 3. Is it worth upgrading for $1.50? I already have the bonus games, so it's be more for the artwork and soundtrack.

Thoughts?

[quote name='INCyr']Any thoughts? I picked up the Most Serious Bundle from Amazon a few weeks ago, but I don't believe that pack came with the Deluxe edition of Serious Sam 3. Is it worth upgrading for $1.50? I already have the bonus games, so it's be more for the artwork and soundtrack.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, the deluxe version only includes the first two classic games. The Amazon bundle already included the HD versions, so...

Just played Thirty Flights of Loving. Awesome stuff. You can download Gravity Bone, the game that comes before it, for free at their website, here:

http://blendogames.com/

Thirty Flights of Loving takes Gravity Bone a few steps further and is much more interesting.

imo, FTL is a difficult game but that's what makes it addictive - I'm only a couple hours in but having a blast. The game looking so "retro" is a bonus to me as well.

I hate to admit it, but it actually took me 20 hours to beat FTL the first time, on easy.

After that, it's not a breeze, but it's up to maybe 75% success with a couple of the ships on normal.

[quote name='Genocidal']What's everyone surprised they haven't seen yet? The staples of past sales that are almost guaranteed to show up soon. For me it's Fallout 3 + New Vegas, Civ Series (hoping to pick up that last DLC for 75% off) and the X Superbox. Less surprised by some of the EA omissions, but I expect them to show up eventually too.[/QUOTE]

Check Amazon tomorrow -- there's been talk in the Amazon thread that the Civ 5 DLC will be on sale a la carte tomorrow. Not sure about prices, but it's worth looking into.

With my purchase of FTL later, I will have gotten pretty much everything I wanted out of this Steam sale, including the top 5 things on my wishlist, so I'm happy.

I'm gonna pick up a couple Sims 3 expansions later. Is Seasons worth the $20 or should I wait a little while? I like the idea of seasons, but if it's mostly just superficial, then I'll probably pass. Definitely going to get pets and I might get either Generations or Ambitions, so that leads me to my next question, the former or the latter?

Magicka.

Not only that but I am surprised it hasn't been a daily, a vote and two flashes by now.

This must be a record length for that game to go without having been on sale.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm gonna pick up a couple Sims 3 expansions later. Is Seasons worth the $20 or should I wait a little while? I like the idea of seasons, but if it's mostly just superficial, then I'll probably pass. Definitely going to get pets and I might get either Generations or Ambitions, so that leads me to my next question, the former or the latter?[/QUOTE]
Seasons is the most game changing (for the better) expansion for Sims 3. It's the closest thing to a must have that you can get. It adds a TON of new content to the game.

[quote name='Angelwatch']Seasons is the most game changing (for the better) expansion for Sims 3. It's the closest thing to a must have that you can get. It adds a TON of new content to the game.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, now I definitely want it.

So people got (multiple?) 4-packs of BL2 for $11, and try selling them for $15 a piece? Wow, they're not CAG worthy. I would like a copy of BL for a couple of bucks but if they're so intent on making a profit it sounds to me like they should be boycotted. Let them keep their junk untill the prices have dropped and still don't buy them.

Although I'm afraid not many people will have such restraint and will buy them anyway.

[quote name='Angelwatch']Seasons is the most game changing (for the better) expansion for Sims 3. It's the closest thing to a must have that you can get. It adds a TON of new content to the game.[/QUOTE]

I really should get off my ass and play it, since I did buy it and everything recently.

I'm addict so I bought all of if, even the god damned Katie Perry Cupcake Bra Pack, but definitely some of the expansions are better than others.

Between Ambitions and Generations it's kind of a tough call because I like them both but I think I slightly lean toward Ambitions because I like being able to play the careers, instead of just shoving them off in the car to disappear for work.

[quote name='imac2much']Most of you probably already have these games but oh well.

(row, column)
Bioshock: (3,18)
Bioshock 2: (7,12)
[/QUOTE]
I took Bioshock 2, I really appreciate it.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Is the Tom Clancy Echelon Edition Pack a good way to get into the series? The only other things with a good review is Rainbox Six Vegas.[/QUOTE]

If you're looking to play the games in order, that package doesn't have Pandora Tomorrow. If it's your first Splinter Cell, you might try Conviction first (which is included in the pack), as it is more forgiving than the earlier titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back