The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hostyl1']Re: The GTA games, what does "partial controller support" mean? Does the game "play" well with the controller and you just need kbm for menus or is there something more to it?[/QUOTE]

I think a mouse is needed for the Rockstar social whatever thing launcher, the game itself works perfectly fine with a controller.

[quote name='juanjava']WOW!!! I knew about morroblivion, but not Skywind!! Thanks!! Bought!

Some say MW is better than Skyrim too. I don't know, I only played the FIRST TES (yes, Arena), then a bit of Daggerfall... and directly jump to Oblivion. It seems I just jump over the best of the series... :)

I really liked Witcher 1... is just that from time to time I use to jump between games... and maybe I got hooked on one and forgot to return to it

About GTA... I don't know why, but I don't like GTA IV. I love Vice City and San Andreas... I don't care about the graphics... but GTA IV... is a bit boring.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely check out the rest of the elderscroll games. might be hard playing anything in the series after laying eyes on skyrim. but he'll if graphics don't bother you (and it looks that way) spent 200+ hours on morrowind absolutely mesmerized on my one character.

loved gta IV great gameplay paired with some nice memorable characters and some of the best open world fps missions to date. let's just say I confidently bought a PS3 (for gtaV & dust514) after finishing the last of the series.

wow, very surprised to see recommendations going to gta SA. the gang warfare was sooo repetitive, made finishing the game pretty painful. although I did enjoy the variety in environment and the driving was fun

[quote name='hostyl1']Re: The GTA games, what does "partial controller support" mean? Does the game "play" well with the controller and you just need kbm for menus or is there something more to it?[/QUOTE]

It's probably the launcher as said above. I recently played through GTA IV with my controller and had no issues whatsoever.

If all I am interested in is Vice City and Episodes of Liberty City, won't those go on sale again for 75% off? My understanding is the "rareness" of this is the sale on the complete package and not the individual games. I might pick up Vice City just in fear of how it was delisted a while back and get Episodes later.

[quote name='kidrocklive']If all I am interested in is Vice City and Episodes of Liberty City, won't those go on sale again for 75% off? My understanding is the "rareness" of this is the sale on the complete package and not the individual games. I might pick up Vice City just in fear of how it was delisted a while back and get Episodes later.[/QUOTE]

those were the same two i was interested in
but
you can get all the other ones for $5 more

I'm interested in the Sonic Franchise. Which games are missing from this bundle that were included in the last? Also has it ever been cheaper than $30?

[quote name='kidrocklive']If all I am interested in is Vice City and Episodes of Liberty City, won't those go on sale again for 75% off? My understanding is the "rareness" of this is the sale on the complete package and not the individual games. I might pick up Vice City just in fear of how it was delisted a while back and get Episodes later.[/QUOTE]

Essentially yes. There might have been a time when GTAIV went on sale for 75% but the previous GTAs did not, but at this point, you can generally assume that each individual game will match GTAIV's sale percentage.

[quote name='snoopcogg']I'm interested in the Sonic Franchise. Which games are missing from this bundle that were included in the last? Also has it ever been cheaper than $30?[/QUOTE]
It looks like all the Genesis games and Sonic CD are missing from this new bundle, at least. I don't remember if Sonic Adventure DX was in the first bundle (most likely it was), but it's not in this new one, either.

Couldn't resist skyrim dlc a second time around. Still on the fence about chivalry, and I will likely grab Asscreed revelations. :/ At this rate I am going to have to get more steam wallet cards. Was trying to avoid this.

[quote name='tham1988']those were the same two i was interested in
but
you can get all the other ones for $5 more[/QUOTE]

I realize this, but if I have no interest in them at all, what's the point? I could use that $5 to get something I'd actually play.

Got the GTA Franchise, I can't find it on search or from the other GTA games so thanks to the person who found it. I have 7.50 left and probably should have jumped on CS:GO, but I wanted to wait until it hit $5. I don't know why that $2.50 matters to me but it does.

More like WINTER FAIL, am I right? Who's with me? Huh?...

[quote name='Terlan']Couldn't resist skyrim dlc a second time around.[/QUOTE]
I still couldn't pull the trigger at 50% but a generous person bought it for me for Christmas so now I can rock out with my Dawnguard-required desired mods. :applause:

[quote name='Syntax Error']More like WINTER FAIL, am I right? Who's with me? Huh?...[/QUOTE]Me, too, though they've FINALLY put something up that I wanted at the price I wanted: Witcher 2 for $7.49. It's been $12 for the whole sale, but I wanted it cheaper. Bing.

[quote name='Syntax Error']now I can rock out with my Dawnguard-required desired mods. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Only reason I'm considering purchasing it. Still reluctant though as I don't really have an interest in the vampires.

[quote name='voken']That Sonic pack looks slimmer that I remember at the same price. What are you doing Sega![/QUOTE]

[quote name='EliotAndrews']At the very least, the Genesis games, Sonic Adventure DX, and Sonic CD are all absent from this version of the Franchise bundle. With the bundle being the same price as before, this is definitely not a good value. Shoite, SEGA.[/QUOTE]

Well that's some strait up bullshit right there. Does it really count as a franchise pack if half the sonic games available in the store are now missing from the pack?

[quote name='mulderyuffie']i'll get the gta franchise pack....
Now the only thing left i want from this sale is a trine complete 75% discount.[/quote]

yes yes yes

I'm happy for those waiting for the GTA packs. Regarding controller support, back in the day VC & SA supported DirectInput controllers (e.g. RumblePad 2, F310/F510/F710). GTA4 natively supports Xinput (360) controllers just fine (e.g. MS 360, Fx10). I would hope Xinput (360) support has been patched into the old versions, but the SPUF reports seem to be mixed.

[quote name='juanjava']Some say MW is better than Skyrim too. I don't know, I only played the FIRST TES (yes, Arena), then a bit of Daggerfall... and directly jump to Oblivion. It seems I just jump over the best of the series... :)

I really liked Witcher 1... is just that from time to time I use to jump between games... and maybe I got hooked on one and forgot to return to it

About GTA... I don't know why, but I don't like GTA IV. I love Vice City and San Andreas... I don't care about the graphics... but GTA IV... is a bit boring.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've heard the lament on Skyrim not surpassing Morrowind. I started a couple hours of Witcher 1 when I game bouncing; I usually have to be in a mood for a given genre -- when stressed, I like something mindless and engaging, e.g. DMC, driving games, the odd FPS.

GTA: IV I completed the main story line. I felt it was too serious and gritty. My favorite was VC (1980s Miami, hell yeah). I liked SA but didn't quite finish, I like the setting but it wears on me a bit. I've lived in LA & SF and been to Vegas, so it's always fun to see game renditions of those. (SA captured SF better than Driver:SF.) What SA does add apart from setting is nice large map and a greater sense of freedom (e.g. I'd often steal planes and parachute out to get across the map -- for fun).

[quote name='huldrelok']I would definitely check out the rest of the elderscroll games. might be hard playing anything in the series after laying eyes on skyrim. but he'll if graphics don't bother you (and it looks that way) spent 200+ hours on morrowind absolutely mesmerized on my one character.
loved gta IV great gameplay paired with some nice memorable characters and some of the best open world fps missions to date. let's just say I confidently bought a PS3 (for gtaV & dust514) after finishing the last of the series.

wow, very surprised to see recommendations going to gta SA. the gang warfare was sooo repetitive, made finishing the game pretty painful. although I did enjoy the variety in environment and the driving was fun
[/QUOTE]

I just fired up Skyrim for an hour last night for the first time (with the high rez texture pack). It's nice looking, but I don't understand the wow/amazing graphics factor. My first impressions are that despite 8x AA (default, don't recall which algorithm) the characters still look like cutouts placed over backdrops rather than integral parts of the scene (no obvious jaggies though). It's lush and detailed but still not quite right. My initial impression is that Batman AC and Sleeping Dogs (with high rez texture pack) are slightly better.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I have no idea if this is good or not. Was in a list in a .txt file...
Alien vs Predator: NLS26-9CCBM-DJMF8-TWD7S-PINTR
[/QUOTE]

Lurked?

[quote name='Syntax Error']I have no idea if this is good or not. Was in a list in a .txt file...
Alien vs Predator: NLS26-9CCBM-DJMF8-TWD7S-PINTR
[/QUOTE]

I'll never know. It's gone already.

I grabbed some Skyrim DLC and I'm gonna start playing again. Any recommendations on mods? (Any kind is fine, just any cool ones to check out, whether from Nexus or the Steam Workshop). Thanks!

ATTENTION!

Look what I can do!
No I kid, I have useful advice

When you have a free code you feel like giving out ask people to PM you and give it there.

Too many lurkers taking codes and not giving thanks

Plus I wanted to make a rainbow message

FINALLY, THE ROCK HAS-

Wait no, wrong thing.

Finally, GTA Complete Pack went on sale! I've been waiting for it to do so since Vice City was a community choice and somehow lost to BioShock.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']
ATTENTION!

Look what I can do!

When you have a free code you feel like giving out ask people to PM you and give it there.

Plus I wanted to make a rainbow message[/QUOTE]

People posting keys in thread don't want to be hassled with PMs.

hD3346F6D

[quote name='mjontrix']I'm in for that! We could get someone to record the whole thing lol[/QUOTE]

It's a little surprising that there isn't a more organized effort of CAGs playing on Steam together. The tools are there but I guess the will isn't.

[quote name='pROvIs']Also, isn't just me or does Chivalry Medieval Warfare look like a bunch of guys larping.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='p5ych0']Chivalry surprised me at how gruesome the combat can be. Dismembering someone, or beheading someone is common, and damn that gurgling noise is unsettling to me. If larping had that, I might attend one lol[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say the same thing, except I'd rather watch at home.

fuck lurker code-grabbers. I haven't give away nearly as much stuff here as some generous folks, but I'm never going to just drop a code in a post. I'd do the PM first reply thing or stick with Steamgifts.

[quote name='jaysonguy']attention!

look what i can do!
No i kid, i have useful advice

when you have a free code you feel like giving out ask people to pm you and give it there.

plus i wanted to make a rainbow message[/quote]

yhdrm-ftjvh-fangc

[quote name='carl7117']finally a gta sale. by the way why did i get two san andreas files in my library?[/QUOTE]

One is for pc and one is the mac version. Dont ask me why they made it that way.

It would be cool if there was some type of "Game Code Spoiler"; that when clicked, it would allow allow 1 person to view it, and in return, it would state which member got the code first.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']For the gta complete (franchise pack) did it come in individual keys? Or a bundle activation? Thanks! I was asking coz i already have san andreas and dont want to spend $3 more[/QUOTE] followup

Wow, that GTA complete pack looks mighty tasty. I've always loved Vice City. Never played SA (but know damn well that I should) or GTA 3. Have GTA 4 and Episodes for 360, but for 12.50, why the heck not own all of them for PC?

Wow, Giana Sisters takes me back to the classic gaming era of platformers. I never considered myself an uber platformer player, but man I must be rusty as that first boss really gave me a kicking. I finally went on YouTube to get ideas for how to avoid one of his attacks. After watching that, I beat him on my next try though. I was getting concerned that I'd have to leave the game running in the background so I could take a cooldown break! :lol:

I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to what the other worlds are going to have in terms of boss fights :shock:

Skyrim only %50 off. The games been out for over a year and Steam had it for the same price during the summer sales. Bethesda could've at least pulled %66 on the sales by now but unfortunately I'm not picking that up today. Unfortunately Steam hasn't had any jaw dropping sales for me yet this time around and I really hope this isn't a sign to come.

However, the optimist in me appreciates it because it is saving my wallet >_>

[quote name='Jaysonguy']ATTENTION!

Look what I can do!

Plus I wanted to make a rainbow message[/QUOTE]

Part 2 hurry

VRCM4-K7J4Q-8G0ZY

^^^^
I'm sure you've heard this before, but if your dying to play Skyrim, it's totally worth it at any price.
Bethesda is usually pretty stingy with their discounts because they know their games are just that good.

[quote name='blueshinra']It looks like all the Genesis games and Sonic CD are missing from this new bundle, at least. I don't remember if Sonic Adventure DX was in the first bundle (most likely it was), but it's not in this new one, either.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll wait... Really why post a similar bundle with less content for the same price?
I missed out the first time around. Maybe they will make it a daily sale again before its over.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
I'm sure you've heard this before, but if your dying to play Skyrim, it's totally worth it at any price.
Bethesda is usually pretty stingy with their discounts because they know their games are just that good.[/QUOTE]

But is it the developer that gives the discount or the supplier? I was always under the impression it was up to the supplier...

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
Bethesda is usually pretty stingy with their discounts because they know their games are just that good.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I'm not really in too much of a hurry I still got a decent sized backlog to plow through. Though after seeing for $10 in the microsoft store sale and the Toys R' Us clearance bin awhile back and missed out on both of those. I just can't justify $30 and with the cost of the 2 expansions out now I think $25 or $20 would've been a more justifiable pricepoint. I'll just wait out for the inevitable GoTY at this point if I waited out this long.

I have passed on the X Superbox for so many years, but I think this may be the year I finally break down and buy it. No, I can't. Yes.. no. No.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']But is it the developer that gives the discount or the supplier? I was always under the impression it was up to the supplier...[/QUOTE]

I think for digital games, the discount depends on the Publisher/Developer. I know over in the Amazon PCDD thread, Tony is always checking with the Publishers on the pricepoint of games. I'm sure they can lower the price, but they would still have to give the pub/dev the agreed upon share of the profits [I'm guessing they buy keys in bulk, so like $XX per key]

To be honest I'm not really in too much of a hurry I still got a decent sized backlog to plow through. Though after seeing for $10 in the microsoft store sale and the Toys R' Us clearance bin awhile back and missed out on both of those. I just can't justify $30 and with the cost of the 2 expansions out now I think $25 or $20 would've been a more justifiable pricepoint. I'll just wait out for the inevitable GoTY at this point if I waited out this long.
Totally understand. I was one of the lucky few who got a TRU SKyrim copy [my first Bethesda game]; but after playing it I would have no problem paying $30 for it. In fact since then, I have bought: FO:NV, FO3, Oblivion, Morrowind. [all from STEAM, not GG copies]

This steam sale is just pathetic. Why are people buying games off Steam when basically any top 100 game you can think of has been beaten somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back