The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']I was gonna give him a copy as a thank you for him giving me the Borderlands 2 DLC the other day. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Chapnis beat you to it :lol:

[quote name='Motoki']There's been 5 Steamgifts giveaways for Hotline Miami started in the last 10 minutes. ;)[/QUOTE]

First one I saw was giving away 5 copies total. Putting those coupons to use.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Great, now the Amazon thread will be filled with people complaining that they weren't told in advance and that they wasted $2.50. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, technically they did. It's a dangerous thing because if this keeps happening (and it's happened a few times these last two weeks) people will get gunshy about buying anything on Amazon because the price might drop or some coupon might qualify, whatever. I don't think it's an eyeroll situation at all. It's a bad precedent to set.

This isn't "I bought this a month ago, and now it's two dollars less", it's "I bought this yesterday..."

[quote name='Motoki']There's been 5 Steamgifts giveaways for Hotline Miami started in the last 10 minutes. ;)[/QUOTE]

Do you think if I used 6 of my coupons to give the only 6 BGCQ's left that don't own Hotline Miami (out of all 101 members), they'd get revoked for abuse?

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Great, now the Amazon thread will be filled with people complaining that they weren't told in advance and that they wasted $2.50. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I bought it this morning for 2.50. Liked it so much, I bought 3 more this evening. :bouncy:
[quote name='INCyr']Huh. I bought Hotline Miami earlier today. Anyone think there's any chance of me getting my $2.50 back?[/QUOTE]
did you not think it was worth 2.50?
i bought it for 2.50 and I'm completely happy with my purchase.

[quote name='sunasun']I bought it this morning for 2.50. Liked it so much, I bought 3 more this evening. :bouncy:
[/QUOTE]

I actually did the same thing. Well, I bought two yesterday and gave one away and just "bought" two more which I'll likely just give away as well.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Do you think if I used 6 of my coupons to give the only 6 BGCQ's left that don't own Hotline Miami (out of all 101 members), they'd get revoked for abuse?[/QUOTE]
I hope not, I bought 3 more after buying it this morning for 2.49 which was my pricepoint for this since my wife also showed an interest in it.
Oh good god this was not a new thought at all, gonna go sober up a little,, smoked a little too much.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Do you think if I used 6 of my coupons to give the only 6 BGCQ's left that don't own Hotline Miami (out of all 101 members), they'd get revoked for abuse?[/QUOTE]

Seriously only 6 people don't own it?

[quote name='Broken Cage']Well, technically they did. It's a dangerous thing because if this keeps happening (and it's happened a few times these last two weeks) people will get gunshy about buying anything on Amazon because the price might drop or some coupon might qualify, whatever. I don't think it's an eyeroll situation at all. It's a bad precedent to set.

This isn't "I bought this a month ago, and now it's two dollars less", it's "I bought this yesterday..."[/QUOTE]
I suppose it's a matter of individual taste and degrees. I've saved so much on stuff over the competition at Amazon that I can't get flustered that my $10 game was $2.49 and not free. I grabbed two free copies as gifts and will be glad to give them away (especially since not much on the EC choice is something I want and don't own). Amazon is no GamersGate when it comes to pricing errors and I don't mind giving them the benefit of the doubt on the occasional price drop like this.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is $3.75, steam redeemable, and $4.04 cheaper than Steam's sale price [on Amazon].

:bouncy: :whee: :rofl:

I don't think Amazon can complain about multiple keys because their system is setup to allow for that.

I doubt it. Someone on the amazon thread already bragged about snagging 8 copies, and since you can't exactly "flip" these (in the same way you could with physical goods), I don't think it would be flagged as suspicious behavior :)

[quote name='tunamix']Anyone have an extra copy? I used my $5 coupon earlier today on the crazy action pack. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sent a PM :)

[quote name='sch0oldaze']can anyone comment on payday: the heist the videos look good but just don't know if it's worth it[/QUOTE]
see here for my thoughts earlier in the thread

In payday you can play with bots, or if you choose, you can play without any bots which is quite handy on the diamond heist level where you can try for stealth.

[quote name='xanchui']Amazon PM'd Hotline Miami, making it freeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/QUOTE]
YAY, immediately bought! I was hoping upon hope it would come back as a daily deal and was crushed when it was a flash deal instead. Perhaps they matched it BECAUSE it was a past daily deal?

Got 1 coupon more left, hoping to combine it with a 50% off walking dead or maybe if there is a crazy deal somewhere they match on farming simulator.

[quote name='jshackles']Thanks for the heads up ya'll on Hotline Miami. I was starting to wonder if I'd use ANY of my $5 credits..[/QUOTE]
Do you own Dark Souls for a console? If not, I would highly recommend that as most of the games graphical hiccups have been ironed out by community addons. I was going to recommend spec ops the line, but I see you already have it.

Subs I like as you never know when a character is going to be difficult to understand, or the music/game noises are going to play too loud over dialogue. It annoys me quite a bit when a television show is constantly playing loud background music over dialogue, it's one of the few things which annoyed me about Chuck, there's ALWAYS music playing.

Ha ha, I had my first ever "WHAT? I already own that?" moment over the strength of recommendations I was going to buy The Longest Journey, was bummed that I missed the flash sale, then realized I already owned it when I looked it up to add it to my wishlist :lol:

[quote name='Syntax Error']I suppose it's a matter of individual taste and degrees. I've saved so much on stuff over the competition at Amazon that I can't get flustered that my $10 game was $2.49 and not free. I grabbed two free copies as gifts and will be glad to give them away (especially since not much on the EC choice is something I want and don't own). Amazon is no GamersGate when it comes to pricing errors and I don't mind giving them the benefit of the doubt on the occasional price drop like this.[/QUOTE]

They're going to be adding games to the Editor's Choice throughout the month. I didn't know that either, that's why I have 4 copies of Bioshock, 2 copies of DNF, and some other extras.

Well, it doesn't bother me specifically. My copies were free even at $2.50 because of gift cards. I'm just saying that I understand why people would complain about it, especially people who frequent a site about frugal gaming. It could also backfire on Tony if people start holding out on his deals because they might change the next day. It sucks to feel like you've wasted money, even if it is chump change.

[quote name='Motoki']The needle on the complain-o-meter in the Amazon thread is starting approach the red zone.[/QUOTE]

Especially when there was like a 92% chance of it being free at some point this month. I'm surprised it came off a flash deal, but it was pretty inevitable it'd end up free.

[quote name='SuiCide_KiNg_213']I got a couple copies HM ready for trade. Let me know what you got. STEAM![/QUOTE]

A DOTA2 key. Because that's about all a free game is worth, another free game.

(I don't actually have an extra DOTA2 key)

[quote name='Motoki']The needle on the complain-o-meter in the Amazon thread is starting approach the red zone.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Tony cut back his visiting hours with us last night? How much worse could it get?

The Amazon thread is freaking horrible nowadays. I use to read it and keep up with it up until like a week ago, it has just gotten too freaking horrible.

[quote name='Motoki']A DOTA2 key. Because that's about all a free game is worth, another free game.

(I don't actually have an extra DOTA2 key)[/QUOTE]
Not free when purchased to get the coupon in the first place!:shame::lol:

[quote name='SeymourGams']Didn't Tony cut back his visiting hours with us last night? How much worse could it get?[/QUOTE]
Yes, he's cut back the time he can be berated

It's nuts in there, buyer fuck beware, not buyer kinda beware buyer gets a full refund and gratuity.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Yes, he's cut back the time he can be berated

It's nuts in there, buyer fuck beware, not buyer kinda beware buyer gets a full refund and gratuity.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame him; I literally spent my entire free time at work last night reading that thread, trying to sift through the butthurt for some actual deals. I know I was a lurker for a long time, but it's amazing how people with only a month or two of being here get so entitled so quickly.

The guy has offered to have lunch with us in the past and now he's found Redditt to be less crazy... how far we've fallen.

Ugh...knew I should of waited to use my $5 credit for Amazon. Totally would of loved to get Hotline Miami for nothing. Live and learn. :whistle2:(

Still learning the ins and outs of CAG'ing for the PC.

[quote name='Tsel']H:
Hotline Miami $10 - 15 copies

$5 discount for each additional game[/QUOTE]

This means you'll pay us after 2 copies? :p

[quote name='SeymourGams']I don't blame him; I literally spent my entire free time at work last night reading that thread, trying to sift through the butthurt for some actual deals. I know I was a lurker for a long time, but it's amazing how people with only a month or two of being here get so entitled so quickly.

The guy has offered to have lunch with us in the past and now he's found Redditt to be less crazy... how far we've fallen.[/QUOTE]
Offer someone your hand enough times, and eventually they will want your whole arm.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Get ready...Amazon thread ready to 'splode! Hotline Miami keys are GONE! :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Will sell Hotline: Miami keys for Five Skyrams each!!

[quote name='guardian_owl']Offer someone your hand enough times, and eventually they will want your whole arm.[/QUOTE]
That's why you want to start small by just giving them the finger.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Get ready...Amazon thread ready to 'splode! Hotline Miami keys are GONE! :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

You doubted this?

*grabs some popcorn*

[quote name='oman19']Ugh...knew I should of waited to use my $5 credit for Amazon. Totally would of loved to get Hotline Miami for nothing. Live and learn. :whistle2:(

Still learning the ins and outs of CAG'ing for the PC.[/QUOTE]

The way I ended up with so many Amazon credits is whenever they price matched something on Steam, I just bought it there, damn near every digital purchase came with a $5 credit. I ended up with 14 total, and I wasn't putting much effort into it, because 90% of the games on the Editor's Choice List, I already had. But I did it just in case, and just sent 6 copies of HotLine Miami to friends who were offline and possibly missed this freebie (even if the price match last for as long as Steam has it up, they could still miss the deal). Always look out for the extra stuff, even when you don't think you'll use it.

[quote name='SeymourGams']
The guy has offered to have lunch with us in the past and now he's found Redditt to be less crazy... how far we've fallen.[/QUOTE]

Since he started to post on r/GameDeals I've unsubed from that thread.

Hotline Miami, confirmed for next HiB :)

Game is absolutely a blast, everyone should pick it up if they happen to restock. With or without a coupon it is still a great deal. One of my favorite titles of the year.

[quote name='pantsattack']This Brawny Gent would appreciate one.[/QUOTE]

Uh-Oh, I just realized that not all the BGCQ's have friend listed me. Damn, there's no real way to see who has it and not en-mass is there? Being my friend comes with benefits............wait, I didn't mean, oh fuck.

[quote name='walkonshadows']K, all BGCQ's now have it, 2 already confirmed, the rest were offline, so I sent via CAG PM.[/QUOTE]

Lots of thanks from this BGCQ!

[quote name='Motoki']You doubted this?

*grabs some popcorn*[/QUOTE]

I didn't get popcorn... how much did you pay for that popcorn? It better not have been free! :boxing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back