The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xanchui']Especially when there was like a 92% chance of it being free at some point this month. I'm surprised it came off a flash deal, but it was pretty inevitable it'd end up free.[/QUOTE]

Well, Tony did say he wasn't matching flash deals, so I can understand the frustration.

That being said, the Amazon thread is a smoking hole. I'd much rather hang out here.

Edit: heh. Guess I'm not getting one.

This thread is far less chaotic than the Amazon thread (and definitely less chaotic than reddit) - Tony should just stake out here instead xD

[quote name='Neuro5i5']No soup for you! :booty:

...incoming.[/QUOTE]

Whooo HOOOO....ty sooooooooooo much. Was bummed I missed out. Love my fellow CAG's!!!!

[quote name='KaOTiK']The Amazon thread is freaking horrible nowadays. I use to read it and keep up with it up until like a week ago, it has just gotten too freaking horrible.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Since Might & Magic games are on sale, I must say this to people who now associate the series with strategy/rpg and don't care for the genre...

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is an action/rpg that's a little goofy but tons of fun. Don't miss it.

Clash of Heroes adds a bit of a puzzle element to the genre. It's good fun and it might be of interest if you prefer a lighter game.

Also, I'm seriously considering voting for DiRT Showdown on the off chance they drop the price on DiRT 3 along with it.

[quote name='mjontrix']This thread is far less chaotic than the Amazon thread (and definitely less chaotic than reddit) - Tony should just stake out here instead xD[/QUOTE]

Let's not ruin yet another perfectly good thread....

[quote name='SeymourGams']Class-action lawsuits are being threatened. Not sure if it is funnier if they were making a joke or being dead serious.[/QUOTE]

O god, I hope they're joking. But when it comes to pissed off gamers, you never know....

[quote name='hal']Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is an action/rpg that's a little goofy but tons of fun. Don't miss it.[/QUOTE]

I bought Dark Messiah just because it was the same studio as Dishonored. I'll probably be disappointed, but hey, gotta give it a go. It could be one of those games that critics ignore but I enjoy. (cough x-men destiny cough)

Is it even possible to sue over not getting something for free?

If that were the case let's sue because all of the games on Steam are not free. What? I have to pay for them! The outrage!

[quote name='lydon']Yeah, I totally agree. I'm really hoping for the 75% Freedom Force but it's not looking too good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm still waiting for this too. Oh well, let's just wait and keep our money till it hits. Eventually, it'll be free to play/abandonware probably.

[quote name='Motoki']Is it even possible to sue over not getting something for free?

If that were the case let's sue because all of the games on Steam are not free. What? I have to pay for them! The outrage![/QUOTE]

I'm talking to my lawyer as we speak. Steam will regret the day they fucked with me.

[quote name='SeymourGams']Class-action lawsuits are being threatened. Not sure if it is funnier if they were making a joke or being dead serious.[/QUOTE]
It's a joke. The poster has been in the GamersGate thread where you have people citing European or Australian protection laws and how they're going to sue for their Bethesda packs, etc.

I have Dark Messiah Might and Magic that I got for free way back when, but I can't actually remember how or why I got it for free.

[quote name='Motoki']Is it even possible to sue over not getting something for free?

If that were the case let's sue because all of the games on Steam are not free. What? I have to pay for them! The outrage![/QUOTE]

If you can win a lawsuit over the ignorance of hot coffee being hot and being burned by spilling said hot coffee on yourself...I'd say anything is possible.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It's a joke. The poster has been in the GamersGate thread where you have people citing European or Australian protection laws and how they're going to sue for their Bethesda packs, etc.[/QUOTE]

And that Gamersgate caused them not to have sex with their girlfriend. Don't forget about that one.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']O god, I hope they're joking. But when it comes to pissed off gamers, you never know....[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they were joking. But eh, I tend to read everything on the Internet with my sarcasm goggles on.

I just find the whole thing kind of hilarious. That thread has provided me with more entertainment than almost any ridiculous reality tv show I've ever seen (except wipeout, that shit's hilarious).

[quote name='Tsel']I have Dark Messiah Might and Magic that I got for free way back when, but I can't actually remember how or why I got it for free.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember the name but it was some promotion to get the multiplayer for free(no singleplayer included). Then a bit of time down the line the singleplayer just appeared in our Steam libraries. I say our because I took part in that as well.

EDIT: It was this
This deal is long dead

[quote name='SeymourGams']I don't blame him; I literally spent my entire free time at work last night reading that thread, trying to sift through the butthurt for some actual deals. I know I was a lurker for a long time, but it's amazing how people with only a month or two of being here get so entitled so quickly.

The guy has offered to have lunch with us in the past and now he's found Redditt to be less crazy... how far we've fallen.[/QUOTE]
I love Tony, he's a great guy that does a great job

I don't like when people take advantage of him (read Amazon thread bitching)

"just thought the gluttony some showed [here and on the STEAM forums] was low."

above is quoted from the amazon thread :)

We're all glutenous heathens in this thread and they're being classy by not gaming the system by missing out.....couldn't be we look out for each other in this thread.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^
I said that :)[/QUOTE]

lol figured you were thread hopping. Just didn't think we were being greedy over here. I was given a key already by someone who grabbed a few.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I can't remember the name but it was some promotion to get the multiplayer for free(no singleplayer included). Then a bit of time down the line the singleplayer just appeared in our Steam libraries. I say our because I took part in that as well.

EDIT: It was this
This deal is long dead[/QUOTE]

Aha! Now that you mention it, I do remember it just being the multiplayer.

Steering away from all the Amazon talk...

I barely got into PC gaming lately and am just now trying to be more active in this thread. Do you guys frequently have CAG game nights?

[quote name='dobedobedo']Steering away from all the Amazon talk...

I barely got into PC gaming lately and am just now trying to be more active in this thread. Do you guys frequently have CAG game nights?[/QUOTE]

Fairly new to PC gaming myself...would love to know the answer to this as well.

I barely got into PC gaming lately and am just now trying to be more active in this thread. Do you guys frequently have CAG game nights?[/QUOTE]

If not there should be!:applause:

[quote name='Syntax Error']It's a joke. The poster has been in the GamersGate thread where you have people citing European or Australian protection laws and how they're going to sue for their Bethesda packs, etc.[/QUOTE]

Because most lawyers will take amazon coupons as payment.

You mean like a Google Hangout where people screencast Mission Runway?

[quote name='louiedog']You mean like a Google Hangout where people screencast Mission Runway?[/QUOTE]

I would totally be down for this.

It's really easy to set up an event or even a new group on Steam to organize game nights and such. Someone's just gotta take the initiative. The Goozex community would do game nights on Steam every few weeks and get good turn out for games like TF2, HL Deathmatch, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead. There was incentive for that, though (free trade tokens).

[quote name='supershammy']Indigo Prophecy has one of the best opening sequences in any game I've ever played. The moment they put control in your hands you think "Wait - Ohfuckohfuckohfuck"[/QUOTE]

Completely agreed. Which is why it's such a damned shame the game devolved into a ridiculous mess of QTE and insipid science fiction.

[quote name='stupidproz1']I honestly havn't seen any truly organized game days on here (could be wrong)[/QUOTE]

Someone was trying to organize a Borderlands one (the first one, not BL2)- as I said I'm fine for that (although I'm pretty crap, but it would be fun!)

There is a CAG steam group - now someone just needs to organize it all!

[quote name='dfg']
Completely agreed. Which is why it's such a damned shame the game devolved into a ridiculous mess of QTE and insipid science fiction.[/QUOTE]

The QTE's were perfectly fine for this game (except for that one bit near the end) - and I didn't mind the science fiction. I tend to let the game guide me in Adventure games, I follow it's flow and suspend my own thoughts. It's when the flow is broken that I lose it!

Also it has the distinction of being one of the few games that I've actually finished - so that must count for something right :D

[quote name='louiedog']You mean like a Google Hangout where people screencast Mission Runway?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']I would totally be down for this.[/QUOTE]

+1

Also, speaking of games in the $5 Family Gaming Pack, Big Spoony Bard just pointed out the absolutely top notch visuals of Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader.

0000003659.600x338.jpg

[quote name='Motoki']+1

Also, speaking of games in the $5 Family Gaming Pack, Big Spoony Bard just pointed out the absolutely top notch visuals of Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader.

0000003659.600x338.jpg
[/QUOTE]

"Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader Made of Sadness and Melting Wax" was too long of a title I guess.

[quote name='Motoki']+1

0000003659.600x338.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Oh wow you can almost see the tears and hear the cries for help.

Take them already own them all on steam. GO GO GO
98164466847537310_CErodvcJ_b.jpg

Cave Story+
80QH3-Q4LAL-84WNN

The Basement Collection
IKWR3-2HWBQ-JVQ8E

Offspring Fling
EETGR-P6H34-K3C6I

[quote name='kiwimonster']Offspring Fling[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I love platformers.

Edit: Arma II has been cheaper, but since DayZ has become popular I think 40% is the lowest it's been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back