The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hal']Two questions:

1. What will be the post-sale Valve troll daily this time around?
Fallout Franchise Sale
2. What are you picking up once the last Flash Sale is posted?

Mine:
- maybe iBomber Defense Pacific (simple TD game from iOS but the first one was pretty fun)[/QUOTE]

1. Hah I agree about Fallout
2. Recettear, still crossing my fingers on a flash sale.

Missed the Sleeping Dogs flash sale and got excited when i saw todays deal until i actually read the price....really hope it will become another flash by the end of this :(

[quote name='hal']2. What are you picking up once the last Flash Sale is posted?
[/QUOTE]

Mine will probably be Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway for $7.00. Complain as I do, I did pick up Far Cry 2 for $2.50, which was a game I'd been waiting for.

I missed the Dead Space bundle sale, so that's really on me. As for Fallout, since I'm waiting for it, it won't be on sale til summer.

[quote name='AutoXman']2. Recettear, still crossing my fingers on a flash sale.[/QUOTE]

Recettear was already in a flash sale last week

I knew a sale on Lego games was a long shot, but I've been wanting to pick up Lego Indiana Jones 2 for a while now (missed it on it's last daily deal), so I'll probably pick that up.

I'm a little torn on Sacred 2. It's a great game, but somehow I see "IndieGala" written all over it. Probably because they had that Sacred pack recently.

The daily deal for Sleeping Dogs was the same price as the flash sale earlier in the week correct? I missed the flash and i've been anxiously checking each day for it to be back on sale. So stoked that it it happened before the actual end of this!

I'm thinking of picking up Sleeping Dogs since I doubt it will go on sale for more between now and the summer sale and I got money in my steam wallet to spend...

[quote name='hal']What are you picking up once the last Flash Sale is posted?[/QUOTE]
Star Wars Battlefront 2

What Sleeping Dogs DLC do you recommend?

[quote name='dbolt']Recettear was already in a flash sale last week[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? How the fuck did I miss it? I've been here every day.

[quote name='jefexp']The daily deal for Sleeping Dogs was the same price as the flash sale earlier in the week correct? I missed the flash and i've been anxiously checking each day for it to be back on sale. So stoked that it it happened before the actual end of this![/QUOTE]

Probably, it's been sitting at 16-17 dollars on Amazon, too. That seems to be the agreed upon sale price for the game currently.

Had $100 gifted to me in my steam account and I only spent $2.50 on Payday DLC. Pretty disappointed in the sales. I always spend way more every sale with just my own cash.

I REALLY wish they did another coal type deal like last year. That was fun!

[quote name='bob101910']Ended up with about $50 worth of games. Have $13 left to spend. Thinking Torchlight 2 if it wins flash sale.[/QUOTE]

I can't recommend torchlight 2 enough. I spent hours playing it last night when I should have gone to bed. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on that deal.

[quote name='krevee']I'm thinking of picking up Sleeping Dogs since I doubt it will go on sale for more between now and the summer sale and I got money in my steam wallet to spend...[/QUOTE]

It's a great game. I'd easily recommend it. CAG Duty: it's been cheaper on GMG. (I paid $13.60 in Nov, it was much cheaper recently). I still think it's well worth it at the current price.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Are you serious? How the fuck did I miss it? I've been here every day.[/QUOTE]

iirc it was in the "overnight" flash slot on the 29th.

I am guessing there is a possibility of one more round of daily deals as the timer showed 48 hours for today's deals. Guess time will tell based on how long the flash deal timers are tonight.

There's no more dailies. The entire rest of the non-daily sales end in less than 24 hours. Starting another round of dailies would make no sense.

[quote name='Daykain']I am guessing there is a possibility of one more round of daily deals as the timer showed 48 hours for today's deals. Guess time will tell based on how long the flash deal timers are tonight.[/QUOTE]

Uh, the daily deal timer for both today's and yesterday's deals is 24 hours. Sale ends tomorrow, period.

[quote name='hal']Two questions:

1. What will be the post-sale Valve troll daily this time around?
Fallout Franchise Sale
2. What are you picking up once the last Flash Sale is posted?

[/QUOTE]

1. Alan Wake
2. Something alcoholic.

[quote name='Daykain']I am guessing there is a possibility of one more round of daily deals as the timer showed 48 hours for today's deals. Guess time will tell based on how long the flash deal timers are tonight.[/QUOTE]

Not TOO likely, since most of the things for sale say "Winter sale! 23:00:00 remaining" or whatever. I think they'll keep the daily deals from today up tomorrow, but everything else will not be on sale and if we do see a new daily deal, it'll probably just be one game like usual
probably Fallout Franchise

[quote name='Broken Cage']Are you serious? How the fuck did I miss it? I've been here every day.[/QUOTE]

Because it was Fortune Summoners that was the flash, but all their games got the 75% off.

[quote name='Tsel']Uh, the daily deal timer for both today's and yesterday's deals is 24 hours. Sale ends tomorrow, period.[/QUOTE]

Today's deals show as 48 hours for me.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Because it was Fortune Summoners that was the flash, but all their games got the 75% off.[/QUOTE]

That's really disappointing. Oh well, there will be other sales.

Thanks to you and Ashes for the info.

[quote name='Cantatus']Today's deals show as 48 hours for me.[/QUOTE]

It's bouncing back and forth between @24 and @48. GabeN must be sitting on the alt key or something.

[quote name='Tsel']Uh, the daily deal timer for both today's and yesterday's deals is 24 hours. Sale ends tomorrow, period.[/QUOTE]

Ok I was using Chrome to check the daily deal timers and it shows 48 hours on my tablet and computer but IE and Steam client show 24 hours. Weird...

Edit: Now it shows 48 hours in the Steam client ike Neuro5i5 said.

[quote name='Daykain']Ok I was using Chrome to check the daily deal timers and it shows 48 hours on my tablet and computer but IE and Steam client show 24 hours. Weird...[/QUOTE]
My client, Chrome, and IE all say 47:10:XX hours for the latest dailies.

[quote name='fignutz32']Was Alice already a flash?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Alice Madness Returns was a flash a few days ago. Haven't seen it as a daily or a community since then.

When the Dailies end hardly matter. In summer the last dailies were also on sale an extra day. What matters is when the non-dailies end. All 2000 of them end in 23 hours. They're not going to launch a new set dailies at the same time they nuke 2000 other sales.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Yep. Alice Madness Returns was a flash a few days ago. Haven't seen it as a daily or a community since then.[/QUOTE]

Tony from Amazon said that the complete edition will be added to the editor's choice at some point this month, if you have Amazon credits. It will be Origin, not Steam, tho.

Why did we decide today was the end exactly? I know there was a logical argument for it, but now I'm thinking tomorrow is the last daily deal.

The banner says "Dec. 20 - Jan. 5th, new sales each day." to me that implies there will be a new sale on January 5th, which at 48 hours would let it run out monday at 1pm, and reset back to the normal sales.

Edit: I don't deny that I might just be hoping this is the case and manifesting it in my own head.

I have the retail version of MP3 which doesn't activate on steam and really want to buy the flash sale and season pass on Steam instead. I installed the retail version already though. I don't know how their DRM works, but couldn't I just un-install it and give it to my friend instead?

I've been with steam for so long I forgot how it used to work with discs. :D

[quote name='Broken Cage']Why did we decide today was the end exactly? I know there was a logical argument for it, but now I'm thinking tomorrow is the last daily deal.

The banner says "Dec. 20 - Jan. 5th, new sales each day." to me that implies there will be a new sale on January 5th, which at 48 hours would let it run out monday at 1pm, and reset back to the normal sales.

Edit: I don't deny that I might just be hoping this is the case and manifesting it in my own head.[/QUOTE]

Because the other 2000 non-daily sales going on are all ending in 23 hours.

[quote name='Corpekata']Because the other 2000 non-daily sales going on are all ending in 23 hours.[/QUOTE]

Well that would make for a very logical argument.

I wish I didn't miss out on RE5. Also I can't believe the Fallout series hasn't been even been a flash deal or a community vote.

Hadn't thought of Brothers in Arms in a while, I played the xbox 360 one and really liked it. Thats the kind of thing that should have appeared somewhere in here.. would have bought some at 75%.

Well, maybe Dead Space will show up on one of the last flash sales. 2 more? As far as repeats go I'd like another chance at FTL. Or I might buy the missing link for Deus Ex now that nothing else has shown up, but thats been up what, 3 times?

Is anyone having problems with their cart? I can't seem to add more than one thing at a time without it emptying what I had in their previously.

[quote name='Terlan']Gonna debate on grabbing Sengoku since it never seems to drop below the current price. Will probably wait to see the last new set of flash sales holding onto hope that I might get lucky with something good popping up.[/QUOTE]

It's a good game, although not as good as CK2. It's been as cheap as $4.50 on GamersGate before, but that version doesn't register on Steam. I believe that $7.99 is the cheapest that the Steam copy has ever been. Probably worth waiting the extra day to see if there's a last-minute sale on it, but I doubt that there will be.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Tony from Amazon said that the complete edition will be added to the editor's choice at some point this month, if you have Amazon credits. It will be Origin, not Steam, tho.[/QUOTE]

Not much to the "complete edition" though. The only DLC to ever come out for the game was a costume/weapon pack that cost like $2.

From a press release:

January 4, 2013 - Gamers will have a final opportunity to get their favorite games on Steam. A select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale will reprise their biggest discounts for two additional days. The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5th (Saturday) and runs until 10am PST on January 7th (Monday).

It's 80 percent off. If a game is 75 percent off and over a decade old, you can generally just view it as a two week long daily deal.

[quote name='KaOTiK']For anyone looking for Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition it is 75% off at gamersgate today.[/QUOTE]

Just the regular version is 75% off. The Ultimate Edition looks like only 20% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back