The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Captain Urahara']Not much to the "complete edition" though. The only DLC to ever come out for the game was a costume/weapon pack that cost like $2.[/QUOTE]

The complete edition comes with the first game as well.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']From a press release:

January 4, 2013 - Gamers will have a final opportunity to get their favorite games on Steam. A select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale will reprise their biggest discounts for two additional days. The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5th (Saturday) and runs until 10am PST on January 7th (Monday).[/QUOTE]

So essentially they'll be rerunning the same sales they've been running over and over during the last two weeks?

I guess that's good if you missed the one-off flash deals.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Not much to the "complete edition" though. The only DLC to ever come out for the game was a costume/weapon pack that cost like $2.[/QUOTE]

And the original American McGee's Alice.

January 4, 2013 - Gamers will have a final opportunity to get their favorite games on Steam. A select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale will reprise their biggest discounts for two additional days. The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5th (Saturday) and runs until 10am PST on January 7th (Monday).[/QUOTE]

So that means a weekend of repeats, huh? Maybe I'll get another crack at the Dead Space bundle. I'm assuming Recettear won't be a "most sought-after title".

Having just met and heard Chris Huelsbeck talk about the music for Giana Sisters (and his career in general) throwing the game my vote (despite already owning it) because he's awesome and more people should be aware that he's awesome. Told me he hopes that one day Turrican can get rebooted in much the same way Giana Sisters has and that would be pretty sweet. So yeah, a vote for Giana Sisters could maybe also be a vote for Turrican in a certain round about stretchy sort of way.

Was I the only person to be a bit dissapointed with the Crysis sale? When I saw Crysis Franchise -75% $9.99 I thought "oh yeah, Ill bite at $10 for the series" only to find out that's just for crysis 2.

That explains the 48 hour timer for today's deals then so hopes of new deals are dashed. Thanks for that information!

[quote name='Emuaust']Was I the only person to be a bit dissapointed with the Crysis sale? When I saw Crysis Franchise -75% $9.99 I thought "oh yeah, Ill bite at $10 for the series" only to find out that's just for crysis 2.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. What a joke.

[quote name='jshackles']Just the regular version is 75% off. The Ultimate Edition looks like only 20% off.[/QUOTE]

balls, I swore it was the UE. Gamersgate is screwing with me I say!

Total tally:

Sine Mora
Far Cry 3
L.A. Noire
FTL
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Castle Crashers
Hotline Miami
Scribblenauts Unlimited
CS: GO
Rage
Dishonored

sale was a bit underwhelming, since I got half of the games outside of Steam, but satisfied.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']This thread is legit. It has Bad Rats and Vegas Make It Big as gems :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, thanks for the link. I picked up Silverfall Gold and Ignite and added Defender's Quest to wishlist in case it drops to 75% off.

Still on the fence about Runespell Overture and Elven Legacy pack.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']Translation - they missed their sales projections.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so. My theory is this sale was an experiment to gather data hoping it would work. Hopefully the sales were lower and the experiment is considered a failure so they go back to better sales.

I just updated Enhanced Steam to version 1.1, which adds the long-worked-on options page to the extension, where you can set which colors you want for highlighting games, as well as enabling / disabling the "Total spent" tally on your account page.

rXtVj.png

The settings use the Google Chrome Storage Sync API, so if you have multiple browsers signed in at multiple locations, your preferences should sync to all of your clients.

Now to add more features! :)

[quote name='jshackles']I just updated Enhanced Steam to version 1.1Now to add more features! :)[/QUOTE]

I just tried installing this for the first time and after clicking the "add to chrome." (and clicking okay) The yellow warning banner says "Manifest File is Invalid" [okay].

Edit: worked on the 4th try. Maybe I tried installing before the files propagated fully.

Edit2: Looking good =)

[quote name='asheskitty']I just tried installing this for the first time and after clicking the "add to chrome." (and clicking okay) The yellow warning banner says "Manifest File is Invalid" [okay].

Edit: worked on the 4th try. Maybe I tried installing before the files propagated fully.[/QUOTE]

Okay good to know it's working now. Chrome can sometimes be a little wonky with it's webstore, sometimes just shutting the browser down completely and opening it back up works. :D

[quote name='asheskitty']It's a great game. I'd easily recommend it. CAG Duty: it's been cheaper on GMG. (I paid $13.60 in Nov, it was much cheaper recently). I still think it's well worth it at the current price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I would rather pay a few bucks more and use my steam credit then wait and use gmg or another site to get 3 dollars of and have to pay cash.

[quote name='jshackles']I just updated Enhanced Steam to version 1.1, which adds the long-worked-on options page to the extension, where you can set which colors you want for highlighting games, as well as enabling / disabling the "Total spent" tally on your account page.

rXtVj.png

The settings use the Google Chrome Storage Sync API, so if you have multiple browsers signed in at multiple locations, your preferences should sync to all of your clients.

Now to add more features! :)[/QUOTE]

Schweet!

[quote name='jshackles']I just updated Enhanced Steam to version 1.1, which adds the long-worked-on options page to the extension, where you can set which colors you want for highlighting games, as well as enabling / disabling the "Total spent" tally on your account page.
rXtVj.png

Now to add an updated version of the Greasemonkey script* =[

Nah, just kidding. Damn those limitations. =/

I'll never switch over to Chrome, though. I can't stand it.

[quote name='Severose']Now to add an updated version of the Greasemonkey script* =[

Nah, just kidding. Damn those limitations. =/

I'll never switch over to Chrome, though. I can't stand it.[/QUOTE]

Where's Motoki at with his DO IT!!!!! video???

[quote name='derintrel']Well here's the big news.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/

Encore weekend[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke? So stuff that's been on sale 3-4 times already will be up for a 5th time? If anything this sale needed less 'encores' and repeats and a wider coverage of titles as far as feature deals go.

Looks great! For us non-Chrome users, do you have the link to the last version of the Greasemonkey script that you built? I'd like to try it on Opera (which has support for some user scripts built-in) and see if it works.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']Looks great! For us non-Chrome users, do you have the link to the last version of the Greasemonkey script that you built? I'd like to try it on Opera (which has support for some user scripts built-in) and see if it works.[/QUOTE]

I believe this is the "latest" version of the script for Greasemonkey:

http://pastebin.com/6RQsAnyX

[quote name='Mooby']Is this a joke? So stuff that's been on sale 3-4 times already will be up for a 5th time? If anything this sale needed less 'encores' and repeats and a wider coverage of titles as far as feature deals go.[/QUOTE]

Note that this does not extend the seasonal sale price cuts on all the less loved games. Only have till 10AM PST tomorrow for those.

[quote name='asheskitty']Note that this does not extend the seasonal sale price cuts on all the less loved games. Only have till 10AM PST tomorrow for those.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found that bit particularly hilarious.

[quote name='The End']The Fallout games had better show up today. I've told several people over the past few days not to worry about it, that they're guaranteed to show up before the sale ends. I would hate to have misinformed them. It certainly seemed very likely.[/QUOTE]

You liar. I'll never forgive you. *sob*

[quote name='Motoki']
Eryi's is like:

Oh you're going to jump there? Whoops we forgot to tell you hidden spikes pop up from the ground there. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I've only played a little Eyri, but I quickly found that viewing it as a puzzler instead of a platformer was essential.

[quote name='hal']Two questions:

1. What will be the post-sale Valve troll daily this time around?
Fallout Franchise Sale
2. What are you picking up once the last Flash Sale is posted?

Mine:
- maybe iBomber Defense Pacific (simple TD game from iOS but the first one was pretty fun)[/QUOTE]

1) Sam & Max! (maybe not...)

2) I'm concerned that since Disney bought Lucas, some of their properties might disappear off Steam soon. So I'l be picking up the LucasArts Adventure Pack, and possibly Lucidity or Star Wars: Empires at War Gold.

I was thinking about the Daedalic Bundle, but with all the Amazon sales recently (and Walking Dead next week) I think I've spent more than enough on videogames this holiday season.

[quote name='carl7117']by the way do people still play the left 4 dead games? no fun in playing by myself. and is there matchmaking or is it friends only?[/QUOTE]

There is still quite a large community. And yes it has matchmaking and you can play solo with AI or with friends if you like as well. It is quite fun. Hope this helps. Also according to steam stats roughly 15,000+ are playing L4D2 currently and 1,500+ playing the original right now. Enjoy!

[quote name='monkeyz']There is still quite a large community. And yes it has matchmaking and you can play solo with AI or with friends if you like as well. It is quite fun. Hope this helps. Also according to steam stats roughly 15,000+ are playing L4D2 currently and 1,500+ playing the original right now. Enjoy![/QUOTE]
thanks

At this point I have nothing else to buy.

OFC i want released like xcom or dishonored, but they will be too expensive even at (if they go) 75%.

Newer titles I will have to wait till next summer sale :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back