The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoite, how did Sleeping Dogs go from $14.99 to $4.49? If I hadn't gotten the game for sub-$5 off of GMG, I'd be horribly upset.

It sounds like I missed a bonus discount on the DLC. Oh well.

Decided to grab the Dragon Master Pack. That stayed 91% off while all the other dlc in my cart changed price. Too bad I didn't get Nightmare in North Point, but still very happy with my purchase.

How did they know 91% off was my target price point? Thanks Gabe! Wish I'd picked up a few extra copies for people on here who missed it.

Well they just ha-ha'd me. I bought Darksiders II (and the set) earlier today for $20 because I missed it (and Amazon no longer had the set). Now it's $13. I just sent a request for a refund of the difference but I sincerely doubt it'll go through.

And I bought so little through Steam this time and they STILL got me.... :whistle2:(

Bah. The DLC flipped over as I was getting rid of the second copy of each I accidentally added to the cart. At least I bought the main game first before dealing with the DLC.

(Anyone got any extra DLC?)

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Well they just ha-ha'd me. I bought Darksiders II (and the set) earlier today for $20 because I missed it (and Amazon no longer had the set). Now it's $13. I just sent a request for a refund of the difference but I sincerely doubt it'll go through.

And I bought so little through Steam this time and they STILL got me.... :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

you don't get refunds for buying games at a higher a price then what they are say the next day, LOL

I already had the main game, but bought the two biggest DLC's for myself and I figured I'd grab one extra of the main game to trade.

Was looking at the smaller DLC packs when the price reverted.

Darn, missed the deal on DLC because couldn't see how people were getting all of it for $4.50; I just saw 21 items for ~$11 including a $5 Zodiac Tournament. While I was combing thru the thread, they fixed it. Darn. Should've checked here sooner. Congrats to all who scored.

I never would have expected that the moment the Steam Sale ends is when the thread explodes another 5 pages of people rushing to buy things. I love stuff like this.

Got all the discounted DLC along with it, though I missed grabbing the bundled DLC before the rest. Oh well. I'm sure the devs will benefit from that additional 20 cents. Doing my part to keep this industry alive.

Oh, and again, THAN YOU JSHACKLES FOR MAKING IT EASY TO SEE WHAT DLC YOU OWN! =D

Yah was trying to buy the DLC but they all change on me when remove things I didn't want as part of the dlc ;/ oh well still got the square enix package for outfix for .17 cent lol

[quote name='xCappax']you don't get refunds for buying games at a higher a price then what they are say the next day, LOL[/QUOTE]

I know.. just bums me out... I thought YESTERDAY was the last day.. and I figured we'd get a ha-ha sale at the end. I didn't think they'd redo it. Oh well.. only 7 bucks...

[quote name='DPsycho']
Oh, and again, THAN YOU JSHACKLES FOR MAKING IT EASY TO SEE WHAT DLC YOU OWN! =D[/QUOTE]

No problem! Like I said, it inspired me to add a new feature where you can add all of the DLC you don't already own to your cart at once. :)

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I know.. just bums me out... I thought YESTERDAY was the last day.. and I figured we'd get a ha-ha sale at the end. I didn't think they'd redo it. Oh well.. only 7 bucks...[/QUOTE]

Ya, there was an announcement on the STEAM news that there would be an Encore Sale from January 5th and 6th. They did the same thing last Winter Sale [with the exception of it being only a day].

[quote name='keiblerfan69']Steam has their shit together when it comes to pricing errors. Unlike some other websites that leave customers high and dry for weeks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, cause Steam customer service is the beacon by which all other companies try to measure up to.

[quote name='dobedobedo']I was going to look through each DLC to see which was worth it but I figured they'd fix it soon so I just said " fuck it" and bought everything.[/QUOTE]
I tried that and just go yelled at by everyone to just fucking buy it

[quote name='travathian']Yeah, cause Steam customer service is the beacon by which all other companies try to measure up to.[/QUOTE]

No, their service is horrendous. But I give them credit for having the sense to flip prices at a reasonable local time for them when there are actually people around to watch it and fix it quickly so that the situation doesn't go on for hours and spiral completely out of control.

[quote name='MrBonk']I've heard mixed things about BoT. it looks good to me. And a few people have said as much(that it's good) so just go in with an open mind I say.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='utopianmachine']I got Blades of Time this sale as well.[/QUOTE]

Blades of time is great! (And subtitled too) I think the reviews were half Russian bashing and half a riot against Ayumi's initial "anime girl" outfit. I mean sure Laura Croft was, ahem, top heavy, but she covered it up.

Had the DLC in my cart, couldn't pull the trigger. Wish I had gotten at least Nightmare in North Point; the way Steam handles DLC after the release of a GotY edition (which is possible) is definitely lame.

[quote name='xCappax']you don't get refunds for buying games at a higher a price then what they are say the next day, LOL[/QUOTE]
yeah ,seriously dude LOL.:roll:

Since most of the DLC is, arguably, not worthwhile, I guess I can only get so bummed over missing the Sleeping Dogs price mistake. Nevertheless, I do want to congratulate those that were able to grab the extra discounts.

well my only purchase this sale was a pricing mistake by steam... Somehow steam always finds a way for me to spend money and add to my backlog

[quote name='asheskitty']*Finally* some excitement over a steam sale =) It's been what, 3? 4? weeks since the Big Picture Sale.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they went much too long without having a real sale. ;)

sleepingdogs-inventory.jpg

I also have a key for Sleeping Dogs "limited edition" that I bought from GMG, so there's bound to be some doubling up in there. As if it wasn't already going to be a massive pain to unpack everything anyway. :lol:

[quote name='esq373']Wasn't the GamersGate Bethesda Bundle also 91% off? 91 is the new lucky number! Come on Xcom Enemy Unknown 91% off.[/QUOTE]

lol good call on 91
id feel guilty buying xcom for 91% off (AMAZING GAME)
sleeping dogs and old bethesda games, not so much

Thanks for the heads-up on Pirates & Nobles, Motoki. Was finally able to get to the page & buy...just in case.

(Now if only Full Pipe would make a return :cry: )

[quote name='Motoki']Now that the Sleeping Dogs shenanigans is out of the way, Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles expansion which just showed up last night after being gone from Steam without reason for the better part of a year is down to $10.19. That's probably about as low as it is going to go. No Aus/NZ price glitch this time it looks like.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102822/

It's glitchy and hard to get the page to show, but you can buy it. I did last night for $15 :p

What I found works better is to not go to it straight from the url link or the Steam main page, but to go to the page for another game, then either from there paste that link in or search for it.

Sometimes it shows up as DLC under the Medieval page too, but more often than not it disappears.

I have no idea if it truly is making a comeback or this is a glitch so if you want it grab it because it won't go significantly lower than this price barring a price mistake.[/QUOTE]

I guess Medieval is included in the general Sims 3 66% deal even though it doesn't show up on that page anywhere. Now I just need to decide if I want to spend that much out of my $13.00 wallet balance. I'm not sure what else I would buy unless there is another price glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back