The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Miranda']I missed out on Sleeping Dogs. That's what I get for actually playing my games, lol.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who missed it and would like it for $5 (I think that's fair) and can Paypal me, shoot me a PM.

EDIT: Gone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Sleeping Dogs+all discounted DLC for $8.32, thanks Gaben. I hope software goes on sale again. I wanna pick up Art Rage Studio and RPG Maker VX Ace.

Didn't GMG have Sleeping Dogs on sale legitimately for around $6-8 about a week ago? I wonder if people were so quick to buy because they wanted the game or because omg, pricing error, must buy!

Noooooo!!!! Just did miss the Sleeping Dogs deal, I saw the price but clicked add to cart and the price changed. Anyone buy one too many they need to offload for $5.00 or so to help out a fellow CAG? (I know, I know, yeah right, lol).

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']Didn't GMG have Sleeping Dogs on sale legitimately for around $6-8 about a week ago? I wonder if people were so quick to buy because they wanted the game or because omg, pricing error, must buy![/QUOTE]

I wanted the game, but I must have missed GMG's sale because I don't remember that.

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']Didn't GMG have Sleeping Dogs on sale legitimately for around $6-8 about a week ago? I wonder if people were so quick to buy because they wanted the game or because omg, pricing error, must buy![/QUOTE]

The GMG sale was a glitch as well. The voucher was being applied as well as the credit/cash back. It should have been one or the other (according to the posted voucher terms).

[quote name='Miranda']I missed out on Sleeping Dogs. That's what I get for actually playing my games, lol.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yeah. Rookie CAG mistake. Us vets know Steam is mainly for hording and using as a bargain hunting simulator. We're like dragons that way. We sit atop our massive horde of digital goods, constantly looking for new things to grow it, but to actually use it for anything other than looking pretty? Bah! Ridiculous!

Yes, but buying on steam is much easier for gifting to friends. (GMG is 1 game/account too).

More to the point Sleeping Dogs is a great game, and refreshing entry in the GTA-ish genre with nicer combat system inspired by Batman AA/AC. The Hong Kong setting is both popular and yet fresh. Walking the line between undercover cop and violent triad thug adds a new dimension. How often can you pick up a game like that, under 6 months old, for yourself or friends for $5?

[quote name='Cantatus']Ah, yeah. Rookie CAG mistake. Us vets know Steam is mainly for hording and using as a bargain hunting simulator. We're like dragons that way. We sit atop our massive horde of digital goods, constantly looking for new things to grow it, but to actually use it for anything other than looking pretty? Bah! Ridiculous![/QUOTE]

I didn't buy from GMG because I was waiting for a DLC bundle. Got exactly what I wanted from this price glitch.

What I've learn in my 2 months of CAGship...

Play games - February March April May June August September October
Buy Games - January July November December

[quote name='Neuro5i5']The GMG sale was a glitch as well. The voucher was being applied as well as the credit/cash back. It should have been one or the other (according to the posted voucher terms).[/QUOTE]

lol i couldn't remember how i got sleeping dogs
but now i remember it was from this gmg thing
at least i got all the dlc (-2 packs :cry:) now too

91% off is the magic number.

definitely impulse buy for me. i just needed the dlc and it only cost me less than $4 (discounted dlc only).

that being said, i never even played Sleeping Dogs even though I have it. goes to show you the unpredictability of holiday sales and the evergrowing backlog of games that i have.

[quote name='sunghost']I didn't buy from GMG because I was waiting for a DLC bundle. Got exactly what I wanted from this price glitch.[/QUOTE]

Even the newer two at *gasp* full price? ;)

[quote name='Neuro5i5']What I've learn in my 2 months of CAGship...

Buy Games - January July November December[/QUOTE]

GG had a set of good sales during their summer sale (4-weeks) in August. Tony was bringing on the hurt with the Paradox packs in May.

[quote name='asheskitty']Yes, but buying on steam is much easier for gifting to friends. (GMG is 1 game/account too).

More to the point Sleeping Dogs is a great game, and refreshing entry in the GTA-ish genre with nicer combat system inspired by Batman AA/AC. The Hong Kong setting is both popular and yet fresh. Walking the line between undercover cop and violent triad thug adds a new dimension. How often can you pick up a game like that, under 6 months old, for yourself or friends for $5?[/QUOTE]
No comparison to Shenmue? :lol:

My card got charged but there's no Sleeping Dogs in my inventory nor does it show under my account details. Should I rage now or wait five minutes and then rage?

I guess now I can post my final haul

Steam:

Castle Crashers (group buy)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
I Am Alive
Jet Set Radio
Magic The Gathering 2013
Mark of the Ninja
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Sleeping Dogs + DLC
Knights of the Old Republic II

Gifted to me:

Doom Rails

Gifts for others:

Castle Crashers
Magic The Gathering 2013
The Walking Dead

Amazon

Dead Island GOTY
Hotline Miami x2
Scribblenauts Unlimited

[quote name='TheLongshot']Tony from Amazon said that the complete edition will be added to the editor's choice at some point this month, if you have Amazon credits. It will be Origin, not Steam, tho.[/QUOTE]

Only excuseable if said game was Coconut Queen, Mission Runway, or Doom Rails.;)

[quote name='Syntax Error']My card got charged but there's no Sleeping Dogs in my inventory nor does it show under my account details. Should I rage now or wait five minutes and then rage?[/QUOTE]
Restart Steam. :hot:

Hmm, would've been nice to have gotten 91% off Sleeping Dogs. However, I got SD + all the DLC back when it was a flash sale. Paid ~$40 total. Oh well, Sleeping Dogs is lots of fun and worth it for that price. Though the DLC kinda sucks. Kinda wish I didn't buy the DLC.

[quote name='Motoki']Even the newer two at *gasp* full price? ;)[/QUOTE]

Well no, not those lol. The other DLC was good enough for me.

[quote name='Syntax Error']My card got charged but there's no Sleeping Dogs in my inventory nor does it show under my account details. Should I rage now or wait five minutes and then rage?[/QUOTE]

Rage now, and in the next 5 minutes. Be a true CAG! ;)

[quote name='ZeTeny']Hmm, would've been nice to have gotten 91% off Sleeping Dogs. However, I got SD + all the DLC back when it was a flash sale. Paid ~$40 total. Oh well, Sleeping Dogs is lots of fun and worth it for that price. Though the DLC kinda sucks. Kinda wish I didn't buy the DLC.[/QUOTE]

any DLC worth picking up or is it all just costumes and stuff? i dont feel like spending 24 bucks on DLC when i paid 4.50 for the game. :D

got sleeping dogs + the zombie dlc during the error. :3 i was never planning on buying it since the demo was pretty mediocre imo but hey, cant go wrong with $5. might actually be a good game, theres been many demos that i didnt enjoy but i enjoyed the full game.

[quote name='asheskitty']GG had a set of good sales during their summer sale (4-weeks) in August. Tony was bringing on the hurt with the Paradox packs in May.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to mark those as yellow flagged "keep-an-ear-to-the-ground" months on my Outlook calender.

[quote name='fignutz32']Only excuseable if said game was Coconut Queen, Mission Runway, or Doom Rails.;)[/QUOTE]

I don't have any of those. :lol: I passed on Doom Rails when it was 74 cents because of the DRM. I also didn't get Hotline Miami when it was free on Amazon even though I had the opportunity. I don't think I can call myself a true CAG. *hangs head in shame*

Is anyone else having problems buying games as a gift/inventory item? I had Sleeping Dogs in my cart but when I tried to buy it to add to my inventory, nothing happened when I clicked the continue button. Had the same problem last week when I tried to buy Skydrift DLC as a gift for a friend. In the end I just used my phone and it worked there, but wasn't in time to get any of the DLC besides for NINP. Oh well... at least I managed to get the base game and the one worthwhile DLC for just over $5 :D.

so what is left to be a daily best of tomorrow?
i'm thinking it must be lesser known games (which would be AWESOME)
because i think every single major recent game is on sale right now

[quote name='aronater']Is anyone else having problems buying games as a gift/inventory item? I had Sleeping Dogs in my cart but when I tried to buy it to add to my inventory, nothing happened when I clicked the continue button. Had the same problem last week when I tried to buy Skydrift DLC as a gift for a friend. In the end I just used my phone and it worked there, but wasn't in time to get any of the DLC besides for NINP. Oh well... at least I managed to get the base game and the one worthwhile DLC for just over $5 :D.[/QUOTE]

I thought I had bought two as gifts but it turns out the first purchase didn't actually go through. I hit purchase and it gave no errors, but I did notice the spinning circle icon stayed up after I went back to the main page. Oh well, was being greedy grabbing two anyway.

[quote name='tham1988']so what is left to be a daily best of tomorrow?
i'm thinking it must be lesser known games (which would be AWESOME)
because i think every single major recent game is on sale right now[/QUOTE]

damn nevermind timer just changed from 24 hours to 48 i guess this is the end of the road

Updated Enhanced Steam with a quick bug fix (thanks Motoki). If you have an item on your wish list, and you activate it on Steam, it will stay on your wishlist. The latest update processes your wishlist items first, then your owned items. Before, it would mark these "owned" wishlist items as blue instead of green. :)

Whoops. I mistook a previous $4.99 purchase that didn't bother to make it onto my card until today to be the $4.50 purchase.

Looks like I just wasn't charged, didn't receive it, etc. Don't really care since I already owned it and was just impulse buying to gift/trade but I really should have started raging earlier. Now I'd just look stupid.

On the plus side, my mighty $6 worth is discount DLC is secure.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']What I've learn in my 2 months of CAGship...

Buy Games - January July November December[/QUOTE]
Why would you want to play your games?
For me, playing games is a way less fun than buying another game which I won't even install in next 12-24 months on awesome flash price glitch.

[quote name='DPsycho']
602738_474207102637286_962256361_n.jpg

Even the Steam mascots are amazed by today's ephemeral pricing error on Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! That made me laugh :applause:

[quote name='ZeTeny']Hmm, would've been nice to have gotten 91% off Sleeping Dogs. However, I got SD + all the DLC back when it was a flash sale. Paid ~$40 total. Oh well, Sleeping Dogs is lots of fun and worth it for that price. Though the DLC kinda sucks. Kinda wish I didn't buy the DLC.[/QUOTE]

I missed it by mere minutes. Oh well... it'll be on sale eventually. Anyone want to sell an extra code? ;)

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Careful, if you wake them, they may bite. :p[/QUOTE]

LOL

The funny thing is from my window I can see my two dogs sleeping...

[quote name='juanjava']LOL

The funny thing is from my window I can see my two dogs sleeping...[/QUOTE]

Same, I got 2 sleeping dogs in my room right now. I have my heater on so they are just chilling :D

Could some kind CAG please help me purchase Batman: Arkham City? It's not available for sale in my region (as are all recent GFWL games) and my regular guy hasn't been online for a month.
I can paypal in advance of course. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back