The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='m0ds']Hello! A super snowy sunday to you.

3 x DRM free copies of The Cat Lady (new horror adventure game)

www.TheCatLady.co.uk > buy now > DRM-free version on its own > view cart > enter discount "S7SUPERSUNDAY" and update cart > checkout!

Usually £6.99 (or currently £6.50 cos of a site-wide discount)

"The Cat Lady is the finest horror adventure I've ever played. In fact, it's one of the finest adventure games I've ever played, period. A+" - Just Adventure

[/QUOTE]

Cool, downloading now. I actually up-voted this on Steam Greenlight. Thanks!

www.TheCatLady.co.uk > buy now > DRM-free version on its own > view cart > enter discount "S7SUPERSUNDAY" and update cart > checkout!

"The Cat Lady is the finest horror adventure I've ever played. In fact, it's one of the finest adventure games I've ever played, period. A+" - Just Adventure

[/QUOTE]

Wait, if it's free, why do I need to enter my name and email?

[/QUOTE]

Got the last one. Thanks

Thanks guys and also for your upvoting, enjoy the game. Thanks to your support, there certainly could be some exciting new places to get it from soon :)

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Wait, if it's free, why do I need to enter my name and email?[/QUOTE]

I'm not giving out direct download links, sorry! You'll be emailed the activation link like any other customer. But I see your point, and could perhaps minimize what info is needed on that page, I'll look into it.

[quote name='m0ds']Thanks guys and also for your upvoting, enjoy the game. Thanks to your support, there certainly could be some exciting new places to get it from soon :)

I'm not giving out direct download links, sorry! You'll be emailed the activation link like any other customer. But I see your point, and could perhaps minimize what info is needed on that page, I'll look into it.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay. Thanks for the giveaway though!

Edit: It's just that you only had 14 posts in 6 months and the more that you post, the more I trust you.

ALL GONE! Thanks :)

[/QUOTE]

Rats! Missed your giveaway again. Looks like a really cool game and I hope it makes it to Steam. Thanks for doing this!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Does this have a bot mode? The game has looked very interesting to me but I tend to prefer games with a bot mode. I just don't play online too much and sometimes prefer to beat up on some bots. Sounds a little like one of the HL mods they had with zombies. I think you had a zombie commander and the rest just played FPS.[/QUOTE]

No there isn't a bot mode, probably because it would be hard to do since it has RTS and FPS game types mixed together. In all honestly, the community is very cool and just letting people know it is your first time playing (besides your name being green) will normally get people to explain stuff to you and if you have a good commander they will micromanage you a bit so that you can learn the game quicker while being very helpful.

Steam should do a daily deal for a game ONLY if its 75%. It just waste of 24 hour slot. Oh well. Havent bought a daily for along time. Was tempted yesterdays deal but since its only 50% i pass

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Steam should do a daily deal for a game ONLY if its 75%. It just waste of 24 hour slot. Oh well. Havent bought a daily for along time. Was tempted yesterdays deal but since its only 50% i pass[/QUOTE]

CAG is a very small portion of the Steam userbase, and there are many, many, many users who are perfectly happy with a 50% off sale.

[quote name='Genocidal']CAG is a very small portion of the Steam userbase, and there are many, many, many users who are perfectly happy with a 50% off sale.[/QUOTE]
Hell, there's a percentage of the Steam userbase who would buy a game for full MSRP from Steam and then justify why it's so much better than buying the same game's Steam key from GMG for 66% off.

[quote name='Genocidal']CAG is a very small portion of the Steam userbase, and there are many, many, many users who are perfectly happy with a 50% off sale.[/QUOTE]

Before I knew better (pre-CAG), last year my first Steam purchase was Metro 2033 for $4.99 and thought I was getting a great deal. (This is where everyone laughs in chorus.) Amazing how knowledge and time affect hindsight...

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Before I knew better (pre-CAG), last year my first Steam purchase was Metro 2033 for $4.99 and thought I was getting a great deal. (This is where everyone laughs in chorus.) Amazing how knowledge and time affect hindsight...[/QUOTE]

Well, before I knew how insane Tony was, I begged for a $4.99 Metro 2033 deal. And he delivered. Then a few months later it was bundles with a ton of other games for $7.50. lol

Also, I wonder if they will do a Natural Selection free weekend? It seems like the type of game that would benefit from it, but at the same time it seems popular enough that maybe they don't need one. It sounds great, but I still would like to try before I buy.

Finally, I missed the Crazy Cat Lady again! I was on the verge of ordering the special editions physical copy a few weeks ago, but decided against it after the Pounds to Dollars conversion was so low :(

According to Steam, I've spent five hours on Sleeping Dogs this weekend. Good god this is a fantastic game. I love open-world GTA-ish games (favourite game of last year (that I actually played) was Saints Row: The Third) so I'm absolutely loving it.

It looks gorgeous, has tons to do, and most importantly it's fun to play. I'm really, really digging it.

I think there's some cheap copies ($10?) kicking around in the Steam Trade thread. If you're at a loss for things to play and fancy scratching that GTA itch, buy it.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Before I knew better (pre-CAG), last year my first Steam purchase was Metro 2033 for $4.99 and thought I was getting a great deal. (This is where everyone laughs in chorus.) Amazing how knowledge and time affect hindsight...[/QUOTE]

Its all about perspective. Is Metro 2033 worth $4.99? Hell yes, its a great game with great atmosphere (from what I've played), but the fact that we've all seen it for penny's (or free) makes us laugh when we see people buying it by itself. I wouldnt criticize any average Joe, or Jane for buying Metro 2033 for $5, but seeing as how we are basically the most informed consumers when it comes to video games it seems absurd to us.

Before I was a regular member of CAG I would oftentimes pay MSRP for games (which now seems like such a ridiculous waste), then one day I somehow stumbled on this site via the gamefly app (terrible app btw) on my droid and the rest was history.

AirBuccaneers did not impress me at all. It has hardly changed since it was a free UT2k4 mod and the novelty has long since worn off. If you haven't played it before it's worth a brief play but I wouldn't pay for it.

Thanks for the recommend on the Stealth Bastard free version. For anyone on the fence it made up my mind, even though the deal is over. Its a puzzle platformer with some neat stealth elements. Not worth the price as is imoho.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm thinking of reporting this thread title to the ASA. It's Sunday, and I'm still not feeling tingly.[/QUOTE]

I would just like to confirm that I'm feeling tingly*!

* - of course it could be the whole "getting kicked in the balls at football"' thing but it's probably Magicka

[quote name='KaOTiK']What is wrong with me. I read that as fleshlight mod for Alan Wake...sigh[/QUOTE]

This goes perfectly with the still chosen for the vid linked by EliotAndrews... :applause:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Don't worry; I read it the same way :lol:[/QUOTE]

Glad to see I'm not the only one lol

[quote name='Junpei']This goes perfectly with the still chosen for the vid linked by EliotAndrews... :applause:[/QUOTE]

LOL it really does which makes it even better.

[quote name='Flowette']According to Steam, I've spent five hours on Sleeping Dogs this weekend. Good god this is a fantastic game. I love open-world GTA-ish games (favourite game of last year (that I actually played) was Saints Row: The Third) so I'm absolutely loving it.

It looks gorgeous, has tons to do, and most importantly it's fun to play. I'm really, really digging it.

I think there's some cheap copies ($10?) kicking around in the Steam Trade thread. If you're at a loss for things to play and fancy scratching that GTA itch, buy it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, fantastic game. Has the best mechanics (Driving, fighting, shooting, running) of any open world games of its ilk yet. My only complaint is the story crashes pretty hard at the end. No spoilers, but it's disappointing.

I posted here recently about bad Sims 3 performance. Well I tested it out on a totally different system, a laptop made in the last year, and it still is almost identical in performance. Laggy, stuttery, long load times, and micro freezes which sometime turn into full blown freezes. Ghost Hunter Profession is also semi borked. Disappointing.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Thanks for the recommend on the Stealth Bastard free version. For anyone on the fence it made up my mind, even though the deal is over. Its a puzzle platformer with some neat stealth elements. Not worth the price as is imoho.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed the original post but when I saw yours I decided to try the free version as well. So far it is quite good but I seem to take much longer than most to figure out a level. $10 seems a bit high and I'm not sure I would have bought it at 50% off either so free to try is fine for now.

Edit - Just found the original recommendation from Corpekata so thanks from me too!

[quote name='Flowette']According to Steam, I've spent five hours on Sleeping Dogs this weekend. Good god this is a fantastic game. I love open-world GTA-ish games (favourite game of last year (that I actually played) was Saints Row: The Third) so I'm absolutely loving it.

I think there's some cheap copies ($10?) kicking around in the Steam Trade thread. If you're at a loss for things to play and fancy scratching that GTA itch, buy it.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Dogs is in my top 5 games of last year, maybe even top 3. It's a GTA like game, yes, but it does things right. The world they created and story feels like GTA caliber to me and the combat is great. The game feels like an Asian action movie too at times which is great. Overall just a fantastic game. I can't recommend it enough. Plus it has horrible Asian rap music, what's not to love, lol?

I paid $36 for it, and well I feel it's a $60 level of game.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']I posted here recently about bad Sims 3 performance. Well I tested it out on a totally different system, a laptop made in the last year, and it still is almost identical in performance. Laggy, stuttery, long load times, and micro freezes which sometime turn into full blown freezes. Ghost Hunter Profession is also semi borked. Disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing the past couple days with no issues. I'm on an i5 3570k, 16gb ram, gtx 650 ti. I actually never had issues running it on my old system either. Core 2 quad q8200, 6gb ram, radeon hd 4650. Couldn't tell you what it may be.

[quote name='travathian']Alan Wank: Morning After Nightmare[/QUOTE]

"I assumed all traces of my dextrous details had been flushed along with the water, but a few droplets of afterthought waited patiently on the rim for Alice..."

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']I posted here recently about bad Sims 3 performance. Well I tested it out on a totally different system, a laptop made in the last year, and it still is almost identical in performance. Laggy, stuttery, long load times, and micro freezes which sometime turn into full blown freezes. Ghost Hunter Profession is also semi borked. Disappointing.[/QUOTE]
I had that same problem with a couple systems, doubled the memory in them and it runs great now. :bouncy:

Alan Wank: The Fleshlight Chronicles

[quote name='mjontrix']Alan Wank - - Fleshlight and I[/QUOTE]

Anal Wink: The Sphincter

He uses a cell phone to find his way out of the Dark Place...

[quote name='Blade']Anal Wink: The Sphincter

He uses a cell phone to find his way out of the Dark Place...[/QUOTE]
Anal Wart: The Curse of the Inflamed Browneye

[quote name='Preedatore']I've been playing the past couple days with no issues. I'm on an i5 3570k, 16gb ram, gtx 650 ti. I actually never had issues running it on my old system either. Core 2 quad q8200, 6gb ram, radeon hd 4650. Couldn't tell you what it may be.[/QUOTE]

Huh, well thanks for the input. I am playing with every expansion pack minus any stuff packs. I have 8gig ram, 2.4Ghz i7m, 6700m. I might try verify the entire game as I've added expansions over many years and maybe it just needs a redo. I've also heard Bridgeport can be hard? Anyways. Last time I played was up till Late Night/Ambitions. I don't remember having any problems. Then I added all the rest during the Winter Sale and it turned sour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back