The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Admit it - That wasn't the first time you'd ever had a taste of it[/QUOTE]

He's going have to eat a person just to be sure he hasn't eaten people meat before.

Lace Mamba hasn't really done much with Indie Bundles. Lace Mamba is under fire for their retail actions. Specifically signing indie devs to release their games at retail and then not paying them. They've even been releasing them in countries they were not contracted for without telling the developers. They then tried to pass off the blame, as there is a secondary company of theirs with a similar name that they tried to lie about and say was not actually affilliated with them.

At this point it appears they've finally made good on most of their debts/issues at least, but they're definetly shady as fuck.

[quote name='momouchi']He's going have to eat a person just to be sure he hasn't eaten people meat before.[/QUOTE]

[W]
Kidneys
Liver
Intestines*

[H]
Paypal
Skyram

* - I feel like making a haggis

[quote name='Flowette']You DO realise we're in midst of a horse-meat-being-sold-as-beef scandal across here, don't you?

I'm hit with the uncomfortable realisation that the lasagne I had on Saturday night probably contained Idiotekque's grandma's buttock.

Ew.[/QUOTE]

Or as the Daily Express puts it: "Romanian Horses take jobs from British Cows."

That said, it doesn't effect the middle class since they don't eat budget ready meals. I can see it now, "DNA tests have shown that not all the raisins in organic musli are organic."

There's not much that can be done, they're trying to shut the door after the horse has been bolted.

[quote name='asheskitty']
There's not much that can be done, they're trying to shut the door after the horse has been bolted.[/QUOTE]

Ugh.

That one hurt.

Well done.

Fallout classics series on weeklong deal. May want to snag those while you can, as Interplay loses the right to sell them at the end of this year, and its' uncertain whether they will be around after that.

[quote name='Corpekata']Lace Mamba hasn't really done much with Indie Bundles. Lace Mamba is under fire for their retail actions. Specifically signing indie devs to release their games at retail and then not paying them. They've even been releasing them in countries they were not contracted for without telling the developers. They then tried to pass off the blame, as there is a secondary company of theirs with a similar name that they tried to lie about and say was not actually affilliated with them.

At this point it appears they've finally made good on most of their debts/issues at least, but they're definetly shady as fuck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I realized that after reading the open letter.

I'd assumed it was bundle related as a lot of this started getting publicized when J.U.L.I.A. was included in one of the recent Groupee's bundle and there was speculation that Lace Mamba had done it without the dev's permission and without intention of paying him (which turned out false, as the deal for J.U.L.I.A. was with KISS).

That whole situation is pretty messed up, though.

[quote name='Flowette']You DO realise we're in midst of a horse-meat-being-sold-as-beef scandal across here, don't you?
[/QUOTE]

You're a noble and inspirational people Flowette.

The only good horse is a dead horse.

I'm sure it'll be in a bundle eventually. While it looked appealing to me I've heard it's a bit unpolished and can be a bit of a grindfest. Essentially it's a loot farming game with crafting and such.

[quote name='Mooby']I'm sure it'll be in a bundle eventually. While it looked appealing to me I've heard it's a bit unpolished and can be a bit of a grindfest. Essentially it's a loot farming game with crafting and such.[/QUOTE]

This is what everybody said on the last day of the Xmas sale when I asked about it.

Then everybody went out and bought it anyway.

'cept me.

*sobs uncontrollably into horse kebab*

[quote name='Mooby']But did they actually play it or is it just sitting in their library?[/QUOTE]

You have to ask? No one here plays games, come on!

[quote name='asheskitty']I know, right? It takes almost 30 minutes to download that 5 MB game on my 33.6Kbps modem.[/QUOTE]
3 days on my 300 baud modem
I'm so green. :bouncy:

[quote name='Tsel']Is it bad that I really want Restaurant Empire II?

EDIT: 1 friend already owns this game: Motoki. So no.[/QUOTE]
I have it too, bought it on amazon lol. (guess I should buy the steam version)

Time to take that Santa hat off that horseburger.

EDIT: Come to think of it, half the people in this thread are still sporting their holiday avatars. Do you guys still have your Christmas lights up?

[quote name='juanjava']Wanderlust: rebirth. Will try the demo. Any opinions on the game? Buy or wait?[/QUOTE]

I played it when it was on sale last time. Got my friends to get it too. Its REAL bad. I will never touch it again. I thought it was going to play like Secret of Mana or something. Its nothing like that. Real shallow gameplay. Terrible.

Has the Book of Unwritten tales ever been less or in a bundle of some sort?

[quote name='JakeNome']I played it when it was on sale last time. Got my friends to get it too. Its REAL bad. I will never touch it again. I thought it was going to play like Secret of Mana or something. Its nothing like that. Real shallow gameplay. Terrible.[/QUOTE]

It just depends, some people love it, some don't. It is definitely a niche title.

There are plenty of reviews all over, check out the user comments here:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WR/wanderlust-rebirth
More reviews:
http://gamingirresponsibly.com/review-wanderlust-rebirth-pc
http://www.indiegamemag.com/wanderlust-rebirth-review-retro-reborn/
http://gotgame.com/review/the-5-1-review-wanderlust-rebirth/#.USKorGfYFTQ
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Wanderlust_Rebirth/index.html
http://scarletgaming.com/2012/08/24/review-wanderlust-rebirth/
and there are several more, most either love it or hate it.

A lot of the players that did not like the game were expecting Wanderlust: Rebirth to be something different than what they got, or simply didn't spend enough time getting to the harder difficulties, as what I suspect happened with JakeNome. The game takes a turn for the better once you hit Chapter 6/7.

[quote name='d2king10']The game takes a turn for the better once you hit Chapter 6/7.[/QUOTE]

That seems sort of analogous to the "Final Fantasy XIII really opens up about 25 hours in" argument.

[quote name='Eldredpe']That seems sort of analogous to the "Final Fantasy XIII really opens up about 25 hours in" argument.[/QUOTE]
Really if you aren't enjoying it to 6, why keep playing? Like I said, it is definitely one of those titles you either love or hate, people usually don't fall in the middle. Could always try the free demo on the website.

www.wanderlustgame.com

[quote name='bshirk']Has the Book of Unwritten tales ever been less or in a bundle of some sort?[/QUOTE]
I got it for $4.76 back in December from GMG after a coupon. Except for that I don't believe it's been cheaper. You can use one of the price trackers asheskitty advertises to double check.

Ooh, I hadn't noticed Wanderlust was on a weeklong sale. I just thought we were having a "what do you think of [this game]?" chat. :lol:

Cool.

I feel in the mood to make a mistake. Who's with me?

I said WHO'S WITH M- hmmm, I really should try that demo.

[quote name='bshirk']Has the Book of Unwritten tales ever been less or in a bundle of some sort?[/QUOTE]

You can get it from JakeNome for $3.50.

[quote name='Eldredpe']That seems sort of analogous to the "Final Fantasy XIII really opens up about 25 hours in" argument.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see the entire FF series hit the PC.

Thanks for the answers! Tried the demo of Wanderlust for about 20 minutes. Is... weird. I really want to like it, but is not what I was expecting. When fighting, it doesn't seems you're hitting something... and controls are a bit clunky. The interface is weird too.

Maybe I should give it another shot, but I really don't want to even think about playing it again soon.

I'll wait for a bundle.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Just a heads up, new NVIDIA drivers are up.[/QUOTE]

Crysis 3 drivers, more or less - hehe.
Holy crap @ the new drivers' performance increase for Crysis 3 PC w/ GTX 690!

GeForce GTX 690:
Up to 65% in Crysis 3

[quote name='MysterD']Crysis 3 drivers, more or less - hehe.
Holy crap @ the new drivers' performance increase for Crysis 3 PC w/ GTX 690![/QUOTE]
I know I looked at that and went HOLY $#!&. Then I got excited to see what changed for GTX 670.... Thats when I just got depressed again.

[quote name='bob_793']I know I looked at that and went HOLY $#!&. Then I got excited to see what changed for GTX 670.... Thats when I just got depressed again.[/QUOTE]

Expecting some major gains for my 8800GT!

[quote name='MysterD']Crysis 3 drivers, more or less - hehe.
Holy crap @ the new drivers' performance increase for Crysis 3 PC w/ GTX 690![/QUOTE]

Crysis 3 doesn't perform too badly on my GTX 650, well at least the beta doesn't.

I just saw Fallout Collection was on sale!. I loved Fallout 2, but never played FO1/FO:T (don't know why). I'm thinking about getting them on Steam, but seems you have to do some work to get it working right. (high res, color problems...).

The GOG version are better?

[quote name='juanjava']I just saw Fallout Collection was on sale!. I loved Fallout 2, but never played FO1/FO:T (don't know why). I'm thinking about getting them on Steam, but seems you have to do some work to get it working right. (high res, color problems...).

The GOG version are better?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Always.

[quote name='Bios Element']Yes, Always.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The problem is that some say this could be the last sale on those games (maybe they would fade from steam), because Interplay is about to loose the rights.

On other things... I was trying Lucius. Is not a bad game... but is TOO SLOW!. Even load times are ridiculous. Everybody is talking about it and the developers didn't fix it. That means the game will stay as it is. Is a shame, it had potential. I think I'll eventually finish the game because I like The Omen, but is a bit of a pain to play.

I have an extra code for Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition.
5Q98Q-20QZE-IJHXF
Enjoy.

Edit: Sorry, that should be the right one

[quote name='k04sm02']I have an extra code for Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition.
5WBK4-MR68M-N96W6
Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if intentional, but that's a key for Hearts of Iron 3. Tried to redeem it and already own it lol.

EDIT: Redeemed the new/corrected key. Thanks!

[quote name='Flowette']This is what everybody said on the last day of the Xmas sale when I asked about it.

Then everybody went out and bought it anyway.

'cept me.

*sobs uncontrollably into horse kebab*[/QUOTE]

There's only horse meat in that kebab, kinda a relief, innit?

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I'm honestly hoping that you're joking.[/QUOTE]

CAGs tend to play older games and thus don't need newfangled cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back