The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spoderman']Doesn't matter. Indie Royale is owned by Desura, they've added some games to Desura a few days before they got included in an Indie Royale. The bundle agreement can happen before the game gets added to Desura AFAIK.

Also, see my previous post.. the Magical Diary dev had been asked by Desura to include her game in one of their bundles:

So there is a chance that Indie Royale could pick up Magical Diary in the future, but not for a while.

It's true the Winter Wolves bundle didn't do so great, but Groupees probably wouldn't mind adding Magical Diary to a Build a Bundle, or Be Mine.[/QUOTE]

As someone who owns and played some of Magical Diary (got it as a joke gift from a friend), I can honestly ask, WHY DO YOU WANT THIS GAME? Its scarier then Amnesia, F.E.A.R. and Silent Hill combined.

[quote name='Echoes']As someone who owns and played some of Magical Diary (got it as a joke gift from a friend), I can honestly ask, WHY DO YOU WANT THIS GAME? Its scarier then Amnesia, F.E.A.R. and Silent Hill combined.[/QUOTE]

That just makes me want to play it even more ;)

New raptr reward next week for Dead Island GOTY on Steam.

REQUIREMENTS:
Dedicated or above in a select Zombie FPS title
  • Arma II Operation Arrowhead (PC)
  • BF3 (PC)
  • Black Ops II (PC)
  • Borderlands 2 (PC)
  • Dead Rising 2 (PC)
  • Left 4 Dead (PC)
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
  • Walking Dead EP1 (PC)
  • The Walking Dead Series(PC)
Steam account connected
Must have recently run the Raptr Desktop App
Verified email address

[quote name='louiedog']New raptr reward next week for Dead Island GOTY on Steam.

REQUIREMENTS:
  • BF3 (PC)
  • Black Ops II (PC)
  • Borderlands 2 (PC)
  • Dead Rising 2 (PC)
  • Left 4 Dead (PC)
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
  • Walking Dead EP1 (PC)
Steam account connected
Verified email address[/QUOTE]

I probably qualify with TWD, but the BS in that is including non FPS on the list, but not including Killing Floor. Raptr fail.

Guys, a quick one, Singularity or Binary Domain? I've heard that BD is better but Singularity is not always on sale, right? Thanks for the answers.

[quote name='soulkyo']Guys, a quick one, Singularity or Binary Domain? I've heard that BD is better but Singularity is not always on sale, right? Thanks for the answers.[/QUOTE]

This is the cheapest Singularity has been (with 25% off code on Amazon). Binary Domain goes on sale pretty often. I prefer Binary Domain, Singularity doesn't really excel at anything, I got bored with it midway through.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Thanks guys. Going to think about this as i can't find too many other games im interested in this sale..hmmmmm[/QUOTE]

The CDR shows that the retail key version of Singularity has no run restrictions.

Sunghost you might not want to waste your time replying to me. The only reason I even realized you did is because someone quoted you.

Then again, if you are trying to prove me wrong or one up me for other people's consumption or other assorted internet nonsense, carry on.

[quote name='spoderman']This is the cheapest Singularity has been (with 25% off code on Amazon). Binary Domain goes on sale pretty often. I prefer Binary Domain, Singularity doesn't really excel at anything, I got bored with it midway through.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']BD goes on sale every month. This is the first decent Singularity sale in close to a year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answers, guess I'll pick Singularity then :cool:

[quote name='soulkyo']Thanks for the answers, guess I'll pick Singularity then :cool:[/QUOTE]

I think you made a good choice. I really liked it and wish it had sold better. Maybe we'd have another Raven game out by now instead of Activision putting them on COD map packs.

[quote name='louiedog']New raptr reward next week for Dead Island GOTY on Steam.

REQUIREMENTS:
  • BF3 (PC)
  • Black Ops II (PC)
  • Borderlands 2 (PC)
  • Dead Rising 2 (PC)
  • Left 4 Dead (PC)
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
  • Walking Dead EP1 (PC)
Steam account connected
Verified email address[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool! Question though, on my Raptr account it says that I'm at the "dedicated" level for Borderlands 2, but when I clicked the reward link you posted it doesn't have a checkmark next to "Dedicated or above in a select Zombie FPS title". Weird.

Edit: Nevermind, after downloading the desktop app it said I earned the reward.

So I went ahead and made a Raptr account, as I have over 200 hours of L4D2 time on Steam, yet it says I have 0 hours after connecting my Steam account to Raptr >.>

Is there just a lag time while it updates my hours, or do I have to redo it all from scratch for Raptr?

[quote name='Echoes']So I went ahead and made a Raptr account, as I have over 200 hours of L4D2 time on Steam, yet it says I have 0 hours after connecting my Steam account to Raptr >.>

Is there just a lag time while it updates my hours, or do I have to redo it all from scratch for Raptr?[/QUOTE]

If you just started there can be a lag, but Raptr is also in accurate at times. Shows I have 32 Achievements for TWD, all in one hour. I must be the awesomest adventure gamer out there.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If you just started there can be a lag, but Raptr is also in accurate at times. Shows I have 32 Achievements for TWD, all in one hour. I must be the awesomest adventure gamer out there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I'll wait a few hours before complaining to Raptr :p

It tracked all my PSN trophies and Xbox cheevos immediately, but all my Steam achievements/hours aren't showing up. Its a conspiracy, I tell ya!

[quote name='Echoes']Thanks, I guess I'll wait a few hours before complaining to Raptr :p

It tracked all my PSN trophies and Xbox cheevos immediately, but all my Steam achievements/hours aren't showing up. Its a conspiracy, I tell ya![/QUOTE]

From Raptr Support:

Currently we're having some high traffic with our Steam system and scanning games and achievements is taking a lot longer than normal. This should be corrected in the next 24 hours. After that has been resolved we should be able to scan your missing achievements and import your game play time.

Please bear with us while we try and fix these issues. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I qualify for Dead Island, but I'm guessing they have like 2 keys to give away lol. Won't stop me from trying though![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I qualify for DI: GOTY, as well...

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I qualify for Dead Island, but I'm guessing they have like 2 keys to give away lol. Won't stop me from trying though![/QUOTE]

They'll probably be gone in less than 5 minutes. I think the Stacking giveaway lasted less than that long. If you want it, make sure you're there at the exact time they're being given away (usually they reveal the time later on)

Well I'm not even gonna bother checking to see if I qualify. The only game on that list that I've ever even started up is Borderlands 2. And that is just so I can activate shift codes.

So that's one less person that you guys need to worry about competing with you for a copy. Good luck to you all though.

I've got Awesome news, guys. Legend Of Grimrock 2 is in the works.

According to steam, I sunk 48 into LoG. Which sounds about right considering that I played through it 3 times. So I'm pretty excited to hear that a sequel is in the works.

PC Version of Dead Island is OH SHIT IM DYING IN BLOOM EVERYTHING IS SO BRIGHT IS THAT YOU ELIZABETH. You need to download DI Helper to punch the game graphics down a notch.

Other than that, fun little survival melee combat game whose simple joys of weapon scavenging and physics quickly become a terrible repetitive Borderlands style fetch quest loot grind-fest.

I beat it twice though because the combat is just THAT much fun. Shame they didn't use those fundamentals and went with the action RPG bullcrap

[quote name='slofton']Is ticket to ride really that good? I know it has a huge underground scene. Is it like Catan?[/QUOTE]

TTR is a bit like Catan. I'm a bit burnt out on it as it's a bit simple but it's a great little time waster to convince you that there are board games worth your time that aren't utter garbage like Risk and Monopoly.

[quote name='Motoki']Sunghost you might not want to waste your time replying to me. The only reason I even realized you did is because someone quoted you.

Then again, if you are trying to prove me wrong or one up me for other people's consumption or other assorted internet nonsense, carry on.[/QUOTE]

Women find making whole posts about people who you have ignored EXTREMELY attractive. In fact, it's generally appropriate to announce that you have ignored a person every fifteen minutes in a thread they are posting in. Of course, if you have to unignore them to see which threads they are in, well, when you make an omlette... It doesn't matter though. What's important is the fact that you are making posts whose only useful contribution to the thread is announcements of who you are ignoring. Women love it and the readers are ALWAYS interested in it.

[quote name='spoderman']This is the cheapest Singularity has been (with 25% off code on Amazon). Binary Domain goes on sale pretty often. I prefer Binary Domain, Singularity doesn't really excel at anything, I got bored with it midway through.[/QUOTE]
My vote is Singularity but both are solid B titles along with Inversion.

[quote name='Mooby']People still don't have Dead Island? It's like $5 now on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

But why would they buy it now when they could potentially get it for free in 6 days ;)

[quote name='Broken Cage']...But I already own the board game! (And it was a lot more expensive, unfortunately).[/QUOTE]

The board game "DLCs" (expansions) are also a LOT more expensive. Days of Wonder took all my money.

But really, the tablet revolution has been great for Eurogames. Too bad many of the PC ports have been lackluster.

[quote name='Mooby']People still don't have Dead Island? It's like $5 now on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
US region-locked key.

[quote name='Preedatore']Bundle fodder[/QUOTE]
A Deep Silver game? The company whose games hardly ever seem to hit 75% off? Doesn't seem very likely to me.

[quote name='slofton']Is ticket to ride really that good? I know it has a huge underground scene. Is it like Catan?[/QUOTE]

As a party/board game I like it. I tend to avoid playing the same games on computer though. I'd be more tempted to pick it up on my tablet.

[quote name='Preedatore']Bundle fodder[/QUOTE]

This!

[quote name='Detruire']A Deep Silver game? The company whose games hardly ever seem to hit 75% off? Doesn't seem very likely to me.[/QUOTE]

"Bundle fodder" isn't always so literal, it means I won't buy it on it's own, but I'd be okay getting it in a bundle. Surely you haven't forgotten the Seattle Tony Bundle? Also DI has hit $5-6 multiple times now.

Deep Silver seems to follow the sequels rule to sales. If a sequel is coming soon, their games tend to get discounted rather furiously. Like Risen before Risen 2 was very cheap quite a lot. Post Risen 2 release the sales for that game have quieted down quite a bit.

I was hoping that Indigo Prophecy would be redeemable on Steam and of course it isn't >.>

Would like to grab that Dead Island GOTY from Raptr but I haven't played any of those except L4D2, but that was on the Xbox 360, and The Walking Dead, but that was on PS3. The only game that I would think that would qualify that I have on PC is Killing Floor, and that doesn't count as an FPS zombie game on PC but Borderlands 2 does? And since when is Dead Rising an FPS? TWD has like 2 sequences where you shoot in first person. It's hardly an FPS. WTF Raptr?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Buy this, you jerks.[/QUOTE]

Well when you put it that way, how can I say no?

TTR has been on my wishlist for long enough. Probably will.

[quote name='Motoki']I don't think Groupees would do it either after the somewhat similar nichey Winter Wolves bundle really bombed hard. They kept lowering all the goals and still didn't meet them all.[/QUOTE]

I bought it, though I keep forgetting I own them. >.>

And no, adding them to Steam isn't going to make them any more visible to me.

I asked Tony to pitch a ticket to ride bundle with dlc. Steam does have a complete pack so they may be open to it. If you want to see it hit the amazon thread and second the notion.

The problem with the popularity of board games on tablets with pc ports is that they also adopt the pricing. Making the game cheap but rarely discounting dlc.

On that note, it's starting to change but it's rare to see any iOS board game go for less than $4.99 and $2.99 is the equivalent of free to them.

[quote name='retrad']Dead Island is a pretty terrible game though.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say terrible just poorly executed. Melee combat is quite enjoyable but everything supporting it was flat and generic. The 'open world' was devoid of anything meaningful save repetitive MMO-style quests. Character progression was rendered irrelevant by level scaling and dull talents. And crafting was shallow and uninteresting.

[quote name='spoderman']Nope, they don't always list how many copies will be available until the giveaway starts.[/QUOTE]

A guy from Raptr posted on their forum they have a "few thousand"... So yeah, 5 minutes.

Last time I talked Nip indie games I talked Crotchlure or whatever it is and it was a stinker.

Fairy Bloom Freesia is most assuredly not a stinker. It's the story of a little fairy girl defending nature by beating the everloving shit out of everything that isn't nature.

It's a one-room beat-em-up much like Clockslurry only instead of Ys's middling dungeon combat drawn out without Ys's absolutely brilliant bosses, Fairy Bloom Freesia is somewhere south of Smash Bros, east of Devil May Cry (Probably more DmC than DMC.) Freesia flits about with a powerful block, a good dodge roll, a lot of powerful moves and a WHOLE LOT of smacking enemies around into other enemies for massive damage. The whole thing is frightfully fun once the enemies start pouring on thick and you appreciate Freesia's block, dodge, and knockbacks. It's tough too, but not too tough. Missions go by in almost a minute a pop and I can't imagine

Includes the usual Jap indie game standbys of XP-based grind, skimping on actually testing a moveset by just giving you a steady stream of equippable moves and limited space on which to put them, new game + supported and apparently a long extra challenge mode after beating the game.

There's a demo on Steam. Try it. You'll like it, I think.

[quote name='Blade']Here's a mod that will make it much better:[/QUOTE]

HnK's French theme in the background was icing on the cake... wonder if I can mod in the Italian one, since it is one of our most beloved anime songs... oh well, I'll discover that in a few days :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back