The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='N3UROP0D']So I'm looking at buying a Steam Trading Card beta off the marketplace (yeah, I know) and I guess I have to pay with Steam wallet? And I have to add $5 minimum? Even the dang 3DS eShop doesn't make you do that. Is there any way I can just use Paypal?

Also, for those that already have the Beta, CS:GO free weekend should be an easy chance to get free cards.[/QUOTE]

i'll hook you up man, don't pay for that

add me, steam name is in my sig

[quote name='jshackles']Damn, I should have held on to mine - they're selling for about $2.50 - $3.50 each???[/QUOTE]
They were going for way more than that right at the beginning...I think. I know I'll just get one if I wait so...eh.

[quote name='vince_carter']i'll hook you up man, don't pay for that

add me, steam name is in my sig[/QUOTE]

I promise never to use your avatar as a hilariously appropriate response, no matter how hilarious or appropriate.

I would swear I joined the Trading Card group at around 30,000 members but it didn't show up on my list. The membership is now at 131,564!

[quote name='Palinn']I would swear I joined the Trading Card group at around 30,000 members but it didn't show up on my list. The membership is now at 131,564![/QUOTE]

man, I feel lucky I got in at 20,000. Has steam let loose any info as to how many people will get in on the first wave?

[quote name='jshackles']Damn, I should have held on to mine - they're selling for about $2.50 - $3.50 each???[/QUOTE]

lol really? Hmm, I still have two left. I'm all for making a few easy bucks.

How does this marketplace thing work? I set the price and wait for somebody to agree to it, right? Do I have to be around to actually send the item to the buyer? Or does it go directly to the buyer from my inventory once it sells?

[quote name='The End']lol really? Hmm, I still have two left. I'm all for making a few easy bucks.

How does this marketplace thing work? I set the price and wait for somebody to agree to it, right? Do I have to be around to actually send the item to the buyer? Or does it go directly to the buyer from my inventory once it sells?[/QUOTE]
It's automated.

anyone got a steam trading card beta invite? I'll give you Jet Set Radio for your troubles, I want to take advantage of the CS:G0 free play weekend, they are so many noobs playing it right now so it should be easy to earn some trading cards.

[quote name='The End']lol really? Hmm, I still have two left. I'm all for making a few easy bucks.

How does this marketplace thing work? I set the price and wait for somebody to agree to it, right? Do I have to be around to actually send the item to the buyer? Or does it go directly to the buyer from my inventory once it sells?[/QUOTE]

Once it's on sale, it's not even in your inventory.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']anyone got a steam trading card beta invite? I'll give you Jet Set Radio for your troubles, I want to take advantage of the CS:G0 free play weekend, they are so many noobs playing it right now so it should be easy to earn some trading cards.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure you can earn trading cards from the free weekend. A friend of mine is playing the free weekend and there's no CS:GO badge progress on his profile.

Add me and I'll shoot you an invite regardless.

Oh and I'm assuming buying a cheap item from the marketplace doesn't make you eligible for card drops in the F2P games? I bought a 3 cent item in DOTA, but haven't gotten any drops since and there's no badge progress on my profile.

[quote name='Tsel']Oh and I'm assuming buying a cheap item from the marketplace doesn't make you eligible for card drops in the F2P games? I bought a 3 cent item in DOTA, but haven't gotten any drops since and there's no badge progress on my profile.[/QUOTE]
It definitely seems like you have to buy an item from the valve store. :roll:

I saw some guy offering a XCOM: EU gift. Wish I would get my invite, people are going crazy over this:lol:

[quote name='Tsel']I'm not sure you can earn trading cards from the free weekend. A friend of mine is playing the free weekend and there's no CS:GO badge progress on his profile.

Add me and I'll shoot you an invite regardless.

Oh and I'm assuming buying a cheap item from the marketplace doesn't make you eligible for card drops in the F2P games? I bought a 3 cent item in DOTA, but haven't gotten any drops since and there's no badge progress on my profile.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I added you.

I already had the game since launch so I should be able to get trading cards if I play it

Wow this trading card thing blew up. I read about it yesterday but was on mobile and not signed in so I waited. Big mistake I guess. If anyone gets an invite and wants to share, I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Detruire']It's automated.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just put one up to test it out.

[quote name='Izod517']Once it's on sale, it's not even in your inventory.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that. Nice precaution.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I saw some guy offering a XCOM: EU gift. Wish I would get my invite, people are going crazy over this:lol:[/QUOTE]

That is Caaaarrraaazzy. Maybe I should see if I could trade the other. At least see what I could get for it.

I already gave UtopianMachine my third invite for free, so I've done my good deed. Time to cash in.

Another 10,000 invites for the trading card beta are being sent out right now. That might explain why the price just halved in the market.

Question for people who have revived a steam card invite from somebody. When you activated the invite, did you in turn receive some invites in your inventory? I'm trying to get a sense of how many of these things there are out there.

[quote name='Izod517']Free steam key for http://store.steampowered.com/app/24650/ to who-ever shoots me an invite. lolz.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, I'd do that.

Nevermind. I'm gonna buy a IG Mobile bundle from fox.

[quote name='The End']Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, I'd do that.[/QUOTE]
Just been added to the IG mobile bundle that's currently on.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I saw some guy offering a XCOM: EU gift. Wish I would get my invite, people are going crazy over this:lol:[/QUOTE]

You might end up in this next group going out since you opted in at 20,000.

[quote name='Palinn']You might end up in this next group going out since you opted in at 20,000.[/QUOTE]

so close, joined at 21,000 myself but I already got an invite thanks to Tsel. I guess they will get me on the next batch, hopefully they will give me some invites so I can share them here.

[quote name='Palinn']You might end up in this next group going out since you opted in at 20,000.[/QUOTE]

I signed up for the group using my secondary account and I was somewhere in the mid 8,000 range on that account. I didn't get an invite on that account yesterday. But I did just get one a few minutes ago with the new wave of invites. I was wondering if I was ineligible for that account (perhaps because of a one invite per IP address policy), but I now know that not to be the case.

So the first wave was less than the 8,500 or so position I was in the group with my secondary account. 5,000 or 7,500 sounds about right, but let's call it 8,000. So if we don't count people who were given an invite from a friend but would have been in this current wave, they're probably only up to about 18,000. If we do count those people though, maybe it might be as high as 20,000.

My guess is, he wont get in until the next wave. Which will probably come soon enough.

I got in! First two people to PM me their steam id will get an invite.

Edit: Codes are gone

Edit 2: If other CAGs get in the beta, please share invites. There is a whole line of people who would like an invite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun fact, my PC at home is idling TF2 for my weekly drops... and I added the beta to my library (thanks pltf!) remotely, and boom I already have TF2 cards popping up in my inventory.

Have you tried being in a game?

My TF2 idling has me on a 2-person server - but that's because it's what's required for weapons drops.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I still can't find a way to idle and get drops for DOTA. I bought an item in the marketplace and the official DOTA Valve store - still don't get anything.[/QUOTE]

Known Issues:
Not receiving game card drops in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2
Because Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 are free to play games, they use a slightly different mechanism for dropping cards. In order to receive card drops for these games, you must have made an in-game purchase at some point (or, in the case of Team Fortress 2, owned the game prior to the Free to Play release). Future in-game purchases will result in more card drops. You can see how many card drops you have remaining on your badges page. UPDATE: this does not seem to be granting drops properly right now (but we are tracking purchases). Hopefully we can resolve the issue by tomorrow.

I'm having no issue with TF2, but my TF2 comes from an Orange Box.

[quote name='Izod517']Known Issues:
Not receiving game card drops in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2
Because Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 are free to play games, they use a slightly different mechanism for dropping cards. In order to receive card drops for these games, you must have made an in-game purchase at some point (or, in the case of Team Fortress 2, owned the game prior to the Free to Play release). Future in-game purchases will result in more card drops. You can see how many card drops you have remaining on your badges page. UPDATE: this does not seem to be granting drops properly right now (but we are tracking purchases). Hopefully we can resolve the issue by tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

I guess DOTA is broken right now then. I'll test out a pre-F2P TF2.

Hydrophobia Prophecy is 75% off and I could post a link but I think some of us know this game and its app # well enough to conduct an aquatic sacrifice that requires a splash of numerology.

Damn it is going to be forever till I get into the Steam card thing, I joined the group around 50,500 :(

Tempted by the Sonic pack on Amazon, only have All stars racing and Generations+DLC hmm

Awesome, just got in! Will share some invites (keeping at least one to trade though;)), but dont PM me now because I'm not near a computer and would prefer not to have to sort through a billion messages.

Will post when I am able to share some (probably an hour or so), assuming they haven't opened the flood gates to everyone by then:lol:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Awesome, just got in! Will share some invites (keeping at least one to trade though;)), but dont PM me now because I'm not near a computer and would prefer not to have to sort through a billion messages.

Will post when I am able to share some (probably an hour or so), assuming they haven't opened the flood gates to everyone by then:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now that they're worthless on the marketplace, I should probably just give them away. Except, it's probably not even worth the effort. Everybody will be in by the end of the day.

I would assume most everyone that joined should have it fairly quickly. I was in around 35k or so and my account was converted while I was in the middle of a game of CS. Exited the game and had a card waiting when I didnt even know I was in the program yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back