The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vince_carter']i remember renting a disc based copy of doom 2 from a little computer shop in hoboken for $3 and i just never uninstalled it[/quote]

go to reddit with your thievery!!!!!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Oh give it a rest man.

You blatantly post about violating Gamersgate's terms of service by buying through the UK site and you do it yourself yet you want to nerd rage at people from other countries doing the same thing?

Hypocrisy at its finest. Can we just let people do what people will do without trying to get all high and mighty about it?[/QUOTE]

Too bad we've both been chewed up in the mighty Motoki ignoring machine, or he might have actually seen that.

[quote name='juanjava']But... But... but... MUD is one of the games on sale!

I know... Bad joke... I'm bored[/QUOTE]

You know what...

I liked it!

[quote name='vince_carter']i remember renting a disc based copy of DOOM 2 from a little computer shop in hoboken for $3 and i just never uninstalled it[/QUOTE]

The police should be arriving shortly.

I'm sorry, buddy, but we just can't condone that kind of behavior here.

[quote name='vince_carter']i remember renting a disc based copy of DOOM 2 from a little computer shop in hoboken for $3 and i just never uninstalled it[/QUOTE]

What happens in Hoboken stays in Hoboken.

Unless you're on the Jersey Shore, and then it gets televised.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Too bad we've both been chewed up in the mighty Motoki ignoring machine, or he might have actually seen that.[/QUOTE]

Fox is on his ignore list too? How did that happen? I thought Motoki & Fox were buds.

Though I guess that would explain how he just disregarded Fox chewing him out. I was wondering why he reacted to my post like that when what Fox said was a lot more scathing. I was downright diplomatic by comparison.

Seriously, I don't know how a person can function on a board when you've got half the regs on your ignore list.

[quote name='The End']Fox is on his ignore list too? How did that happen? I thought Motoki & Fox were buds.

Though I guess that would explain how he just disregarded Fox chewing him out. I was wondering why he went off on me when what Fox said was a lot more scathing. I was downright diplomatic by comparison.

Seriously, I don't know how a person can function on a board when you've got half the regs on your ignore list.[/QUOTE]

IIRC there was some drama on BGCQ that made it worse, but yeah Fox has been on his ignore list. If you disagree with Motoki enough, you WILL get put on his ignore list, guaranteed.

[quote name='The End']Fox is on his ignore list too? How did that happen? I thought Motoki & Fox were buds.

Though I guess that would explain how he just disregarded Fox chewing him out. I was wondering why he reacted to my post like that when what Fox said was a lot more scathing. I was downright diplomatic by comparison.

Seriously, I don't know how a person can function on a board when you've got half the regs on your ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I manage.

But TL;DR. I think Fox is a rude asshole, he thinks I'm a rude asshole. I tried to get the hell over it. Sim City and tada Fox is a rude asshole again so back to ignore. Back to how much I suck bla bla.

Rinse and repeat.

It wouldn't shock me if I'm getting bad mouthed left and right here and BGCQ (aka the let's bitch about CAG stuff group).

Eh.

I don't really keep track of how many times, but usually it goes like this:

1. Motoki unignores me.
2. Motoki takes offense to something I say and calls me a bitch or tells me to take midol.
3. Motoki waits for me to respond and then proclaims how he can't read what I posted because I am on ignore.

Rinse repeat.

It's a fun game he likes to play apparently because anyone who doesn't agree with him is some sort of jerk or asshole in his mind.

This time he took offense because of something I said about people who bought Sim City and were complaining about Origin's return policy. Of course, Motoki didn't buy Sim City, but somehow he took my opinion personal.

And for anyone interested, BGCQ is really drama free and has been ever since the queen left.

Lol. This is all I said to warrant an ignore.

[quote name='Preedatore']It's pop, and my copy of Simcity came in this afternoon. Tonight I shall see if the all the moaning is warranted.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']Actually, no, I'm really that disconnected from American media/mainstream. I never bothered looking into who Gaga was until the last year.

I just /facepalm at the Diablo 3 launch. I mean seriously, have they learned nothing from running WoW?[/quote]
I think companies sometimes just want to impose their own Draconian will - and that's it.

This. And runs without issue on modern systems.
Right - when I hear "HD Edition", I just think of upgraded graphics and/or high-res support....and that's it.
I expect the rest....to be the same, pretty much.

When I see the words "Enhanced Edition" (like say Witcher 1 + 2; Gothic 3 + Forsaken Gods), I expect the game to be MAJORLY overhauled & fixed in the actual engine itself; gameplay; bug-fixes; & MAYBE even also have HD graphics & high-res support.

[quote name='MysterD']I think companies sometimes just want to impose their own Draconian will - and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the old adage: "There is no such thing as bad press". So the community backlash became the story, all the while having thousands of news outlets blast EA's press releases, etc for all to read. Even though some of the news was from the "EA sucks" camp, most of it was the positive spin of "Overwhelming demand of the game..."

[quote name='MysterD']
Right - when I hear "HD Edition", I just think of upgraded graphics and/or high-res support....and that's it.
I expect the rest....to be the same, pretty much.

When I see the words "Enhanced Edition" (like say Witcher 1 + 2; Gothic 3 + Forsaken Gods), I expect the game to be MAJORLY overhauled & fixed in the actual engine itself; gameplay; bug-fixes; & MAYBE even also have HD graphics & high-res support.[/QUOTE]

I actually really like this trend of HD remakes. Kind of reminds me of what GOG was doing way back in the beginning just fixing compatibility issues. Remade graphics, high resolution support, and widescreen support are pretty much all I expect.

[quote name='Motoki']I
I do buy from Gamersgate.uk but the site allows you to do it (and blocks you from doing it if it's a game that truly is region locked). Also MysterD asked them if it was okay for non UK to buy from their UK site back when Sacred 2 went on sale and GG said it was.[/QUOTE]

S2: Gold was only a Securom-based key. There is really nothing else attached to it. There's no real say client-program housing all of your games to some account to it.
Securom keys normally DO NOT act like Steam keys....or keys from other account-based client-programs.

When you deal w/ Steam, Origin, or any other typical client-program -- yeah, you sometimes need to be careful if there's region locks and different versions; if all or some keys are worldwide keys; and stuff like that. Also, you need to be careful about losing your game b/c you bought it outside your region and/or possibly getting your game-account banned.

All you need to do is post this and "i remember" with an image of the cover of Doom 2 on Reddit and you'll hit FP in Gaming.

[quote name='Preedatore']Lol. This is all I said to warrant an ignore.[/QUOTE]

Well frankly dude, you kind of had it coming.

[quote name='asheskitty']Just curious, are you judging BoT from the cover art, or have you actually played the game or demo. (Or maybe not a fan of DMC-like games.)[/QUOTE]

oh no, I definitely don't have any problems with the cover art or the fact that the game features a scantly clad woman running around. Trust me on that.

Truthfully, I haven't played the game or demo. So my impessions of the game is based entirely on the the screenshots & video on steam as well as the fact that it's a DMC type game (which isn't really a favorite game style/sub-genre). Having said that, I wouldn't say I'm dead set against it or even repulsed by it. I would describe my feelings towards it as slightly below lukewarm. It's just that Sunghost seemed fairly enthusiastic about the game. So that's mostly what the discrepancy of opinions was about.

[quote name='MysterD']S2: Gold was only a Securom-based key. There is really nothing else attached to it. There's no real say client-program housing all of your games to some account to it.
Securom keys normally DO NOT act like Steam keys....or keys from other account-based client-programs.

When you deal w/ Steam, Origin, or any other typical client-program -- yeah, you sometimes need to be careful if there's region locks and different versions; if all or some keys are worldwide keys; and stuff like that. Also, you need to be careful about losing your game b/c you bought it outside your region and/or possibly getting your game-account banned.[/QUOTE]

Well there were different publishers (at the time) involved between the US and UK regions so I wasn't sure if that would be an issue but since GG said it wasn't then I went for it.

[quote name='The End']Well frankly dude, you kind of had it coming.
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, really? I hope you aren't serious. I've never made an effort to inflame someone or be disrespectful. Several times I've actually started typing up posts that I never actually posted due to an even minor chance of coming across wrong.

[quote name='Eldredpe']
You know what...

I liked it!
[/QUOTE]

:bouncy:

BTW, I bought this pad to make a pair with the CM Xornet Storm Mouse (which I LOVE, thanks all who told me to get it!) and complete the $25 for free shipping...

I always saw people using that kind of pad and saying its comfortable... I can't get use to it. I don't know If I'm doing something wrong, but I still prefer no pad... just the cold and heartless feel of the table

About Blades of Time: Just saw some gameplay videos and it seems fun, but... she's always speaking everything!! The voice acting is awful, and she's always saying something!! Is like that all the time?

[quote name='Preedatore']Hmmmm, really? I hope you aren't serious. I've never made an effort to inflame someone or be disrespectful. Several times I've actually started typing up posts that I never actually posted due to an even minor chance of coming across wrong.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I was kidding. ;)

EDIT: Though on second thought. Pop? Really? *Scrolls over to ignore button*

j/k

[quote name='Motoki']Well there were different publishers (at the time) involved between the US and UK regions so I wasn't sure if that would be an issue but since GG said it wasn't then I went for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the other thing - really glad GG said it was cool to go for it.

Even better when my push for getting the game to go DRM-FREE (since it had no Securom on Steam-version) there and then they added the DRM-FREE Edition to our GG accounts for free. :D

I also remember a few times I asked GG about "Plz put Krater on sale" - and one day, it went on sale and they sent me a Twitter to let me know "Krater's on sale."

Except for the Bethesda-keys madness (and leaving people hanging for a while), they can be pretty good about customer-support type of things... :D

[quote name='Preedatore']Hmmmm, really? I hope you aren't serious. I've never made an effort to inflame someone or be disrespectful. Several times I've actually started typing up posts that I never actually posted due to an even minor chance of coming across wrong.[/QUOTE]

I believe that this ...

*puts on sunglasses*

... is The End for you, my friend.

YEAHHHH!!!

p.s. think I did tht right.

[quote name='The End']Nah, I was kidding. ;)

EDIT: Though on second thought. Pop? Really? *Scrolls over to ignore button*

j/k
[/QUOTE]

It's pop you idi-, errrrr... I respect your opinion and value it immensely, regardless of it's validity.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn_o_519067.jpg

Also to stay on the topic of steam sales. I would like to point out that World of Conflict is currently a decent price due to it being ubi weekend.

[quote name='juanjava']:bouncy:

BTW, I bought this pad to make a pair with the CM Xornet Storm Mouse (which I LOVE, thanks all who told me to get it!) and complete the $25 for free shipping...

I always saw people using that kind of pad and saying its comfortable... I can't get use to it. I don't know If I'm doing something wrong, but I still prefer no pad... just the cold and heartless feel of the table

About Blades of Time: Just saw some gameplay videos and it seems fun, but... she's always speaking everything!! The voice acting is awful, and she's always saying something!! Is like that all the time?[/QUOTE]

You know, I never used one of those pads, though I've been tempted to use some of those wrist gloves to avoid carpal tunnel sometimes. Glad to hear you are loving the Xornet. I've actually put mine through hell this week due to drops n stuff and still running strong. I recently bought a CM Lapdesk with a fan and it has done wonders on bringing down the heat on my laptop. I guess I'm a coolermaster fanboy now :)

[quote name='Terlan']
some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn_o_519067.jpg

Also to stay on the topic of steam sales. I would like to point out that World of Conflict is currently a decent price due to it being ubi weekend.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it will drop more during the weekend?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You know, I never used one of those pads, though I've been tempted to use some of those wrist gloves to avoid carpal tunnel sometimes. Glad to hear you are loving the Xornet. I've actually put mine through hell this week due to drops n stuff and still running strong. I recently bought a CM Lapdesk with a fan and it has done wonders on bringing down the heat on my laptop. I guess I'm a coolermaster fanboy now :)[/QUOTE]

Now that I think of it, I could bought a lapdesk for my wife's macbook pro...

[quote name='Preedatore']I wonder if it will drop more during the weekend?[/QUOTE]

Additional drops usually happen if it has a dedicated day. World in Conflict probably will not get an additional discount.

I tried the demo of Anno 2070 today, and I quite liked it. But why is the base price so high still? It's not just high on steam either, amazon and ubishop both have the digital version at $50 msrp. I'd consider buying it if the package was cheaper, but $35 for the complete game is just too much.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Additional drops usually happen if it has a dedicated day. World in Conflict probably will not get an additional discount.[/QUOTE]

It's Ubi, so we'll definitely get a Tom Clancy and a Prince of Persia day, right?

What else, do you think? Far Cry? Ass Creed?

To anyone who wanted to try The Settlers 7 demo, don't. It's been shut down for almost 2 years and I wasted 2.5gb of bandwidth to download it. Why demo sites still have it up for download doesn't make any sense to me.

[quote name='Eldredpe']It's Ubi, so we'll definitely get a Tom Clancy and a Prince of Persia day, right?

What else, do you think? Far Cry? Ass Creed?[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for a Watch Dogs day... ;)

[quote name='Eldredpe']It's Ubi, so we'll definitely get a Tom Clancy and a Prince of Persia day, right?

What else, do you think? Far Cry? Ass Creed?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Genocidal']Assassin's Creed is a lock, imo. I could also see Far Cry, PoP, Clancy, or Might and Magic getting their own days.[/QUOTE]

Really looking forward to 75% AC pack, prolly won't include the third though, on that vein, Far Cry 3 is not discounted right so even if it gets a day I don't think it will go higher than 33%.

Hope so though.

[quote name='plft']I tried the demo of Anno 2070 today, and I quite liked it. But why is the base price so high still? It's not just high on steam either, amazon and ubishop both have the digital version at $50 msrp. I'd consider buying it if the package was cheaper, but $35 for the complete game is just too much.[/QUOTE]

Because its Ubi.
While Borderlands 2 and XCOM i have played. I have not played Far Cry 3.

I think this is a fair assessment

Anno Day
Prince of Persia Day (All 75%)
Far Cry 3 Day (Especially since it has no discount - probably a 33%)
Tom Clancy Day (All 75%)
Ass Creed Day (Iffy on a 50% on AC:III, 75% on other titles; maybe AC:R will hover at 66%)

Might and Magic is a strong contender and could beat out PoP day. Driver seems doubtful. Rayman seems doubtful. Everything else is extremely unlikely.

But who knows.... we'll have a From Dust day and I'll have to do the walk of shame.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I think this is a fair assessment

Anno Day
Prince of Persia Day
Far Cry 3 Day
Tom Clancy Day
Ass Creed Day

Might and Magic is a strong contender and could beat out PoP day.[/QUOTE]
I suspect it will since the new Might and Magic stand alone is coming out in May.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I think this is a fair assessment

Anno Day
Prince of Persia Day (All 75%)
Far Cry 3 Day (Especially since it has no discount - probably a 33%)
Tom Clancy Day (All 75%)
Ass Creed Day (Iffy on a 50% on AC:III, 75% on other titles; maybe AC:R will hover at 66%)

Might and Magic is a strong contender and could beat out PoP day. Driver seems doubtful. Rayman seems doubtful. Everything else is extremely unlikely.

But who knows.... we'll have a From Dust day and I'll have to do the walk of shame.[/QUOTE]

So no Petz day? Damn. :lol:

In all seriousness though I kind of want the Petz Pack but come on now, 35% off? And it's now just this sale. It never goes below that price. EVER.

http://www.steamgamesales.com/aF562/petz-pack

[quote name='Terlan']I suspect it will since the new Might and Magic stand alone is coming out in May.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, that's actually 40% off now as a pre-order. Some people on Reddit thought it was a price mistake but if so it's been up for a while now.

[quote name='Motoki']So no Petz day? Damn. :lol:

In all seriousness though I kind of want the Petz Pack but come on now, 35% off? And it's now just this sale. It never goes below that price. EVER.

[/QUOTE]

Hmm... dunno if my computer can run this.

2i8aap.jpg

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Hmm... dunno if my computer can run this.

2i8aap.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Grumpy looking flat faced cat in a hat? Seems like that would be right up Captain Urahara's alley.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm hoping for a Watch Dogs day... ;)[/QUOTE]

As much as I think this looks good, and it does look good, I can't help but feel the hype is overblown a bit.

I wonder when this will get the proper preview treatment so we can get some firm details?

[quote name='vince_carter']speaking of which have any of you guys tried brutal doom? it's balls to the wall crazy[/QUOTE]

I have and it is truly awesome. Works on Doom2 as well.

[quote name='Preedatore']As much as I think this looks good, and it does look good, I can't help but feel the hype is overblown a bit.

I wonder when this will get the proper preview treatment so we can get some firm details?[/QUOTE]
I think one of the reasons that it is getting a lot of hype is it's actually different. It's not just a generic FPS, it's not a generic action game, it's something new and unique.

I really hope this game is going to deliver what they promise. Not just because I want a good game, but I just hope this next gen doesn't turn out to be just same gameplay but with better graphics.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Hmm... dunno if my computer can run this.

2i8aap.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Good Lord . . . is that Wilford Brimley?

[quote name='Motoki']Grumpy looking flat faced cat in a hat? Seems like that would be right up Captain Urahara's alley.[/QUOTE]
Christmas Grump is amused.
Actually he's still grumpy

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Good Lord . . . is that Wilford Brimley?
[/quote]
LOL @ that.
All I can think of is the Family Guy episode w/ Brimley.

Quietly adding someone to an ignore list is certainly more polite than and a better choice than just flaming away at those who annoy you--especially if everything and everyone is starting to annoy you. I say that as someone who is currently avoiding a long-time regular forum hangout because everything and everyone there is annoying me.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
You blatantly post about violating Gamersgate's terms of service by buying through the UK site and you do it yourself yet you want to nerd rage at people from other countries doing the same thing?[/QUOTE]

I see nothing restricting use of Gamersgate to specific regions in its terms of service. (Interestingly, I do see that both the US and UK sites say that legal jurisdiction is considered to be in the state of New York.) With the terms of service they have posted I don't see any equivalence here.

Also, I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but the problem I see isn't so much with people ignoring terms of use but with people not keeping it on the down-low.

[quote name='Genocidal']Assassin's Creed is a lock, imo. I could also see Far Cry, PoP, Clancy, or Might and Magic getting their own days.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me. Aren't we due for some Assassin's Creed discussion?

AC: Brotherhood is turning out to be one big and long game. I haven't hit 50% yet, and I'm over 30 hours in.

[quote name='gilby']
That reminds me. Aren't we due for some Assassin's Creed discussion?[/quote]
Sure, why not? ;)

AC: Brotherhood is turning out to be one big and long game. I haven't hit 50% yet, and I'm over 30 hours in.
Yeah, I really loved both AC2 + ACB.
I don't think you can go wrong w/ those two AC games.

[quote name='gilby']Quietly adding someone to an ignore list is certainly more polite than and a better choice than just flaming away at those who annoy you--especially if everything and everyone is starting to annoy you. I say that as someone who is currently avoiding a long-time regular forum hangout because everything and everyone there is annoying me.

I see nothing restricting use of Gamersgate to specific regions in its terms of service. (Interestingly, I do see that both the US and UK sites say that legal jurisdiction is considered to be in the state of New York.) With the terms of service they have posted I don't see any equivalence here.

Also, I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but the problem I see isn't so much with people ignoring terms of use but with people not keeping it on the down-low.

That reminds me. Aren't we due for some Assassin's Creed discussion?

AC: Brotherhood is turning out to be one big and long game. I haven't hit 50% yet, and I'm over 30 hours in.[/QUOTE]

Look, I get it, you and Motoki are best buds so you defend him. No problem. I don't really care who ignores who or why and I don't take anything on here personally at all nor do I care to keep a discussion going that should have never started to begin with. Nothing personal, no offense taken.

I only started playing AC1 and I like what I played so far, but I was playing with KB/M and it really felt like a game that would be most enjoyable with a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back