The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Junpei']I'm among those who liked Bioshock 2[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it too. I was stoked to experience the new "perspective" and was disappointed to find out it was a whole lot like the old one. However, the real stars of the game are the environments and nutty inhabitants and there were plenty of those to go around again.

[quote name='utopianmachine']That moment when I'm considering buying Deadlight and see it's already in my Steam account. :D[/QUOTE]

I think about half of us are in that same boat.

[quote name='jshackles']I tried playing Bioshock 1 the other night, because I've never played any of the series. I purchased an AMD graphics card and will be getting Bioshock Infinite for free, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I wasn't able to get sound to work after the initial cutscene. I tried about 10 different fixes that were proposed in the Steam forum, but none of them worked. Finally gave up and uninstalled. Not sure if I'll be redeeming my code or selling it.[/QUOTE]

No reason to get rid of Infinite just because you didn't play the first 2. There is no continuity between the games, unless there is something they've kept under wraps.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I wish Minerva's Den would come to Steam. :([/QUOTE]

You can get it through GFWL and use it with a steam copy of Bioshock 2. If I remember right it's $5. It's well worth it and arguably better than the base game.

[quote name='Preedatore']No reason to get rid of Infinite just because you didn't play the first 2. There is no continuity between the games, unless there is something they've kept under wraps.[/QUOTE]

Hmm didn't know that either. I guess I just assumed it was all in the same world.

ALSO: not that this has (yet) been announced for Steam but this is some of the best gaming news I've seen all day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6d1A2row6I

[quote name='Mooby']Deadlight was part of that Microsoft indie bundle on Amazon a lot of people got for $5 after coupon. Played it for a couple of hours, it has nice visuals and atmosphere but I found the gameplay (queue rolleyes) generic and boring. Something I'd want to experience as a movie/mini-series or graphic novel but as a game it's 'meh.'
[/QUOTE]

I only eyeroll when you're being Mooby-ish, Mooby.

That was a perfectly good description of the game.

I'd rather watch it than play it, too.

[quote name='Jon7']You can get it through GFWL and use it with a steam copy of Bioshock 2. If I remember right it's $5. It's well worth it and arguably better than the base game.[/QUOTE]

I will have to do that sometime.

[quote name='juanjava']La-mulana is available for pre purchase on steam[/QUOTE]

Cool! That also gives us Groupees "Build a Greenlight" bundle buyers about a month to get our Steam keys hopefully!

[quote name='jshackles']Hmm didn't know that either. I guess I just assumed it was all in the same world.

ALSO: not that this has (yet) been announced for Steam but this is some of the best gaming news I've seen all day:

[/QUOTE]

If they're going to remake DuckTales for the PC it should be this one.

[youtube]iRQbC1qclEU[/youtube]

[quote name='hal']I enjoyed it too. I was stoked to experience the new "perspective" and was disappointed to find out it was a whole lot like the old one. However, the real stars of the game are the environments and nutty inhabitants and there were plenty of those to go around again.[/QUOTE]

It was ok. It lacks a lot of the memorable characters and story elements.

Cohen
hands down, drove the story of the first Bioshock. Add to that, the mystery of Big Daddy and Little Sisters. And "would you kindly...".

The second one introduced what? Exactly.

[quote name='jshackles']ALSO: not that this has (yet) been announced for Steam but this is some of the best gaming news I've seen all day:

*video snip*[/QUOTE]

I loved Ducktales! I'd like to see that on Steam. I am amazed they can remake Ducktales but not make MegaMan Legends 3 :roll:

[quote name='hal']omg spoilers :lol: Don't click on those achievement lists if you are the one person who has never played FFVII and plan to do so one day.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, that will only work if you purchase it Day1 and charge through it. Otherwise there's the chance that your Steam friend activity log will show someone else getting it.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I loved Ducktales! I'd like to see that on Steam. I am amazed they can remake Ducktales but not make MegaMan Legends 3 :roll:[/QUOTE]

I know, right?

I'm not sure if I'm liking the trend of Android games coming to Steam with ridiculous pricing. Case in point, the newly released Cut the Rope. Isn't this $0.99 on the Google Play store? How do they possibly think that $9.99 is a good price point for a PC release. Even at 50% off, it's too expensive. Hell, I wouldn't even buy it at 75% off.

91% off or bust! Which would coincidentally make it the correct price of $0.99. ;)

Ducktales is OK, but I'm more stoked on Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara which was also announced for PC. Hopefully Capcom's recent love affair with Steam continues.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Ducktales is OK, but I'm more stoked on Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara which was also announced for PC. Hopefully Capcom's recent love affair with Steam continues.[/QUOTE]

Me too I love the fact the D&D arcade games are being released at home for the first time! :D

[quote name='elessar123']It was ok. It lacks a lot of the memorable characters and story elements.

Cohen
hands down, drove the story of the first Bioshock. Add to that, the mystery of Big Daddy and Little Sisters. And "would you kindly...".
[/quote]
Bioshock 1 is just amazing - point blank.

The second one introduced what? Exactly.

Double-wielding of weapons; and a few new gameplay enemies (i.e. Big Sisters).

Bioshock 1 -> SP obviously tells a much better story. No doubt about it. One of the best games ever made, IMHO.

Bioshock 2 -> SP had better feeling combat, but the story and characters were just not even close to Bioshock 1's level. And - Bioshock 2 also suffers from a good deal of "a lot more of the same."
Introduced a new MP - MP was decent; but that's about it.Big mistake - introducing G4WL. No - just no!
Unfortunately - never played Minerva's Den.

[quote name='jshackles']I know, right?

I'm not sure if I'm liking the trend of Android games coming to Steam with ridiculous pricing. Case in point, the newly released Cut the Rope. Isn't this $0.99 on the Google Play store? How do they possibly think that $9.99 is a good price point for a PC release. Even at 50% off, it's too expensive. Hell, I wouldn't even buy it at 75% off.

91% off or bust! Which would coincidentally make it the correct price of $0.99. ;)[/QUOTE]

it just means it will be in the next humble android bundle

[quote name='elessar123']The second one introduced what? Exactly.[/QUOTE]

Not much, to be honest. I remember very little about the story (which says something) whereas I remember the first very well. I do recall enjoying the combat in BioShock 2.

[quote name='jshackles']
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding this move as well. I guess they assume there is a big untapped PC market where .99 is a stupidly low price. I've played Cut the Rope all I want on my phone and I can't imagine it playing any better with a mouse/keyboard. Zero incentive to pay ten times the price.

[quote name='XIGRIMxREAPERIX']AND THIS IS CRAZY!
so call me maybe?

So I apparently cant play batman arkham city.... The game just crashes when I start it up.[/QUOTE]

That's just the first Riddler challenge. The game is very meta.

[quote name='omgoblins']Looking for a trade...[/QUOTE]

This isn't a trade thread. Those are in the subforum you linked to, so you already know that. Try the Steam thread in the master trade lists over there.

[quote name='louiedog']That's just the first Riddler challenge. The game is very meta.[/QUOTE]
HA I WAS NOT FOOLED! I had to go to the game file itself and load it from there.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Rescue Rangers or GTFO[/QUOTE]

Fo reals.

I love how our forum software will hold a multi-quote for days, but if you walk away from your CP for 10 minutes, it assumes you caught up with all the new posts without having clicked on a single damn thing.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Good software eh?[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly recommend it. Easy to use, does a great job of helping visualize your budget and seeing where your money is going, and instead of reactively putting your money into various buckets, you tell it how much you want to budget to various areas and then pull money from those budget areas.

If you aren't sure at the $20 price and want to wait for the next sale, there's a 34 day trial to let you budget out a full month plus, and the dev is extremely active on the Steam forums.

Anybody have any indie gems to recommend? Like 60 hours of Terraria for 2.50$ type o deals? I need to buy something.
Might try out Valley of Wind 2, looks kind of addictive.

Wishing I bought Gnomaria while it was on indie game stand. Along with quite a few other steam indie's that are popping up daily as of late.
However, I did get Anodyne, La Maluna, Kenshi.

Anodyne is available on Steam! Now waiting the steam key... was it from Humble Store or IGS?

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Anybody have any indie gems to recommend? Like 60 hours of Terraria for 2.50$ type o deals?
Might try out Valley of Wind 2, looks kind of addictive.

Wishing I bought Gnomaria while it was on indie game stand. Along with quite a few other steam indie's that are popping up daily as of late.
However, I did get Anodyne, La Maluna, Kenshi.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing AVWW 2 and is awesome!... just ask for recommendations on certain games, there are about 100 on sale and I don't know which ones you have :)

So I was browsing the indie games and apperenently they have war Z up for sale again for 0% off.... why have that game in a sale, not on sale... better yet why still sell that piece of garbage.

[quote name='juanjava']Anodyne is available on Steam! Now waiting the steam key... was it from Humble Store or IGS?
[/QUOTE]

Humble Bundle store. Just checked my page, no key. Probably going to take a few days.

Also, here's a steam code for Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP: GEBGN-9EHDR-PM82D

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Humble Bundle store. Just checked my page, no key. Probably going to take a few days.

Also, here's a steam code for Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP: GEBGN-9EHDR-PM82D[/QUOTE]

Snagged Superbrothers. Thank you, figured enough time had passed that I wasn't even going to try to redeem it.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Humble Bundle store. Just checked my page, no key. Probably going to take a few days.

Also, here's a steam code for Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP: GEBGN-9EHDR-PM82D[/QUOTE]

The dev stated he couldn't find a way to generate keys, which explains why there aren't any keys yet. He emailed Steam for more info.

[quote name='spoderman']The dev stated he couldn't find a way to generate keys, which explains why there aren't any keys yet. He emailed Steam for more info.[/QUOTE]

It's nice they'll give Steam keys to early buyers :)

Whew. Doesn't look like I missed Patterns or Prison Architect in any cheap bundles. Those look good. Check out the price on prison architect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew Duck Tales on NES inside out, forward and backward. Pretty sure I still have the game entirely memorized including hidden treasures and rooms. But I'm still looking forward to playing this rerelease.

Thanks to The End for his simple fix, I was able to put in about 3 hours of Bioshock 1. It's a pretty competent shooter, but I constantly feel like I'm running out of ammo / scrounging to survive. But no matter - it's fun. I'm on Spring Break for the next 9 days so I'm going to try to finish 1 / 2 / possibly Infinite in the next week. :)

[quote name='jshackles']Thanks to The End for his simple fix, I was able to put in about 3 hours of Bioshock 1. It's a pretty competent shooter, but I constantly feel like I'm running out of ammo / scrounging to survive. But no matter - it's fun. I'm on Spring Break for the next 9 days so I'm going to try to finish 1 / 2 / possibly Infinite in the next week. :)[/QUOTE]
I had the exact opposite issue, constantly running out of room for all the ammo I fell over. Then again I did spec more towards the wrench. Enjoy your first time through the game, but don't burn yourself out if you decide to play 2 right after 1.

On A Valley Without Wind, I recall the first one being a mess of ideas that didn't really meld together, how does the second one do at that? Is it a more competent game?

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Whew. Doesn't look like I missed Patterns or Prison Architect in any cheap bundles. Those look good. Check out the price on prison architect.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't resist Prison Architect anyway, looks damn good :)

[quote name='plft']I had the exact opposite issue, constantly running out of room for all the ammo I fell over. Then again I did spec more towards the wrench. Enjoy your first time through the game, but don't burn yourself out if you decide to play 2 right after 1.

On A Valley Without Wind, I recall the first one being a mess of ideas that didn't really meld together, how does the second one do at that? Is it a more competent game?[/QUOTE]

According to the Metacritic reviews, it looks better and has a great soundtrack but suffers from some of the same problems the first one did, largely due to the procedurally-generated nature of most aspects of the game. It sounded to me like you spend too much time doing SNES-type "fun" which I didn't like back when it was popular, so it's a pass for me even at $3.

EDIT: And in replying to posts, I forgot the whole reason for coming to the thread. I am sometimes completely oblivious, and in the even other CAGs here are as well, I'd like to share what I learned quite late to the party I can only assume...After reading the description of this Postal 2 steamgift, I learned that previous Groupees Be Mine 3 bundle buyers got Steam codes for Postal 2 as well... You can get your's here if anyone was in the dark about this like I was...

https://secure.desura.com/cart/cdkeys
^Find the game, click "Request Key", redeem on Steam, and done!

[quote name='Blade']Get Telltale Game's TWD if you want a good game. Avoid all the hastily-made rubbish.[/QUOTE]
www.gamefly.com/Download-The-Walking-Dead/5003915/
Good timing to sugest, as its at a pretty decent price on gamefly, $7.64 after SLICKSPRING10
Sinful Source ->
slickdeals.net/permadeal/91836/gamefly-pc-digital-download-games-extra-10-off-the-walking-dead-7.65-torchlight-ii

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm wondering if they'll add more games. Didn't they last time? All I want for now is Lume. I may see if hubby wants Spellforce.[/QUOTE]
Thats what I'm worried about; so I'm waiting till closer to the end

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I believe the site to register pre-2008 games has been taken down. It used to be here: https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do

Now it just redirects to the Origin account sign up. I recommend contacting support for help.[/QUOTE]
DAMMIT, now I can't register ma Battlefieldz 1920 million

[quote name='plft']Hydrophobia is on sale for $.99. I think I might finally bite.[/QUOTE]
Been said enough, but to say it again, its actually a decent game. Only major flaw is that its basically an episode 1 of a never complete episodic series.

[quote name='Preedatore']No reason to get rid of Infinite just because you didn't play the first 2. There is no continuity between the games, unless there is something they've kept under wraps.[/QUOTE]
Ya, one might as well say fuck it to bioshock 1 & 2 if you haven't played System Shock, by the logic of getting rid of Infinite based on similar logic.

[quote name='XIGRIMxREAPERIX'][quote name='Larce80']Hey, I just met you[/QUOTE]AND THIS IS CRAZY!
so call me maybe?
[/QUOTE]
Warning...epic awesomeness or gut wrenching sinful ear pain ahead...its still undecided among the Internet Gods...
https://soundcloud.com/pomdeterrific/pomdeter-call-me-a-hole

Just FYI, La Mulana is a masterpiece. It's everything good about indie gaming, except that it is such a daunting undertaking that those that finish it will be a slim minority of those that actually play it.

But I think even tasting such masterwork is worth the price of admission. It's not a pile of instant-kills and identical rolling/circle-strafing combat like Dark Souls. You can actually take quite a bit of punishment and escape quite easily, but you are waging campaigns against daunting, enormous, puzzle-filled levels. It's just a fantastic piece of work.

Today's deal is Empire: Total War at 75% off ($3.74)

DLC is on sale
Collection w/ DLC is $7.49

Total War Master Collection - $22.49
  • Medieval II: Total War™
  • Rome: Total War™
  • Empire: Total War™
  • Napoleon: Total War™
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2
  • Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai
  • Viking: Battle for Asgard
  • Total War Battles: SHOGUN

[quote name='Woodlands']Did the sale percentage for Chaos on Deponia actually go down for the daily deal? I could have sworn in it was -50% earlier.[/QUOTE]
It's been 25% since the first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back