The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JakeNome']a better april fools joke would be if the bundle was legit and only lasted a few hours. that way everyone would kick themselves for not getting in on it.[/QUOTE]

Like when Google actually shipped their 2011 April Fool joke? I still have mine.

[youtube]RjbkAECbDBE[/youtube]

[quote name='DonRamon']The same meaningless straw man argument used to justify activision in the Diablo 3 debacle.
[/QUOTE]

What?

Do you just look for chances to bring an always online DRM game into any argument, regardless of relevance?

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Even though it took several months and several patches, at least SR3 is playable on most systems now. GTA IV has been out for 6 years and Rockstar has not fixed it yet. I applaud 2K for their fantastic PC support.[/QUOTE]

2K still hasn't released a patch for NBA2K13, and that has been out for half a freaking year.

tumblr_lyajltGniQ1qlqw52o1_400.jpg

Ginger King Carrot Top declares all ginger talk remain soulless and irrelevant, like the evil husks it encompasses. For the love of his hypodermic needle-mollified ass-cheeks, please refrain from implying thread-relevant context to these pasty-fleshed mutants.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Lol at the dead space note.

All this talk about how shitty the GTA is on pc makes me kinda sad I picked up the steam sale. Are the episodes just as badly ported?[/QUOTE]

I had no problems playing GTA4 and the DLC episodes on a Athlon x2 7750 and Geforce 9600 gt. I was playing at a relatively low resolution at the time.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Lol at the dead space note.

All this talk about how shitty the GTA is on pc makes me kinda sad I picked up the steam sale. Are the episodes just as badly ported?[/QUOTE]

Which GTA? GTA4 looks like crap on consoles, way too much blur filter. It looks much better on PC and while it doesn't run perfectly, it does run better than the console versions. It's not a great port, but it's not that bad..

[quote name='Eldredpe']What?

Do you just look for chances to bring an always online DRM game into any argument, regardless of relevance?[/QUOTE]

What??

Do you just look for chances to start a flame war out of an argument, regardless of relevance??

[quote name='louiedog']Like when Google actually shipped their 2011 April Fool joke? I still have mine.

[youtube]RjbkAECbDBE[/youtube][/QUOTE]

Lol, I still have mine too. In fact, I never even realized they were intended to be an April Fools joke.

[quote name='DonRamon']What??

Do you just look for chances to start a flame war out of an argument, regardless of relevance??[/QUOTE]

You brought Diablo 3 up as though it was obviously relevant in a discussion about the merits and sales of Grand Theft Auto IV and Saints Row the Third, referring to GTA IV's 25 million sales as a meaningless straw man argument.

:roll:

[quote name='Tsel']Hmm.. interesting. Did we get Steam keys for it?[/QUOTE]

Not yet.

It was greenlit but it hasn't actually hit the store yet.

[quote name='Jon7']With GTA 5 coming out this year, I think they'll be okay ;)[/QUOTE]

Is PC version coming this year? Next year? Or "who knows?"

[quote name='Eldredpe']You brought Diablo 3 up as though it was obviously relevant in a discussion about the merits and sales of Grand Theft Auto IV and Saints Row the Third, referring to GTA IV's 25 million sales as a meaningless straw man argument.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

OMG you really want to engage me in a pissing contest, blizzy fanboy, eh??

Amount of sold copies means shit when speaking about the quality of a game, if it did then COD or Madden latest version would be the greatest games of all time.

Now, find a different person to try and defend the activision blizzard and the wonders of always on, you seem to be needing it.

[quote name='DonRamon']OMG you really want to engage me in a pissing contest, blizzy fanboy, eh??

Amount of sold copies means shit when speaking about the quality of a game, if it did then COD or Madden latest version would be the greatest games of all time.

Now, find a different person to try and defend the activision blizzard and the wonders of always on, you seem to be needing it.[/QUOTE]

Dude, drop it. He's not defending anyone. He just said the Diablo 3 issue isn't the same as the SR3/GTAIV issues being discussed. And even if he were defending them, you accomplish nothing by getting all up in arms over it. Chill.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Dude, drop it. He's not defending anyone. He just said the Diablo 3 issue isn't the same as the SR3/GTAIV issues being discussed. And even if he were defending them, you accomplish nothing by getting all up in arms over it. Chill.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't surprise me, he's notorious for these sorts of things.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Dude, drop it. He's not defending anyone. He just said the Diablo 3 issue isn't the same as the SR3/GTAIV issues being discussed. And even if he were defending them, you accomplish nothing by getting all up in arms over it. Chill.[/QUOTE]

He is attacking me for something I didn't say.

[quote name='Severose']Doesn't surprise me, he's notorious for these sorts of things.[/QUOTE]

I'm notorious on CAG?! WTF?

:roll:

[quote name='DonRamon']I'm notorious on CAG?! WTF?

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. I haven't the faintest idea who you are. You can feel better now.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Goodness, two rewards already unlocked despite not being announced. The Steam love is strong still I see. $30 is way too much for the third episode when the first two were like $20 on release.[/QUOTE]

Remember what today is.......:lol:

I'm a big fan of Nancy Drew - Legend of the Crystal Skull according to Steam also. :lol:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Goodness, two rewards already unlocked despite not being announced. The Steam love is strong still I see. $30 is way too much for the third episode when the first two were like $20 on release.

Edit:

Ha - I got fooled![/QUOTE]

I think they might throw in HL3 and HL4 for unlocks. ;)

[quote name='styl3s']Quality wise GTA4 was superior in every way. It was more polished, better story, better VO.

But they are also completely different games. GTA went for a more hyper realistic style as where SR went balls to the wall crazyness. I enjoyed both games. GTA5 looks to be another hyper realistic summer blockbuster action film style game where as SR4 again balls to the wall crazy. Completely different beast.[/QUOTE]
Eh, while they do have different themes, completely disagreed with the quality. Hell, I'd even say SR2 kicks any GTA game's ass.

Not to mention Rockstar needs to learn how to port their shit. SR2 is an awful port, but I got it running pretty damn good with minimal effort.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
Not to mention Rockstar needs to learn how to port their shit. [/QUOTE]

I disagree, as Bully is a perfectly fine PC port, and that's the only Rockstar game that matters. ;)

[quote name='Eldredpe']I disagree, as Bully is a perfectly fine PC port, and that's the only Rockstar game that matters. ;)[/QUOTE]

I wish they'd go ahead and announce a sequel already. I like the summer camp idea that many have floated. It's also got the best soundtrack of any games that Rockstar puts out.

[youtube]xmqbIUa8RcA[/youtube]

[quote name='Eldredpe']I disagree, as Bully is a perfectly fine PC port, and that's the only Rockstar game that matters. ;)[/QUOTE]
I've heard of a lot of issues with that game on the PC. I even recall someone here saying they couldn't get it running after trying every fix.

Oh man, Bully a fine pc port. Best joke I've heard all day.

Bully is by far the WORST PC PORT OF ALL TIME. I only spent 5 dollars on it but I feel like I was robbed of my dignity, my childhood, and my love for video games.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I've heard of a lot of issues with that game on the PC. I even recall someone here saying they couldn't get it running after trying every fix.[/QUOTE]

I tried to get Bully to run on my computer and it fried my ROM and burnt my RAM, not to mention it made all my gigabytes disappear. I just play it on my much superior Wii (non-U).

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I tried to get Bully to run on my computer and it fried my ROM and burnt my RAM, not to mention it made all my gigabytes disappear. I just play it on my much superior Wii (non-U).[/QUOTE]
At least the fatherboard is alright.

[quote name='NEP']Oh man, Bully a fine pc port. Best joke I've heard all day.

Bully is by far the WORST PC PORT OF ALL TIME. I only spent 5 dollars on it but I feel like I was robbed of my dignity, my childhood, and my love for video games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

My old PC that was WAY over the system requirements specs back then just wouldn't run it, no matter what I tried.
Sound errors; infinite load times; crash to desktop; and other madness.
This was before and after all of the patches that were released.

Go figure - my Win 7 PC booted it fine.

Speaking only from personal experience, Bully runs on my PC with literally zero issues.

Clearly that's not the case for anyone else.

Regardless, I only made the comment to squeeze Bully into the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back