The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
GFWL is the venal sin. The cardinal sin of Bioshock 1 and 2 is Securom. Have to remove both in addition to adding the superb Minerva's Den to Steam for me to consider.

[quote name='Rsmobile']GFWL is the venal sin. The cardinal sin of Bioshock 1 and 2 is Securom. Have to remove both in addition to adding the superb Minerva's Den to Steam for me to consider.[/QUOTE]It has already been removed from the Steam version of BS1.

[quote name='Rsmobile']GFWL is the venal sin. The cardinal sin of Bioshock 1 and 2 is Securom. Have to remove both in addition to adding the superb Minerva's Den to Steam for me to consider.[/QUOTE]

GRWL isn't that bad once the game decides to work but for old games (*cough* GTA IV) it is a b!tch to get working.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']GRWL isn't that bad once the game decides to work but for old games (*cough* GTA IV) it is a b!tch to get working.[/QUOTE]
The newer SSA (key locked to account, no activation limit) variant isn't all that bad, but the older one definitely is (has an activation limit.)

[quote name='MysterD']Why?[/QUOTE]
I don't think that any official reason was given. Speculation seems to be that there were issues with it and Windows 7 - which, if true, sounds like a stupid reason. (Supposedly the main W7 issue can be avoided by tweaking some config file/s... in the same way that you may have to with GRID.)

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Eh, it's the cheapest Sherlock Holmes has been. I'll probably pick it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It'll be $20 and 75% off pretty soon.[/QUOTE]

Considering I haven't touched any of the other Sherlock Holmes games after buying the previously complete pack, I think I'll wait for that $5 price. I really should get to those some day. I loves me some Sherlocking.

[quote name='MysterD']No surprise - looks pretty good.

I so hope this GTA5 gets a PC port.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they already confirm it was? Maybe I'm mistaken though.

[quote name='hollowfreak']If anyone was going to purchase Lone Survivor, and doesn't have Super Meat Boy and Braid, PM me, I still have an unused steam key for Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid from the Humble Indie Bundle V and I only need Lone Survivor, have the other two.[/QUOTE]

Same as above for me as well. If you don't have SMB and Braid and planned on buying Lone Survivor, I'll trade a key for a copy of Lone Survivor.

Dirt was yanked in fall. Probably a vehicle licensing issue. It runs just fine for me on win seven. Based on Colin McRae 2005, don't expect dirt to come back.

There seems to be some belief that gta v will see ps4 and PC release by Xmas.

[quote name='MysterD']No surprise - looks pretty good.

I so hope this GTA5 gets a half decent PC port that doesn't take up 35+ gigs to install, and doesn't have all the bugs of launch GTA IV PC Port ....and Red Dead Redemption, too.[/QUOTE]
Fixed ;).

[quote name='Detruire']35GB? So what?[/quote]
If it's 35 GB, it's 35 GB...oh well. {Shrug}
It'll just be a download and a half...and then some.

If the game-world is huge; there's tons of unique assets; and the graphics are spectacular - then I'd not care so much of if it's say 35GB.

(The bugs, on the other hand....)
Yeah, I'd rather bugs, technical issues, and stuff like that don't exist.
That's more important to me than game-install size.

[quote name='MysterD']If it's 35 GB, it's 35 GB...oh well. {Shrug}
It'll just be a download and a half...and then some.

If the game-world is huge; there's tons of unique assets; and the graphics are spectacular - then I'd not care so much of if it's say 35GB.

Yeah, I'd rather bugs, technical issues, and stuff like that don't exist.
That's more important to me than game-install size.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I will take a 35 GB install if the game runs fine. GTA IV was an experience, I will say that. I mean nothing like driving and seeing half missing textures :lol:.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Oh yeah, I will take a 35 GB install if the game runs fine. GTA IV was an experience, I will say that. I mean nothing like driving and seeing half missing textures :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I luckily never had those kind of problems w/ GTA4.
{knocks on wood}

Worst problem I had was major performance issues on my previous PC, before they revamped the shadows/lighting system in a patch. After that, it was fine on that PC at lower-settings.

On my current PC, GTA4 PC runs absolutely fine and dandy maxed-out.

I really want DiRT 3, but I do have DiRT 2 to hold me over until it drops a few more bucks. Honestly, I'd almost pay $8 for it but that bundle deal would make me feel like a sucker for paying $8 for it when the whole pack is $16. Stupid bundles. :(

[quote name='VanillaCena']Same as above for me as well. If you don't have SMB and Braid and planned on buying Lone Survivor, I'll trade a key for a copy of Lone Survivor.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I tried PMing you, but I guess you've been offline. If you happen to see this before its over and haven't already bought a copy, I'm interested in taking you up on your offer;)

[quote name='hal']I really want DiRT 3, but I do have DiRT 2 to hold me over until it drops a few more bucks. Honestly, I'd almost pay $8 for it but that bundle deal would make me feel like a sucker for paying $8 for it when the whole pack is $16. Stupid bundles. :([/QUOTE]

Any reason you really want Dirt 3? Most people prefer Dirt 1 or Dirt 2.. and since you have Dirt 2..

[quote name='spoderman']Any reason you really want Dirt 3? Most people prefer Dirt 1 or Dirt 2.. and since you have Dirt 2..[/QUOTE]

Having played the fuck out of Dirt 2 is a rather good reason for wanting Dirt 3. (Yes, I agree on Dirt 1, but since you can no longer buy it...) While Dirt 3's Gymkhana detracts from the Rally core of the Dirt experience (and I personally love Dirt 2's autocross events as well), it's not a bad game and still has elements of the Dirt experience (unlike Dirt Showdown, so I read). Thus I feel the question shouldn't be, "Why would you want Dirt 3?" but rather "At what price will I pickup Dirt 3?"

Are there websites that I can check how active online game communities are (based on game platform/game/ect.)? Is there such a website?

[quote name='Corpekata']Man these new Groupees bundles are pretty terrible. A shame, they were starting to gain some traction and stand out.[/QUOTE]

You're turning on them pretty fast, I'd say.

These publisher bundles of the last month have been hit or miss, but I think it's impossible to pass judgment on Groupees until the next Be Mine drops.

Looks like there's a new Bundle Stars bundle today as well.
http://www.bundlestars.com/

It's decent if you missed out on some previous bundles. Otherwise it's meh.

$5.24 for the US via Paypal as of 5/1/13 conversion rates.

Stolen from u/zeusimov on Reddit:

Game - Key provided - Previously featured on
Shattered Horizon - Steam - IR Getaway Bundle
Nuclear Dawn - Steam - IR New Year's Bundle & Replay Bundle Vol. 1, IG Weekly 2 (like this game needed ANOTHER bundle... holy crap!)
Two Worlds II (Castle Defense) - Steam - None
Planets Under Attack - Steam - Groupees Be Mine Anniversary
Iron Grip: Warlord - Steam - Groupees Build a Bundle 2
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead - Desura - None
Ion Assault - Steam - Indie Gala 6
X-Blades - Steam - Groupees Be Mine 5
Two Worlds II - Steam - Groupees Be Mine Anniversary

No Mystery Titles this time.

Nice work Izod!
Edit: Nvm, you just stole from the best! =p

Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead is the next game from the fine purveyors of Grotesque Tactics I & II, iirc.

[quote name='Rirse']Today might be the worst daily deal in a long run. Why is there a 3D Benchmarking Software on Steam![/QUOTE]

There's a lot of software on Steam and more is getting added each month. I believe "You need a Budget" was a daily a couple weeks ago.

I didn't know 3DMark was still a thing. I actually use Tomb Raider's bench test for quick and dirty results if I actually need to benchmark video. For CPU stuff there's killer freeware out there.

[quote name='Izod517']I didn't know 3DMark was still a thing. I actually use Tomb Raider's bench test for quick and dirty results if I actually need to benchmark video. For CPU stuff there's killer freeware out there.[/QUOTE]

Worth noting that 3DMark has Steam Achievements.

[quote name='louiedog']WWFFD? Probably this...

Suck my dick, haters!

BsQN5TG.jpg

:)[/QUOTE]

WTH, how'd you get those icons next the sidebar text listing in steam? Is that in the beta?

Edit: Also, Fortix 2 installed but Fallen Enchantress not! =p

[quote name='Eldredpe']Worth noting that 3DMark has Steam Achievements.[/QUOTE]

I can't afford those achievements.

[quote name='asheskitty']WTH, how'd you get those icons next the sidebar text listing in steam? Is that in the beta?

Edit: Also, Fortix 2 installed but Fallen Enchantress not! =p
[/QUOTE]

Steam small view. It uses less RAM so I use it on this machine.

[quote name='asheskitty']WTH, how'd you get those icons next the sidebar text listing in steam? Is that in the beta?

Edit: Also, Fortix 2 installed but Fallen Enchantress not! =p[/QUOTE]

Click the "+" above the scroll bar.

Also, Fortix 2 is good and everyone should agree with my factual opinion.

[quote name='asheskitty']WTH, how'd you get those icons next the sidebar text listing in steam? Is that in the beta?[/QUOTE]

You amateur. You click the little + symbol at the very top of the vertical scroll bar. Should be just under the thing you click on to select between viewing all your games, or just the installed games.

Aah, thanks, I hadn't/noticed/forgot that, under the window menu...

...wait, should I be thanking louie, I mean he just bought Fez, straight from the Dev, for $10...

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Click the "+" above the scroll bar.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='The End']You amateur. You click the little + symbol at the very top of the vertical scroll bar. Should be just under the thing you click on to select between viewing all your games, or just the installed games.[/QUOTE]

LOL, right, thanks for pointing that out... I think I used to have that shown some time back... praobably one tof the steam resets wiped it...

Also, I used the steam window for launching my games! ...not playing the "how should I rearrange my steam library this week" =p

I also really wish I could color code the my games in that listing...

Edit, really dumb UI... that looks like a shortcut to add a non-steam game.

[quote name='asheskitty']
...wait, should I be thanking louie, I mean he just bought Fez, straight from the Dev, for $10...[/QUOTE]

Hehe, nah. I wouldn't have done that. I got a code for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back