The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AgentW']It's a tie in to the show coming out soon on SyFy. Supposedly the story will tie into the show and somehow, the game can effect the show's plot as well. So an interesting concempt, but otherwise, it does seem to be a mmo with guns from what I can tell. So, proceed with caution?

This is an interview like article from Polygon about the game, but overall, there hasn't been much coverage, and I haven't seen anything in the way of previews/reviews. I'd wait on it myself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read an article on Joystiq about it, vaguely recalled hearing the name and not paying any attention to it... Then I read another article, and watched a trailer, and another few short videos.. then watched an hour long ign(?) & developer gameplay vid with interview on youtube and decided this game might actually be for me. I 'm currently playing SWTOR with my GF, but I am starting to feel the beginnings of getting burnt out on it.
Shooter mechanics have always been more interesting to me than clicking a little box on a hotbar... but you're right... Maybe I should wait at least until it's released and there are some actual reviews. I signed up for the beta as well.. so :fingers crossed:

[quote name='fignutz32']So if he hits you with a soda you would get popped with a pop by your Pop?:lol:[/QUOTE]

YEP! I was a punk kid in my late teens and used to call him Pop instead of Dad occasionally. He didn't like that much and he always replied like that when I did. Now that he's gone I find myself using a lot of his lines. :)

[quote name='louiedog']I didn't like the first hour or two of the game. I was trying too hard to play it like other stealth games. Eventually I relaxed and started using the tools they gave me to fix things when they went wrong instead of desperately trying to not make them happen or reloading when they did. I had a lot of fun with it.[/QUOTE]
I will always respect Dishonored for managing to be one of the only stealth games that is equally fun and viable in stealth and out and out combat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3vsXDJ9kCE

I WILL say the first impression is a bit watery. It never reaches the cool and collected greatness of DX:HR or other light sneakers that just nail what they are aiming for. Every single voice actor is misdirected at best. The city is gray and boring rather than oppressive and atmospheric. The levels are kinda sorta open rather than really open. The obligatory social level is a neat idea that just never gels. But there are solid mechanics there, mechanics that I think are brought to light MUCH better in the challenge pack DLC actually.

[quote name='Kaltic']I only give people shit for calling it coke. It would be like someone using the word chocolate as the general term for ice cream. Say you go into an ice cream shop and ask for two scoops of chocolate. Then when the person starts reaching for the chocolate you correct them by saying that you really wanted mint chip. They would look at you like you were an idiot.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='suwillgetu']
8i8b5i0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So most populated/civilized states use Soda/Coke. Hippies and farmers use pop.

I used the word Pop until I was about 17-18 and for some reason i started calling it soda, i think it was when i got a job where selling Soft Drink beverages is a part of it, and that made me start refering to it as Soda.

Just in case you wanted to know.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So most populated/civilized states use Soda/Coke. Hippies and farmers use pop.[/QUOTE]

That's a really creative way to interpret the data you've been given, Foxy.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So most populated/civilized states use Soda/Coke. Hippies and farmers use pop.[/QUOTE]

What about those people who use "sodapop"?

Here in Italy, we're proudly drinking cans of...
Senza-titolo.png
which roughly translates to "fuckola"... how cool is that? :cool:
Nothing special, though, apart from the black licorice-flavored variant which is kinda likable :lol:

I want to know what's up with those weirdos in New Mexico who use "Other" 100% of the time.

"Round these parts, we call it 'Fizz Nectar'..."

The word "soda" has always made me think of soda water. Not the dessert beverage one is going for when buying a can of something from a vending machine. The term gets an instant "blech" reaction from me. I'd rather have a pop, thank you.

[quote name='DPsycho']Let the heated arguments over whether it's called soda, pop, sodapop, coke, fizz, or any number of regional terms COMMENCE![/QUOTE]
Three pages so far. This pleases me. :twisted:

[quote name='Junpei']Here in Italy, we're proudly drinking cans of...
Senza-titolo.png
which roughly translates to "fuckola"... how cool is that? :cool:
Nothing special, though, apart from the black licorice-flavored variant which is kinda likable :lol:[/QUOTE]

"fuckola" is the best thing that's happened to this trivial conversation yet. I can't wait to ask for some fuckola at a restaurant now.

starWolf.png
Can't let you say that, CheapFox.

#TeamPop
#PopShotFirst

I just refer to everything my their brand name 0.o. gonna get a coke call it a coke, pepsi call it a pepsi, 7up-7up, Mountain Dew-Mountain Dew ect.
Never really even say soda or pop

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm just amazed this hasn't descended into a discussion on Drinking Rights Management (DRM).[/QUOTE]

Cheers!
{puts my glass of soda up towards AshesKitty's glass}

[quote name='MysterD']Cheers!
{puts my glass of soda up towards AshesKitty's glass}[/QUOTE]

Surprised you didn't slip a roofie in it, what with the zomg girlz on intarwebz attitude. Might wanna save that in your arsenal for her next post. ;)

[quote name='asheskitty']Gaben shatters the hopes and dreams of PC gamers everywhere by putting Sleeping Dogs @ $10 (75% off on all the worthless DLC too) as the daily.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the newest DLC? It's the TV show Viper, but probably better!

[youtube]U15tUFJXseQ[/youtube]

[youtube]ldeOUlFPOz0[/youtube]

[quote name='MysterD']Cheers!
{puts my glass of soda up towards AshesKitty's glass}[/QUOTE]

*confused* I know from living there that Chicago is a "pop" town.

{Raises glass}

[quote name='Blade']Surprised you didn't slip a roofie in it, what with the zomg girlz on intarwebz attitude. Might wanna save that in your arsenal for her next post. ;)[/QUOTE]
No way! Not my style.
I wanna girl to actually like me for...me.
Lord knows if that'll ever happen again... :p

[quote name='asheskitty']*confused* I know from living there that Chicago is a "pop" town.[/quote]
Then pop it is! :D
I don't care - more words, slangs, and synonyms I know, the better. :p

{drinks some pop}

{Raises glass}
I don't know, might have to check your Cheers Activation Tool...
...but I guess this here is the "place where everybody knows your name." ;)

EDIT:
[quote name='asheskitty']Gaben shatters the hopes and dreams of PC gamers everywhere by putting Sleeping Dogs @ $10 (75% off on all the worthless DLC too) as the daily.[/QUOTE]

Wait! What?!?!?
No glitch...?
:whistle2:X
;)

[quote name='MysterD']No way! Not my style.
I wanna girl to actually like me for...me.
Lord knows if that'll ever happen again... :p[/QUOTE]

You've got the right attitude. I'm sure she's out there, waiting for you to discover her.
RJ083922_img_main.jpg

I *just* started to play Sleeping Dogs, is any of the DLC worth picking up?

[quote name='MysterD']Then pop it is! :D[/quote]

They got me me calling it pop after a short while (due to my dialect plasticity). Inside I kinda cringed every time I said it though. I was teased a good bit in American schools about my accent (at the time a hybrid of UK-British, Colonial British, and California English). Years of speech therapy in different schools for different sounds (n,m,s,z) only made me more self conscious of my enunciation. I used to have/still do a terribly sharp 't' as in "shut up" that didn't help either. At the schools I went to speech therapy worked like this, whenever the class did anything fun you were sent away to do speech drills. (Not bitter about this anymore, clearly, I mean if I was bitter I would somehow start at "pop" and wind up here. ;) )

And yet they mistake it for a more-common-in-america variant. #-o

Wait! What?!?!?
No glitch...?
;)

This, just apply that 75% again, and I'll be happy =p Seriously tempted to pick up that experimental car DLC.

[quote name='louiedog']Have you seen the newest DLC? It's the TV show Viper, but probably better![/QUOTE]

That's tempting, I'll probably buckle. I remember that show vaguely. I like the kinda cheesy but fun shows. I'd probably mention K-9000 in the same vein as Viper. Also VIP and La Femme Nikita (TV series)

[quote name='MysterD']Then pop it is! :D[/quote]

They got me me calling it pop after a short while (due to my dialect plasticity). Inside I kinda cringed every time I said it though. I was teased a good bit in American schools about my accent (at the time a hybrid of UK-British, Colonial British, and California English). Years of speech therapy in different schools for different sounds (n,m,s,z) only made me more self conscious of my enunciation. I used to have/still do a terribly sharp 't' as in "shut up" that didn't help either. At the schools I went to speech therapy worked like this, whenever the class did anything fun you were sent away to do speech drills. (Not bitter about this anymore, clearly, I mean if I was bitter I would somehow start at "pop" and wind up here. ;) )

* :lol:

Wait! What?!?!?
No glitch...?
;)

This, just apply that 75% again, and I'll be happy =p Seriously tempted to pick up that experimental car DLC.

[quote name='louiedog']Have you seen the newest DLC? It's the TV show Viper, but probably better![/QUOTE]

That's tempting, I'll probably buckle. I remember that show vaguely. I like the kinda cheesy but fun shows. I'd probably mention K-9000 in the same vein as Viper. Also VIP and La Femme Nikita (TV series)

In case you don't get it, It's Mickey (Mouse). As in "slipped you a mickey."
Rohypnol is a sleeping pill, more commonly known as a "mickey" or "roofie." It is a very potent tranquilizer whose side effects begin approximately 20-30 minutes after taking the drug and peak within two hours. Depending on the dosage, the effects usually last up to 8 hours.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I *just* started to play Sleeping Dogs, is any of the DLC worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

Most are costumes, bonus xp missions the only one that has any additional content is Nightmare in Northpoint, but even that one is only about an hour worth of extra content and it's a completely new game.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I *just* started to play Sleeping Dogs, is any of the DLC worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

Very subjective. The base game is excellent. One thing to be aware of is that some of the DLC is essentially cheats (money/reputation boosts). I lot of us unfortunately fell victim to this during the 91% glitch. Other bits are clothing/cars and various little side missions.

[quote name='asheskitty'] At the schools I went to speech therapy worked like this, whenever the class did anything fun you were sent away to do speech drills. (Not bitter about this anymore, clearly, I mean if I was bitter I would somehow start at "pop" and wind up here. ;) )[/QUOTE]

I had to do that a bit when I was in elementary school. I don't entirely remember what my speech issues were. Something to do with "rl" sounds. I know I was completely incapable of pronouncing the word "world."

[quote name='asheskitty']
Rohypnol is a sleeping pill, more commonly known as a "mickey" or "roofie." It is a very potent tranquilizer whose side effects begin approximately 20-30 minutes after taking the drug and peak within two hours. Depending on the dosage, the effects usually last up to 8 hours.
[/QUOTE]

And here I thought slipping someone a mickey meant convincing them to chug a 40 with you.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Most are costumes, bonus xp missions the only one that has any additional content is Nightmare in Northpoint, but even that one is only about an hour worth of extra content and it's a completely new game.[/QUOTE]

So just North Point then?

I have that, Street Racer and the Zodiac Tourney in my cart.... man. the DLC need a cheaper bundle price.

[quote name='louiedog']Have you seen the newest DLC? It's the TV show Viper, but probably better!

[youtube]U15tUFJXseQ[/youtube]

[youtube]ldeOUlFPOz0[/youtube][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links. Bought this to complete my collection.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']So just North Point then?

I have that, Street Racier and the Zodiac Tourney in my cart.... man. the DLC need a cheaper bundle price.[/QUOTE]

North Point adds missions. I liked it. Many did not. North Point isn't really story related, but I found it fun.

Street Racer adds new races, Zodiac new fights, and the new one Louie references above adds new missions too.

Those are the content DLCs I would recommend.

[quote name='asheskitty']Very subjective. The base game is excellent. One thing to be aware of is that some of the DLC is essentially cheats (money/reputation boosts). I lot of us unfortunately fell victim to this during the 91% glitch. Other bits are clothing/cars and various little side missions.[/QUOTE]

When's the 91% glitch coming again...? ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']

North Point adds missions. I liked it. Many did not. North Point isn't really story related, but I found it fun.

Street Racer adds new races, Zodiac new fights, and the new one Louie references above adds new missions too.

Those are the content DLCs I would recommend.[/QUOTE]

Thanks all, bought those 4 for $5 (maybe a bit pricey, but damn, SD is a good game!)

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I have that, Street Racer and the Zodiac Tourney in my cart.... man. the DLC need a cheaper bundle price.[/QUOTE]

Other than the recent Civ5 Gold upgrade, I am hard pressed to think of Steam ever having a DLC only bundle AND have it be on sale.

[quote name='asheskitty']They got me me calling it pop after a short while (due to my dialect plasticity). Inside I kinda cringed every time I said it though. I was teased a good bit in American schools about my accent (at the time a hybrid of UK-British, Colonial British, and California English). Years of speech therapy in different schools for different sounds (n,m,s,z) only made me more self conscious of my enunciation. I used to have/still do a terribly sharp 't' as in "shut up" that didn't help either. At the schools I went to speech therapy worked like this, whenever the class did anything fun you were sent away to do speech drills. (Not bitter about this anymore, clearly, I mean if I was bitter I would somehow start at "pop" and wind up here. ;) )[/quote]
I have a Bostonian accent - "pahk the cah in the Hahvid yahd." ;)
(park the car in the Harvard yard)

* :lol:

So, all these years - we were kids watching Mickey Mouse cartoons and they (Disney) were metaphorically slipping us a Mickey?
{Eyebrow raised}

EDIT:
Oh, I remember that Seinfeld episode about "slipping a Mickey", as well...

EDIT 2:
[quote name='Eldredpe']
And here I thought slipping someone a mickey meant convincing them to chug a 40 with you.[/QUOTE]

{hums the beat to Eazy-E's "Sippin' On A 40"}

The Cave has hit a new low of $6 at GMG (steam code) with coupon GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS. It's also free on PS+ this month. It's looking like

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and activated all my Sleeping Dogs content from the 91% sale. Kept the Top Dog packs in my inventory. I figured now is as good a time as any to start playing the game. I'm pretty excited to finally give it a go.

[quote name='travathian']Other than the recent Civ5 Gold upgrade, I am hard pressed to think of Steam ever having a DLC only bundle AND have it be on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was more because of this...

Price of Individual Games - $16.77
Bundle Cost - $16.84

Not exactly a cracking deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back