The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Preedatore']The vigor bottles from Biosharks would make awesome growlers.[/QUOTE]

If you post a picture of your homebrew in a Bioshock vigor bottle (next to a freshly grilled hamburger) while linking to a deal on the Bioshock franchise you'll officially end the thread.

There will be nowhere to go from there.

[quote name='Eldredpe']If you post a picture of your homebrew in a Bioshock vigor bottle (next to a freshly grilled hamburger) while linking to a deal on the Bioshock franchise you'll officially end the thread.

There will be nowhere to go from there.[/QUOTE]

Now I want to do this. My dad works at a glass factory. Maybe I'll email him some new ideas to submit to the boss.

[quote name='asheskitty']NFS: HP (2010) has a free roam mode. All the roads you race on are portions of a larger map. I chose that because I feel that it's likely the largest in terms of map-area, since most roads are long distance segments, and the downtown/mainstreet sections are comparatively small -- rather similar to TDU2 in this respect. I also noted that NFS: HP (2010) is substantially smaller. I feel that it is a bit smaller than Ohau, but totally lacking Ibza.[/quote]
Oh, I never checked out free-roam mode in NFS: HP 2010!
I mainly stuck w/ hopping on world map and picking to do a cop or non-cop race/mission.

It's been a while - can you just drive around in free-roam mode and then say hit a "hot spot" and do a mission (like a cop or non-cop mission)?

NFS: MW (2012) has performance issues, and I have a four year old gaming PC -- it hasn't been cheap enough for me to chance it. Thus I really can't say anything first-hand about it.
Still waiting for MW 2012 to price-drop majorly.

NFS: U2, MW (2005), and Burnout: Paradise are all similar in their map layout -- partially segmented dense urban areas, with a bit of a rural/windy mountain road bit. Driver: SF also should probably be lumped in here. Those city segments are similar to GTA: VC & IV but customized for racing.
Dang, you had to mention NFS: U2...I never played any of the NFS:U games. :( I wish EA would re-release them on Origin and other places.
I loved both NFS: MW 2005 & NFS: Carbon.
I wasn't super-fond of NFS: Undercover, though - felt maybe a bit TOO much like MW 2005 w/out much feeling really new. Plus, on my old PC - it just did NOT run well there.

Oh, I forgot about Driver: SF - there's another game I should spend more time with!

I simply have a hard time comparing size in those to the more expansive area racers like TDU2 & NFS: HP (2010). Even if you had the number of kilometers of road measurements to compare, I think it's rather subjectively different. In addition, unlike the others, TDU2 doesn't have any real focus on "shortcuts".
I really liked TDU2, as you know. I always found that game as ridiculously huge and w/ tons of things to do.
I don't know why - but I never finished cop and racer mission in NFS: HP 2010, even though I did like it quite a bit.

The other comparison that should get mention here is GTA: SA's map, as it remains fairly unique by incorporating three cities, and the space between them. (Extra interesting for me, since I've lived in Los Santos & San Fierro, and have been to Las Venturas.)
GTA: SA's map is ridiculously big, yes - but it's not a full-blown racing game.

Since we're on Rockstar's games - what about game-world size for Midnight Club 2 PC?

Of course the ultimate trump card is NFS: The Run if you're comparing area, since you're racing from coast-to-coast.
Though, on the down-side - NFS: The Run has a very linear campaign that can take around 8 hours or less.

You should play NFS U2 MysterD, pirate it, it doesn't matter anymore I think since you can't really buy it anywhere as far as I know. It's an awesome game, I still play it sometimes.

[quote name='Estbarul']You should play NFS U2 MysterD, pirate it, it doesn't matter anymore I think since you can't really buy it anywhere as far as I know. It's an awesome game, I still play it sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Can't buy it eh? You need to search harder b/c a 2 sec Google search easily got to http://www.amazon.com/Need-For-Speed-Underground-2-Pc/dp/B0002FGFHU

Not being on Steam or any digital store shouldn't justify piracy. It's a lame excuse. You can't beat free but that's not to point of being a cheapass gamer.

[quote name='voken']Can't buy it eh? You need to search harder b/c a 2 sec Google search easily got to http://www.amazon.com/Need-For-Speed-Underground-2-Pc/dp/B0002FGFHU

Not being on Steam or any digital store shouldn't justify piracy. It's a lame excuse. You can't beat free but that's not to point of being a cheapass gamer.[/QUOTE]

well that's why I said as far as I know, I didn't knew it was offered that way, I only searched digital. But thanks. Then get it there Mysterd. I played it back in the day in my Xbox.

[quote name='Estbarul']well that's why I said as far as I know, I didn't knew it was offered that way, I only searched digital. But thanks. Then get it there Mysterd. I played it back in the day in my Xbox.[/QUOTE]

It's useless trying to suggest anything to MysterD unless you're asheskitty. You guys should've realized that by now. ;)

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread, but Train Simulator 2013 Special Pack is about $46 after 20% discount on GG and includes all of the GB-exclusive DLC. Have to buy it from the UK site as it isn't available in the US.

[quote name='Progamer665']Wasn't it like $8 in the humble weekly?[/QUOTE]

darksiders franchise was 8.19 with ec on amazon 13.19 without for jan and dec. i think in the thq weekly maybe i not sure.

A little less, but there was no DLC so this might be the best deal on that.

[quote name='louiedog']A little less, but there was no DLC so this might be the best deal on that.[/QUOTE]

actually the best deal was amazon the frnachise for 13.19 without ec coupon with ec 8.19

I think closer to ~$6.50, and it came with DS1, Red Faction: Guerilla, and Red Faction: Armageddon.

Probably the last time Darksiders 2 will be cheap for a while, because whomever buys the IP is going to raise the price next time it goes on sale.

Hmm to Dishonored or not to Dishonored can't decide if $29.99 is worth it game looks good I am just worried about it being too short. I read MysterD recommendation on steam. Very informative. I smoked through Bioshock Infinite on hard in about 7 hours. If i do pick up the game I will probably pick up the DLC as well. Just finished my tax returns and sipping on beer feeling the urge to spend some money :D

I wanted a stealth type game. I tried bringing myself to complete Hitman Absolution again shortly after alt+F4 after about 10 min of play. I don't want to spend my time running I want to be a HITMAN!

[quote name='kiwimonster']Hmm to Dishonored or not to Dishonored can't decide if $29.99 is worth it game looks good I am just worried about it being too short. I read MysterD recommendation on steam. Very informative. I smoked through Bioshock Infinite on hard in about 7 hours. If i do pick up the game I will probably pick up the DLC as well. Just finished my tax returns and sipping on beer feeling the urge to spend some money :D

I wanted a stealth type game. I tried bringing myself to complete Hitman Absolution again shortly after alt+F4 after about 10 min of play. I don't want to spend my time running I want to be a HITMAN![/QUOTE]
You really should ask around on the trade forum. Dishonored was in the GG Bethesda bundle, so you should be able to get it a LOT cheaper than that...

[quote name='Flowette']Happy La Mulana day everybody![/QUOTE]

What? Did it finally release on Steam? Or is this the creation date?

Either way, sure, let's par-tay!

Dead Island: GOTY is 75% off at GMG. Combining the coupon code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA , it comes down to $4.00. Probably the lowest it has been?

[quote name='BoringPat']Dead Island: GOTY is 75% off at GMG. Combining the coupon code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA , it comes down to $4.00. Probably the lowest it has been?[/QUOTE]
yup even beat amazon best price which was 4.99

[quote name='BoringPat']Dead Island: GOTY is 75% off at GMG. Combining the coupon code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA , it comes down to $4.00. Probably the lowest it has been?[/QUOTE]
You might find it easier to come by in the Steam trading thread.

There was a Raptr giveaway last month(?) and many people picked up a code there. I missed out but thread regular warreni (

Today's deal is Democracy 2 at 50% off ($9.99)

Democracy 2 is the ultimate political strategy / simulation game. The game simulates the motivations, loyalties and desires of everyone in the country. As president or prime minister, it's your job to balance the need for income from taxes against the demands of the voters. Do you want your country to be an eco-friendly green paradise?
Genre: Strategy, Indie, Simulation

Weekly Deals
The Stronghold Collection - no price yet
Chrome - 75% off ($1.24)
Chrome + SpecForce Bundle - 75% off ($1.99)
CameraBag 2 - no price yet
Airline Tycoon 2 - 75% off (no price yet) - DLC $1.99
Razor2: Hidden Skies - 75% off (no price yet)
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends - 33% off (no price yet)
Demolition Inc. - 25% off (no price yet)
Spellforce 2 - Faith in Destiny - 75% off ($4.99 or $6.24 for digital deluxe or $12.49 for complete) - DLC on sale
Bad Rats: The Rats' Revenge - 75% off
Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can - 66% off ($4.75)
AI War: Fleet Command - 75% off - DLC on sale
Tidalis - 75% off ($1.24)
A Valley Without Wind 1& 2 dual pack - 75% off ($3.74 or $11.24 4-pack)
Shattered Haven - 75% off ($2.49)

Are the prices and buy button not showing on many titles for anyone else? I'm on the web in Chrome, not in the client. I disabled Enhanced Steam but that apparently isn't interfering.

edit: some are working now. maybe they are in limbo while updating prices. they seem to work in search, but I'm too lazy to post prices that way.

[quote name='louiedog']Are the prices and buy button not showing on many titles for anyone else? I'm on the web in Chrome, not in the client. I disabled Enhanced Steam but that apparently isn't interfering.

edit: some are working now. maybe they are in limbo while updating prices[/QUOTE]

You are correct; I'm using Chrome and client and can't see anything.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']You are correct; I'm using Chrome and client and can't see anything.[/QUOTE]

I think they're starting to get fixed now, but I was having this issue as well. You can see the correct prices through search, though.

OP is also updated with all the weeklong deals, now.

I can't help but to think shattered haven is a price mistake, it came out a month ago. Maybe there is an arcen game bundle on the horizon but, even then I own everything but that game. So for 2.50, and zombies I'm in

It's not a price mistake...just looked at their twitter account

[quote name='Palinn']I think I will finally pick up PoD 3 for that price. Unless it shows up in a Gala bundle at happy hour prices I generally end up paying $1 per bundled game.[/QUOTE]

Most likely indie royale, if and when it comes to a bundle.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Most likely indie royale, if and when it comes to a bundle.[/QUOTE]

I never seem to catch IR when the average is low so I probably still end up paying $1 per game there if I buy it at all.

When you said "Maybe there is an arcen game bundle on the horizon..." were you thinking through Steam or someplace else? I don't seem to own any of the arcen games so I could wait for a bundle that might happen at some point (or not of course).

[quote name='Palinn']I never seem to catch IR when the average is low so I probably still end up paying $1 per game there if I buy it at all.

When you said "Maybe there is an arcen game bundle on the horizon..." were you thinking through Steam or someplace else? I don't seem to own any of the arcen games so I could wait for a bundle that might happen at some point (or not of course).[/QUOTE]

Tidalis, an arcen game was in a recent indie royale. So they aren't against putting their games in bundles. I don't know anything about one coming. It's just a guess.

[quote name='louiedog']
A Valley Without Wind 1& 2 dual pack - 75% off ($3.74 or $11.24 4-pack)
[/QUOTE]

If you're crazy about achievements, you can't get more for your money than this. The 2nd game has 211 achievements. I played for 2.1 hours and got 101 of them, and it was kinda crazy.

Crazy because it typically goes like this: you enter an area (achievement unlocked), kill a monster (achievement unlocked), you pick up a treasure (3 achievements unlocked), and another (3 more), then fight a boss (achievement unlocked), pick up the "boss coin" (achievement unlocked), then die (achievement unlocked).

Not even kidding here.

[quote name='jshackles']If you're crazy about achievements, you can't get more for your money than this. The 2nd game has 211 achievements. I played for 2.1 hours and got 101 of them, and it was kinda crazy.

Crazy because it typically goes like this: you enter an area (achievement unlocked), kill a monster (achievement unlocked), you pick up a treasure (3 achievements unlocked), and another (3 more), then fight a boss (achievement unlocked), pick up the "boss coin" (achievement unlocked), then die (achievement unlocked).

Not even kidding here.[/QUOTE]
I just played for 21 minutes and only unlocked 13. I think I'm doing it wrong.

The game, well, it feels kinda hollow to me, nothing is telling me to keep on playing it. I probably will, but for now I think I'll get into some other stuff in my backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back