The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mac the Geek']Third bowl? Fifth bowl? [/QUOTE]

Yay! I did remember the reference correctly... The third bowl.

[quote name='Izod517']I'm a PC Convert as of around 2/2013, in 2 months time I've spent $150 and I now have over 300 Steam games. During that time I have attempted to get as many past HIBs as possible from trade. As such I believe this ruling should be reversed and I should be able to poop in your cereal.[/QUOTE]

Haven't broken free of the console peasant manners though...
quick, somebody post a picture of a console peasant wearing a PC Gaming Master Race Thong. :lol:

[quote name='Eldredpe']It's listed in the OP, actually.

;)[/QUOTE]

WTH, who's updating the OP? I swear for this thread that amounts to trolling. ;)

...and besides, deals have been kinda weak lately, I think the last game I bought was Hitman Abs around the 1st of March

[quote name='sunasun']If a happy hour there will be.

Why do the Indiegala people talk like Yoda?

yoda1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Probably the immense amounts of ear hair they have in common...

[quote name='asheskitty']
WTH, who's updating the OP? I swear for this thread that amounts to trolling. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I have been trolling this thread HARD! :D

[quote name='tilting_msh']I want to play the King's Bounty games so badly, but I can't bring myself to pay full price. Any idea how often they go on sale?[/QUOTE]
Ask around the trade thread. All of them except Crossworlds have been in indie bundles.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ask around the trade thread. All of them except Crossworlds have been in indie bundles.[/QUOTE]

What Idiot said. I routinely see Legend go for $1-3, although there may be fewer copies left by now. But I would advise skipping over Armored Princess and going straight to Crossworlds, as it's the same game with more features. Either way, you can't go wrong with this series. It's cost me more than 400 hours.

[quote name='asheskitty']Ridge Racer Unbounded Complete is the daily at $8.49

It's a very enjoyable racing game, with clear influences from Split/Second & Burnout.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The End']75% off or GTFO![/QUOTE]

Gabe says "66% off or bust!"

[quote name='asheskitty']GOG has 85% off Telltale games this weekend. Some of these prices look better than I've seen before.

http://www.gog.com/promo/telltale_weekend_promo_190413

Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space - $4.49
Sam & Max Save the World - $4.49
Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse - $5.24
Back to the Future: The Game - $3.74
Wallace & Gromit`s Grand Adventures - $2.99
Tales of Monkey Island - $5.24[/QUOTE]

Argh. I actually own none of these, and would buy the whole pack if only it would activate on Steam! Really impressed with TT after Walking Dead and Strongbad.

[quote name='annihilator']Argh. I actually own none of these, and would buy the whole pack if only it would activate on Steam! Really impressed with TT after Walking Dead and Strongbad.[/QUOTE]

ditto

[quote name='hal']Gabe says "66% off or bust!"[/QUOTE]

lol blame namco theey should go 75% off cause now the next sequel in series is going to f2p lol namco 75% offf lol that would mkae more money lol

When did the base price drop to $19.99? According to Steam Game Sales it dropped to $19.99 today. I suppose to Namco's defense, if they dropped it 75% off at $29.99 it would still be higher than now.

[quote name='2wicked']They announced the new ridge racer on apr 11th it's f2p.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/11/ridge-racer-driftopia-is-free-2-drift-on-ps3-and-pc/[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the Vita version of Ridge Racer, it's far from true f2p. Sounds pretty similar, aside from the MSRP of the Vita Ridge Racer.

"Ridge Racer Driftopia, developed by Ridge Racer Unbounded's Bugbear Entertainment, is a racing game in which you can buy cars, "repair kits," and XP packs. Namco previously experimented with a similar business model with Ridge Racer for Vita, which shipped with a small number of cars and courses, and sold the rest as DLC. Of course, that game had a $30 MSRP. So this is progress! It's due out this year, Namco says."

The new weapon is fun to play with. The levels are just like the campaigns levels (there were alot of fun moments in the dlc)

the best part of this is the fact that theres a "boss" battle at the end of the dlc. which was something the actual game lacked

i bought the scorchers dlc it when it came out and i felt like it was worth the full price, easily worth $2.49

The "challenge mode" level select and post-game replay stuff from the scorchers update alone makes it worth it if you liked RAGE.

The additional levels are good fun. But RAGE was a game of levels that were largely similar so it isn't mind blowing but I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't want to do a LITTLE more RAGE shooting.

[quote name='asheskitty']Ridge Racer Unbounded Complete is the daily at $8.49

It's a very enjoyable racing game, with clear influences from Split/Second & Burnout.[/QUOTE]

Damn them for putting Complete Edition on sale!
Me and my Completist Attitude.

So, here's the question - is the DLC worth having?

Is this the cheapest base game & DLC has been?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Driftopia? That's the worst name for a racing game ever.[/QUOTE]

Racing games in general are :roll: with the exception of Gran Turismo, and its 360 companion Forza Motorsport. There's a lot that can go wrong in these games, and every incarnation of the NFS franchise adds to the list. Never been a bling bling yo yo madd trix pimp my ride hip hawp 4 lyfe fan. Putting a flourescent purple underbody kit on an E-150 windowless van and running from cops since all cops are evil doesn't appeal to me.

[quote name='annihilator']Argh. I actually own none of these, and would buy the whole pack if only it would activate on Steam! Really impressed with TT after Walking Dead and Strongbad.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I would choose no DRM from GOG any day over Steam. I love steam and have over 300 games there.

[quote name='Blade']Racing games in general are :roll: with the exception of Gran Turismo, and its 360 companion Forza Motorsport. There's a lot that can go wrong in these games, and every incarnation of the NFS franchise adds to the list. Never been a bling bling yo yo madd trix pimp my ride hip hawp 4 lyfe fan. Putting a flourescent purple underbody kit on an E-150 windowless van and running from cops since all cops are evil doesn't appeal to me.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. I would give my left nut to have Forza on the PC.

So God Mode released today, and so far I am enjoying it. I have only played solo at this time just to get a feel for the game, but I plan on doing some 4 player tonight. I enjoy the premise and see the replayability from the start. Changing modifiers for each new zone in a map, the ability to set certain enhacements like +damage and such, along with the leveling system and customization. I am glad I got in on a 4 pack to get it cheaper, but really, for 10 bucks I have no complaints. Shit, i have spent more for far far far less.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty much. I would give my left nut to have Forza on the PC.[/QUOTE]

Way I heard it you already sold that for a pc.... And we won't discuss what happened to your right one.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty much. I would give my left nut to have Forza on the PC.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far.
I'd love to see Forza series ported to the PC, though. ;)

[quote name='Spyder187']Way I heard it you already sold that for a pc.... And we won't discuss what happened to your right one.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I just had to sell my Cadillac. :cry: (No kidding.)

[quote name='tilting_msh']I want to play the King's Bounty games so badly, but I can't bring myself to pay full price. Any idea how often they go on sale?[/QUOTE]

All the time. The first two have even been in indie bundles for like $1 each.

[quote name='MysterD']Damn them for putting Complete Edition on sale!
Me and my Completist Attitude.

So, here's the question - is the DLC worth having?

Is this the cheapest base game & DLC has been?[/QUOTE]

Yes this is the cheapest it has been, I shoulda mentioned that. DLC a good handful of other cars, you don't need it, but since it's a good game, the couple bucks is worth it for me.

Also there's a demo on steam.

[quote name='Blade']Racing games in general are :roll: with the exception of Gran Turismo, and its 360 companion Forza Motorsport. There's a lot that can go wrong in these games, and every incarnation of the NFS franchise adds to the list. Never been a bling bling yo yo madd trix pimp my ride hip hawp 4 lyfe fan. Putting a flourescent purple underbody kit on an E-150 windowless van and running from cops since all cops are evil doesn't appeal to me.[/QUOTE]

Apparently somebody has never tried Race 07, F1 2012, TDU2, GRID, etc.

Still I'd like GT & Forza... (gotta collect them all!)

[quote name='daminion']Seriously? I would choose no DRM from GOG any day over Steam. I love steam and have over 300 games there.[/QUOTE]

I love the idea of GOG and wish I could support them more, but I like to have all my games under one service and sadly I'm already married to Steam. I will openly admit that I sometimes buy games just to look at their icons in my Steam library. (Like all the FPSs I own. I can't even play FPSs, anything first-person gives me a headache.)

[quote name='annihilator']I love the idea of GOG and wish I could support them more, but I like to have all my games under one service and sadly I'm already married to Steam. I will openly admit that I sometimes buy games just to look at their icons in my Steam library. (Like all the FPSs I own. I can't even play FPSs, anything first-person gives me a headache.)[/QUOTE]

You can play GOG games with a Steam overlay if you manually add them to your library. That's what I do...

[quote name='Xaliqen']You can play GOG games with a Steam overlay if you manually add them to your library. That's what I do...[/QUOTE]

But he's married to Steam! Married! If he did what you said, wouldn't that be considered cheating?

[quote name='spoderman']But he's married to Steam! Married! If he did what you said, wouldn't that be considered cheating?[/QUOTE]

lol oh yes it is if it america if anyway else um idk then ehhe

You guys are silly. Anyway, I'm sticking with Steam until the day I get locked out of my account for something stupid and their CS is unable to help me. Then it'll be GOG all the way, and I'll probably curse my decision to ever give Valve my business. It already irks my OCDness that I have to manage Starcraft 2 separately.

[quote name='spoderman']But he's married to Steam! Married! If he did what you said, wouldn't that be considered cheating?[/QUOTE]

Your morality doesn't apply to us. We are CAGs.

[quote name='annihilator']You guys are silly. Anyway, I'm sticking with Steam until the day I get locked out of my account for something stupid and their CS is unable to help me. Then it'll be GOG all the way, and I'll probably curse my decision to ever give Valve my business. It already irks my OCDness that I have to manage Starcraft 2 separately.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I think there's plenty of room for both GOG and Steam in this world.

If you want to mod old games, I might suggest looking at whether Steam interferes (ran into this once and re-bought a game on GOG because of it), but they're both great at what they do. Now that Valve is getting even more supportive of the mod community, I'd say things are looking up in general.

[quote name='elessar123']What, Cheating Ass Gamers?[/QUOTE]

Better than being the oppositional Garrulous Ambulatory Codgers, I suppose?

GOG is a great site. Most of the greatest PC games ever, including Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, and Icewind Dale, plus all the soundtracks, wallpapers, manuals, developer videos, all DRM-free with unlimited installations and no risk of being banned from the service? It only lacks three things: achievements, cloud sync, and automatic updates. But that's the price you pay for DRM-free games.

Interesting... I just doubled my framerates in Skyrim on my GTX 260 by dropping from 1920x1200 (~30 fps) to 1680x1050 (~60 fps with higher settings). I must have been hitting some hard limit here... my 896MB of VRAM?

I got significant but lesser gain in Borderlands 2 with the same resolution drop.

Hmm... maybe I should cancel that GTX 660 order... (and just play at 1680x1050 on my 76Hz IPS 2209WA)

[quote name='Blade']GOG is a great site. Most of the greatest PC games ever, including Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, and Icewind Dale, plus all the soundtracks, wallpapers, manuals, developer videos, all DRM-free with unlimited installations and no risk of being banned from the service? It only lacks three things: achievements, cloud sync, and automatic updates. But that's the price you pay for DRM-free games.[/QUOTE]

This is the second mention of Steam banning here, what is going on with this? I've never know this was a potential problem.

[quote name='asheskitty']Interesting... I just doubled my framerates in Skyrim on my GTX 260 by dropping from 1920x1200 (~30 fps) to 1680x1050 (~60 fps with higher settings). I must have been hitting some hard limit here... my 896MB of VRAM?

I got significant but lesser gain in Borderlands 2 with the same resolution drop.

Hmm... maybe I should cancel that GTX 660 order... (and just play at 1680x1050 on my 76Hz IPS 2209WA)[/QUOTE]

That's quite an upgrade and is probably worth it for multiple reasons (TXAA being one of them). You're pushing significantly more pixels at 1080p, so that would explain the boost in performance at the lower resolution. I'd stick with the upgrade, the 600 series are solid performers and much better with power consumption than my old 470 GTX.

I noticed a very nice noticable improvement from my GTX 260 to my GTX 660 Ti. Most notable being DX11 and Tesselation (that Lara Croft hair in Tomb Raider

[quote name='asheskitty']Yes this is the cheapest it has been, I shoulda mentioned that. DLC a good handful of other cars, you don't need it, but since it's a good game, the couple bucks is worth it for me.

Also there's a demo on steam.[/quote]
Good idea. I'll give it a whirl - see if I like it.

Still I'd like GT & Forza... (gotta collect them all!)
Yeah, tell Sony to port Gran Turismo over to the PC!
That would be nice, even though I extremely highly doubt that'd happen.
Damn console-exclusives...

[quote name='Blade']GOG is a great site. Most of the greatest PC games ever, including Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, and Icewind Dale, plus all the soundtracks, wallpapers, manuals, developer videos, all DRM-free with unlimited installations and no risk of being banned from the service? It only lacks three things: achievements, cloud sync, and automatic updates. But that's the price you pay for DRM-free games.[/QUOTE]

I just still don't know why many PC games just don't have their own (offline) Built-In Achievements system that the game decides to track for the player.

And what they could do is if the same game does have a Steam-version you can buy, the Steam-version could take from your In-Game Achievements and upload them into Steam's Achievement System.

About automatic-updates - that's really only good for games w/ MP components you actually are playing (to keep gamers all on the same version) and/or patches that just don't break the game. I like what Impulse used to do - alert the gamer w/ an "Exclamation mark" that the game has an update and then you can tell it to do the update all at your own will. For SP games, that's good to update when you want - just in case a patch totally ruins, borks, crashes, and/or screws up your game from working correctly.
Of course, Impulse (now GameStop PC App) has a terrible "archive system" namely b/c it's OS-specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back