The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you get that 20% discount at Gamersgate?

Just made .39 profit on my first Alan Wake card, guess people are still buying cards.

Just made .39 profit on my first Alan Wake card, guess people are still buying cards.
You don't. The discount gets you.

You probably can't get it, if you have to ask lol. It was given to people that had their Bethesda/BL2 orders cancelled during the price glitch a while ago. You can have people to buy you stuff with their discount though.

Cards are officially dead.  GSB cards aren't selling even at 15 cents or so.  At this point buyers are just waiting a couple of hours for sellers to drive down the price.  I'll still idle for the chance at a couple of bucks on a foil but probably just give my buddy who craft badges my cards.

Cards are officially dead. GSB cards aren't selling even at 15 cents or so. At this point buyers are just waiting a couple of hours for sellers to drive down the price. I'll still idle for the chance at a couple of bucks on a foil but probably just give my buddy who craft badges my cards.
Already sold one for 31 cents. People just don't like Mooby.

I think the trick with cards is to also wait to sell. When it first went live the new game's cards quickly dropped to about 20 cents each, but then when they got low enough people started buying in droves. Once the inventory dried up the prices got back to the 30-40 cents, at least for a bit. 

I think the trick with cards is to also wait to sell. When it first went live the new game's cards quickly dropped to about 20 cents each, but then when they got low enough people started buying in droves. Once the inventory dried up the prices got back to the 30-40 cents, at least for a bit.
Eh, I only noticed that relatively drastically with the Isaac cards. For games like GSB that were in a HIB, the prices aren't going to go back up very much if at all. I got in quick and sold a card for 31 cents, and now they're all going for about 20-22 cents (sold my second card for 22 cents). I severely doubt they're going to go up much higher.

Question for you guys. What's the closest games that replicate the traditional dungeons and dragons traditional rules and setting? I'm not talking just current, but old games or series too such as from GOG if it's not on steam. I owned the advanced D&D set when eons ago and was wondering if there's anything with the same feel that's primarily single player and not too complicated.
You should probably look at GOG for stuff like Temple of Elemental Evil, Icewind Dale, etc.

Not sure if I missed someone saying this already but a Steam key is now listed for Bleed in your Retro Groupee's bundle.
ooo, thanks, I always miss these and end up figure out weeks later

Gah, of course they add cards to AW now, I just beat that game last week. Oh well, guess I can try a nightmare play through
Or just give up and leave it running in background while CAGing

Clearly its very mysterious

Eh, I only noticed that relatively drastically with the Isaac cards. For games like GSB that were in a HIB, the prices aren't going to go back up very much if at all. I got in quick and sold a card for 31 cents, and now they're all going for about 20-22 cents (sold my second card for 22 cents). I severely doubt they're going to go up much higher.
Maybe. Offspring Fling cards have gone up and it was also in a Humble Bundle. When cards were released for it, they were going for around .20 each. Now they're up to .27-.29. The lowest is .25 and the highest is .32. It's not much, but they have gone up.

ooo, thanks, I always miss these and end up figure out weeks later

Or just give up and leave it running in background while CAGing

Clearly its very mysterious
Can't do that, it'll throw off my spreadsheet. I keep track of how many game play hours I get out of each purchase. I'm weird like that. Besides, I realized there are two special episodes in the list, so I'm trying those now.

LOL I just bought a Mystery Trading Card for $1.04 :whee: Just for kicks. I Ninja'd it before the Bots could grab it.

I'm guessing it's mysterious effect will be stupidness in the end, but it was fun watching the prices shift all over the board. I could sell it for profit but maybe I'll just hold on to it right now.

Alan Wake has the slowest unlocking of cards I've ever seen. Still only have two.

Oh my mistake, I have 3 now.

Update: Final profit on Alan Wake: $1.34. Not too bad.

B/c I'm awesome and stuff.

And I should have a trading card named after me.

With my picture on it. ;)
wgImFnJ.jpg

LOL I just bought a Mystery Trading Card for $1.04 :whee: Just for kicks. I Ninja'd it before the Bots could grab it.

I'm guessing it's mysterious effect will be stupidness in the end, but it was fun watching the prices shift all over the board. I could sell it for profit but maybe I'll just hold on to it right now.
Heh, I've been watching and, in the last ten minutes or less, it's gone from $1.78 to $1.49

The discount doesn't work for the DLC, so they are 10, 10, and 2.50

I was tempted by Legendary, but I think there is a chance it will go 50% at Steam, so $30. Hoping for but not expecting a 66% or 75% sale
Sonofa... oh well, it's money in my swiss bank account. <waits longer>

I tried. . . I guess I'm just not that good at getting head or tire shots. :twoguns:
I'm not too good.. but within 2-3 shots I can get a headshot. For the DLC car-ride rail-shooter I think I used my mouse (Triad Highway?)

There's no use in pretending I read the last three words of that sentence.

Which led me to believe that Sleeping Dogs has some superb side quests.
You can get a back alley massage from women entrepreneurs... or one from a burly man in a shop. ;)

drowned a sack of puppies... uh, err, I mean so I found out the former owner of my account did...

I'd tell you, but I don't want to end up living in the Moscow Airport.

B/c I'm awesome and stuff.

And I should have a trading card named after me.

With my picture on it. ;)
y u no want DRM-FREE MysterD trading card?

because then we could sell MysterD for GabeNbux

Sonofa... oh well, it's money in my swiss bank account. <waits longer>

I'm not too good.. but within 2-3 shots I can get a headshot. For the DLC car-ride rail-shooter I think I used my mouse (Triad Highway?)

You can get a back alley massage from women entrepreneurs... or one from a burly man in a shop. ;)

drowned a sack of puppies... uh, err, I mean so I found out the former owner of my account did...

I'd tell you, but I don't want to end up living in the Moscow Airport.

y u no want DRM-FREE MysterD trading card?

because then we could sell MysterD for GabeNbux
YES @ DRM-FREE MysterD CAG Trading cards!

Is GabeNbux anything like those XBL/G4WL points?

And Alan Wake officially becomes the first game that I made more money selling TCG than I paid for the game  :whee:

$1 humble bundle for Alan Wake and American Nightmare, sold 4 cards for $1.20

Now, If I could just get one damn foil or booster pack I'd be in business. Damn RNG

I have to say Series two has a far better arragement....

skitty vs zombiefox (from our condition, he's clearly better at Dr Daisy Pet Vet -- thanks fox... and sorry!)

excitement at Flowette's butt

bear vs bear

beard vs beard

Sorry to interrupt all this trading card discussion - it's so much better than Valve has decided to concentrate on TF2 party hats and trading cards rather than use the past SIX EFFING YEARS to make HL2: Ep. 3, right? - but how is the Steam version of Bully. It's a decent port and worth playing over the X360 version I already have? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back