The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I made the same pun beforehand... but it got deleted by the mod :( The glory could have been all mine![/QUOTE]

Sure you did.... ;)

You're welcome to share. I missed most of the deleted comments so I came to it independently. I can offer up to 40% of the glory but no more.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I made the same pun beforehand... but it got deleted by the mod :( The glory could have been all mine![/QUOTE]

I guess your clever use of wordage was cause enough for the mods to rheas an alarm!

I'm done.

[quote name='Izod517']You can't just bury your head in the sand![/QUOTE]

At the risk of getting the thread deleted again, I love your avatar good sir. It reminds of the ostrich game. Game talk. Ostrich game. Which I want to play. Is it ever going to be on steam I wonder? GAME TALK.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']At the risk of getting the thread deleted again, I love your avatar good sir. It reminds of the ostrich game. Game talk. Ostrich game. Which I want to play. Is it ever going to be on steam I wonder? GAME TALK.[/QUOTE]
But that doesn't explain why he got silenc-

*deleted*

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']At the risk of getting the thread deleted again, I love your avatar good sir. It reminds of the ostrich game. Game talk. Ostrich game. Which I want to play. Is it ever going to be on steam I wonder? GAME TALK.[/QUOTE]

Only time I ever remember playing as an ostrich in a video game is the fast picking minigame in Rocksmith. Oh wait that was a roadrunner:whistle2:? Ostrichs are severely underrepresented in games, talk about some bird racism. I mean how many games do we need with penguins as the character? And where is my hummingbird simulation, seriously? Come on *drops Mic and runs away*

(I don't even know what that is)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Only time I ever remember playing as an ostrich in a video game is the fast picking minigame in Rocksmith. Oh wait that was a roadrunner:whistle2:? Ostrichs are severely underrepresented in games, talk about some bird racism. I mean how many games do we need with penguins as the character? And where is my hummingbird simulation, seriously? Come on *drops Mic and runs away*

(I don't even know what that is)[/QUOTE]

How about Kolibri on Sega 32x?

kolibri.gif

And don't forget the Ostritch Slug, from Metal Slug 3.

NG_MetalSlug3-25d.jpg

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Only time I ever remember playing as an ostrich in a video game is the fast picking minigame in Rocksmith. Oh wait that was a roadrunner:whistle2:? Ostrichs are severely underrepresented in games, talk about some bird racism. I mean how many games do we need with penguins as the character? And where is my hummingbird simulation, seriously? Come on *drops Mic and runs away*

What about Joust, or am I showing my age with that one.

For fuck's sake, can we stop it with the heavy handed bullshit post deletions that get rid of legitimate content? If you're going to take the time to moderate the thread fucking do your job right.

[quote name='Genocidal']For fuck's sake, can we stop it with the heavy handed bullshit post deletions that get rid of legitimate content? If you're going to take the time to moderate the thread fucking do your job right.[/QUOTE]

+1

Also.

I have an ostrich egg shell in my living room.

[quote name='Eldredpe']+1

Also.

I have an ostrich egg shell in my living room.[/QUOTE]
+2, though it makes no difference.

Also, enough with these bullshit knee-jerk silences/bans without warnings. Worst mods I've seen on a forum in awhile.

My grandma has an ostrich egg too.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']And don't forget the Ostritch Slug, from Metal Slug 3.

NG_MetalSlug3-25d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yes, this game is awesome. I was just playing it on an emu the other day.

\\:D/

Anyone else notice the old steam levels (based on how many hours you played in two weeks) has stopped working for sig cards? Gotta find me a new one that will take it's place now:headache:

EDIT: and now they're back again, eye:whee:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Expresso the Ostrich, from Donkey Kong Country. (Also showing my age. I played this over eighteen years ago.)

810147-expresso.jpg

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Expresso the Ostrich, from Donkey Kong Country. (Also showing my age. I played this over eighteen years ago.)

810147-expresso.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I refuse to recognize Donkey Kong Country until it joins the UN.

This thread is moving way too fast for my limited on-vacation-in-the-woods Internet time.

[quote name='fignutz32']What about Joust, or am I showing my age with that one.[/QUOTE]

See, Joust was the first game I thought of with regard to ostr

Chocobos are hipster ostriches with stupid hair. They typically can be found at Wonder Square drinking a soy x-potion while simultaneously using 4 iDevices.

[quote name='Preedatore']Chocobos are hipster ostriches with stupid hair. They typically can be found at Wonder Square drinking a soy x-potion while simultaneously using 4 iDevices.[/QUOTE]

How 'bout them hipsters:lol:

[quote name='Genocidal']For fuck's sake, can we stop it with the heavy handed bullshit post deletions that get rid of legitimate content? If you're going to take the time to moderate the thread fucking do your job right.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bw1a_O2m48

[quote name='Preedatore']Chocobos are hipster ostriches with stupid hair. They typically can be found at Wonder Square drinking a soy x-potion while simultaneously using 4 iDevices.[/QUOTE]

2 manstreaum

Glad the 30 minutes of my life making it weren't a total loss. Also the first rule of Avatar Club is we don't talk about Avatar Club.

P.S. It IS the ostrich from the game. +2 internetz

Mods deleting technical related posts has curbed my enthusiasm in posting in CAG. Really sad too, considering how much time was put into some of them.

[quote name='fore1337']Mods deleting technical related posts has curbed my enthusiasm in posting in CAG. Really sad too, considering how much time was put into some of them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I just checked out all the deleted posts and most of them were bitching about the mods. There was nothing "technical related" about any of them. The rest were off-topic and deleted (after a flurry of reported posts I might add) at the mod's discretion. It wasn't me but I can see why they were deleted.

I restored the one post by Kitsune Sniper about trade cards that I think just got caught up by mistake.

And now I am going to delete a few more that have popped up since I think the original mod who was working on this thread is off line. I let the off-topic puns stay for the most part - my call on that one...

[quote name='io']I'm not sure what you are talking about. I just checked out all the deleted posts and most of them were bitching about the mods. There was nothing "technical related" about any of them. The rest were off-topic and deleted (after a flurry of reported posts I might add) at the mod's discretion. It wasn't me but I can see why they were deleted.

I restored the one post by Kitsune Sniper about trade cards that I think just got caught up by mistake.

And now I am going to delete a few more that have popped up since I think the original mod who was working on this thread is off line. I let the off-topic puns stay for the most part - my call on that one...[/QUOTE]
Maybe you don't look at the Steam thread that often (only recently), but it's EXTREMELY common occurrence for mods to delete a massive amount of posts and wipe out good posts with bad. For example, I asked a mod once to delete a dumb argument between me and another user. I specifically said "delete my posts and this guy's posts". What happened? A mod deleted our posts... and everyone else's posts for about two pages.

It's just lazy mod work, and it happens a lot. It's not the only lazy mod work either. A month or two back I was banned for a week after posting a lewd (but censored, and silly cartoon) image. It was in poor taste, I admit, but I was banned immediately. Funny part is, the ban message to me said I "ignored warnings", when I never got a single warning, and had never had any sort of offense on CAG beforehand. Similarly, someone else here (Izod) got banned for jokingly using an avatar that mimicked another user's avatar. No warning, just a silence out of the blue. Ironically, most of the posts that were deleted today/yesterday were about that user's silencing.

Go ahead and delete complaints about the mods, but if the same crap keeps happening, the same complaints are gonna roll in.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Similarly, someone else here (Izod) got banned for jokingly using an avatar that mimicked another user's avatar. No warning, just a silence out of the blue. Ironically, most of the posts that were deleted today/yesterday were about that user's silencing.
[/QUOTE]

FYI, the reported posts were about this - so I can see why all that talk was deleted. I don't know the full reason for the original bans and I'm fairly certain the same mod who handed out the ban was the one who deleted the more recent discussion. I'm not going to second guess him though - I'm sure he had his reasons. When you get banned you know who did it, right? If so, ask him for more detail.

It seems that maybe none of you were around a few years back when we had huge problems with the users vs. mods. It has been very quiet and harmonious since then and I think in general we have a pretty light touch around here compared to most sites. Sure, we don't explain everything we do but that's because there usually isn't enough time to do so.

I'm the worst, I just spent $2 on a Borderlands 2 background pic.

I think I'm through spending money on this trading card scheme. If I can earn anything more at no cost I'll be glad to do it, but I'm done paying. It's a cool idea and I hope it really takes off, but goes in a direction where you can complete badges and earn rewards without having to pay for them. If not, I'll probably just sell whatever cards I unlock.

[quote name='io']FYI, the reported posts were about this - so I can see why all that talk was deleted. I don't know the full reason for the original bans and I'm fairly certain the same mod who handed out the ban was the one who deleted the more recent discussion. I'm not going to second guess him though - I'm sure he had his reasons. When you get banned you know who did it, right? If so, ask him for more detail.

It seems that maybe none of you were around a few years back when we had huge problems with the users vs. mods. It has been very quiet and harmonious since then and I think in general we have a pretty light touch around here compared to most sites. Sure, we don't explain everything we do but that's because there usually isn't enough time to do so.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the main problem though. Every mod is so arbitrary about what they deem "acceptable" that people get silenced and posts get deleted at a whim or if a somebody complains to a mod enough. I really think there should be set rules and not just "oh people are complaining, delete delete delete."

My post about the Ostrich game and welcoming Izod back got deleted. There was nothing wrong with it. I wasn't complaining about the mods, I just made a joke about him getting banned. If that particular mod wasn't being lazy they could have at least censored whatever part they took offense to and kept the part about the Ostrich game. This is a gaming forum after all.

[quote name='io']FYI, the reported posts were about this - so I can see why all that talk was deleted. I don't know the full reason for the original bans and I'm fairly certain the same mod who handed out the ban was the one who deleted the more recent discussion. I'm not going to second guess him though - I'm sure he had his reasons. When you get banned you know who did it, right? If so, ask him for more detail.

It seems that maybe none of you were around a few years back when we had huge problems with the users vs. mods. It has been very quiet and harmonious since then and I think in general we have a pretty light touch around here compared to most sites. Sure, we don't explain everything we do but that's because there usually isn't enough time to do so.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I don't believe so. The only hint I had as to who banned me was the one who deleted the post on the forum and posted saying "Don't do that" basically. Within a minute later I was banned and locked out of the forums (I hadn't even posted after the "warning").

The "you're banned" message when you try to log in doesn't say which mod banned you, unless maybe some tag their names in the "why you were banned" comment. I used the contact us button at the bottom to send an email asking why I was banned without a warning, etc, and to this day I've never got a reply, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start any "users vs. mods" war here, it's just a really common annoyance here on the Steam thread for mods to nuke the thread and delete tons of legitimate posts. Now within the last couple months, two users have gotten banned/silenced with no warnings, etc. And now when people talk about it, the mod who issued one of those bans deletes the conversation about the ban? Cover up? I know it's nothing that dramatic, but it warrants a :roll: or two.

I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']will buy games for 15$ foil gambling.
l4d2 foil here i come.[/QUOTE]

Is L4D2 confirmed for cards now? Last I saw was fake pictures with L4D2 cards and Binding of Isaac cards, both of which I should note again were proven fake.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if L4D2 DID get some trading cards at some point.

I kind of agree with Fox on this in some ways.

I know that I'm personally way more encouraging of off-topic posting than the forum would like, so I understand when in some situations, particularly around hostile posts and arguments, mods come in and delete some stuff.

But it would be nice if the mod both 1) took a little care in what was deleted and 2) left a small post saying "hey, I deleted this and this is why."

Because, particularly today, when there was the original round of deletes, and then a second round of deletes deleting the posts referencing the deletes, when there's no stated justification things come off as a little gross.

I understand why the mods are here and that they're just doing their jobs, and they really do give us, for the most part, a lot of leeway here in the Steam thread, but a little transparency would go a long way.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Is L4D2 confirmed for cards now? Last I saw was fake pictures with L4D2 cards and Binding of Isaac cards, both of which I should note again were proven fake.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if L4D2 DID get some trading cards at some point.[/QUOTE]

Valve is making very slow progress on these trading cards. L4D1 and L4D2 should really be in the next batch, though. You'd think that all of their games with Steam achievements would have them by now, if not all of them in general. =\

[quote name='Blade']Valve is making very slow progress on these trading cards. L4D1 and L4D2 should really be in the next batch, though. You'd think that all of their games with Steam achievements would have them by now, if not all of them in general. =\[/QUOTE]

Somehow I read that as Valve adding trading cards to all steam games with achievements.

Nuclear-Mind-Blown.jpg

I'm sure they're intentionally phasing them in slowly and not just flooding the market with fifty games. It's still a 'beta' of sorts. I paid about $0.35 each for a set of TF2 cards to get me to level 10... fired up Portal 2... no foils. Ah well, it's basically a free couple of bucks every week. Oh, yeah, from crafting the TF2 set I got a $0.20 background, a $0.20 chat emote (a crate!), and a coupon for 50% off The Bridge!

Can't remember if I linked this earlier but: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sir-ducky/inventory/#753 Yeah. There are people who have waaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands to barter in the illicit Steam card trade. If you look at his profile page he has friends with Steam level above 20, one even at 24.

I can confirm it does not in fact inform you which mod Silences you. It probably prevents more issues that way. I will say though, the ban message was pretty over the top for the offense. Especially for a veteran contributor who has put plenty of money in Cheapy's pockets over the years. I mean it's not like I posted My Little Pony hentai. :)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So on a completely unrelated note, am I the only one wondering when Ashes is coming out of hibernation?[/QUOTE]

When Fast & Furious 6 stops playing in theaters. ;)

@ Mooby - I'd like to see them add more games sooner rather than later. Even if they only add Valve games, they're still adding games. I got all of my allotted cards in the first two days of this beta. :( And holy shit, that's nuts! It looks like he created a ton of fake accounts/had a ton of fake accounts for TF2 already and invited himself over and over again. Like I said before, this is doubly profitable for TF2 mining since now they get cards on top of crates and hats.

[quote name='Izod517']I can confirm it does not in fact inform you which mod Silences you. It probably prevents more issues that way. I will say though, the ban message was pretty over the top for the offense. Especially for a veteran contributor who has put plenty of money in Cheapy's pockets over the years. I mean it's not like I posted My Little Pony hentai. :)[/QUOTE]
Censored My Little Pony hentai, dammit.

I saw this brought up somewhere and it was a good thought, will trading cards eventually become extinct? Their main purpose is to be crafted into badges, and during that process they vanish into thin air. Eventually they're all gonna have vanished through badge crafting. You can only earn a finite amount of em so once they're gone they're gone, right?

[quote name='M_F_A_H']SMH at CAG. SMH.

Paying full price for cosmetic frills? Do the console CAGs pull this bush league shit?[/QUOTE]

I'm not buying any XBL/PSN avatars;) I honestly don't understand why anyone would pay money for backgrounds, but I also don't understand why people love Bacon so clearly I belong in the nut house:?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I saw this brought up somewhere and it was a good thought, will trading cards eventually become extinct? Their main purpose is to be crafted into badges, and during that process they vanish into thin air. Eventually they're all gonna have vanished through badge crafting. You can only earn a finite amount of em so once they're gone they're gone, right?[/QUOTE]
Considering how many Steam accounts there are...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I saw this brought up somewhere and it was a good thought, will trading cards eventually become extinct? Their main purpose is to be crafted into badges, and during that process they vanish into thin air. Eventually they're all gonna have vanished through badge crafting. You can only earn a finite amount of em so once they're gone they're gone, right?[/QUOTE]

That would only work if people could no longer sign up for new accounts. As it is there is an infinite number of cards potentially available, and if valve continues adding games, it seems unlikely they would ever get anywhere near extinction.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I kind of agree with Fox on this in some ways.

I know that I'm personally way more encouraging of off-topic posting than the forum would like, so I understand when in some situations, particularly around hostile posts and arguments, mods come in and delete some stuff.

But it would be nice if the mod both 1) took a little care in what was deleted and 2) left a small post saying "hey, I deleted this and this is why."

Because, particularly today, when there was the original round of deletes, and then a second round of deletes deleting the posts referencing the deletes, when there's no stated justification things come off as a little gross.

I understand why the mods are here and that they're just doing their jobs, and they really do give us, for the most part, a lot of leeway here in the Steam thread, but a little transparency would go a long way.[/QUOTE]

This! This thread goes off the rails all the time, and I can appreciate that not everyone likes it. But like I said earlier in a post which has since been deleted, these ghostly post removals without any explanation creep me out. I come here for the community and the conversation more than the deals. This is the only forum I have been on in many years of lurking where I actually like to post and contribute because of the people here. When posts disappear without a trace and no explanation is forthcoming, I feel it's not in the spirit of the site. Such a warm, welcoming community deserves to have moderation with a certain degree of transparency and respect for the people that make it such a great place to be.

I might also note that I've noticed the average age and maturity of frequent posters here seems to be well above that of other gaming forums, and as a result we self-moderate to an extent. That's one of the main reasons I like coming here. It seems to me the mods ought to take this into account before spamming the delete button; this isn't battle.net.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think that's the main problem though. Every mod is so arbitrary about what they deem "acceptable" that people get silenced and posts get deleted at a whim or if a somebody complains to a mod enough. I really think there should be set rules and not just "oh people are complaining, delete delete delete."[/QUOTE]

Well, we are all different people and Cheapy is very hands off with the forums so it is going to be a little inconsistent and arbitrary. That's the price paid to keep the spammers and scammers at bay (which is most of what we delete by the way). There are no "rules" about every possible type of behavior so we have to play it by ear. In general we let stuff on the Vs. forum go (I personally don't ever step foot in there) and are more strict in the Deals forum since that is supposed to be about video game deals (and note that this thread is in that forum). There are various off topic threads (about gaming and other stuff) to go crazy in. Those are usually left alone too.

[quote name='Eldredpe']
But it would be nice if the mod both 1) took a little care in what was deleted and 2) left a small post saying "hey, I deleted this and this is why."[/QUOTE]

Well, I did that ;). Again, though, I don't know the history of the temp bans and silencings so I can't speak to the reasons for those. In general, though, it takes pretty severe behavior for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back