The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='annihilator']This! This thread goes off the rails all the time, and I can appreciate that not everyone likes it. But like I said earlier in a post which has since been deleted, these ghostly post removals without any explanation creep me out. I come here for the community and the conversation more than the deals. This is the only forum I have been on in many years of lurking where I actually like to post and contribute because of the people here. When posts disappear without a trace and no explanation is forthcoming, I feel it's not in the spirit of the site. Such a warm, welcoming community deserves to have moderation with a certain degree of transparency and respect for the people that make it such a great place to be.

I might also note that I've noticed the average age and maturity of frequent posters here seems to be well above that of other gaming forums, and as a result we self-moderate to an extent. That's one of the main reasons I like coming here. It seems to me the mods ought to take this into account before spamming the delete button; this isn't battle.net.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%. CAG is really the only forum I've ever been a member of that really feels like a comunity. I would say I don't even care about the deals so much now, but just love reading everyone's posts and occasionally contributing something halfway useful. I realize I'm also an offender of OT posts, and obviously it can be a bit much at times, but if a mod feels the need to delete something, a simple heads up would be enough for me. I don't think its asking a whole lot, but its much nicer than just coming to find several pages have been ripped from the thread, and everyone is expected not to notice.

Well, io, I appreciate you taking the time to reply but this is simply not good enough. I demand a refund! :lol:

p.s. seriously though, thanks to you and the other guys for the work. Keeping threads tidy is a thankless task.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I saw this brought up somewhere and it was a good thought, will trading cards eventually become extinct? Their main purpose is to be crafted into badges, and during that process they vanish into thin air. Eventually they're all gonna have vanished through badge crafting. You can only earn a finite amount of em so once they're gone they're gone, right?[/QUOTE]

The original TF2 hats used to be worth well above actual piss to some people. Now they're somewhere below shit. Valve has unsealed the porta-potty to hell. The one designated for swagless patsies.

[quote name='Flowette']Well, io, I appreciate you taking the time to reply but this is simply not good enough. I demand a refund! :lol:

p.s. seriously though, thanks to you and the other guys for the work. Keeping threads tidy is a thankless task.[/QUOTE]
This too.

We appreciate your time, io. Most mods wouldn't give us the time of day, lol.

[quote name='io']Well, we are all different people and Cheapy is very hands off with the forums so it is going to be a little inconsistent and arbitrary. That's the price paid to keep the spammers and scammers at bay (which is most of what we delete by the way). There are no "rules" about every possible type of behavior so we have to play it by ear. In general we let stuff on the Vs. forum go (I personally don't ever step foot in there) and are more strict in the Deals forum since that is supposed to be about video game deals (and note that this thread is in that forum). There are various off topic threads (about gaming and other stuff) to go crazy in. Those are usually left alone too.

Well, I did that ;). Again, though, I don't know the history of the temp bans and silencings so I can't speak to the reasons for those. In general, though, it takes pretty severe behavior for that.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I just appreciate that you talk here with us at all, Io. because the other mods are sort of ghosts to us.

EDIT: I was trying to find a tactful way to edit this post before I go to bed. I can't. I'm all sleepy. I didn't mean it in a way that was a bash on the mods of this forum. You're all doing a great job with CAG, as this is probably the most civil forum I've ever been a part of. I just wish you'd be more transparent and consistent with your decision making.

[quote name='Mooby']I paid about $0.35 each for a set of TF2 cards to get me to level 10[/QUOTE]

Mooby, no! Bruticis lies down that path!

And kind of a last minute recommendation here, but for anyone interested in roguelikes being sold on Steam I'd put SotS the Pit a bit above Dredmor. Biggest problem with the Pit is it leans WAY too heavily on the combat (Throws mountains of shit at you in later dungeon levels) and the combat isn't up to snuff with something like, say, DoomRL. If they tone it down at some point so the last half/quarter of the dungeon isn't a constant struggle against swarms of enemies then it's not a bad little roguelike. Still slow compared to a real one, but not NEARLY as slow as Dredmor (Even using the fast alternate game mode).

Still, it'll inevitably be cheaper at some point. Possibly even indie bundled, none of Kerberos' previous games have been but then again they were all published by Paradox and I believe this is their first self published game.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'm the worst, I just spent $2 on a Borderlands 2 background pic.

I think I'm through spending money on this trading card scheme. If I can earn anything more at no cost I'll be glad to do it, but I'm done paying. It's a cool idea and I hope it really takes off, but goes in a direction where you can complete badges and earn rewards without having to pay for them. If not, I'll probably just sell whatever cards I unlock.[/QUOTE]

I don't even own Borderlands 2 yet and I'm having a hard time not buying The Siren Calls background. I've been monitoring its price for the past couple hours while experiencing inner conflict over purchasing it. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I have a shred of pride. I have no doubt that I'll cave soon and buy it.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I don't even own Borderlands 2 yet and I'm having a hard time not buying The Siren Calls background. I've been monitoring its price for the past couple hours while experiencing inner conflict over purchasing it. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I have a shred of pride. I have no doubt that I'll cave soon and buy it.[/QUOTE]

It's a nice background but I'd much rather have a Mechromancer profile pic.. I hope they add more profile cards.

[quote name='spoderman']It's a nice background but I'd much rather have a Mechromancer profile pic.. I hope they add more profile cards.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, on pure aesthetics. I'd rather have a Mechromancer background. Though, I haven't played the game, so I can't comment on which character is better in game. If I have the option I always play as a female lead. So, when Borderlands 2 GotY edition finally hits 7.50 I'll finally know which character is better.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I don't even own Borderlands 2 yet and I'm having a hard time not buying The Siren Calls background. I've been monitoring its price for the past couple hours while experiencing inner conflict over purchasing it. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I have a shred of pride. I have no doubt that I'll cave soon and buy it.[/QUOTE]

Don't look at the Crystal Maiden and Lina background for DOTA 2 then :D

[quote name='KaOTiK']Don't look at the Crystal Maiden and Lina background for DOTA 2 then :D[/QUOTE]

I saw it, and approve. Though, I will never buy them. I feel (somewhat) okay buying a Borderlands background knowing I'll play the game. I would feel completely foolish buying a background for a game I'll never play. A man's has got to have a code.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I saw it, and approve. Though, I will never buy them. I feel (somewhat) okay buying a Borderlands background knowing I'll play the game. I would feel completely foolish buying a background for a game I'll never play. A man's has got to have a code.[/QUOTE]

haha fair enough
I understand where you are coming from on that as well.

I play DOTA 2 and that was the only background I really liked, I was super lucky and got it when I crafted my DOTA 2 badge :D

Maybe at $2 or less.

I sold 'dat badboy for $2.75!

So, since a mod said this was OK again, might as well repost it.

I have nine Steam Trading Card beta invites from my TF2 idle accounts, but I can't trade them because of trading restrictions on said accounts. (I only have TF2 and you need to buy stuff on Steam to be able to trade non-TF2 items or something.) However I CAN gift them to people who still don't have it by sending the item as a gift to an email address. Then you log into your Steam account and click on the button in the email. You know, just like a normal gift.

If anyone wants one, send me a PM with your email and I'll send one to you.

And to add a comment about the moderation... um. This thread feels a lot more uh, free than the rest of CAG. We've got our own thing going here. The off-topic banter is fun and it's kept me around. I've posted more in the Steam threads in the past month than I have in like six years. Excessive moderation can drive away people.

So... yeah. Just saying, the mods might want to be a little bit more hands-off here. I say this respectfully and as an admin at another forum. Please don't yell at me. >_>;;

Well, I think part of the issue is having this thread bumped constantly on the main deals page of the forum. Makes people wander in thinking there must be some amazing deal...when really, it's our silly conversation.

Maybe we need an OTT of our own...but I like it here. This is home. I've come back after a long hiatus, and I've been enjoying myself. Seeing a couple pages worth of deleted material makes me sad. I was looking forward to seeing all the banter when I woke this morning, but everything was gone,

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']So, since a mod said this was OK again, might as well repost it.

I have nine Steam Trading Card beta invites from my TF2 idle accounts, but I can't trade them because of trading restrictions on said accounts. (I only have TF2 and you need to buy stuff on Steam to be able to trade non-TF2 items or something.) However I CAN gift them to people who still don't have it by sending the item as a gift to an email address. Then you log into your Steam account and click on the button in the email. You know, just like a normal gift.

If anyone wants one, send me a PM with your email and I'll send one to you.

And to add a comment about the moderation... um. This thread feels a lot more uh, free than the rest of CAG. We've got our own thing going here. The off-topic banter is fun and it's kept me around. I've posted more in the Steam threads in the past month than I have in like six years. Excessive moderation can drive away people.

So... yeah. Just saying, the mods might want to be a little bit more hands-off here. I say this respectfully and as an admin at another forum. Please don't yell at me. >_>;;[/QUOTE]
I don't think the issue is the off topic posts, it's users that report the posts. Then mods come in and drop delete nukes on anything non game related.

So, what we need to do is find out who reported it. It's a witch hunt....

[quote name='utopianmachine']Well, I think part of the issue is having this thread bumped constantly on the main deals page of the forum. Makes people wander in thinking there must be some amazing deal...when really, it's our silly conversation.

Maybe we need an OTT of our own...but I like it here. This is home. I've come back after a long hiatus, and I've been enjoying myself. Seeing a couple pages worth of deleted material makes me sad. I was looking forward to seeing all the banter when I woke this morning, but everything was gone,[/QUOTE]

And your return has been quite welcome :)

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I don't think the issue is the off topic posts, it's users that report the posts. Then mods come in and drop delete nukes on anything non game related.

So, what we need to do is find out who reported it. It's a witch hunt....[/QUOTE]

I suspect Idiotekque in the bathroom with the tablet. Did I win?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']And your return has been quite welcome :)

I suspect Idiotekque in the bathroom with the tablet. Did I win?[/QUOTE]

It was his laptop but close enough

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Somehow I read that as Valve adding trading cards to all steam games with achievements.[/QUOTE]
Mission Runway hellz yeah!
[quote name='spoderman']Bundle in a Box is live now.. and wow does it suck. I think there's only one game I don't have.

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/[/QUOTE]
Secret of the Magic Crystals in the bonus tier! Hellz yeah again!

No, seriously, that bundle bites.

I suspect Idiotekque in the bathroom with the tablet. Did I win?[/QUOTE]

I thought he said "witch hunt" not Clue!

[quote name='utopianmachine']Maybe we need an OTT of our own...but I like it here. This is home.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought of making an OOT thread - but it'd still be suspectible to whatever feelings some mod had at the time. It'd also most likely get way less traffic since you'd have to look in another forum - at that point why even keep it on this site?

http://www.reddit.com/r/steamthread

FzLlrDU6oLOxjIrj.jpg

[quote name='io']
Well, I did that ;). Again, though, I don't know the history of the temp bans and silencings so I can't speak to the reasons for those. In general, though, it takes pretty severe behavior for that.[/QUOTE]

Your posts are appreciated! It's always nice to get some sort of indication as to why a thread has gone off course. Otherwise people and posts just disappear and no one learns a thing.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']That would only work if people could no longer sign up for new accounts. As it is there is an infinite number of cards potentially available, and if valve continues adding games, it seems unlikely they would ever get anywhere near extinction.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='M_F_A_H']The original TF2 hats used to be worth well above actual piss to some people. Now they're somewhere below shit. Valve has unsealed the porta-potty to hell. The one designated for swagless patsies.[/QUOTE]

There really aren't an "infinite" number of cards available. A game like TF2 will likely have a glut of cards at any given time as long as it remains popular. A big factor is that it's free. It's also got those silly hats and items that drop and it already has its own little micro-economy flowing.

On the other hand, I think some of the other card sets will become really rare. Once the initial flood of cards is absorbed (each level takes at least one set dropped from two separate games), you'll only be able to rely on new sales and a handful of people that already own it and are just getting into trading for the first time.

The real interesting part will be when people begin to realize the market for those cards partially subsidizes the cost of buying the game. For instance, I've been on the fence on Don't Starve, but if I can pick it up for cheap and sell off the cards I may get three or four dollars off the retail cost and that just might tip the scale in favor of a purchase for me.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I h8 reddit[/QUOTE]

Mostly i just wanted to make the ostrich. That and I would KILL for upvotes and downvotes of posts on CAG. Let the community determine the value since the content is almost entirely community driven.

[quote name='spoderman']Bundle in a Box is live now.. and wow does it suck. I think there's only one game I don't have.

I enjoyed playing through the Blackwell series. For adventure gamers I think it's worth the price if they're looking for something to play through.

[quote name='Cojack426']I enjoyed playing through the Blackwell series. For adventure gamers I think it's worth the price if they're looking for something to play through.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. if you somehow missed the Groupees Wadjet Eye bundle (which was a better deal), or the other bundles they've been in..

Elder P in the Quad with a frisbee.

Also:
I don't know if TF2 drops cards on a f2p account. I just started playing it this week, played 3 hours while in the card beta, got 0 card drops. I then bought an item to go premium and received 5 cards next the time I played.

[quote name='Preedatore']Elder P in the Quad with a frisbee.

Also:
I don't know if TF2 drops cards on a f2p account. I just started playing it this week, played 3 hours while in the card beta, got 0 card drops. I then bought an item to go premium and received 5 cards next the time I played.[/QUOTE]

That behavior sounds consistent with what others have reported.

[quote name='warreni']That behavior sounds consistent with what others have reported.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. If you have a 'purchased' version of TF2, from say the orange box, you get drops, otherwise you need something like $9 in purchases to get drops. It's somewhere in the updated FAQ they made.

[quote name='Izod517']This is correct. If you have a 'purchased' version of TF2, from say the orange box, you get drops, otherwise you need something like $9 in purchases to get drops. It's somewhere in the updated FAQ they made.[/QUOTE]

Whoa hang on, unless something changed you only need to buy an item to upgrade TF2 to premium. I think it was in DOTA2 that you needed to have purchased $9 worth of stuff to get drops.

[quote name='Izod517']This is correct. If you have a 'purchased' version of TF2, from say the orange box, you get drops, otherwise you need something like $9 in purchases to get drops. It's somewhere in the updated FAQ they made.[/QUOTE]

*bzzzt*

I'm sure that's wrong. You qualify for your first five TF2 drops once your account had been upgraded from "free" to "premium". Any purchase of a TF2 item from their store should do it.

After THAT, you need to spend $9(?) in the store to get an additional drop, and so on.

Feel free to correct me, but I'm sure somebody here did that over the last week and it worked.

Dota 2 is a lot stingier, mind.

[quote name='annihilator']Whoa hang on, unless something changed you only need to buy an item to upgrade TF2 to premium. I think it was in DOTA2 that you needed to have purchased $9 worth of stuff to get drops.[/QUOTE]

Any purchase in tf2 gets you 5 drops. Every $9 spent gains another drop I believe.

[quote name='Flowette']*bzzzt*

I'm sure that's wrong. You qualify for your first five TF2 drops once your account had been upgraded from "free" to "premium". Any purchase of a TF2 item from their store should do it.

After THAT, you need to spend $9(?) in the store to get an additional drop, and so on.

Feel free to correct me, but I'm sure somebody here did that over the last week and it worked.

Dota 2 is a lot stingier, mind.[/QUOTE]

That's correct. I meant for that to be included in the 'purchase' but I wasn't exactly clear.

If you missed the Wadjet Eye bundle the non-BTA tier is a cheap way to get the Blackwell games.

Which I highly recommend.

EDIT: I'm terrible at Frisbee.

[/QUOTE]

Aw, thanks. Didn't know anyone cared. :grouphug:

It's not a bad bundle, if you missed the previous Blackwell bundle. Hamlet is garbage, though. Really, really dumb. Any references to Shakespeare's Hamlet feel very tacked on.

And Secret of the Magic Crystals has a demon horse. It looks emaciated and kind of pitiful, for an evil horse. Don't you want to play to get the demon horse? DON'T YOU?!

[quote name='utopianmachine']
And Secret of the Magic Crystals has a demon horse. It looks emaciated and kind of pitiful, for an evil horse. Don't you want to play to get the demon horse? DON'T YOU?![/QUOTE]

Well, I'd have to play to get the demon horse--I think that's a sop they tossed to us Y-enabled players who don't want to damage our brawny images by playing a game about raising horses.

One TF2 Trading Card invite sent to Syntax Error so far.

That Bundle in a Box bundle looks cool, though I already own most of the games in there.

ALSO MORE MAGICAL HORSES FOR EVERYONE YAY

Only two games I don't have, but I'd hardly say it sucks. There are some good games in that bundle.

There's a difference between a bundle having nothing for me and a bundle being crap.

So what's the cheapest thing I need to buy to make my Team Fortress 2 account a "paid" account? I'm not installing it just for card drops or anything, no.

i actually thought you only got the free 4-5 card drops if you were already premium before the beta arrived, but I guess it might be on upgrade, not sure.

[quote name='utopianmachine']So what's the cheapest thing I need to buy to make my Team Fortress 2 account a "paid" account? I'm not installing it just for card drops or anything, no.[/QUOTE]

I've heard $.49 but something like $.36 if you trial the item first.

Weekend Deals

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 at 50% off ($14.99)
Collector's Edition - $19.99
Siberian Strike DLC - $4.99

DmC: Devil May Cry 40% off ($29.99)
Complete Pack - $35.99
Vergil's Downfall DLC - $5.39
Weapon Bundle - $1.19

The Serious Sam Franchise is the daily deal at 75% off
The Complete Pack - $23.74
Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter - $1.49
Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter - $1.49
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter $3.74
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - $4.99
Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition (above 4 items) - $9.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Counter - Legend of the Beast DLC - $1.24
Serious Sam 2 - $2.49
Serious Sam 3: BFE - $9.99
Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile - $2.49
Serious Sam Double D - $1.99
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter - $1.24

[quote name='utopianmachine']Ah...um. I know nothing about Team Fortress. What do I need to buy specifically?[/QUOTE]

Hats.

250px-Towering_Pillar_of_Hats.png

On a serious note though, I too am curious as to what item is the best to procure as I get my computer back today and will be mining for cards tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back