The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
After selling today's new cards, I have $12.09 remaining in fun money. Just enough buy Rogue Legacy and make it through without spending any real money on Steam.

StarForge is calling to me. Should I ignore it?

I'm at the point in the sale where I realize that despite having almost $100 in card money at the start of this sale, I still have close to $50 left, and I've actually spent more money on cards to level up my account than I have on games. So maybe I'm just talking myself into being interested in StarForge because of the lack of good deals.

StarForge is calling to me. Should I ignore it?

I'm at the point in the sale where I realize that despite having almost $100 in card money at the start of this sale, I still have close to $50 left, and I've actually spent more money on cards to level up my account than I have on games. So maybe I'm just talking myself into being interested in StarForge because of the lack of good deals.
Yes, please. Buy it, and by the time you write up a full, detailed review for us, it'll be in a Groupees bundle for 75 cents. :)

Consider it a extended pre-order if you're interested.  Probably a good price to get it at (as I'm sure they'll rise the base price later) but there's very little in the way of content now.

Thanks for the recommendation, Idiotekque. I think I'm going to go for the solid old-school Armageddon and wait for the new game (Worms: Clan Wars) which will have full mod support with Steam Workshop. It will also save me having to buy extra DLC just to get weapons they took out.

Thanks for the recommendation, Idiotekque. I think I'm going to go for the solid old-school Armageddon and wait for the new game (Worms: Clan Wars) which will have full mod support with Steam Workshop. It will also save me having to buy extra DLC just to get weapons they took out.
If only I followed my own advice. I just spent $4.48 on Worms Revolution and Ultimate Mayhem DLC. :lol:

Hope you enjoy Armageddon though, it's really an awesome game. Single player stuff is fun on Armageddon too, the missions are challenging and fun, you unlock cheat/easter eggs and stuff as you go (like blood toggle), and the training exercises are pretty cool too (more unlocks).

The game is also moddable, super easily. You can make you own team flags/icons, graves, maps, even your own soundbanks for worms voices. Be sure to look around online too, there are some AMAZING map artists out there, and all you have to do is download the files and drop them in the right folder.

Worms Armageddon just plain rocks.

Everyone. If you don't own Worms Armageddon, BUY IT NOW. It's never been this cheap before, and it's hands down the greatest Worms game every created. Hell, multiplayer is still active.

$3.74 is a steal.

A few -s though:

- The menu and everything not in-match is 4:3 and low res

- No real window-mode

- No gamepad support

- Multiplayer community is more serious and it's not as pleasant to find a game compared to the newer ones.

It's an old game so some of this stuff is passable.

Absolutely do not buy W:A if you haven't played Worms before. Go with a modern one that'll hold your more.

Notes: I haven't checked Armageddon news in months so some flaws could have been fixed.

I've played well over 750 hours of Worms in my lifetime. <------------------- cool guy

A few -s though:

- The menu and everything not in-match is 4:3 and low res

- No real window-mode

- No gamepad support

- Multiplayer community is more serious and it's not as pleasant to find a game compared to the newer ones.

It's an old game so some of this stuff passable.

Absolutely do not buy W:A if you haven't played Worms before. Go with a modern one that'll hold your more.

Notes: I haven't checked Armageddon news in months so some flaws could have been fixed. I've played well over 750 hours of Worms in my lifetime.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I run it in 1920x1080 perfectly. If you're just talking about the menus... who even cares? They look fine anyways.

Worms sucks with a controller and shouldn't be played that way.

Multiplayer is hardcore often, but from what I've seen, multiplayer is kinda scarce on the other games and is only gonna get worse, so...

Warning people against Worms Armageddon if they're new to the series is silly. They still all play almost identically, and WA is still the better game.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I run it in 1920x1080 perfectly. If you're just talking about the menus... who even cares? They look fine anyways.

Multiplayer is hardcore often, but from what I've seen, multiplayer is kinda scarce on the other games and is only gonna get worse, so...

Warning people against Worms Armageddon if they're new to the series is silly. They still all play almost identically, and WA is still the better game.
You F5 this thread all day? This isn't the first time you've been quicker than my edit.

Does anyone need a Football Manager summer card? I will trade for any of these summer cards: Chivalry, Dead Island Riptide, or Torchlight II.

So Steam Achievement Manager has stopped working for me all of a sudden. I click on it and immediately get the "Steam Achievement Manager picker has stopped working..." error. I've tried redownloading and restarting to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered this and/or know how to fix it?

Yes, menus. And everything else. That's what I typed.

I often play in a golden recliner made of a goddess' pubic hair. Gamepads are better for that.

W:A doesn't have the amenities of newer Worms or modern games, in general. It's bare bones. Lacks:

- Extended single-player tutorials AKA campaign mode(s). They're missions for achievements and in-game money and not everybody hates them

- Unlockables and other goals for people who want more objectives

- Stronger in-game map editor

- More hats and silly shit like Bob Marley voices. I think someone who's avoided Worms all this time might be the type of person who wants that stuff

- More colorful, arguably more aesthetically pleasing graphics. W:A is slightly drab compared to Revolution, Reloaded and the XBOX twins

- Simple, newer graphical effects (but not many)

- Vertical maps

- Leaderboards. A wealth of 'em.
Bare Bones.

Yes, menus. And everything else. That's what I typed.

I often play in a golden recliner made of a goddess' pubic hair. Gamepads are better for that.

W:A doesn't have the amenities of newer Worms or modern games, in general. It's bare bones. Lacks:

- Extended single-player tutorials AKA campaign mode(s). They're missions for achievements and in-game money and not everybody hates them

- Unlockables and other goals for people who want more objectives

- Stronger in-game map editor

- More hats and silly shit like Bob Marley voices. I think someone who's avoided Worms all this time might be the type of person who wants that stuff

- More colorful, arguably more aesthetically pleasing graphics. W:A is slightly drab compared to Revolution, Reloaded and the XBOX twins

- Simple, newer graphical effects (but not many)

- Vertical maps

- Leaderboards. A wealth of 'em.
Bare Bones.
I still don't understand what you're talking about as far as the resolution. I believe my menus are only 1368x768 or so, but "everything else" is not low resolution. The Steam version adds an easy 1920x1080 resolution option. In game looks great.

As for bare bones, it is a bit, but on the flipside, a lot of the additions to the new games are quite pointless, cosmetic, and gimmicky. While some things are nice, they don't make up for the crappy physics engine. They also are NOT moddable as far as I know, whereas you can easily make or download your own content on Armageddon. That's pretty major, because the selection of things like graves, flags, etc are pretty limited on Revolution and Reloaded.

Also, map creation is far more open on Worms Armageddon...

maxresdefault.jpg

Can you do things like that on the new games? No...

But like I said, I'm not saying the new games are total shit (I just spent $4.48 on Revolution and Ultimate Mayhem DLC). They're charming too and have little extras that can be fun, but even for new players I believe Worms Armageddon is still the better choice. The hotseat play is awesome, too.

So Steam Achievement Manager has stopped working for me all of a sudden. I click on it and immediately get the "Steam Achievement Manager picker has stopped working..." error. I've tried redownloading and restarting to no avail.

Has anyone else encountered this and/or know how to fix it?
OMG you got bannzored

I still don't understand what you're talking about as far as the resolution. I believe my menus are only 1368x768 or so, but "everything else" is not low resolution. The Steam version adds an easy 1920x1080 resolution option. In game looks great.

As for bare bones, it is a bit, but on the flipside, a lot of the additions to the new games are quite pointless, cosmetic, and gimmicky. While some things are nice, they don't make up for the crappy physics engine. They also are NOT moddable as far as I know, whereas you can easily make or download your own content on Armageddon. That's pretty major, because the selection of things like graves, flags, etc are pretty limited on Revolution and Reloaded.

Also, map creation is far more open on Worms Armageddon...

maxresdefault.jpg

Can you do things like that on the new games? No...

But like I said, I'm not saying the new games are total shit. They're charming too and have little extras that can be fun, but even for new players I believe Worms Armageddon is still the better choice. The hotseat play is awesome, too.

I just played it for a minute and I'm glad to see that the menu issues have been fixed.

The "everything else" comment is attached to my menu remark. In retrospect, it's stupid because I was thinking of all the ugly-asss submenus.

I endorse Armageddon's gameplay too, and I'm only presenting my case for the best first-time experience. It's with a black guy, by the way. Bring a camera.

That Metroid map is fucking amazing.

Fo real doe.

I don't know what the hell the problem is. I just wanna hack my achievements idle for cards.

It locked up on me a while ago after closing a couple of running items and doing a Refresh games. I just closed it all down and releaunched, took two tries, all better now...

Everyone. If you don't own Worms Armageddon, BUY IT NOW. It's never been this cheap before, and it's hands down the greatest Worms game every created. Hell, multiplayer is still active.

$3.74 is a steal.

Geez, after reading this and the subsequent posts, I feel retarded for getting Reloaded and not saving enough to get any others. How does local coop work without controller support? Share The Chair© style?

Geez, after reading this and the subsequent posts, I feel retarded for getting Reloaded and not saving enough to get any others. How does local coop work without controller support? Share The Chair© style?
Share the chair, yup. I dunno, I could never play 2D worms with a controller... I have, on the Xbox 360, and it just doesn't feel right to me.

It locked up on me a while ago after closing a couple of running items and doing a Refresh games. I just closed it all down and releaunched, took two tries, all better now...
Except I can't even open it to begin with. I've tried restarting my computer and Steam. I've tried redownloading SAM and running as admin. Nothing works.

Ha ha, these deals you guys! Can't keep my wallet closed! Steam's taking all my money! Ha ha! Ha ha! Ha ha! Just bought Prison Architect! A banner game during the sale is always a good deal!
Picked up Prison Architect as well. The game looks really interesting and fun to play. I'll admit, $20 is a bit much for a game still in alpha, but I guess I'll consider it my contribution to the devs.

i bought a pack of prison tycoons for lik 5 bucks from amazon. that will do.

as for the cards. I price my cards above the lowest price and they always sell. its a matter of patience. ive made a habit of buying cheap panic cards for some games and just reselling them. i sold a card for 3 today that panic sellers were posting for 86 cents yesterday...guess who bought at 86 cents...this guy

Except I can't even open it to begin with. I've tried restarting my computer and Steam. I've tried redownloading SAM and running as admin. Nothing works.

Wow, that's odd. Only two requirements are .NET Framework 3.5 and SAM 6.3. If you were getting an access violation, app maker invites contact to resolve. Hmmmmm

i bought a pack of prison tycoons for lik 5 bucks from amazon. that will do.

as for the cards. I price my cards above the lowest price and they always sell. its a matter of patience. ive made a habit of buying cheap panic cards for some games and just reselling them. i sold a card for 3 today that panic sellers were posting for 86 cents yesterday...guess who bought at 86 cents...this guy
Where's this pack at?

Also, are you guys telling me that SAM helps you farm cards and that you don't have to idle the whole time?

In VTMB? Yeah: most of the game is played in first person. It's really only melee fights that are done in third person.
lmfao, no, was talking about The War Z

Yeah, like I said. I'm sure the game has a fair amount of problems. But when the main game you're comparing it to has quite a few as well, it somewhat feels like a moot point. My buddy and I did have one pretty cool experience last night. We happened upon a bunch of broken down cars in the road with tons of supplies strewn all about. As we were collecting them, two other players approached from another direction. One asked if we were friendly. We just didn't say anything, and instead of pushing their luck, they just kept moving, not trying to take anything. And for a video game, that was pretty cool. Since weapons are scarce, you can't just assume everyone is armed...but you can't assume that they're not either. It creates a very interesting dichotomy.

Once another friend joined and we had a group of three, I made the observation that people would probably just leave us alone because of us being in a group. It's interesting how the situation starts to reflect real life in that way. If you're just one person wandering the game by yourself, it's probably far more likely that someone (or a group) is going to screw with you. It's also worth noting that you can create groups with people once you've joined a server, which will then allow you to see where your friends are on the map..and even see their player indicator on-screen if you're trying to find them. Again, a feature that feels like the difference between a complete game and a mod.

You can also create clans with friends...but you have to have accumulated 20 hours in the game first. I haven't read anything on it, but our hope is that once we make a clan, it will allow us to spawn near each other, rather than having to track each other down. Even if that's not possible, at least having the player indicators makes a big difference. As for the microtransactions, yeah, I really don't like that either. I just pretend they don't exist, haha.

And yeah, you can switch between 1st and 3rd person view. You could do that in DayZ also though. I can't remember what key it is to switch your view. I used Xpadder to map my 360 controller right away, so I didn't really learn the keyboard commands (I guess that's another difference between the games. Dayz...well, really, Arma II has native controller support. WarZ does not). It's listed in the options though.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have complete and utter hate for the War Z, and yes, I do see the differences between a full game and a mod...but it's still comparable to the mod that in many aspects is still better than it. A full game should be able to stand well apart from a mod. Also, on topic of 360 controller, I found it really surprising that The War Z had native support...I mean, you didn't have access to all needed buttons, but it still by default had run, attack, aim, move, jump, etc mapped.

Wow, I didn't expect my post to be dismantled line by line like that... I wasn't looking for an argument (arguing on an internet forum...), so I guess I'll just drop it here :) No point going on and on about Ouya in this thread.
That's how its done in the Steam thread, discuss things that have absolutely no relation to Steam! But ya, wasn't making an argument, rather a discussion, as I just had specific things to say to various points you made in the hopes of fostering a more comprehensive take on the OUYA.

y u wer ugly hat
When you spawn in a construction site in the middle of the night with no zombies and find 4 of dem hats and a shovel, you best be flauntin' it!

This only works for cards that have already dropped to rock bottom, though. I sold two of my Omerta cards today for 31 cents each, the other three from not much less, and my Worms Revolution cards for a bit less. Omerta cards are only about 21 cents profit each now, and Worms cards are only about 17 cents profit. I also sold two of my Mars: War Logs cards for $1 each early on. How much do they go for now? About 30 cents.

The only reason I was able to sell for those prices... was undercutting. Not by an unreasonable amount, but it is a valid strategy and necessary if you want to sell early for better prices. If you're just gonna wait till the card prices hit rock bottom before selling, though, you can set your price at or a couple cents above the last average sale price and you'll still sell usually, it will just take longer.

/cardexpertlecture

I voted for it simply because 1. highest discount, 2. I ain't voting for 70% off an EA game, and 3. I think Batman is due for a price drop, and was at a lower discount.

But yeah, shitty choices this time, imo. Hope the next set is better.

Where's this pack at?

Also, are you guys telling me that SAM helps you farm cards and that you don't have to idle the whole time?
for me SAM helped the most in i did not have too install the game too idle, i got a bandwidth cap an those 10-30 gig games add up. you can idle multiple games but i made habit only doing one,

as more you do can mess up drop rates. but i have done 3 games idle with SAM while playing another an still got drops, just would mess up after 2-3 drops an would not get anymore in till i restarted steam an SAM

only reason never really shared my thoughts is if things go sour did not want get others ban for my actions an them copying me but so far never heard anyone get ban an think steam like the $$$ from sells will see thu

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back