The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I replied on the Steam thread:

Well, extremely dumb move on Valve's part unless they make level 10+ accounts have a higher foil drop rate. Why? Do you know how many accounts are level 10 with crafted badges? Not level 11. 10.

People are buying cards and crafting badges TO get to level 10 and have a shot at foil drops. I was. Now there's no reason to craft anything, I'll just sell every drop I get (hopefully a foil or two) and get free games. Crafting costs at the very least $3 a badge, and usually gives you an emote and background that you could buy for a quarter each.

I already thought the system was dumb, now it's dumb and pointless. Smooth move Valve! Now you won't be getting any of my :coin:!

EDIT: And yeah, I'm really annoyed that they made this idiotic decision so late. Wasted all my drops, whoo.

it's just not fun anymore. You all have to work together to reach a goal/explore because your enemies respawn countless times over, and every match is either filled with kids who don't know what's going on or players who think they're amazing, talk shit, then try to kick you or kill the server and ruin your match. And you get people who grief the game by killing themselves or trying to kill you (there's no way to turn off friendly fire) and crippling the team. The only way to have fun now is to either play with a bunch of people you know, or to play with friends against bots. Otherwise, idle the shit out of the game for cards.

We talkin' about L4D2 or real life?

Well, this escalated into harshly depressing quickly. ._.

I still wish they'd let us get the -complete- amount of cards you can get instead of half - including doubles. But noooooooo.

I have no real reason to go over level 10 now. None.

I don't think is worse these way.. it is still beta, they can make whatever changes they want.  And I know it probably sucks if you were spending money to get to level 10 (I was trying to do that by selling high$ cards and buying low$ cards).  But now I think I like it more, it's just about people who really like some game, and want to have a background or emoticon, even the show off badge.  There's no real HAVE-TO-SPEND-money involved now and we can still have a chance to get foils and sell them.  Maybe they add some incentive for being level 10, who knows, it's early still, but it's not as bad now either.

I still wish they'd let us get the -complete- amount of cards you can get instead of half - including doubles. But noooooooo.

I have no real reason to go over level 10 now. None.
If you could get all of the cards yourself nothing about this system would be even slightly interesting.

It might have been better had the cards not been marketable, though. If you were forced to trade other games cards with your friends to finish the sets of the games you really liked/wanted a background from, that might be more meaningful.

As it is, I think the system is still pretty cool and I'm not complaining about the $15 or so dollars I've made off of it so far.

FOIL TANK BITCHES! Finally! Funny thing is my main account is level 10 havn't seen 1 foil out of over 25-30 cards, was on my alt steam account and ended up with a foil tank lol.

They fucked the fucked system. It's only going downhill. It was already limited, boring, and mostly pointless (beyond just cashing in for Steam wallet). Now there's no reason to craft badges, at all, whatsoever.

Watch them just change it back in a week.

Playing L4D2 for card drops today made me realize why I stopped playing: the community is so much worse than other games, like MW3 and CS, that it's just not fun anymore. You all have to work together to reach a goal/explore because your enemies respawn countless times over, and every match is either filled with kids who don't know what's going on or players who think they're amazing, talk shit, then try to kick you or kill the server and ruin your match. And you get people who grief the game by killing themselves or trying to kill you (there's no way to turn off friendly fire) and crippling the team. The only way to have fun now is to either play with a bunch of people you know, or to play with friends against bots. Otherwise, idle the shit out of the game for cards.
I found it to be like that pretty much in week 1. My best experience with the L4D series is with the first game. The first few months of release everyone was having a good time and laughing. Then people started to get all serious and act like assholes.

Well, under level 10 Steam accounts can get foil card drops now. A Valve employee posted this in a thread.

Yes, we have changed it so that all users have a chance to get Foil drops. We'll post about it in the new games announcement soon. We had a few reasons for having it initially but the overall feedback from users was that having the level 10 requirement was a net negative, and actually prevented users from wanting to play games.
Thankfully I didn't waste TOO much money on badges yet.
I have yet to get a foil card and I've done at least 8 or 9 of the games.

They fucked the fucked system. It's only going downhill. It was already limited, boring, and mostly pointless (beyond just cashing in for Steam wallet). Now there's no reason to craft badges, at all, whatsoever.

Havn't been closely following the thread. So did they make it so that any level could get foil drops or was I lucky?

That's not totally true.. some of the things you can craft are of the Uncommon or Rare variety. I just sold a rare emoticon for about $4.

Yea I wasted like 6 bucks getting to level 10, a little annoying but not to badly considering I have around $85 freeish steam wallet (besides electicity) at the moment. Also I got a salvaged man co. crate #50 on tf2 which sells for round 11 bucks so there's that as well =)

edit. is there anyway to change this horrible backround color, i can't read cag that well anymore

One less reason the trading card beta is irrelevant.  Oh well, I guess people will start "gambling" with alt accounts now so that's cool too I guess.  

Also in case anyone didn't notice, the latest version of Enhanced Steam lets you pick which profile background you want.  Anyone else with Enhanced Steam will be able to see that profile background on your page.  That's over 50,000 users and growing now, and it was also featured again on GHacks today.

I guess that leaves... emoticons?  Coupons?  I'm not sure why anyone would craft a single badge ever again at this point - it will be interesting to see if the economy collapses.

One less reason the trading card beta is irrelevant. Oh well, I guess people will start "gambling" with alt accounts now so that's cool too I guess.

Also in case anyone didn't notice, the latest version of Enhanced Steam lets you pick which profile background you want. Anyone else with Enhanced Steam will be able to see that profile background on your page. That's over 50,000 users and growing now, and it was also featured again on GHacks today.

I guess that leaves... emoticons? Coupons? I'm not sure why anyone would craft a single badge ever again at this point - it will be interesting to see if the economy collapses.
inb4valvesuesyou

For the longest time i thought Steam should reward long time users in some way. Trading cards come and years of service now counts for something. Yay. Oh wait, Steam level now means nothing once again thanks to a poor decision.

Figures I'd read this thread after I did some "Sell high, buy low" to get up to level nine (TF2 & Portal 2).  Oh well, at least I wasn't tempted to purchase cards out of pocket but I would have rather just sold cards, stayed at level 7 and kept the cash. :oldman:

Figures I'd read this thread after I did some "Sell high, buy low" to get up to level nine (TF2 & Portal 2). Oh well, at least I wasn't tempted to purchase cards out of pocket but I would have rather just sold cards, stayed at level 7 and kept the cash. :oldman:
I was lucky enough to not buy any cards and simply sell mine. With that said I had been thinking about buying a few to finish a set and get to level 10 for the past couple of days. I do feel like it is a bit silly that they are doing this now after so many tried to, or did, get to level 10.

It should be said, if you want any backgrounds or emotes, buying them is much cheaper than crafting badges and having a low chance at getting them. Even the most expensive backgrounds and emotes drop in price very quickly. For example, the priciest Faerie Solitaire background was $7 yesterday. Today it's $3.50ish.

So yeah, crafting badges = totally pointless.

FOIL TANK BITCHES! Finally! Funny thing is my main account is level 10 havn't seen 1 foil out of over 25-30 cards, was on my alt steam account and ended up with a foil tank lol.
Nice.

I read that as "the value of foils is tanking" at first. It seems likely that it will; the CAGs (good) and everyone else (bad) are gonna have a fucking field-day with their TF2 alt accounts.

The backlash could dispel these free-money opportunities so I wish people would yell more quietly.

These cards are going to pay for most of the games that I get directly from Valve, and you can always flip dat Steam money clip for something else. I want them to stay.

That's not totally true.. some of the things you can craft are of the Uncommon or Rare variety. I just sold a rare emoticon for about $4.
And how much did you spend (or how much value did you not sell off) to get that emote?
Well.. nothing really. I've sold cards from games I own and used some of the proceeds to craft several badges.

I haven't made as much had I simply sold every card I own, but I've had a little fun along the way.

Well.. nothing really. I've sold cards from games I own and used some of the proceeds to craft several badges.

I haven't made as much had I simply sold every card I own, but I've had a little fun along the way.
"Nothing"? I don't understand the logic of that, since the cards you sold/used and the Steam wallet profit/possible profit of those cards was used to make a badge that got you the emote that you sold for $4.

I'm sure you spent/used over $4 worth of cards/card profit, I'm saying.

Random question -- does anyone know if there's any kind of region lock on a Steam key for Max Payne 2?  I know that the Steam store in several countries has different versions of the game (i.e. the Italian language version of the game in the Italian Steam store).  What would happen if someone from that country tried to activate a key of that game originally bought in a US store like Amazon?

So since a 2-pack of Cubemen 2 was a mere 50 cents more than a single copy, I bought the 2-pack and sent to extra copy to my wife who will idle the game on her account and trade the card drops back to me to sell on the market.  Thinking I can get that half dollar back, even if the card prices do take a dive.

I had the damnedest time selling my last Cubemen 2 card. Ended up only making 35 cents on that card.

It should be said, if you want any backgrounds or emotes, buying them is much cheaper than crafting badges and having a low chance at getting them. Even the most expensive backgrounds and emotes drop in price very quickly. For example, the priciest Faerie Solitaire background was $7 yesterday. Today it's $3.50ish.

So yeah, crafting badges = totally pointless.
Not true, you get awesome 25% off, non-stackable, coupons.

"Nothing"? I don't understand the logic of that, since the cards you sold/used and the Steam wallet profit/possible profit of those cards was used to make a badge that got you the emote that you sold for $4.

I'm sure you spent/used over $4 worth of cards/card profit, I'm saying.
Nah, I "bought" the cards I needed to craft for less than the others I sold. Timing is everything.

There's no denying the most profitable route is to sell everything. I'm having a bit of fun on the side and it's not costing me additional money. And who knows... maybe Valve will re-incentivise Steam ranks at some point?

Nah, I "bought" the cards I needed to craft for less than the others I sold. Timing is everything.

There's no denying the most profitable route is to sell everything. I'm having a bit of fun on the side and it's not costing me additional money. And who knows... maybe Valve will re-incentivise Steam ranks at some point?
That's what i've done, those FS cards are cheap, so I just had to sell like 3 other cards and I could complete the set. That can be done with more games as valve enters more games in the beta.

I think the change is overall good. No need to alienate new users from foils. I would have made it so the higher level people get better rare card drop rates. Foils still sell well with no real purpose for them.

I think the change is overall good. No need to alienate new users from foils. I would have made it so the higher level people get better rare card drop rates. Foils still sell well with no real purpose for them.
It's a good change for us, but bad for Valve. It also defeats the purpose of the crafting system. I agree that level 10+ should get better drop rates though. Having drop rate depend on level would be a huge incentive for people to craft badges.

Ah, the dark theme is SO much better. No more bleeding eyes.

I was automatically level 10 when I joined the trading card beta, so I didn't have much incentive to create badges at all. I've pretty much been selling all of the cards I got (been holding onto my TF2/FS cards since they sell for so little). If Valve were to give better foil drop rates or even make the emotes/profile backgrounds a possible drop, that would give me some good incentive to craft more badges and get my level up.

FYI, Trine 2 had some new content released, and you can no longer buy the Goblin Menace DLC. Instead, there's an option to upgrade your base copy to "The Complete Story" which includes Goblin Menace and the new content, Dwarven Caverns. The upgrade is $5. Will definitely snag that the next time there's a 75% off sale on the Trine games.

EDIT: Also, what Civ5 DLC would you recommend? I've already got Gods & Kings and I remember somebody said the Explorer's Pack is good. Any other good ones?

It's a good change for us, but bad for Valve. It also defeats the purpose of the crafting system. I agree that level 10+ should get better drop rates though. Having drop rate depend on level would be a huge incentive for people to craft badges.
It's only good for us if the system doesn't flop and/or the card economy doesn't crash due to rising pointlessness in crafting badges.

Your Steam level having a point was a strong gimmick holding up the system. Now the only gimmick is backgrounds and emotes, which are cheaper to buy by themselves... Right now it's not really public knowledge that under level 10 accounts can get foil drops, it was only mentioned ONE time in ONE Steam thread by an employee. Once that becomes public knowledge, things may drift in a different, terrible, direction.

Then again, humans are swine. Maybe nothing will change and they'll continue to waste their time and money on a completely pointless system.

@idiot

Well, the point about lv10 & foil cards is valid... Steam Level is now some pointless number to beat your friends over the head with and make you feel smug and superior to others.  There are certainly some people who will continue to buy cards to increase it.  Also some other people might get some personal satisfaction out of select badges... I could see Bad Rats or Coconut Queen badges being popular in these parts.

...pokesteam is is beta so I expect they will continue to tinker with it to maximize profits.

I miss Steam Rating being the relevant number... it doesn't say much, but it does indicate if one has been playing steam games lately.

Well, looks like the under level 10 foils update was in the new games announcement this morning. I'm surprised no one noticed (or said anything about it).

Either way, we'll see if this affects the market. I honestly just want them to keep this card thing FUN. It's going downhill.

I miss the "Time played in the last two weeks" game listing. They added a total time played meter back, but it's just total. Not individual games. So your "Games recently played" list shows you loading up Legendary Heroes to scream at your monitor incoherantly for 5 minutes instead of the 10 hours you had been playing on Xcom.

Less room for typing absolute shit on your profile too, which I sorta miss. Can't get walls of awful text now. Or at least as easily, maybe someone can half-ass it with the "Showcase" for text.

Less room for typing absolute shit on your profile too, which I sorta miss. Can't get walls of awful text now. Or at least as easily, maybe someone can half-ass it with the "Showcase" for text.
The giant ASCII cocks will be sorely missed.

Agreed with those saying the cards are getting bo-ring/bad. Tried to collect Cubeman cards, just ended up selling em all off. I will only collect cards for games i care about now for personal value, for exmaple if they put up Batman cards I'm on the like a bitch.

Agreed with those saying the cards are getting bo-ring/bad. Tried to collect Cubeman cards, just ended up selling em all off. I will only collect cards for games i care about now for personal value, for exmaple if they put up Batman cards I'm on the like a bitch.
Same here. Cubemen 2 is the first game that I'm selling the cards from, and I wish that I'd started doing so with Really Big Sky and Faerie Solitaire. (At least with Portal 2 / HL2 / TF2 / BL2 I actually liked those games, so I don't care so much about the money that I wasted with those cards.)

Has no one posted this yet? Incoming game list to be added to the trading card beta:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamTradingCards/comments/1fgfm8/titles_with_incoming_trading_cards/
That is awesome, thankyou.

Of last night's additions, I only had L4D2 and (after a generous gift from Preedatore) Cubemen 2. I think I'll sell all of my cards this time around and pick up something in the next "wave" of card releases.

p.s. Thanks to Fox for pointing out that Triple Town is 50% off on Amazon, that's my afternoon gaming sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back