The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Think of the money they're losing from giving those of us who spend little to nothing on cards, and keep stocking up on that money to buy Steam games. I'd imagine Valve brings in more money from those who've collectively spent millions on these damn cards, but hey, you've gotta take into account the money that they're losing because of it as well. ;)

I haven't spent a dime on Steam in the past month outside of virtual trading card moneys.

Sorry, that's a really long post and I was interrupted halfway through and was typing on my phone, but I think it makes sense.
You're fucking joking, right?

Think of the money they're losing from giving those of us who spend little to nothing on cards, and keep stocking up on that money to buy Steam games. I'd imagine Valve brings in more money from those who've collectively spent millions on these damn cards, but hey, you've gotta take into account the money that they're losing because of it as well. ;)

I haven't spent a dime on Steam in the past month outside of virtual trading card moneys.
That's the point that's being made in the last page.

They aren't LOSING that money, because it's coming from users who have had to put their own money into the closed Steam wallet system. It's all money that enters once somebody adds money to their wallet, and then it's just a bunch of shuffling around on spreadsheets at Valve HQ.

I'm not sure how I feel overall when it comes to the cards and leveling up my profile. The social aspects of it really don't concern me. It's nice to be able to get these cards for games I have and when I get one I dump them off cheap other than that they have no real value or interest for me. The cards I see being good for developers who add support will see a jump in their game sales from people either crafting or selling. I'll never buy a game just for cards to sell, but if a game I've already got in my list has it, sure I'll play it to try and get some cards.

Sorry, that's a really long post and I was interrupted halfway through and was typing on my phone, but I think it makes sense.
You're fucking joking, right?

That's the point that's being made in the last page.

They aren't LOSING that money, because it's coming from users who have had to put their own money into the closed Steam wallet system. It's all money that enters once somebody adds money to their wallet, and then it's just a bunch of shuffling around on spreadsheets at Valve HQ.
TLDR'd anything before 2 pages ago, my bad. =S

Didn't think about that. Those clever money-printin' sons o' bitches!

Guns Of Icarus Online cards are not to far away...

source: facebook
Orox Gamer> Are the Trading Cards still planned for the summer sale?
Guns of Icarus Online> Yes! We have some revisions to make on Monday, then we should be set.

A couple months ago Gabe did a slew of interviews. During one he described the exact strategy behind the market and trading cards beta.

Valve has been looking for more and more ways to allow players to monetize their contributions to the community. The fact that some of us who are savvy consumers are benefiting strongly from trading cards is by design. Valve has given us the means to create a product and sell it, contributing to a new layer of steam's systems and economy. They set it up so that they can profit while we profit and our customers profit. That's the magic of the digital age: value can be created that is good for all angles of the transaction because scarcity means less when you're dealing with 1's and 0's.

Think about this quote (can't remember the source to cite it): "In practice, most gamers fall into one of two camps: those who don't have enough time to devote to gaming and those who don't have enough money to devote to gaming."

Free to play is basically the solution to that quandary when it comes to MMOs. Free users become the lower class in relation to pay users, giving them a reason to buy elevated status in the form of cosmetic items or time-saving consumables. In exchange, the free users get to play on the back of the pay users. And without their existence? There's no real motivation to lead those with money to want these status elevating items. They need someone to distinguish themselves from. It's genius. F2P lets free players create value without paying.

The trading card beta is no different. It gives people a way to turn their time into money and their money into time.

TLDR: Valve is a magical money-time alchemist and trading cards are their Philosopher's Stone.

-- CUT --
Yeah, that would only work if no one else was going to get any drops from the game. Without the leveling up incentive and with so many games on the market, there's little incentive for people to collect cards/craft badges for a lot games. Monaco cards are rarer, but even rarer is someone trying to craft a Monaco badge so people keep dropping the price.

My foil has yet to sell due to the crash :( And only two total of it have sold so far, one for .92 cents...lol

ther
There may be a incentive for leveling up booster pack drop rate... booster pack = 3 card drop(for when you have 0 drops left)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/864969953748314145/#c864970485959460117

-- CUT --

For boosters, we were thinking that we would add a bonus to your booster pack drop rate based on your Steam Level, to give more incentives to craft badges while still giving everyone a chance. Something like:
Level 10: +20% booster pack drop rate
Level 20: +40% booster pack drop rate
Level 30: +60% booster pack drop rate
etc.
So a Level 50 users would get boosters at double the rate of a level 1 user.
Another option would be to make it so the booster you can get are better somehow at higher levels, but we haven't thought through what that would look like.

-- CUT --

It's also worth mentioning that getting free Steam Wallet money encourages people to buy something they wouldn't have bought with they real money, because it would feel like a waste. For example, CAG newbie read a lot here that he shouldn't buy a steam game unless it's on 75% off sale. Fine, but hey, Daily Deal Hydrophobia at 50%! With $1.25 earned by selling cards, it feels for him like Hydrophobia is on 75% off! That's the right price! What a deal! So he went in and bought it...
and within a week it was bundled with 4 other games for $1, but that's a different story...

Basically Valve made a cut from $1.25 more than they would have made before introducing cards (~$0.38) and in addition they get another cut from $0.17 (~12%) card market fee.

Second important thing, maybe even more valuable for them, they force the habit of buying games on Steam. We all now where does this lead.

Don't forget that when someone buys Steam scrip in the form of Steam wallet, Valve has access to that money at that point. They could be using it, investing it, whatever they want to do with it. When someone then spends their Steam wallet Valve has to send off whatever cut to whatever parties and keep the rest of their cut even though they had the use of that money the whole time.

On top of that, exchanging real money to funny money means there's going to be some percentage of that that never gets used due to people forgetting/getting lazy, buying it then dying of a heart attack seconds later, etc. Even though I'm sure in Valve's bookkeeping they have to leave that earmarked as still in the wild and possibly going to be used (And I'm sure they have at least a percentage of all Steam wallet at hand for when people spend it) they still have the actual money for use themselves.

Valve benefits from absolutely every angle of it, and none of what they're doing is particularly shady or shitty or hurting their customers. In fact it's by and large benefiting their customers, since even the deranged people actually buying the cards are getting something they apparently value. It's simple to think about once it's all up and running, but the impressive part is Valve getting it set up like this in the first place.

And on an unrelated note, haven't really been playing Steam games but by god I just thrashed Xeen. Time for the darkside!

g0n4lgb.png

All your PokeSteam talk almost made me milk+nose* when a Happy Hardcore DJ mix of this came on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7k3ma7YNmo

*Thankfully I wasn't drinking milk.

Hey guys, when is the summer sale start and does it have cards for me to buy in drops during summer sale like buy daily get card or does this not happen ok thank you for answer. 

Hey guys, when is the summer sale start and does it have cards for me to buy in drops during summer sale like buy daily get card or does this not happen ok thank you for answer.

July 9, not sure if that's this year though. :bouncy:

probably is though.

What about the Origin Fall Sale?

July 9, not sure if that's this year though. :bouncy:

probably is though.

What about the Origin Fall Sale?
Hey guy,

bad news, spoke to origin, said no fall sale this year, said u want free games, steam has them for u this year, says please wait for new origin feature called origin cardz... require always online drm to get...like 24-7 even when you not play. u can't sell them but origin will let u trade them in for code gives 10% off new games.

Don't you mean the Origin fall glitch that lets you get over half of their games for free as a ploy to get people to actually use the service?

Today's deal is Forge at 75% off ($4.99 or $14.99 for a 4-pack)* 66% off ($6.80 or $20.40 for a 4-pack)

*changed price mistake

The sale is likely to celebrate an update today that brought a new class, The Tinker.

Weeklong Deals

http://groupees.com/bab6 Have people started guessing yet? Faerie Solitaire card market might crash even further if that's what the faerie is hinting towards.
Feel free to start (from the chat):

Hint 1) Steam, Desura, DRM-Free with PC, Mac, and Linux
Hint 2) Never bundled by Groupees before
Hint 3) 4 Linux Games
Hint 4) 9 Featured games, with at least 5 bonuses
Hint 5) Genres: platformer, rpg, strategy, puzzle, racing, shooter, possibly adventure
Hint 6) One game from 2010, one game from 2011, most are newer.
Hint 7) 2 to 3 at most have been in prior bundles.
Hint 8) The maybe adventure has NEVER been bundled before
Guess Away! Bundle starts Tuesday or Wednesday

Which bundle was Anodyne in? Most of you already own it, but I seem to have missed out/not redeemed my key after it was Greenlit.

Just bought A.R.E.S. because I've become a card addict. Cubemen 2 already paid for itself. 

Finally got a foil but it was Trine 2 and got about $3 and some change for it. 

Anodyne was just listed on the Humble Store once for $1, I believe, so I'd imagine most people jumped on it then.  I don't think it was ever in a bundle.  At least not yet.

Anodyne was just listed on the Humble Store once for $1, I believe, so I'd imagine most people jumped on it then. I don't think it was ever in a bundle. At least not yet.
Thanks for the unintentional reminder! I bought it from HB but never went back and got my Steam key.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but the Midnight Mysteries Collection is also 75% as part of the week long deals, though it wasn't advertised.

The individual games are also on sale for 75% off.
thanks for the heads up ;)

Anyone have an opinion on these? How do they compare with other hidden object games?
I want them, but I'm hoping jake nome comes back to reselling during the summer sale. I passed on the mumbo jumbo complete pack for I think he was asking like 15-20 dollars. So keep that in mind.

So is ARES Extinction Agenda $2.50 worth of fun? The purchase price meets the 75% off rule but it has been bundled before.

I finished it but that was a dark time in my life; I ran out of lightbulbs so I stayed where I was until daybreak and played A.R.E.S.

I didn't enjoy anything, including moving and shooting. There's no saving grace here.

Note: It was about 2 hours long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back