The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely considering Chernobyl, because it's giving me Rogue Warrior vibes.
I can't say why, I'm not much for shooters (though I'm playing Hard Reset atm) but that has some draw.

Personally, I'm picking up Off-Road Drive for sure.

Spectraball is well done (in the Marble-Madness lineage.. the closest relative is Neverball/Neverputt (Free/Open Sauce)

Woo, got a foil from Super Meat Boy! First my Heat win in epic fashion, and now this. It's been a good day! :)

Glorious Ray of Nazareth.

I pimp near Tampa and consider myself a Heat fan rather than a Magic fan -- I always disliked Orlando with the exception being Lil Penny, he was cool.

Do you approve of this?

Managed to sell an Anodyne foil for a few cents over $19. My SS3 foil, on the other hand, didn't sell for $5. :(

Whoa, the Game Collector badge now seperates games from DLC. I went from 931 to 745. :(
I went from around 1.2k to just over 800. :whee:

Pretty sure the old game counting mechanic counted DLC as seperate games. If you clicked on all games it gave you the real number of actual different games on your account, which is the new number now.
It definitely counted DLC (and stuff considered DLC by Steam) in the "game" count.

Woo, got a foil from Super Meat Boy! First my Heat win in epic fashion, and now this. It's been a good day! :)

Glorious Ray of Nazareth.

I pimp near Tampa and consider myself a Heat fan rather than a Magic fan -- I always disliked Orlando with the exception being Lil Penny, he was cool.

Do you approve of this?
Lil' Penny was awesome back in the day. And Jesus Shuttlesworth just saved the season! I need to pick up NBA 2K13 eventually just so I can play as the Heat.

I feel like Mooby, but that bundle sucks.
I second this-might go for Aeon Command; the rest of these look terrible. (FYI Ashes, Off Road was in the first BundleStars.)

I got Aeon Command from some old greenlight limeade-stand and I had a shot or two before I gave it a shot or two.

It's rapid click-spamming. That's it. The team on the left versus the team on the right -- the one that churns out the most units wins.

click click click click click click click click click click I win!

A tip of the hat to GabeN for incentivizing buying more Steam games than you will ever, ever play.  Or your children will play.  Or their children.

Unless my grandkids like Rig'N Roll.

Free Battlefield 3 "Close Quarters" expansion today and tomorrow, just go into the Origin store to grab it.

It's Origin... but since BF3 isn't on Steam, and it's free, I thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: Or not, it's showing up at $7.49 for me. Oh EA. :roll:

If the promotion is still live you have to go into Origin, click the Redeem Promo/Product Code button and enter BF3E3

It's not just free in the store or when you add it to cart.

Dammit, that would have been easy! Missed it, but Thanks anyway!
sorry, still trying to learn how to use cag 3.0, it makes me feel so stupid lol

I should've just pm'ed you the code but lack of sleep and lack of knowledge how to use the updated site did me in.
Missed this. It's not a problem, another generous CAG was kind enough to PM me a key :) Thanks anyway though!

yay! i got a trine 2 booster pack while i was sleeping. i guess u dont even have to be online to get it. now to decide if i want to unpack it or sell it straight up...   =P~

Check out the price history on the G-Man emoticon. May 14th, somebody paid $73.30. June 19th, the asking price is $1.07.

Money well spent.
No only that, but on May 19th (5 days later) it sold for $0.44

I'm kind of intrigued by the ability to perhaps share my Steam library, even if it's with people who live in the same house. As a father of two teenagers, I would love to lend them some games from my Steam library. For example, my son has been wanting to play the newest Tomb Raider game, which I have on my account. Currently, he would have to sign out of his Steam account and I would have to sign into mine on his computer for him to play it.

He wouldn't have the "full experience" as I've already unlocked 90% of the single player achievements. The prospect of simply lending him the game (which I'm finished with) sounds like it would be the best solution.

I'm also glad that news outlets such as Kotaku are covering this. Hopefully it'll hold Valve's feet to the fire to give an official announcement soon.

DotD is The Secret World for $14.99.  Great game and what I paid for it, but I am waiting to see if it ever hits 75% off as I want to gift it to someone.

I really don't play multi-player games all that much. But out of curiosity, is it possible for somebody who owns the Secret World on steam to play with somebody who has it outside of steam?

I really don't play multi-player games all that much. But out of curiosity, is it possible for somebody who owns the Secret World on steam to play with somebody who has it outside of steam?
If it works like pretty much every other MMO on the market, yes.

I got Aeon Command from some old greenlight limeade-stand and I had a shot or two before I gave it a shot or two.

It's rapid click-spamming. That's it. The team on the left versus the team on the right -- the one that churns out the most units wins.

click click click click click click click click click click I win!
Oh, so it's just like Command and Conquer 4? Yuck!

If anyone buys TSW and is interested in more than just the mission based content you can solo,(boring) and want to experience some end game content PM me.

(Meekly raises hand.)  May I ask a stupid question....?

Are there any MMORPG's that have native Xbox 360 controller support?  I'm tired of mapping everything using XPadder and PinnacleGameProfiler.  (Guild Wars 2, Secret World, etc)  Neverwinter apparently tried to give it a go, but supposedly shut down controller support after it failed to work in the open beta.

(Meekly lowers hand.)  Thanks!

(Meekly raises hand.) May I ask a stupid question....?

Are there any MMORPG's that have native Xbox 360 controller support? I'm tired of mapping everything using XPadder and PinnacleGameProfiler. (Guild Wars 2, Secret World, etc) Neverwinter apparently tried to give it a go, but supposedly shut down controller support after it failed to work in the open beta.

(Meekly lowers hand.) Thanks!
I think Tera does.

I don't know how I'd even play TSW with a controller

Are there any MMORPG's that have native Xbox 360 controller support? I'm tired of mapping everything using XPadder and PinnacleGameProfiler. (Guild Wars 2, Secret World, etc) Neverwinter apparently tried to give it a go, but supposedly shut down controller support after it failed to work in the open beta.

I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy XI does. There is a "configuration" app you can run from the home (start) screen that lets you select a controller layout and remap the buttons if you wish.

Thanks for the replies.

This next generation of consoles can't arrive soon enough!  Then I'll finally be able to give those kind of games a whirl.  (Supposedly free-to-play and MMO's are going to be big next-gen.)

FF11 and FF14 (both old and ARR) both support controllers.   FF11 on PC was built with PS2 in mind.  It plays incredibly well with a controller if you have the right macro sets.  DCU Online has controller support as well I believe - I haven't touched it since Beta.

As an ex-MMO player I highly recommend you completely skip the damn genre!

I merely jumped from lv7 to lv11 with my Director of Acquisitions badge. I like that I now get a showcase... I didn't realized I had a couple of 0% achievements from Saints Row 3 and and handful of 1% achieves from Magicka (both of whichI only played it for fun, not achieves -- and magicka only in SP, once, on the base game).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/asheskitty
Actually, those 0% achievements from SR3 are incorrect. If you check the how many users have those achievements that show up in the showcase, it's definitely a lot more than 0%. For some reason, the achievement showcase thinks they're rare. It's been like that for quite a while.
I noticed the same thing with my SR3 achievements, they didn't seem rare at all but it said 0% of players had them. Pretty annoying that they're taking up space in my showcase when they shouldn't be.

It's a fantastic game. I picked it up off Amazon a while back for ~$13, and I don't regret it at all. I'm probably going to sub, as I think the game is that good.

It's also entirely possibly to play most of it without dealing with anyone else. The single-player storyline is very well fleshed out, and the only things that REQUIRE groups are dungeons, and those are pretty much optional (but well worth your while.) Everything else can be done solo - in fact some of the story mission require you to do parts of them solo.

Concerning the new Groupees bundle, is it even worth picking up Chernobyl Commando and Smash Cat considering they're not even on Greenlight?

I played through the game, did almost every mission and the must fun part of the game are the dungeons, pvp is enjoyable but unless you're in a premade group you usually get rolled.

As far as the dungeons/lairs/raids go. Dungeons are 5 man, start with normal, then elite, then nightmare. Nightmare dungeons are when things get good. Everything changes. You can pretty much roll your face on the keyboard to beat things in the game, nightmare tests your skill level. To even get into nightmare dungeons you need to have completed all dungeons in elite mode and then Defeat the gatekeeper(solo).

Nightmare dungeons are also on a timer. You can do each of them 1 time every 16 hours, regardless of if you finish them or get into a group of shit players that can't beat a boss.

Not a MMORPG, (It's a MMOTPS) but Defiance has some of the elements of them.. with full native controller support.

Speaking of Defiance, there will be a Raptr reward for a 30% off coupon tomorrow. It doesn't specify, but I would assume that it's for Steam. It may stack with a future sale. Qualifying is easy as you just need to verify email, run the app, and be dedicated in a game from a list that has some popular titles including a couple that are free-to-play.

In two weeks there will also be DLC rewards for those that have the game.

Yeah, anyone can play with anyone. Great game and I've been playing it daily since Friday.

If anyone buys TSW and is interested in more than just the mission based content you can solo,(boring) and want to experience some end game content PM me.
I'll probably get there eventually and will PM you then. Right now I'm in Kingsmouth killing zombies and see myself having fun doing that for a while :)

Not a MMORPG, (It's a MMOTPS) but Defiance has some of the elements of them.. with full native controller support.
Defiance is next on my list of MMO. I usually don't like or play them, but TSW is basically an RPG with MMO features ad Defiance looks like great fun.

Once you get a little further in Kingsmouth try to get in a Polaris group. You might have high enough level gear to do it now. I believe the quest is called Dead in the water.

Shift+c will bring up the lfg window, you can add yourself there and wait for someone to invite you while you quest, or spam in the lfg channel

I ran that a few times to gear up

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back