The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']Idiotekque, you're arguing about the next gen consoles with the emotional investment of a console peasant. =p Both ship with BlueRay. [/QUOTE]

I wonder how much of a licensing fee MS had to pay Sony for this.

[quote name='asheskitty']Ooh, I'm not paying $25 for Nerd Rage 4, but I hope it shows up in a bundle. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Eh, I get it for free a few times a week.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']In for Alan Wake's American Nightmare soundtrack.

Edit: Does this include FLAC versions of the soundtrack?[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure this doesn't include the licensed music in the game, right? I think I have the soundtrack already and it doesn't include any of that.

[quote name='The End']Only for the base game. American Nightmare is just MP3.[/QUOTE]
Bah. :\

Guess I'll wait. I only wanted FLAC versions of the soundtracks.

[quote name='warreni']I'm pretty sure this doesn't include the licensed music in the game, right? I think I have the soundtrack already and it doesn't include any of that.[/QUOTE]I don't care about that, the game's normal music is what I'm after. :)

a few years back i bought the xbox 360 holiday bundle that came with Forza III and a code for Alan Wake. To my surprise they packed in 2 codes for Alan Wake. I redeemed one and traded the extra one for a Halo Reach map pack code (on CAG no less) if I knew this would happen in the future... i don't know, i'm rambling now :)

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Bah. :\
Guess I'll wait. I only wanted FLAC versions of the soundtracks.
[/QUOTE]

See, that's where they get you. They give you the base game, collector edition materials, standalone expansion, DLCs and base game FLAC soundtrack, but just give you the MP3 soundtrack for American Nightmare.

Remedy's betting on us all buying that in FLAC once we get this little taste of Alan Wake.

It's really devious.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I don't care about that, the game's normal music is what I'm after. :)[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think.

I'm a huge fan of this game. I'm an even bigger fan of the score. It's excellent and I've listened to it dozens of times on spotify. A flac version on my hard drive is very welcome.

Gonna grab the alan wake bundle just for the American nightmare soundtrack and the bonus content and give the games to a friend of mine. :D

[quote name='udolpho']I was just thinking of getting this last night... my dreams have come true!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

No, this is only a nightmare, and you are not going to wake up anytime soon.

Almost bought the pack for $8 the other week. Kept thinking about it but I have a back log like most everyone here. And I've played through the first game already.

Glad I was able to hold off!

[quote name='Eldredpe']See, that's where they get you. They give you the base game, collector edition materials, standalone expansion, DLCs and base game FLAC soundtrack, but just give you the MP3 soundtrack for American Nightmare.

Remedy's betting on us all buying that in FLAC once we get this little taste of Alan Wake.

It's really devious.[/QUOTE]
My sarcasm meter is broken. I'm not sure if you tried to make a joke. :whistle2:#

[quote name='tfr']No, this is only a nightmare, and you are not going to wake up anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

So long as my steam library still exists in my nightmare, I'll be all right. ;)

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']My sarcasm meter is broken. I'm not sure if you tried to make a joke. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

That's a dangerous thing to be driving around the internet without. You really ought to get it looked at.

[quote name='Eldredpe']That's a dangerous thing to be driving around the internet without. You really ought to get it looked at.[/QUOTE]
Nah, it works with funny jokes.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']5/22/13

The day that CAGs everywhere gift Alan Wake to a friend and don't tell them it was $1.[/QUOTE]

What?

No.

I'll save them for Christmas presents, of course.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Nah, it works with funny jokes.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, did you take my original post to be at your expense?

It was only mocking the form of the usual "They're just giving the game away so people will buy the DLC" post, as the FLAC version of American Nightmare's soundtrack is literally the only piece of Alan Wake content not included.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I'm sorry, did you take my original post to be at your expense?

It was only mocking the form of the usual "They're just giving the game away so people will buy the DLC" post, as the FLAC version of American Nightmare's soundtrack is literally the only piece of Alan Wake content not included.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q27YiPRiewg

[quote name='gilby']What?

No.

I'll save them for Christmas presents, of course.[/QUOTE]

I like your jib and I want a cut of it. 25% take it or leave it.

[quote name='Palinn']$15 and I still haven't played the stupid thing. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Silver linings...

"Yeah, I was into backlogging Alan Wake when it was $15 but it's cool that you discovered it now, I guess."

[quote name='M_F_A_H']5/22/13

The day that CAGs everywhere gift Alan Wake to a friend and don't tell them it was $1.[/QUOTE]

My friends don't give a fuck what I paid, they just love free games. :D

New bundle:

http://www.playinjector.com/bundlestore

I don't know if any of the games come with Steam/Desura keys, but Into the Dark is listed as "Desura edition". Don't know the difference between the "normal" and "full" bundle either.. lol

EDIT: Seems like the full bundle gets you Vampire Secrets?

EDIT 2: I think the bundle isn't live yet.

Games are like wine, the longer they are backlogged, the better they get. I just pulled E.T. out of the backlog and I have never had a more fulfilling gaming experience.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I thought that was obviously a joke, just saying.[/QUOTE]

image.php

Kitsune needs to check his lenses. The face and the gun.

no offense doe

[quote name='Syntax Error']Silver linings...

"Yeah, I was into backlogging Alan Wake when it was $15 but it's cool that you discovered it now, I guess."
[/QUOTE]

Ha! I need to set this up in my signature. If I had one...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Games are like wine, the longer they are backlogged, the better they get. I just pulled E.T. out of the backlog and I have never had a more fulfilling gaming experience.[/QUOTE]

Tennis for Two is my favorite esport.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']
Kitsune needs to check his lenses. The face and the gun.

no offense doe[/QUOTE]

It's the stare down of the century:

BY6Vmss.png

I wonder who's going to blink first. Kitsune looks nervous, but M_F_A_H's eyes are awfully close to closing already.

[quote name='spoderman']New bundle:

http://www.playinjector.com/bundlestore

I don't know if any of the games come with Steam/Desura keys, but Into the Dark is listed as "Desura edition". Don't know the difference between the "normal" and "full" bundle either.. lol

EDIT: Seems like the full bundle gets you Vampire Secrets?[/QUOTE]
Weird.

Their newsletter mentions being a "distribution platform" (and a "multi pron gaming platform" :lol:), but that could just mean that they'll offer DRM-free downloads alongside keys for other platforms.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']It's the stare down of the century:

BY6Vmss.png

I wonder who's going to blink first. Kitsune looks nervous, but M_F_A_H's eyes are awfully close to closing already.[/QUOTE]

I can feel the racial tension through my 19" Zenith.

BLACK vs. BLANK

Presented by Don King I think.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']It's the stare down of the century:

BY6Vmss.png

I wonder who's going to blink first. Kitsune looks nervous, but M_F_A_H's eyes are awfully close to closing already.[/QUOTE]
Oh cool, I love stare-outs! Last year's championship was a doozy*:

Linky-woo (removed vid as it borked the forum)

Gah, I've deleted it. You try and link some obscure Brit comedy from yonks ago and the forum throws a hissyfit about a YouTube link.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'll defuse the situation by saying Alan Wake is grossly overhyped and overrated. Nice little interactive story but tepid gameplay. Dear Esther with guns. There, now you can all poop on me instead of each other.

Anyone else notice hat Idiotekque now has exactly one game for every day of the year:applause:

I also agree that Alan Wake was overrated. I gave it a 6/10, story was interesting and unique, but gameplay was super repetitive and dull.

[quote name='Mooby']I'll defuse the situation by saying Alan Wake is grossly overhyped and overrated. Nice little interactive story but tepid gameplay. Dear Esther with guns. There, now you can all poop on me instead of each other.[/QUOTE]

This is why you're on my ignore list.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Anyone else notice hat Idiotekque now has exactly one game for every day of the year:applause:

I also agree that Alan Wake was overrated. I gave it a 6/10, story was interesting and unique, but gameplay was super repetitive and dull.[/QUOTE]

It's +365, so he actually has 368.

[quote name='Mooby']I'll defuse the situation by saying Alan Wake is grossly overhyped and overrated. Nice little interactive story but tepid gameplay. Dear Esther with guns. There, now you can all poop on me instead of each other.[/QUOTE]

Good job. I hate you so much right now.

[quote name='Mooby']I think it's defective![/QUOTE]

I hate missing anything in the thread so anytime an ignored comment comes up I take the person of my list to see what they said and then it always makes me so angry that they go right back on.

Me: cool they are making a deadpool game

*smiles and clicks link to game and starts trailer*

Me a few seconds in: oh this is kinda vulgar better turn it down so the wife doesn't hassle me

*turns it down and realizes the adolescent vulgarity isn't stopping and I'm more embarrassed to be watching this than anything else.*

Me: maybe gameplay will still be good and this is just bad marketing

*keeps watching waiting for gameplay and I find it equally awful.*

Me: disney is really putting this out?

*Groans at the last joke. I hang my head in shame and wonder what happened to dead pool, if I'm getting old, and when they stopped marketing games at me.*

Me: sigh

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224060/

[quote name='pROvIs']
Me: cool they are making a deadpool game

Me a few seconds in: oh this is kinda vulgar better turn it down so the wife doesn't hassle me

*turns it down and realizes the adolescent vulgarity isn't stopping and I'm more embarrassed to be watching this than anything else.*

*Groans at the last joke. I hang my head in shame and wonder what happened to dead pool, if I'm getting old, and when they stopped marketing games at me.*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224060/
[/QUOTE]

I've found that entire marketing campaign to be something of a disaster since announcement.

I get what they're trying to do, but it really isn't working.

[quote name='pROvIs']Me: cool they are making a deadpool game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224060/[/QUOTE]

I saw that today. $40 from Activision is what worries me the most. The games they give budget pricing to generally really deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back