The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's be honest, someone at the marketing department in Redmond named it "Xbox One" because they wanted to have "Who's on First" play out at retailers across the world.

"I'd like One please."
"What One?"
"That One."
"Oh, an Xbox."
"No, I want One."
"Yeah, one Xbox."
"No, that One!"
"That's the Xbox."
"Damn you."
"No, that's by Nintendo."

Eh, the Xbox One and PS4 look about the same, except the PS4 throws in a useless amount of fancy RAM that these crappy new AMD APUs can't even utilize fully. So the Xbox, just like in the last gen, will be cheaper than the Playstation.

Not like the specs are fully released yet, but more or less we know they're going to be the same. If two consoles are the same, there's not a whole lot of reason to buy the more expensive one... I don't spend hundreds for a couple exclusive games, so sorry new gen.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Eh, the Xbox One and PS4 look about the same, except the PS4 throws in a useless amount of fancy RAM that these crappy new AMD APUs can't even utilize fully. So the Xbox, just like in the last gen, will be cheaper than the Playstation.

Not like the specs are fully released yet, but more or less we know they're going to be the same. If two consoles are the same, there's not a whole lot of reason to buy the more expensive one... I don't spend hundreds for a couple exclusive games, so sorry new gen.[/QUOTE]

Specs may be comparable, but people are upset about the other stuff... always online, no used games, mandatory kinect, media focus, lack of games, etc.

What I find funny is how many posts I see elsewhere about people switching to PC's because of the lackluster Xbox showing.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Pack it up guys, PC show's over. The Xbox One can let you watch video content and surf the web simultaneously on one screen. We can't hold a candle to that next gen magic.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='@MetroLastLight on Twitter']We welcome the new consoles to join the "generation" we're already in on PC with Metro: Last Light.[/quote]
:lol:

Dude, what is it going to take for me to get my last card drops in HL2 and Portal 2? I got 4 cards from each from idling for not that long, and 5 from TF2 quite quickly. It's been hours now and nothing new. It's weird.

I suppose I could try actually playing the games...

...Nah.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Eh, the Xbox One and PS4 look about the same, except the PS4 throws in a useless amount of fancy RAM that these crappy new AMD APUs can't even utilize fully. So the Xbox, just like in the last gen, will be cheaper than the Playstation.

Not like the specs are fully released yet, but more or less we know they're going to be the same. If two consoles are the same, there's not a whole lot of reason to buy the more expensive one... I don't spend hundreds for a couple exclusive games, so sorry new gen.[/QUOTE]
I doubt the One will be significantly cheaper than the PS4. GDDR5 RAM is expensive, but not prohibitively so, and especially not in the bulk supply required for wide manufacture that Sony will be buying. If anything, that should drive prices down over time. And with the One having a Kinect in every box, it's hard to say who wins on price.

Also, how is it a useless amount? Not only do they both have the same amount (8 GB), but that'll become a bottleneck by the end of next gen, without a doubt -- 512MB was huge for a console in 2005, but it's crippling now. It's hard not to see that happening again, especially when the system OS will be using some of it, and given the expected increase in texture size and post-processing, which will chew through it in no time.

[quote name='annihilator']Dude, what is it going to take for me to get my last card drops in HL2 and Portal 2? I got 4 cards from each from idling for not that long, and 5 from TF2 quite quickly. It's been hours now and nothing new. It's weird.

...Nah.[/QUOTE]

That's all you get...

Have you been gone for the last week or is this performance art?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']512MB was huge for a console in 2005[/QUOTE]

Even in 2005 512MB was sort of bare-minimum. The story goes that they were going to go with 256, but Epic stepped in and told them they needed 512MB for Unreal 3 to run at all.

I don't think you need 8GB to run Unreal 4. They're just trying to future-proof a little and do it right this time, especially if these consoles end up having life-spans like the last round did.

[quote name='annihilator']Dude, what is it going to take for me to get my last card drops in HL2 and Portal 2? I got 4 cards from each from idling for not that long, and 5 from TF2 quite quickly. It's been hours now and nothing new. It's weird.

...Nah.[/QUOTE]

Lol.i believe the limit is only four for those two games.

[quote name='Jon7']Specs may be comparable, but people are upset about the other stuff... always online, no used games, mandatory kinect, media focus, lack of games, etc.

What I find funny is how many posts I see elsewhere about people switching to PC's because of the lackluster Xbox showing.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised. The bloody thing basically IS a shitty, locked-down PC anyway. Why not switch over to the real thing?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I doubt the One will be significantly cheaper than the PS4. GDDR5 RAM is expensive, but not prohibitively so, and especially not in the bulk supply required for wide manufacture that Sony will be buying. If anything, that should drive prices down over time. And with the One having a Kinect in every box, it's hard to say who wins on price.

Also, how is it a useless amount? Not only do they both have the same amount (8 GB), but that'll become a bottleneck by the end of next gen, without a doubt -- 512MB was huge for a console in 2005, but it's crippling now. It's hard not to see that happening again, especially when the system OS will be using some of it, and given the expected increase in texture size and post-processing, which will chew through it in no time.[/QUOTE]
Maybe, maybe not, but even Sony has said that they're "trying" to make the launch price under $600 like last time.

Well, the PS4 has GDDR5 obviously. This stupid AMD APU isn't turning any heads, so do you really think some extra RAM is going to do much of anything else besides give some extra AA? Point is, RAM is all well and great, but the amount in each of these consoles exceeds what the rest of the hardware is even capable of. Sony just went that much further, uselessly, and we'll see how that is reflected in the price.

[quote name='Eldredpe']That's all you get...

Have you been gone for the last week or is this performance art?
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Lol.i believe the limit is only four for those two games.[/QUOTE]

Oops. Guess I missed that somehow. I thought it was 5 for all the games. Dammit, I didn't get any foils! Guess I'll just have to be happy with $10 free Steam wallet...

[quote name='MysterD']I want to know if it'll play BETA tapes.[/QUOTE]

I had one of those too. Betamax's picture was better. My Betamax tuner was the finest NTSC tuner I've ever seen... hooked to a color monitor for my apple it gave an unbelievably crisp image.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Let's be honest, someone at the marketing department in Redmond named it "Xbox One" because they wanted to have "Who's on First" play out at retailers across the world.

"I'd like One please."
"What One?"
"That One."
"Oh, an Xbox."
"No, I want One."
"Yeah, one Xbox."
"No, that One!"
"That's the Xbox."
"Damn you."
"No, that's by Nintendo."
[/QUOTE]

:lol: :applause:

[quote name='fignutz32']I prefer XO or hugnkiss for short.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid to go there...

Perfect for awkward sitcom situations, "Hey, do you want to come over and play XO?"

"Sorry I can't make it; John's invited me over for XO."

[quote name='Idiotekque']Maybe, maybe not, but even Sony has said that they're "trying" to make the launch price under $600 like last time.

Well, the PS4 has GDDR5 obviously. This stupid AMD APU isn't turning any heads, so do you really think some extra RAM is going to do much of anything else besides give some extra AA? Point is, RAM is all well and great, but the amount in each of these consoles exceeds what the rest of the hardware is even capable of. Sony just went that much further, uselessly, and we'll see how that is reflected in the price.[/QUOTE]

I think it was a good bet, based on the expected lifespan of the console, from where they'd been previously at 4GB, remembering that a rumored 1/2-1GB is dedicated for the console, and the 8GB is unified memory, meaning it has to accommodate the uses of both VRAM and RAM. Considering Tomb Raider on PC pushed 2-3GBs of VRAM use on my rig, I'd say they need the overhead.

I'm calling it to be quoted: each console will, in some form or another, no matter how basic, launch a SKU at $399 at minimum. And I doubt anyone has the balls to launch at five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars after the spectacular shitshow that was the PS3's announcement and launch.

GG9n4np.jpg

I'm just gonna come out and say, as someone who would consider himself 99% console gamer, the PS4, One, and Wii U aren't doing anything for me. I was already considering it, but if these rumors about no used games, always online (or even just the one-a-day thing they were talking about), no BC, and lack of a focus on games turn out to be true, I think I will finally take the plunge into PC gaming. The way I see it, if I have to sell my gaming soul to someone, I'd rather it be Valve than Microsoft. The Steam Box has me very intrigued, so I really hope it comes out at a reasonable price.

On a completely unrelated and random side note, I found my copy of Star Wars: Rebel Assault II, and was sad to see it doesn't want to work on on Win7:cry:I remember loving it so many years ago, but couldn't ever beat it (maybe once, but if so it was a crazy rare occurrence). HARD AS BALLS, but still one of my fonder PC gaming memories. I think I will dig out Oregon Trail next since Ashes mentioned it:D another game I could never beat. Everyone always had to go die of dysentery. Everyone:lol:

[quote name='spoderman']
GG9n4np.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I apologize for getting this thread off topic, but at least we came back around to why I thought it was interesting for Steam.

[quote name='hal']

My only criticism would be... how many versions of Luxor does one person need?[/QUOTE]

I want you to think about what you just said and then remember where you are. Then think about what you said again.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm just gonna come out and say, as someone who would consider himself 99% console gamer, the PS4, One, and Wii U aren't doing anything for me. I was already considering it, but if these rumors about no used games, always online (or even just the one-a-day thing they were talking about), no BC, and lack of a focus on games turn out to be true, I think I will finally take the plunge into PC gaming. The way I see it, if I have to sell my gaming soul to someone, I'd rather it be Valve than Microsoft. The Steam Box has me very intrigued, so I really hope it comes out at a reasonable price.

On a completely unrelated and random side note, I found my copy of Star Wars: Rebel Assault II, and was sad to see it doesn't want to work on on Win7:cry:I remember loving it so many years ago, but couldn't ever beat it (maybe once, but if so it was a crazy rare occurrence). HARD AS BALLS, but still one of my fonder PC gaming memories. I think I will dig out Oregon Trail next since Ashes mentioned it:D another game I could never beat. Everyone always had to go die of dysentery. Everyone:lol:[/QUOTE]
Hey, you started a new Steam Deals Thread, your soul now belongs to the almighty GabeN.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I think it was a good bet, based on the expected lifespan of the console, from where they'd been previously at 4GB, remembering that a rumored 1/2-1GB is dedicated for the console, and the 8GB is unified memory, meaning it has to accommodate the uses of both VRAM and RAM. Considering Tomb Raider on PC pushed 2-3GBs of VRAM use on my rig, I'd say they need the overhead.

I'm calling it to be quoted: each console will, in some form or another, no matter how basic, launch a SKU at $399 at minimum. And I doubt anyone has the balls to launch at five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars after the spectacular shitshow that was the PS3's announcement and launch.[/QUOTE]
I'd say PS4 will be $499 and XB1 will be $399. It'll be interesting to see what happens... as we watch from our PCs, laughing.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
I'd say PS4 will be $499 and XB1 will be $399.[/QUOTE]

I think your judgment is being clouded by the $599 PS3 clusterfuck (which Sony has definitely learned from).

The Xbox comes with a Kinect (one that is nicer than the current Kinect). The 250GB Xbox 360 /w Kinect bundle sells for $399 right now.

I think there will probably be price parity, but it seems crazy to think that PS4 will be more expensive than the Xbox One because of its RAM when the Xbox has a next-gen Kinect packed in.

[quote name='spoderman']The Xbox One is also a water cooler, so that has to add to the price.[/QUOTE]

It was a necessary addition to prevent early batch RRODs.

[quote name='spoderman']The Xbox One is also a water cooler, so that has to add to the price.[/QUOTE]

I think most people would say at this point that's the "coolest" thing about the console:cool:

...but will it serve me bacon?

[quote name='Genocidal']I'm thinking $300 for the Xbox with a 2 year Live subscription at $15/mo.[/QUOTE]

Fun fact: the two years of xbox live would cost you 360:lol:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm just gonna come out and say, as someone who would consider himself 99% console gamer
, the PS4, One, and Wii U aren't doing anything for me. I was already considering it, but if these rumors about no used games, always online (or even just the one-a-day thing they were talking about), no BC, and lack of a focus on games turn out to be true, I think I will finally take the plunge into PC gaming. The way I see it, if I have to sell my gaming soul to someone, I'd rather it be Valve than Microsoft. The Steam Box has me very intrigued, so I really hope it comes out at a reasonable price.
[/QUOTE]

OMG SEE WUT U GAIZ HAVE DONE?!? You put a console peasant and double triple-agent (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) in charge of the steam thread. He's clearly been send here on a mission to destroy PC gaming and force us all to buy consoles.

Next thing you know we'll all be drinking Coke II (still available in Ghetto-marts in Chicago in the late 90s).

newcoke.jpg
Newcoke_maxheadroom.jpg

@Provis... I miss crystal Pepsi.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jon7']I'm disappointed in you guys, no Matrix picture about the new Xbox being the one?[/QUOTE]

Not nearly as cool as Max Headroom (even the Yankee knockoff)

[quote name='asheskitty']OMG SEE WUT U GAIZ HAVE DONE?!? You put a console peasant and double triple-agent (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) in charge of the steam thread. He's clearly been send here on a mission to destroy PC gaming and force us all to buy consoles.

Next thing you know we'll all be drinking Coke II (still available in Ghetto-marts in Chicago in the late 90s).

newcoke.jpg
Newcoke_maxheadroom.jpg

@Provis... I miss crystal Pepsi.[/QUOTE]

Collector-General-ASSUMING-DIRECT-CONTROL.jpg

I am the vanguard of your destruction.

:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='annihilator']Not even Walking Dead?[/QUOTE]

Backlogged. One of these days, I'll play it... I promise...

[quote name='voken']guys, what do I do with my collection of HD-DVDs.... (poor decisions) *_* [/QUOTE]

Rip to lossless MKVs, save to your HTPC (with 3TB hard drive, natch), watch whenever you want, even if your internet has been down for a week.

been sitting on a ds2 i got for 360 from best buy when they had it at 8 the first time but was holding out for a cheap dead space i figure i can get 5 out of ds2 so glad i could grab this double pack on steam

[quote name='Eldredpe']I think your judgment is being clouded by the $599 PS3 clusterfuck (which Sony has definitely learned from).

The Xbox comes with a Kinect (one that is nicer than the current Kinect). The 250GB Xbox 360 /w Kinect bundle sells for $399 right now.

I think there will probably be price parity, but it seems crazy to think that PS4 will be more expensive than the Xbox One because of its RAM when the Xbox has a next-gen Kinect packed in.[/QUOTE]
Eh, my judgement is based on the components and of course Sony's recent history. The $600 price tag was drastically influenced by the BluRay, which was at the time new and really expensive. Maybe I'm biased, but my 360 did just fine without a BluRay drive, and was a hell of a lot cheaper.

Here they are again putting something in the machine that's cool, but unnecessary, and is likely going to increase the cost. True, the XB1 is coming with a Kinect, but rumors already say it's not a new Kinect (Kinect 2), and is just a Kinect that works with the XB1. Sure, adds to the cost, but that's a cost that M$ can eat since it makes people buy into another market (Kinect games) since they're getting the Kinect with their console.

[quote name='Genocidal']I'm thinking $300 for the Xbox with a 2 year Live subscription at $15/mo.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be crazy surprised if it was that cheap, but it also has this ESRAM memory as well, which isn't supposed to be a very cheap component. They already said your current XBL Gold subscription carries over onto the XB1 though (I think), so I kinda doubt they'd raise the price. I could see them charging more for TV capabilities though...

I'd still bet on the PS4 being a good $100 more than the XB1, but we'll see.

Don't need these.

Iron Grip: Warlord
Steam Key:
6HPTB-KWCQ0-QRNYD

Twin Sector
Steam Key:
TCHCT-AFKCN-IAXFP

Zombie Shooter
Steam Key:
DAQHQ-DZHZY-6NBCZ

Zombie Shooter 2
Steam Key:
XXBTB-K6NPC-KC4Y7

Alien Shooter Revisited
Steam Key:
GTDDV-WA2IT-Q43L7

[quote name='Virsago']Don't need these.

Iron Grip: Warlord
Steam Key:
6HPTB-KWCQ0-QRNYD

Twin Sector
Steam Key:
TCHCT-AFKCN-IAXFP

Zombie Shooter
Steam Key:
DAQHQ-DZHZY-6NBCZ

Zombie Shooter 2
Steam Key:
XXBTB-K6NPC-KC4Y7

Alien Shooter Revisited
Steam Key:
GTDDV-WA2IT-Q43L7
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Wanted to try Twin Sector and Alien shooter :lol:

I hate the new Xbox so.far and I embraced the previous two at launch. I don't care for Kinect being in it and required. I will never buy games for the thing. Also don't care for the supposed fee to play used or rented games. So that basically means years down the road I'll still be having to pay a fee to play games I've bought used. Umm no thank you.

[quote name='Idiotekque']True, the XB1 is coming with a Kinect, but rumors already say it's not a new Kinect (Kinect 2), and is just a Kinect that works with the XB1.
[/QUOTE]

The Kinect coming with Xbox One has a 1080P camera. You can't increase capture resolution with software. If you don't want to call it a Kinect 2, that's fine, I don't think MS is either, but the original Kinect was running at 640x480, so there is no way they are tossing the first Kinect in and pretending it's new.

[quote name='vince_carter']i'm definitely looking forward to buying an XB1 controller to play PC games with[/QUOTE]

I'm failing to see much difference between this and the current one.

[quote name='pROvIs']I'm failing to see much difference between this and the current one.[/QUOTE]

it reminds me of the controller S from the actual XBOX 1, which is my favorite of all time

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Backlogged. One of these days, I'll play it... I promise...[/QUOTE]

I'd bump that one up to the front of the backlog...personal bias.

Man, with the thread title being updated every day I feel all disoriented. Where am I? What happened to Soda Wars?

[quote name='pROvIs']
crystalpep.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DPsycho']
PepsiOneLogo.gif
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']
newcoke.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh that's right, nevermind.

[quote name='vince_carter']i'm definitely looking forward to buying an XB1 controller to play PC games with[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']I'm failing to see much difference between this and the current one.[/QUOTE]

I'm with pRovis. Unless my 360 controller stops working, I can't see why I'd leap for the new one. The thumb stick rumble is nifty, I guess, but not something that makes me go MUST HAVE.

[quote name='annihilator']I'd bump that one up to the front of the backlog...personal bias.

Man, with the thread title being updated every day I feel all disoriented. Where am I? What happened to Soda Wars?

Oh that's right, nevermind.[/QUOTE]

I declare the soda wars over, may the beer wars begin!

fat_tire.jpg

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm with pRovis. Unless my 360 controller stops working, I can't see why I'd leap for the new one. The thumb stick rumble is nifty, I guess, but not something that makes me go MUST HAVE.[/QUOTE]

They claim that the d-pad is better but I don't seem to have any problems with my 360. Maybe I don't use it enough or play the types of games where it would matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back