The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I get the impression that most of the people giving Brink hate haven't even played it? Must have been blasted by the totally definitive voice of the people folks at giantbomb or RPS. I thought it was a solid team based shooter with some cool concepts.
I get all of my opinions from RPS editorials and Giant Bomb Quick Looks.

I read the caption of the RPS piece and watch the first 3 minutes of the Quick Look.

After that I roll a D20.

If it's a crit, I buy the game immediately.

If it's anything else I make a sandwich and work on memorizing every Steam Achievement that Idiotekque has ever gotten.

Yeah.

Life's pretty good.

Why do I get the impression that most of the people giving Brink hate haven't even played it? Must have been blasted by the totally definitive voice of the people folks at giantbomb or RPS. I thought it was a solid team based shooter with some cool concepts.
I absolutely loved my time with Brink and would gladly play some more if people wanted to.

GetLoadedGo should be getting more Dishonored keys Monday morning before the deal ends.  If you missed it you could always try then, or wait for the Summer Sale.

I know that this may by offtopic, but I enjoy steam more than origin.

I realize that customer service is lacking for digital games clients like steam and origin. 

I just spent about 90 minutes waiting for and then instant message chat with origin only to be told that I should call the senior help line. I would have liked that opportunity at the start or at least known about that option. 

The issue was that while I had used the Bioware site to unlock DOA or Mass Effect DLC, I did not download origin.  I had made a couple of purchases that were origin but until now had not activated them.  I did sign up for the origin/ea account when I purchase a game last year.  Now I find out that when I did my account was hacked that same day and rerouted to a different email.  Try as I might, could not get the old stuff back despite emails, cd keys codes, etc... 

Hopefully next week when phone people are open I can resolve this.

Anybody have good experience with Origin help?

I know that this may by offtopic, but I enjoy steam more than origin.

I realize that customer service is lacking for digital games clients like steam and origin.

I just spent about 90 minutes waiting for and then instant message chat with origin only to be told that I should call the senior help line. I would have liked that opportunity at the start or at least known about that option.

The issue was that while I had used the Bioware site to unlock DOA or Mass Effect DLC, I did not download origin. I had made a couple of purchases that were origin but until now had not activated them. I did sign up for the origin/ea account when I purchase a game last year. Now I find out that when I did my account was hacked that same day and rerouted to a different email. Try as I might, could not get the old stuff back despite emails, cd keys codes, etc...

Hopefully next week when phone people are open I can resolve this.

Anybody have good experience with Origin help?

I've had nothing but good experiences with Origin Chat. Is it within their CS hours? Not sure where you are located, but most companies don't have CSR agents on the weekend. They should have told you that from the beginning though. I have heard that hacked accounts are difficult to get recovered, but the main benefit is that Origin at least has a chat and phone feature. Try chatting or phoning Steam CSR.

I bought Brink at launch and the only thing I regretted about it is that the characters are too bullet spongey for my liking.

EDIT: And I think it was a bad idea to not have people earn attachments via leveling up.

The wave-based defense mode for earning them wasn't much fun and was over far too quickly.

Origin has always been awesome for me. For example, giving me Origin copies of all my Sims 2 expansions. The guy only asked for the serial number on the first couple, then trusted me that I had the rest. They also didn't have University, so he gave me a bigger expansion that included University and some other stuff I didn't have.

Idiotekque loves Indians and Indians love Idiotekque.

dishonored is a pretty dull and overrated game anyway imo, i wouldn't worry about it if i were you 

but how hilarious is it 2 bit sites like that can procure bethesda steam keys and amazon still can't?

We should all be super hipstery and set a "Brink CAG night" and bring back the blue, big-lipped global warming apocalypse IN STYLE.

EDIT: We were playing Brink before it was cool.

You know what I'd like NOT to see this summer sale is the same sale prices on games we've been seeing for three years, like $5 for Dead Space, the Mass Effects, etc.  Not just the EA games either.  I know there are lots of others I can't think of right now that have been at the same prices for far too long, I mean like games that came out in 2009 and shit.  I don't even care if I already own them or not, I just feel like Valve is phoning it in when there's no progress between sales.

Brink had massive amount of potential and I was pretty letdown when I preordered it and got what I got. I had watched some developer narrated gameplay and the game had a great visual style and it seemed like there would be a pretty interesting story to go along. It had characters, in-game dialogue, cutscenes, the works. The sound design seemed a hell of a lot better do. When a grenade went off in the video, you felt it. When it came out, all of those elements were gone. The story, characters, dialogue barely existed. The guns, grenades all sounded weak. There was a fix pointed out by the community to make the game look like it did in those early walkthrough videos, but it didn't fix the other problems. It didn't help that the game had horrible connection issues. 90% of the time nobody could connect to the MP service so you spent most of your time playing the missions with bots and maybe one or two other people. I was sorely disappointed and shelved the game after a week or two. Still, I'd curious to go back and see what it's like now.

You know what I'd like NOT to see this summer sale is the same sale prices on games we've been seeing for three years, like $5 for Dead Space, the Mass Effects, etc. Not just the EA games either. I know there are lots of others I can't think of right now that have been at the same prices for far too long, I mean like games that came out in 2009 and shit. I don't even care if I already own them or not, I just feel like Valve is phoning it in when there's no progress between sales.
I predict you will be disappointed.

You know what I'd like NOT to see this summer sale is the same sale prices on games we've been seeing for three years, like $5 for Dead Space, the Mass Effects, etc. Not just the EA games either. I know there are lots of others I can't think of right now that have been at the same prices for far too long, I mean like games that came out in 2009 and shit. I don't even care if I already own them or not, I just feel like Valve is phoning it in when there's no progress between sales.
I predict you will be disappointed.
Ha. I didn't say I had high hopes...

I am hoping that especially with the price drop of Borderlands 2 base game to 29.99 that we might see the season pass for $10 for summer sale.  I also think it would be nice (I know wishful thinking) that we might see the 2 different add on classes for $5 each (has been prior at different sites). 

The problem is, all of the games that go on sale have kept the same MSRP for quite a while now. Even if the discount is good, chances are, all of us have bought it at that price long, long ago. So while it's great for those who don't have it, the rest of us are sharpening our pitchforks and lighting our torches. And while Valve isn't blameless, I think the publishers/developers are the ones who have to sign off on what discount their games get. Most of them probably aren't too keen on the idea discounting their game to 80-90% off. So that leaves us with the same old discounts on the same old games that we've seen 20 times.

<sigh> Now I'm not nearly as excited anymore...

I have Brink on PS3 and I have fun with it.
I have it for 360, and I didn't find it very fun at all. Too much tactical, squad-based nonsense in my Bethesda FPS to make it interesting. Where's the story, character development, or plot development? Even Duke Nukem Forever had those.

90% of the time nobody could connect to the MP service so you spent most of your time playing the missions with bots and maybe one or two other people. I was sorely disappointed and shelved the game after a week or two. Still, I'd curious to go back and see what it's like now.
You're right about all the cutscene and story stuff, that was a disappointment. I don't know though if you're talking about connection issues on the console version, but a lot of the technical problems like the connection issues that reviews and people often complained about with Brink weren't present in the PC version. They honestly would have been better off working exclusively on the PC version instead of spreading themselves too thin to get all three versions released (Bethesda probably didn't give them a choice though).

The other reason a lot of people seem to unjustly dislike Brink was that there was no deathmatch modes, which was a plus to me, but people love their mindless shoot and kill game modes.

I have it for 360, and I didn't find it very fun at all. Too much tactical, squad-based nonsense in my Bethesda FPS to make it interesting. Where's the story, character development, or plot development? Even Duke Nukem Forever had those.
Bethesda didn't make it, they only published it. If they had made it, it would have likely been even more buggy on consoles.

90% of the time nobody could connect to the MP service so you spent most of your time playing the missions with bots and maybe one or two other people. I was sorely disappointed and shelved the game after a week or two. Still, I'd curious to go back and see what it's like now.
You're right about all the cutscene and story stuff, that was a disappointment. I don't know though if you're talking about connection issues on the console version, but a lot of the technical problems like the connection issues that reviews and people often complained about with Brink weren't present in the PC version. They honestly would have been better off working exclusively on the PC version instead of spreading themselves too thin to get all three versions released (Bethesda probably didn't give them a choice though).

The other reason a lot of people seem to unjustly dislike Brink was that there was no deathmatch modes, which was a plus to me, but people love their mindless shoot and kill game modes.
Huh, I remember there being some connection issues on PC as well. Maybe not as bad as the console versions, but there definitely some issues there. It got better after a couple patches, but there were still problems. I agree that they probably ran out of time to Q&A all three versions and it's a damn shame because of it. If they had gotten all of those issues sorted out, it could have left a much better impression and the game would have had a much longer lifespan. It also had framerate issues on AMD cards. I had just gotten a brand new AMD6950 and the game ran like crap. Was pretty sore about that.

I loved that there weren't any deathmatch modes. I've always enjoyed objective based MP games, and that was one of the primary reasons I pre-ordered.

Like I said, I'd like to go back and play again. See what it's like, get a new impression of it. Too bad my laptop is a piece of junk.

i had the brink preorder for free and loved the game. i even got all the achieves. the only thing bad about it was that the bots were HORRIBLE, and that no one played the mp. early on, there were a lot of lag issues in mp. once everything got patched up, people already stopped playing and the game was dead. but its actually a really fun game, and i loved the art style and character customization. i REALLY wanted that game to be sucessful. honestly, they should rerelease it as a free-2-play with cosmetic microtransactions, and add more maps.

dishonored is a pretty dull and overrated game anyway imo, i wouldn't worry about it if i were you

but how hilarious is it 2 bit sites like that can procure bethesda steam keys and amazon still can't?

Well I guess I will chime in and say I really enjoyed Dishonered. The story is a bit lacking if you don't explore a bunch, and its a bit short, but otherwise I found it a really refreshing Dues Ex/Bioshock mesh, that has a lot of replayability and player choice outside of the story (which I'd like to see more of). Also really loved the art style, which reminded me of Ravenholm in water colors.

Id definitely recommend picking it up :)

I agree, I really enjoyed Dishonored as well - and the Knife of Dunwall DLC.

I also played Brink on console for quite a while when ToysRUs had a pricing glitch that they actually honored.  I enjoyed it as well.

I have Brink on PS3 and I have fun with it.
This is one of those instances that I hate when a name of a company, or person, that might quite possibly not have been involved in any way other than funding is attached to the project. In this case especially since the Bethesda attached to it isn't even the developer, but the publishing studio.

This is also the case with Destiny... From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty...

Also on-topic, I did play Brink during some free weekend it had. It wasn't for very long, and probably not long enough to have given it a fair chance, but honestly I had enough shooters at the time and I didn't like the feel of the game.

I really cannot feel sympathy for any company the tries putting out a shooter and it fails miserably, especially with the launch of Brink.

i REALLY wanted that game to be sucessful. honestly, they should rerelease it as a free-2-play with cosmetic microtransactions, and add more maps.
Well, you sort of get what you want...their new game Dirty Bomb is free-2 play with micro-transactions. https://secure.warchest.com/dirtybomb/ It looks similar to Brink, but minus the fun movement stuff. I don't have much hope for it honestly.
hmm, it looks interesting. i did enjoy Brink's objective based gameplay. its too bad the movement stuff isnt there. sprint sliding into enemies to knock them down was just too fun. jumping around the environment with that parkour was pretty satisfying too.

Looks like Dishonored sold out from Get Loaded. I dunno what else to pick to go with my copy of brink. :whee:
>.> Without Dishonored the "deal" is dead. We're also right ahead of the summer sales, so there'll be more opportunities soon.

I'm having this impression that steam will slowly come out with summer sales rather have a huge event. Especially since last year their sale came out later than usual.
It will be a "big event". Regular CAGs may moan about the about the sale prices but it will be a big event.
If the sale prices aren't good, is it really a big event? #CAGPhilosophicalMusings
Well, not good for us, but there will be plenty of people blissfully buying all sorts of steam games and feeling happy about it. Just because the sale prices are largely nothing new to us, doesn't mean it won't be a big event to many others (and Valve/Pubs)

This sale also comes at an interesting time, PS3 & 360 have been marked for death, but the PS4 & XboxNone will arrive just before Xmas. Also for the first time in a long time standard hardware GPUs (integrated now, both AMD & Intel) put up passable performance (on low settings) for many games. I wonder if there is a last gen console contingent willing to give PC a shot (at least until the next gen consoles stabilize).

I would just like to announce that I have just beaten FTL for the first time on my 38th attempt.  On Easy.

I think I'm getting the hang of it...

Just wanted to say I bought Evoland on a whim and played it and it's pretty amazing. I'd highly suggest it for those of you who love Zelda & Older Final Fantasy titles.

I really loved Brink, though I will admit it had some awful connection issues at launch. I still love the game though, one of the few games I got every achievement in on the Xbox.

I think what killed it is that the cool thing to do was hate on it when it came out. A lot of the hate was unwarranted.

is evoland drm free? i think gog or somewhere has it on sale too. id rather have a drm free put it anywhere file than a steam locked file. looks fun

Just wanted to say I bought Evoland on a whim and played it and it's pretty amazing. I'd highly suggest it for those of you who love Zelda & Older Final Fantasy titles.
sounds like my cup o tea.

is evoland drm free? i think gog or somewhere has it on sale too. id rather have a drm free put it anywhere file than a steam locked file. looks fun

sounds like my cup o tea.
Most indie games are DRM free somewhere.

The GF was disappointed with it though, really wasn't that great in the end, it was mostly copying 2 big games.

I'm *trying* to avoid buying Evoland, wanting to wait for 75% off or an indie bundle. But damn, you people aren't making it easy to wait.

I'm *trying* to avoid buying Evoland, wanting to wait for 75% off or an indie bundle. But damn, you people aren't making it easy to wait.
Steam Sale. Be strong!

I curbed my desire to buy it right now by adding it to my wishlist. I close my eyes, press the button, and pretend I'm adding it to my backlog.

Fully expect Dungeonland and Impire to be in a not-so-distant future Indie Gala as multiple Paradox games that flop have ended up in them.
Thanks, that's what I like, a damn good reason to hold off on such iffy games. Especially from paradox. So bundle worthy, so over DLCed, eventually.

Mooby effect.

I really loved Brink, though I will admit it had some awful connection issues at launch. I still love the game though, one of the few games I got every achievement in on the Xbox.

I think what killed it is that the cool thing to do was hate on it when it came out. A lot of the hate was unwarranted.
I enjoyed what I could play of it. Was lonely, so I was stuck with sketchy AI. Also, my oldish laptop doesn't quite handle the graphics as well as UE3 games. Would enjoy if it got a bit a revival and could play the shit out of it with some good people.

@Ashes

Just think of this good news for you, for now - I still ain't beat your 100M+ score on Sorcerer's Lair table (in Pinball FX2)...YET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back