The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
No comments on today's epic daily: The War Z @ $3.74? The Metascore is a stellar 20.
No specific comments, since I do not have it. But they do keep a even 1000-1500 on steam charts and recently implemented punkbuster to clean up the hacking. From a mechanics point of view it looks like any other generic f2p fps.

They Bleed Pixels cards are still selling at a good level to come out getting close to 80% of it's price back depending on the cards you get. So not bad really.
It seems like one of the few games whose card prices are actually rising at the moment, even if only slightly, when compared to two days ago. All but one of the eight cards has a minimum starting price right now of ~$0.80, and four of them are over $1.00. Should be very easy to get back most of your initial investment if you buy it from Amazon.

Best of all it's a pretty fun game. The combat is a bit awkward and I couldn't help but notice a little input delay, which can be a big problem in a game like this, but I'm digging the tough-as-nails challenge and visual aesthetic. Great soundtrack as well.

No comments on today's epic daily: The War Z @ $3.74? The Metascore is a stellar 20.
I think Fox has it. He can chime in, but I think he said it was ok.

How much does the WarZ depend on in-game purchases? Thinking about buying it, but if bullets cost real world money.....

Well, I haven't logged in for a while just due to computer issues mostly, but if you are mildly interested in it this is a price to bite at.

When I played there was still no end game (and I doubt there is one now) so it depending on in-game purchases really depends on your perspective or what you want to get out of the game.

Graphics and gameplay are a lot like War, Inc. If you are big into customization, there is not much here. You get to choose a character and change a few things, but they are pre-formatted models for the most part. You start off at the main base with no items or weapons and head out and essentially scavenge for items.

I think I found a gun and bullets once, but they ran out pretty quick. I usually find some sort of weapon, usually like an ax or something, and water, food, but again it can take a while. Most players when I played were pretty quick to attack and kill you when I played. The zombies tend to be slow and their AI pretty dumb so they aren't really the challenge. The challenge to staying alive is avoiding other players or teaming up with someone to stay alive.

So basically, it's a game with a lot of flaws, but if you are into sort of a survival scenario it can be pretty fun at times. Last time I had a blast just trying to stay alive and get into the city to scavenge.

Could someone send me an invite to the trading card beta? Blade3D

Probably better off posting in the Steam Group Buy thread. Most of ours are long gone and they are only .09 cents on the market.

Oh ok, I'll just get one there.

Also, re: Trading Card invites, these things are (or at least were) going for ten cents or less on the Steam marketplace.  Even a single TF2 card will net you triple that in return.

I don't think you even need to buy the invites anymore. When I checked the trading card group page, there was an option to invite friends. I assume that I could just invite people into the group that way. If that's true, all that is needed is to have somebody who is in the group add you as a friend and invite you to the group.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm an idiot. Check out Mooby & asheskitty's posts below.

I thought the invites actually trigger the ability to get cards.  The group is just some public hangout/chat that was always public access/anyone can join.

Rawr, beat you by seconds!

I don't think you even need to buy the invites anymore. When I checked the trading card group page, there was an option to invite friends. I assume that I could just invite people into the group that way. If that's true, all that is needed is to have somebody who is in the group add you as a friend and invite you to the group.
I'm pretty sure being in the steam group =/= being in the beta. IIRC I was in the group for a whole hour or two before getting into the beta (back on launch-day, I was in the first 4-5 thousand)

I'm pretty sure being in the steam group =/= being in the beta. IIRC I was in the group for a whole hour or two before getting into the beta (back on launch-day, I was in the first 4-5 thousand)
Oh you're right. I forgot about that.

EDIT: credit to Mooby as well. Only saw AK's post at first.

Being in the group doesn't instantly get you into the beta, but my brother joined the group yesterday and was in the beta less than 10 hours later.  So I wouldn't buy an invite unless you're desperate to get and sell your cards before they drop in price.

I think Fox has it. He can chime in, but I think he said it was ok.

How much does the WarZ depend on in-game purchases? Thinking about buying it, but if bullets cost real world money.....

Well, I haven't logged in for a while just due to computer issues mostly, but if you are mildly interested in it this is a price to bite at.

When I played there was still no end game (and I doubt there is one now) so it depending on in-game purchases really depends on your perspective or what you want to get out of the game.

Graphics and gameplay are a lot like War, Inc. If you are big into customization, there is not much here. You get to choose a character and change a few things, but they are pre-formatted models for the most part. You start off at the main base with no items or weapons and head out and essentially scavenge for items.

I think I found a gun and bullets once, but they ran out pretty quick. I usually find some sort of weapon, usually like an ax or something, and water, food, but again it can take a while. Most players when I played were pretty quick to attack and kill you when I played. The zombies tend to be slow and their AI pretty dumb so they aren't really the challenge. The challenge to staying alive is avoiding other players or teaming up with someone to stay alive.

So basically, it's a game with a lot of flaws, but if you are into sort of a survival scenario it can be pretty fun at times. Last time I had a blast just trying to stay alive and get into the city to scavenge.
I am looking forward to DayZ's eventual standalone release. The survival aspect with permadeath scenario is extremely fun, but rage inducing when you die. I've never been so happy to find a simple can of beans or bottle of water in a video game. A lot of very positive or very negative emotions (when you die) have been created for me when playing DayZ. I think War Z offers some of the same, but it received a lot of flak from the DayZ community for different reasons.

Here is a long-winded comparison video between DayZ and The War Z by one of the better Day Z streamers on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTFGD9lH6yw. From last October.

Being in the group doesn't instantly get you into the beta, but my brother joined the group yesterday and was in the beta less than 10 hours later. So I wouldn't buy an invite unless you're desperate to get and sell your cards before they drop in price.
Eh, it's like ten cents, bro. Actually it's nine cents now.

I am looking forward to DayZ's eventual standalone release. The survival aspect with permadeath scenario is extremely fun, but rage inducing when you die. I've never been so happy to find a simple can of beans or bottle of water in a video game. A lot of very positive or very negative emotions (when you die) have been created for me when playing DayZ. I think War Z offers some of the same, but it received a lot of flak from the DayZ community for different reasons.

Here is a long-winded comparison video between DayZ and The War Z by one of the better Day Z streamers on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTFGD9lH6yw. From last October.

Is there a ETA on the standalone? They've been stringing it along for a year now. And how did that kid compare the standalone? Is it out yet? I'm a bit confused there.

I generally dismiss any DayZ fan opinions on it because they tend to hark on everything but the actual gameplay.

Edit:

OK, it is trash like that youtube vid why I have a hard time taking people's opinions on WarZ seriously. That guy hadn't played standalone DayZ because it didn't exist yet and hadn't played WarZ yet because the beta wasn't even open, yet he does a video comparing the two, including gameplay? His opinion has no basis other than watching some gameplay vids on youtube?

I really want a DayZ standalone to release soon. I just read it is in closed testing and promised by this month (not likely). I loved DayZ when I played it, but I just tired of keeping up with the mod updates and it acting funny and not working or waiting a ton of time to get into a server. I got The WarZ as nothing more than a cheap stopgap game since I can just open the client, DL any updates, and go. They have had their hiccups along the way and it is nothing more than a DayZ cash grab, but it's served its purpose for me. DayZ will have a lot more cooler/better aspects in game play and I would love a SP campaign so at this point if people only have time for one I might wait for standalone DayZ, but The WarZ is not as awful as people make it out to be.

Being in the group doesn't instantly get you into the beta, but my brother joined the group yesterday and was in the beta less than 10 hours later. So I wouldn't buy an invite unless you're desperate to get and sell your cards before they drop in price.
This is true. But you need to put money in your steam wallet to get the nine cents to buy the invite. As I understand it, the smallest amount that you can add to your wallet is $5. So some people might want to wait the 10 hours or so to get into the beta for free rather than add the $5.

The War Z will have cards... :hot:

This is true. But you need to put money in your steam wallet to get the nine cents to buy the invite. As I understand it, the smallest amount that you can add to your wallet is $5. So some people might want to wait the 10 hours or so to get into the beta for free rather than add the $5.
Also true, although if someone has played TF2 or something and has some marketable items they can get it that way.

I'm curious as to if anybody bought Akaneiro: Demon Hunters. The game is F2P but you can buy Early Access + $30 of items for $10. If anyone did I have one question for you. Does it actually lock it into your Steam library or does it still vanish after install? I only ask this due to the fact that F2P games don't stay there unless you redeemed a key for it, which Akaneiro doesn't have keys.

I'd be surprised if anyone in this thread actually bought it though . . .

I'm curious as to if anybody bought Akaneiro: Demon Hunters. The game is F2P but you can buy Early Access + $30 of items for $10. If anyone did I have one question for you. Does it actually lock it into your Steam library or does it still vanish after install? I only ask this due to the fact that F2P games don't stay there unless you redeemed a key for it, which Akaneiro doesn't have keys.

I'd be surprised if anyone in this thread actually bought it though . . .
Not sure but my guess is "no, it doesn't stay in your library". I say this because I've bought things for other F2P games on Steam and it doesn't make them "stick" to my account.

Although, strangely, Steam considers any F2P game you've spent at least 1 minute playing to be part of your game library via their API. It boggles me why they wouldn't just keep it there, rather than having the client specifically filter it out.

Anyway, the next version of Enhanced Steam will support viewing your library from the browser, and the F2P games that you've played will be visible there. :)

Not sure but my guess is "no, it doesn't stay in your library". I say this because I've bought things for other F2P games on Steam and it doesn't make them "stick" to my account.
That's my guess. Of course I'd love confirmation but I believe the general consensus is that Akaneiro is meh at best and having to spend $10 is a turnoff to most people so getting confirmation from a reliable source will be difficult at best.

So halfway through Star Trek The Video Game (redbox PS3 rental) and enjoying it quite a bit. Exactly what I was looking for, sort of a popcorn game to go with a popcorn movie. I wouldn't call the game amazing, but I am definitely having fun with it. It is very short though. I think I am halfway in with around 2 hours played. Will probably finish it next redbox freebie I get, but I would think Star Trek fans would enjoy it at around the $5 range.
Wow already half way through in just two hours? That is short.

So halfway through Star Trek The Video Game (redbox PS3 rental) and enjoying it quite a bit. Exactly what I was looking for, sort of a popcorn game to go with a popcorn movie. I wouldn't call the game amazing, but I am definitely having fun with it. It is very short though. I think I am halfway in with around 2 hours played. Will probably finish it next redbox freebie I get, but I would think Star Trek fans would enjoy it at around the $5 range.
that's a lot different from what most reviews said about the length, which was about 10 hours of gameplay....though most reviews said that 10 hours was unreasonably stretched out with filler.

that's a lot different from what most reviews said about the length, which was about 10 hours of gameplay....though most reviews said that 10 hours was unreasonably stretched out with filler.

Hmmm, I checked how long to beat - they are reporting 5.5 to 7 hours:

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=11878

It could very well be the later missions stretch out longer. Numerically I'm done with half the missions.

OK, it is trash like that youtube vid why I have a hard time taking people's opinions on WarZ seriously. That guy hadn't played standalone DayZ because it didn't exist yet and hadn't played WarZ yet because the beta wasn't even open, yet he does a video comparing the two, including gameplay? His opinion has no basis other than watching some gameplay vids on youtube?
Haha, I didn't say it was a good comparison :p I agree, and we will all have to wait to see what Day Z standalone is going to be really be like. In the meantime, there's lots of other zombie games to choose from.

Forgive me if there is a way to search the thread and I missed it (is there anymore?) but does anyone (perhaps asheskitty) have an opinion on Fuel? It's $2.50 ($2.00 ABD) at Gamersgate and while I've heard the racing isn't the best compared to other Codemasters racing games (GRID, DIRT, etc) the free roam sounds like a neat touch. I'm almost positive ashes has written about this before, but I can't find the search option.

I don't mean to pick on anyone, but I found one bloke in the Diablo 3 thread hilarlous... he actually ran out of games to play!

The thread dropped to the second page because it was Saturday. The one day we actually play our games, I imagine.

Or, you know, have a real life.
>.> Sadly, I was working (have stuff to catch up on).

I'd been to see Rock of Ages in that there London.

Tis way better than the movie. (Although we really should've known that already)
Movie? I was thinking Rock of Ages.

Forgive me if there is a way to search the thread and I missed it (is there anymore?) but does anyone (perhaps asheskitty) have an opinion on Fuel? It's $2.50 ($2.00 ABD) at Gamersgate and while I've heard the racing isn't the best compared to other Codemasters racing games (GRID, DIRT, etc) the free roam sounds like a neat touch. I'm almost positive ashes has written about this before, but I can't find the search option.
Alas, I only picked it up a few months back and haven't gotten around to playing it. (There had been like a two-ban on Codemasters sales.) Reviews felt it has potential but was a bit of a letdown (at MSRP). I believe it exceeds it's $2 price point, kinda hard to say no if you have any interest in it.

The thread dropped to the second page because it was Saturday. The one day we actually play our games, I imagine.

Or, you know, have a real life.
>.> Sadly, I was working (have stuff to catch up on).

I'd been to see Rock of Ages in that there London.

Tis way better than the movie. (Although we really should've known that already)
Movie? I was thinking Rock of Ages.

Alas, I only picked it up a few months back and haven't gotten around to playing it. (There had been like a two-ban on Codemasters sales.) Reviews felt it has potential but was a bit of a letdown (at MSRP). I believe it exceeds it's $2 price point, kinda hard to say no if you have any interest in it.
I've had FUEL for quite sometime (bought it back when Steam had that Codemasters pack w/ DIRT 1 & 2 games + TOCA3 + FUEL + GRID) - and still ain't touched it!

EDIT:

Hell, I only touched DIRT 2 out of that pack!

Damn me and my massive backlog!

terribly sorry about not updating the OP yesterday, I lost internet completely and there was really nothing I could do. I'm just waiting for the new deal at one to update, since yesterday's wasn't even that great, and it would only be up for a half hour anyway. In other news, I did take the liberty of adding a list of trading card games to the second post in this thread, as it seemed a worthwhile addition, and I saw at least two people asking for one.

Thanks for the responses ashes and MysterD. I'm going to pass for the moment since the demo chugs horribly on my currently old but still above the minimum requirements card.

I've had FUEL for quite sometime (bought it back when Steam had that Codemasters pack w/ DIRT 1 & 2 games + TOCA3 + FUEL + GRID) - and still ain't touched it!

EDIT:

Hell, I only touched DIRT 2 out of that pack!

Damn me and my massive backlog!
>.< GRID next unless you are itching more more Dirt 2-like rally action. (I haven't played TOCA3 yet -- well regarded -- since hunting down an old copy.) On the bright side for you, Dirt 1 and TOCA3 are no longer available.

terribly sorry about not updating the OP yesterday, I lost internet completely and there was really nothing I could do. I'm just waiting for the new deal at one to update, since yesterday's wasn't even that great, and it would only be up for a half hour anyway. In other news, I did take the liberty of adding a list of trading card games to the second post in this thread, as it seemed a worthwhile addition, and I saw at least two people asking for one.
This is going down on your permanent record!

Thanks for the responses ashes and MysterD. I'm going to pass for the moment since the demo chugs horribly on my currently old but still above the minimum requirements card.
Aaah, bummer. I wanted to say that I'd expect it to be the same EGO engine as the Dirt series (expecting the same version as Dirt 2).. but it's not, different dev (Asobo) and different engine, A.C.E. (Asobo Conception Engine). Which I find kind of hilarious as I read that ASBO. (U.K. 1998-2010, An anti-social behaviour order or ASBO is a civil order made against a person who has been shown, on the balance of evidence, to have engaged in anti-social behaviour. It was typically given for stuff that wouldn't warrant criminal prosecution.)

Word on the street is that Antichamber is really good. But yeah, I agree with AK. I'll wait until it hits 75% at least. If not wait for it to hit HiB 9.

Steam - Suave intellectuals who might be moderately smug but I doubt it

Origin - Obedient hall monitors

Desura - Skaters

GOG - Neohippies

Uplay - Sexual experimentals

psn/xbla - Impoverished with a chipped shoulder

G4WL - Bush-league meth dealers and budding junkies

BeamDog - Never heard of this

?????? - Kids who smoke schwag in their cars with the windows up in the parking lot to achieve a THC greenhouse and repeatedly invite certain debonair cats who would rather smoke dope elsewhere

?????? - Overprivileged assholes who are probably still fucking off considering how many times I said it

GMG Capsule - Foreign kids

Big Fish - Teachers who want to fuck you

DRM-free - Sluts who want to marry you

Full price - Untouchable bitches

DRM - Various STDs

This was about 2003 when I was 16 but I can't even remember yesterday so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back