The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
and this coming from the same person that voted for cardz to be in the title :roll:
Not merely included, I demanded that this be correctly labeled as the steam card thead! Now look when you've done 50+ pages of OT posts in the steam card thread today. Repent!

Edit... nvm, can't threaten a ginger like that, we don't have souls. ^_~

So tempted to bite on the BL2 Psycho Pack (150 hours in BL2, mostly on my Mechro, a bit on my Siren)... however the prospect of it being 66% off soon on GMG/GG with a 20% is causing me an ethical dilemma.

Anybody think Deponia/Chaos in Deponia will go below the $5 it's currently at?
They've been bundled, so there's a good chance you can get them elsewhere, but they probably won't go below $5 on Steam directly. Whispered World never has.

If you're not going to track down old bundle leftovers and are already paying $10 for the Deponia games, the $20 Daedalic Bundle isn't an awful idea.

Fake edit: I could have sworn Whispered World was added to that pack earlier. I guess not. Still not a bad pack.

Could anyone give me a mini-review on Scribblenauts? Close to biting on it on Amazon for a bit over $4 + the three free games + cards (only like 20-30 cents on them though...), but I just can't push myself over the edge.

Is it really that good? I'm not against things looking kiddy, but it does look really really kiddy as far as the graphics go.
I played for a few hours last week. It's kiddie, but diverse enough that an adult can get a lot out of it. The dictionary is big and the novelty of the game mechanics makes it worth a play.

I haven't gotten far enough into it to tell you how long it is though.

And sure thing, that seems like a good idea, at least for this sale. Also, nice job making it so there was absolutely no way I could miss it ;)
Something had do be done! The thread's a free-for-all! :whee:

Actually, I just caught up. Nowhere near as bad as past sales.

Bastion: good discount (but has been bundled.)
-85% is a flipping great discount on it though. It'll never be this low again-- if you didn't get it in a bundle, now is the time.

awesome thank you!

I don't get this though?

Card drops earned: 3
Drops earned by purchasing the game: 3
Card drops received: 0
You can get 3 more trading cards by playing Dungeons of Dredmor.
Where do I see these cards?
You haven't received them yet. They'll slowly appear in your inventory as you play the game. After you've collected your three, you can sell them or you can buy / trade for the rest of the cards in the set.

yeah I suppose it's a decent way to make $, but all the cards I seem to get all are trending at $1, $2, sometimes less so it's whatever lol
$1 or $2 is a great sell for cards. Most have dropped to the 20-40 cent range.

I'm considering The Witcher 2 ...
$5 or bust.

Shoot, I started up Skyrim to idle for trading cards and it wants to update my content to the new format, starts downloading some massive file and locking me out of all other Steam functions. I can't even check the progress of the download, pain in the ass. Just had to vent about it.

Oh, I think it's a glitch. Restarting Steam.
I've had my Fallout and Oblivion do that once, it usually lies about the massive download though. It does some stupidly huge estimate, but then it converts them in a few minutes and everything is just fine. Kind of weird actually.

Was bored looking to see what happened with that War Z game... They changed its name to Infestation: Survivor Stories and its back on steam. to the company You're winner!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary to indicate all of the deals like that. During these big sales, most of the store sees at least some sort of discount. 

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary to indicate all of the deals like that. During these big sales, most of the store sees at least some sort of discount.
It's just you. One good purpose of threads like these is to highlight then things that might otherwise be missed. For example System Shock 2 for $5 (consistent with lowest price on GOG). Counter example: Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble -- bundled and had multiple negative reviews from known CAGs, not worth $5.

It's just you. One good purpose of threads like these is to highlight then things that might otherwise be missed. For example System Shock 2 for $5 (consistent with lowest price on GOG). Counter example: Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble -- bundled and had multiple negative reviews from known CAGs, not worth $5.
thanks for the heads up, I hadn't seen those reviews. One less thing to clutter my wishlist :D

Hmmm ... I thought foils were supposed to have decent value ... I guess I will hold on to my Elizabeth foil until it is valuable ... it's valuable to me ... =-(

Completed my Bastion badge for 58 cents, got a background and emote worth 4 cents each and a Bioshock summer card. Worth it.

I just noticed one of the cards I bought was from Spoony, thanks for the low price man.

My day so far:

1.  Steam sale - yay!

2.  Defiance on sale - yay!

3.  Locked out of Community Market - boo.

4.  Well I'll just install Defiance and play a game for a change - yay!

5.  Defiance is almost done downloading - yay!

6.  Metro Last Light for .1 cent - double yay!

7.  Hmmm, computer is slowing down a bit - ?

8.  Is Bestbuy.com that resource intensive - ?

9.  Hmmmm, computer completely frozen - restart?

10.  Computer never heard from again... except that clicking sound coming from my hard drive.

Anyone having any problems with cards not dropping? I've been playing/idling csgo for like 6+ hours now and the last card wont drop

My day so far:

1. Steam sale - yay!

2. Defiance on sale - yay!

3. Locked out of Community Market - boo.

4. Well I'll just install Defiance and play a game for a change - yay!

5. Defiance is almost done downloading - yay!

6. Metro Last Light for .1 cent - double yay!

7. Hmmm, computer is slowing down a bit - ?

8. Is Bestbuy.com that resource intensive - ?

9. Hmmmm, computer completely frozen - restart?

10. Computer never heard from again... except that clicking sound coming from my hard drive.
That's foxed up man.

My day so far:

1. Steam sale - yay!

10. Computer never heard from again... except that clicking sound coming from my hard drive.
of all the days this could happen, it would be today :cry:

My day so far:

1. Steam sale - yay!

Sorry fox... any idea on what failed?

My day so far:

1. Steam sale - yay!

strange, my computer just blue screened as soon as I closed the best buy tab I had up. Still waiting on my Metro Last Light key but not sure if it'll ever come.

Probably not the place for technical questions, but CS: GO uses alot of my VRAM and the Paged Pool Memory option is nowhere to be found. Any advice?
Well, we don't really know your specs. I've personally never played CS:GO so I can't say what the options are, but you could always try turning down detail levels, shaders, 3D lighting, etc. That will decrease the amount of load on the RAM since less will be paged, and it will also help lower pings in MP sessions if you're like me and have crappy internet. Another option would be to use a program that has a "game mode" feature that safely turns off unnecessary tasks to increase RAM performance, both in dedicated GPU VRAM and system RAM; mine changes to classic view, turning off Aeropeek and all those other minor graphical animations that take up that tiny bit of extra memory, as well as turning off shit programs like Search Index, Windows Update, and Google Updater (which always seems to be on). And yet another, albeit more intensive, option would be to go into your system settings and dedicate a certain section of your HDD/SSD to virtual RAM and/or using your GPU application to do so.

But if you're just looking to idle for cards, you can either run it in text mode, which still requires you to download it, or use SAM and not have to download it at all.

My day so far:

1. Steam sale - yay!

Quickly! To the fox mobile! Cubby, grab the foxcard. We need to get a new foxputer immediately!

Metro: Last Light for a penny, yay!

Call of Cthulhu 40% off, fuck it, I've waited years, I'll bite this time.

Defiance on sale? Bout fucking time! Mine. Patching. I wanted to start PLAYING BY NOW, not patching MORE!

Elizabeth away from my second Bioshock Infinite card set, trying to get tier 5 on that badge. It's Steampunk, so I kind of have to. Don't want to spend my cash on a card though so trying to get more card drops from other stuff to sell to buy it. :( No luck so far. -.-

Well, we don't really know your specs. I've personally never played CS:GO so I can't say what the options are, but you could always try turning down detail levels, shaders, 3D lighting, etc. That will decrease the amount of load on the RAM since less will be paged, and it will also help lower pings in MP sessions if you're like me and have crappy internet. Another option would be to use a program that has a "game mode" feature that safely turns off unnecessary tasks to increase RAM performance, both in dedicated GPU VRAM and system RAM; mine changes to classic view, turning off Aeropeek and all those other minor graphical animations that take up that tiny bit of extra memory, as well as turning off shit programs like Search Index, Windows Update, and Google Updater (which always seems to be on). And yet another, albeit more intensive, option would be to go into your system settings and dedicate a certain section of your HDD/SSD to virtual RAM and/or using your GPU application to do so. I have all three strategies going whenever I play a visceral game.

not to derail the conversation, but what program are you using for a game mode? I was actually just about to try and find a decent one, but it definitely seems like an easy trap for malware to creep onto my PC, so a recommendation would be great :D

Sorry fox... any idea on what failed?

Pretty sure it's the hard drive. Initially when I restarted it went into "Automatic Repair" mode and would stay on a blank screen forever.

Then I tried a recovery disk and that one freezes to in the middle of the process.

Then I tried popping the HD into an enclosure to at least save my files before a full delete... and that's when I heard the clicking.

Last thing I am going to try is a USB boot drive for Windows 8 (Windows 8 sucks by the way) but pretty sure the drive just failed. Still under warranty, but very annoying.

strange, my computer just blue screened as soon as I closed the best buy tab I had up. Still waiting on my Metro Last Light key but not sure if it'll ever come.
BB.com has never given me trouble so it could be a fluke, it just happened to be the tab I had up (order confirmation screen) when things started going haywire. I was also like 90% done with DLing the 12GB of Defiance so that likely was the tipping point for the HD.

Just saw we are being featured on the front page \\:D/

Few more deals I haven't seen posted pulled from my embarrassing wishlist:

I'm hoping this will hit 75% off at some point during the sale... that'd be an insta-buy for me.

A few deals from my wishlist that I haven't seen posted:

The Codemaster games look particularly appealing to me, as they're cheaper than the big pack of them on Amazon by several dollars, and I can pick up what I want a la carte.

Pretty sure it's the hard drive. Initially when I restarted it went into "Automatic Repair" mode and would stay on a blank screen forever.

Then I tried a recovery disk and that one freezes to in the middle of the process.

Then I tried popping the HD into an enclosure to at least save my files before a full delete... and that's when I heard the clicking.

Last thing I am going to try is a USB boot drive for Windows 8 (Windows 8 sucks by the way) but pretty sure the drive just failed. Still under warranty, but very annoying.

BB.com has never given me trouble so it could be a fluke, it just happened to be the tab I had up (order confirmation screen) when things started going haywire. I was also like 90% done with DLing the 12GB of Defiance so that likely was the tipping point for the HD.
Click of doom.. that's usually endless bad sectors/sector reallocating... just focus on trying to rescue what data you need to. Format and give the drive to someone you hate.

think I may know what caused my blue screen. for some reason my cpu voltage reset itself to 1.35 from the 1.50 I had set it to. this probably would've been fine if my proc was running at the stock speed of 3.2 ghz but I have it oc'ed to 3.83 ghz. Plus I had 4 games idling. lol

oh I have a phenom ii x4 955 be.

not to derail the conversation, but what program are you using for a game mode? I was actually just about to try and find a decent one, but it definitely seems like an easy trap for malware to creep onto my PC, so a recommendation would be great :D
I just use an AIO called Tune Up Utilities, which was recently bought by AVG. It's a general fix-it type of program that runs drive and registry defrags, checks your drives for errors, recovers files, and cleans your computer every so often; there's also a neat "File Shredder" context menu item that will erase the data from the disk completely, including ghost copies and residual files. It has what's called a "Turbo Mode" which turns off just about everything except essential programs, but you can customize it and choose which additional programs to leave on. I've tried other programs with names like eBooster, TurboBooster, something that IGN recommended a few years back, and I had BSOD'ing issues. I've used this one for 4 years on the same computer without having any problems or needing to replace anything. I use it on my old 2007 laptop with a 2ghz Core 2 Duo and 4GB DDR2 RAM, 138 programs installed, and I'm on the desktop in 23 seconds.

I just use an AIO called Tune Up Utilities, which was recently bought by AVG. It's a general fix-it type of program that runs drive and registry defrags, checks your drives for errors, recovers files, and cleans your computer every so often. It has what's called a "Turbo Mode" which turns off just about everything except essential programs, but you can customize it and choose which additional programs to leave on. I've tried other programs with names like eBooster, TurboBooster, something that IGN recommended a few years back, and I had BSOD'ing issues. I've used this one for 4 years on the same computer without having any problems or needing to replace anything. I use it on my old 2007 laptop with a 2ghz Core 2 Duo and 4GB DDR2 RAM, and I'm on the desktop in 23 seconds.
thanks, I'll give it a look :)

My day so far:

1. Steam sale - yay!

Time for a SSD son!

To the person linking TuneUp ... you really shouldn't list 'registry defrags' as a feature, given that almost all of the programs that do this do more harm than good. "Cleaning" the registry is not something that should ever be done with an automatic tool, and if it hasn't come back to bite you in the ass yet you're simply lucky.

Good program otherwise.

Ha. I had to take my failing SSD out of it's USB enclosure to test this one out so I have not had the best of luck with any HDs in the last few years. Add the external I accidentally dropped and me and HDs don't mix.
Well, at least this one's still under warranty. Hope you manage to get all your important data off it

To the person linking TuneUp ... you really shouldn't list 'registry defrags' as a feature, given that almost all of the programs that do this do more harm than good. "Cleaning" the registry is not something that should ever be done with an automatic tool, and if it hasn't come back to bite you in the ass yet you're simply lucky.

Good program otherwise.

Really? I do it all the time with CCLeaner and never had a big problem.

Good program otherwise.
They've had this program going for over 5 years now; they've had enough time to write algorithms that minimize the risk of damage to your computer. It's the same premise as scanning those files for malware with another AVG product. And it's been cleaning my registry every three days for the past 4 years without any sort of problem, so I think that's more than just luck. I enjoy the feature a lot, but you can turn them off if you're one of those people who wants to wade through 50,000 encoded folders checking their properties and cross-referencing them to determine if they're obsolete or not by hand. ;)

Here's a wild idea. Does anyone actually wanna TRADE cards?

I have a dupe Tomb Raider. Looking for any summer sale card that not Chivarly, Skyrim or BioShock.

My Metro Last Light order still hasn't been cancelled. Clearly I'm gonna get my key.

I go to bed knowing that there will be a fresh steam key in my email box when I get up in the morning. Good night all.
So if I kill you and eat your heart, will I absorb your optimism?

Hmmm... Bastion and Endless Space are tempting me...
I've been playing Endless Space. Awesome game. It's basically Civ V in space with better combat and a more open tech tree. I recommend it.

I don't like the idea of buying the foils and trying to resell unless it's SUPER underpriced.. Card market really can get so unstable at times. How have my fellow CAG foil resellers fared?
I'll let you know... Bought a fellow CAG's Mars Logs foil for $5, which I think was too low too early on for a $10+ not-so-popular game with only three drops. Have both his and mine for sale now for $13 a piece, which may be a bit high, but we'll see what happens.

Cards are not the new 75% off. Nothing can beat 75% off!

...except 76+% off or 75% off after a MSRP drop (e.g. overpriced MSRP on Mafia II & Snajper 3lite v2)

cheaper is cheaper, always has been always will be
Cards are the new 75% off if you buy the game with Steam wallet, and if the amount of money you make back on the cards makes the amount you put out 75% or less than the game's MSRP. I did this more or less with Endless Space Gold when it price glitched for around 70% off a week or so ago, and after selling the cards, the game ended up being over 75% off.

And then of course there's cases where you can get games completely free after card money. Both me, Stupidproz, and Fox did that with Drunken Robot Pornography (actually a really cool game, I played more of it tonight) and none of us paid a dime for the game. Brand new, hasn't had any good sale, totally free. I'll take that any day of the week.

My day so far:

1. Steam sale - yay!

3osufk.jpg

Afterfall Insanity was briefly in an Amazon bundle that made it $2, technically, so this really isn't the cheapest ever. By itself though, true.

I'll totally recommend RotA for that price, though. Solid ARPG. Has its flaws, but if you're a fan of Titan Quest like me, I think you'll enjoy the story and setting. I loved what I played of it on 360 (have it on Steam too, but haven't gotten around to it).

Really? I do it all the time with CCLeaner and never had a big problem.
I use an Auslogics registry cleaner, have friends who use it as well, and no one has ever had a problem either. I've never heard of that.

Cards are the new 75% off if you buy the game with Steam wallet, and if the amount of money you make back on the cards makes the amount you put out 75% or less than the game's MSRP. I did this more or less with Endless Space Gold when it price glitched for around 70% off a week or so ago, and after selling the cards, the game ended up being over 75% off.

And then of course there's cases where you can get games completely free after card money. Both me, Stupidproz, and Fox did that with Drunken Robot Pornography (actually a really cool game, I played more of it tonight) and none of us paid a dime for the game. Brand new, hasn't had any good sale, totally free. I'll take that any day of the week.

I got Triple Town free, plus about $1.50 Gaben funbucks, so I'd say that beats -75%. Also was a game I really wanted, so double win :)

So, earlier today I finally decided to take a stand.

I've had a cd stuck in my car's cd player for 2 years.

I pulled it out and took it apart and forcibly removed the cd.

Then I, knowing that I probably wouldn't be able to eject the next cd that goes into it, made the most comprehensive 700 megs of all time to go in its place, thinking it would be the last thing there ever.

I put it back in my car, and it won't even accept a disc.

The mechanism that has fucked ejecting has done the same to accepting, so I need to open it again and carefully insert my perfect mix.

Should be fun.

This isn't a super noteworthy story.

I just think anything that can derail the summer sale is worth posting.

I have like 14 hard drives lying around, x1 256 GB SSD (love this thing), got a replacement 256GB SSD for when this one dies, got a 128GB SSD lying around i gotta throw in my laptop but im lazy, x3 Internal x1TB 7200rpm hard drives (all full),  x3 3TB USB 3.0 external drives for my PC, x3 1 TB externals (for my consoles), and 1 random 2TB drive I got for $50 after rebate.

Of all the hard drives I have ever owned, 2 were sent defective. A 1TB WD green drive (hate these drives) crapped out on me after about a month, I think it was defective to begin with. And on my first intel duel core build, the 128gb WD drive that was in pc eventually started clicking and eventually died.

I usually end up selling my older machines after 2-3 years, is hard drive failure a common thing? I've had more RAM sticks and power supplies die on me then I have hard drives straight up die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back