The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the Civilization V upgrade to gold, which includes God & Kings and all the DLC, but NOT Brave New World is 5$ in a flash sale.

I'm not quite sure yet as I may want to use my small budget on one or two other things.
Well then there is always a chance it will come back as a daily because it is a bigger name game. So if you are unsure then it should be safe to wait. That being said, I highly recommend the Civ 5 Gold ediiton. It is my favorite Civ so far and will provide hours of entertainment even if you aren't a huge strategy game lover.

You should watch the Quick Look from Giantbomb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mumruAUjfcM

they seemed to like it and they gave it a 4out of 5 iirc

So I haven't heard many people here talk about grabbing Antichamber. The trailer of the game looks awesome. Are people waiting for a better price, already have it, or what? I've never heard of it before yesterday, btw. Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger...

There isn't really a point to crafting the getaway badge right? Also brave new world for 33% off is tempting but it would destroy my funds for this sale so pass.

There isn't really a point to crafting the getaway badge right? Also brave new world for 33% off is tempting but it would destroy my funds for this sale so pass.
Personally I don't see a point in crafting any badges. XP gives you more friend slots and a marginally better chance for booster packs/foils. I don't tend to use emotes and never look at my profile enough to care about the background.

Selling cards gives money.

Personally I don't see a point in crafting any badges. XP gives you more friend slots and a marginally better chance for booster packs/foils. I don't tend to use emotes and never look at my profile enough to care about the background.

Selling cards gives money.
I've crafted a couple badges for games I really liked. Although that was also because I either got a foil or high selling card so it basically ended up as a no cost creation. But yes, there is really no point to crafting badges at all.

woot, finally taught up after oversleeping (thanks dead phone battery). Also got a Prison card for voting. Is my math right in that we should be able to get them all without buying anything should we vote on every community choice deal? Seems they aren't random either, so no worries for duplicates.

Aww, The Cave is at 50% off now. I was waiting for Amazon to PM it at 75% off so I could get TTR, The Maw, and Drip Drip too. Wonder if it'll be back to $3.74 again.

Here, this is a pretty sweet offer on a 7770 graphics card.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7621671&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CM3-m92YqrgCFWyCQgodfkQAQg

$75 with free ship/no tax but it is only free ship if you are not in an apartment.  Would have been a nice upgrade on my 5570

edit, ok i called their customer service and got them to give me the free ship.  for whatever reason, i didn't get the economy ship option(which for this item is free) so I called them and they did the order and made sure it was $75 shipped(no tax, free economy ship).  

This should drastically improve my gaming experience for games like witcher 2 and maybe even skyrim, tho that game is more of a cpu intensive game.

woot, finally taught up after oversleeping (thanks dead phone battery). Also got a Prison card for voting. Is my math right in that we should be able to get them all without buying anything should we vote on every community choice deal? Seems they aren't random either, so no worries for duplicates.
I didn't get a card for my first community vote so I don't think you're guaranteed a full set. The vote they're running now got me a Skyrim card (which I sold anyway).

Aww, The Cave is at 50% off now. I was waiting for Amazon to PM it at 75% off so I could get TTR, The Maw, and Drip Drip too. Wonder if it'll be back to $3.74 again.
Gah! When did that happen?? I guess Steam screwed up on the price. I knew I should've grabbed it for $3.74

So earlier this week, I was like there's no way their going to discount Brave new world that much right, might as well buy it full price on tuesday. lesson learned Gabe, lesson learned.
You can find it for 50% in the cag market, I loves me some civ so I grabbed it at that price, figure the summer sale will never hit it since its so new

I didn't get a card for my first community vote so I don't think you're guaranteed a full set. The vote they're running now got me a Skyrim card (which I sold anyway).
you get one every three votes: 3 community choice x 10 days = full set. You getting a Skyrim card instead of a Prison card breaks my theory though, so no doubt most people will wind up missing certain cards with duplicates of others. Which I guess is kinda the point, to make you trade to complete your sets.

Hopefully their servers don't screw up today. I understand it is going to happen, but still it's annoying. Actually what valve should do is when they post the new deals, post them right to their FB in a message as well. Part of the problem is I wanna see the dailies, not just wait 20 minutes for the site to reload to see what's on sale.

It's 1 card every 3 votes, with 10 days of sales and 3 community votes a day, that's 10 cards if you vote every single time

Gah! When did that happen?? I guess Steam screwed up on the price. I knew I should've grabbed it for $3.74
I held off on buying since their servers were so slow for me and it said the price was good through the 22nd. So I figured it was plenty of time for Amazon to PM so I could get three other games, and if they didn't PM, I could just grab it from Steam. So much for that.

Just jumping in real quick to say I feel bad for people who stocked up on mystery cards. Steam is giving them away like candy. Getting the full set won't be hard at all. They'll just trickle in throughout the sale.

paysteam.jpg

Looks like they just added Trading Cards to Saint's Row: The Third.

Community Choice Winner... coincidence? Conspiracy! :) 

With the $10 purchase per card, does anybody know if buying a game for say $30 gives 3 cards or just the 1?
Yes. You can see how many cards you get on cart page.

Seems coupons don't affect so if you have stacking coupons good for you.

Too bad can't use my Sniper -90% coupon on full price :(

A word of advice on Gaige's skill tree: Ordered Chaos is the most unique branch, but also the hardest to manage in-game and probably geared more towards someone playing through a second time (or someone who just likes a challenge).
Yeah, based on that graphic I'm leaning toward BFF; OC does look a bit micromanage-y.

So on the topic of cardz, do you think it would be wise to wait until Scribblenauts and Hotline Miami are off the daily deal? Cards are really low right now, but I wonder if they might go up a bit after the initial influx of newcomers.

you get one every three votes: 3 community choice x 10 days = full set.
It's 1 card every 3 votes, with 10 days of sales and 3 community votes a day, that's 10 cards if you vote every single time
I believe the card award is for every 3 votes. Aaaaand, too slow!
Hey guys, I've heard it's one card for every three votes. Has anyone else heard this?! :D

Saints Row 3 cards are disappointing. No Kinsie or Shaundi??
Yeah, where's my full size Kinsie art?

Why is is that while the cardz were in beta I had no interest. Now that they're falling like rain, I kinda want to collect them. Sometimes I have trouble figuring me out.

Wow, these cards are really catching on. I'm not really digging on them as much so as soon as I get one, I'm justing selling it. I would rather get games cheaper I guess.

So on the topic of cardz, do you think it would be wise to wait until Scribblenauts and Hotline Miami are off the daily deal? Cards are really low right now, but I wonder if they might go up a bit after the initial influx of newcomers.
That's my plan, I'll farm today but hold off until the sales end. Keep a close eye tomorrow when they aren't new sales, and then after that when the sale ends. Of course, I'm horribly impatient when it comes to selling cards so I might just give in.

Looks like Steam is already struggling. I got a couple Sorry unavailable pages but refreshing once got me through. We've still got half an hour people calm your F5 buttons.

I've been selling all of my cards, I've sold 3 so far and made around $1.10, and have several more on the market. I just got the Dead Island Riptide card from my 3rd community choice vote.

That's my plan, I'll farm today but hold off until the sales end. Keep a close eye tomorrow when they aren't new sales, and then after that when the sale ends. Of course, I'm horribly impatient when it comes to selling cards so I might just give in.
If possible insta-sell first card drop and buy back when price drops. (if you want to craft a badge)

Open the game and let it idle in the menu, or if its something I feel like playing I also play it.
It's been mentioned several times already, but Steam Achievement Manager is the way to go. Get your cards without running the games, you can have multiple games open at once - and be playing whatever you feel like at the same time!

Summer House Cleaning

Shank 2
IBQQT-4PF82-6NNQA

Vessel
9N9V2-XDINP-ERW23

Geneforce Saga 
BDTX9-0YK3N-X6B4B

Fairy Bloom Freesia 
BKZD8-BT0GA-37JYV

Got the Fairy Bloom Freesia code, thanks!! 

Also... more new card games:

The Walking Dead

Chivalry

Surgeon Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back