The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little FYI about a voting glitch: I was able to vote both online and in the client at the same time for the same game when the daily deals changed over. So now I have 1 extra vote than I should have. Can't say for sure whether you can do it each time a new poll goes up, or if it only happens due to server lag when the deals change, but it's worth trying for double votes if you want the badge.
Just tried it, and it probably is a glitch due to lag, I voted 3 hrs ago and my Steam App (iOS) remembers my vote

Telling the guy with an Android phone that he can do it on iOS? Interesting advice. Perhaps he should buy a new iPhone as well.
It was still useful; he or she was just saying that you can do it on iOS, and presumably can do it on Android too since the app basically mirrors the mobile steam site.

I just looked into the Steam Achievement Manager tool folks have been talking about here, and I kinda don't care how useful it is. What the hell is with this "This server is not run by faggots" crap?! I don't know if it's some kind of bizarre internet humor, but I don't want to download anything from this kind of douchebag.
Ok, seriously...this is the Internet, like 60% cats, 40% Racism, 70% Trolls, 127% Facebook, 20% IRC Bots, 63% Piracy, 2% Knowledge, 45% CAG/SD Traffic, and 73% Assorted Whathaveyous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo

all posts
Ok, if it's not clear to you yet, the problem is that you are bragging about being mother fucking Gandhi by profiting from a basically free game that many others would have gladly enjoyed. And in comparison to Sonic Bundle, the difference is 0.01 vs 7.49 (or whatever).

It's still there, just more work.
Settings->Ignore Prefs, and paste and add user.
I'm not nor ever have been a fan of the ignore feature. I think reporting for spammers is more than enough. Ignoring user posts just puts everyone is a state where a single fuck up can get them excommunicated from any involvement in discussions. And I'm not just saying that because I'm sure I've been put on a few ignore lists, but because its stifles free speech, even if trolling.

here you go, got this for free
Ticket to Ride

E26NR-JL09C-23XTM

Unlike you, i'm not here to dick over other CAGs
I was gonna do the same, but now I'm just following in your shadow...

Dead Pixels
8NW48-22X7I-ABHH7

Started playing Surgeon Simulator, it is going exactly as well as it should go. I accidentally sawed a guy's ribcage open while trying to replace his heart. Oops...
lmfao, I hadn't actually looked at anything for Surgeon Simulator past news article titles till today, but I read this comment right after finally watching the videos on steam and burst out laughing! I'm sold, a game where you derp your way through saving lives, deal! I'm even gonna buy one for ma doctor becoming friend, just to see his reaction of hatred for me.

#DeathToTheGreatAppStore
(my phone runs linux, not android)
La Di Da, Look at me, I'm so fancy and prancey with my non mainstream phone OS! Also, Android is Linux, just an fyi...then again IOS is kinda vaguely Unix or BeOS based too, so I guess really anyone not on a Windows Phone (no one uses Windows Phones!) is running Unix in some capacity.

Started playing Surgeon Simulator, it is going exactly as well as it should go. I accidentally sawed a guy's ribcage open while trying to replace his heart. Oops...
To do a heart transplant, don't you HAVE to cut through the ribs (or the sternum)? What's the accident?

Missed out on the Civ V deal this morning. Luckly, a friend bought an extra copy for me just in case.

Ok, seriously...this is the Internet, like 60% cats, 40% Racism, 70% Trolls, 127% Facebook, 20% IRC Bots, 63% Piracy, 2% Knowledge, 45% CAG/SD Traffic, and 73% Assorted Whathaveyous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo
Just because douchebaggery abounds doesn't mean I have to support it--and I choose not to.

Just received a SS Dead island riptide foil for crafting a SS badge. Was thinking of holding onto it for awhile because the supply will eventually die on SS cards. Unlike all other cards. 

Just because douchebaggery abounds doesn't mean I have to support it--and I choose not to.
photo-thumb-259084.jpg

Pointy-dancey guy is fixed!
I want 2 six-shooters to replace the hands. In addition, an appropriate hat & stache would be nice.

I just looked into the Steam Achievement Manager tool folks have been talking about here, and I kinda don't care how useful it is. What the hell is with this "This server is not run by faggots" crap?! I don't know if it's some kind of bizarre internet humor, but I don't want to download anything from this kind of douchebag.
Welcome to The Internet: The safest destination for bitchmade popinjays who like to talk a wealth of shit but can't fight.

Please don't enjoy your stay.

Magika, I never thought that would be on sale!
Sleeping Dogs? Really? That's only been on sale 9234598 times in the last six months.
Hey, look at that, Magicka is on sale! I've been waiting all sale for this! Now my backlog will be complete.

/sarcasm
sarcasm_zpsb2d1f79f.png

i played through jade empire last winter again on steam after not touching it since launch

that game is SO dumb in the best possible way
I l-o-v-e the wuxia genre and JE is so beautiful on PC

but I hate playing it.

Remember when your English teachers said to pay attention, because people in the real world will judge you for your language skills?

I'm bringing it up because the last two pages are a great example as to why.
My English teacher (man, I never could get used to that accent) mostly said "pay attention" during our threeways with the music teacher.

We ------ to The Spice Girls (vinyl) and that shit was too catchy to stay focused.

This is how violent videogames lure you into a shit-snare and, before you even see it coming, you'll be doing shit like this in the near future:

726831_o.gif

Nothing good about that.

I voted for Reus. It looks really cool. It reminds me of the old "god" games that used to be so popular like Black & White and Populous. 

At 50% I just may buy it as it would definitely go into my playing queue. 

Well I bought 2 $20 Steam cards from gamestop thinking that would be enough and now I'm planning on cancelling a few pre-orders to pick up a few more steam cards. I don't think I can make my remaining $13 last a week.

I'm not nor ever have been a fan of the ignore feature. I think reporting for spammers is more than enough. Ignoring user posts just puts everyone is a state where a single fuck up can get them excommunicated from any involvement in discussions. And I'm not just saying that because I'm sure I've been put on a few ignore lists, but because its stifles free speech, even if trolling.

La Di Da, Look at me, I'm so fancy and prancey with my non mainstream phone OS! Also, Android is Linux, just an fyi...then again IOS is kinda vaguely Unix or BeOS based too, so I guess really anyone not on a Windows Phone (no one uses Windows Phones!) is running Unix in some capacity.
It's my internet gtfo. I also try to not subject myself to misogynist or racist speech. #WeAreAllTrayvonMartin

Actually my phone is over 3.5 years old, I fuck ing love Linux in a way you cannot comprehend. Android is not Linux (it is an abomination based on Linux, same wtih IOS). I'd love to upgrade to a new phone... my best hope atm is the Ubuntu phones.. I hope the camera is decent on them, because the camera on most phones is crap, and still put to shame by my 3.5 year old camera in my Nokia. Also mobile sites are nice for the non-iOS/Fandroid crowd as well as anyone who doesn't want yet another shitty app doing something a webpage can and should do.

Remember when your English teachers said to pay attention, because people in the real world will judge you for your language skills?

I'm bringing it up because the last two pages are a great example as to why.
There were no English teachers at my Madrasa.

Just tried it, and it probably is a glitch due to lag, I voted 3 hrs ago and my Steam App (iOS) remembers my vote
I think you have to do both within half a minute of each other, and vote for the same thing. I'll try it again tomorrow and if I get the same result I'll post again about it.

Also, I love Borat.

And did CAG3.0 get rid of the ignore feature? I can't seem to find it
It's still there, just more work.

Settings->Ignore Prefs, and paste and add user.

Holy Shit! She was responding to a user inquiry on a feature of the site, exorcist much?

Grabbed this, thanks.
You're welcome!

No, but it does mean you should learn to tolerate it and be open minded to something past a few simple comments. Using an application does not support internet ignorance/comedy just because the author uses it. Thats like saying you won't watch a Disney or any other Disney related film because you don't support that Walt hated Jews.

Thumbs%20up%20Pipboy.jpg

It's my internet gtfo. I also try to not subject myself to misogynist or racist speech. #WeAreAllTrayvonMartin
Watch out for lizards.

Actually my phone is over 3.5 years old, I fuck ing love Linux in a way you cannot comprehend. Android is not Linux (it is an abomination based on Linux, same wtih IOS). I'd love to upgrade to a new phone... my best hope atm is the Ubuntu phones.. I hope the camera is decent on them, because the camera on most phones is crap, and still put to shame by my 3.5 year old camera in my Nokia. Also mobile sites are nice for the non-iOS/Fandroid crowd as well as anyone who doesn't want yet another shitty app doing something a webpage can and should do.
Android is as much Linux as any other Distro. I agree its not the best of the breed, and oh my do I agree that IOS is an abomination, but it's really not terrible, especially if you had a hybrid of ICS and JB :lol: . And the app is actually pretty nice, it randomly logs you in and starts running whenever a wishlist item is on sale :wall: .

Note: I've been trying to compile a working kernel for my damn chinese Allwinner tablets, and fuck it if I'm not about to give up and just go with Ubuntu...

Holy Shit! She was responding to a user inquiry on a feature of the site, exorcist much?
...ya, and there is totally nothing wrong with that. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the subject of using the Ignore feature, and it just happened to be I replied to her post vs the several others. Chill out. :-({|=

No, but it does mean you should learn to tolerate it and be open minded to something past a few simple comments. Using an application does not support internet ignorance/comedy just because the author uses it. Thats like saying you won't watch a Disney or any other Disney related film because you don't support that Walt hated Jews.
And this is why you're on MY ignore list...

I base my voting now on games I own.  Why?  Sleeping Dogs won the community vote and got cards.  So I see it as a vote for cards.

re: Metrosploitation

I think we all know there are some people here who see crazy deals and see it as a time to make a big profit.  It's usually not a big deal as long as you don't come in here and start bragging about it.  Out of most online communities, I think we tend to keep the community aspect alive a bit more around here when it comes to help others with deals.

A very kind CAG offered me a Sonic glitch bundle at cost which I gladly took.  I think that is the majority of our community and why I love this place so much. 

I base my voting now on games I own. Why? Sleeping Dogs won the community vote and got cards. So I see it as a vote for cards.
You're more likely voting for cards sooner, rather than just cards, since those deals tend to come back as dailies/flashes and I don't think Valve wont do the cards then (since they probably already have them all set up anyways).

Watch out for lizards.

Android is as much Linux as any other Distro. I agree its not the best of the breed, and oh my do I agree that IOS is an abomination, but it's really not terrible, especially if you had a hybrid of ICS and JB :lol: . And the app is actually pretty nice, it randomly logs you in and starts running whenever a wishlist item is on sale :wall: .

Note: I've been trying to compile a working kernel for my damn chinese Allwinner tablets, and fuck it if I'm not about to give up and just go with Ubuntu...

...ya, and there is totally nothing wrong with that. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the subject of using the Ignore feature, and it just happened to be I replied to her post vs the several others. Chill out. :-({|=
I sorry, but I really don't understand your lizards reference.

Sadly you have demonstrated your lack of Linux kernel knowledge.. and the stack of software that sits on top of it that is commonly referred to as GNU Linux. The lack of an X11 implementation in Android prevents native *nix/X11 apps from running on android (without obscure workarounds that less than x% of the userbase may ever do.. that still result in VNCing. Next time, don't throw your kernel out of the pram.

...your tablet notion here is a red herring.. I was explicitly talking about phones... seriously the cellular radio bit of the stack is quite an obstacle atm, not that someone who thinks Android == Linux == GNU Hurd would understand.

You have an internal paradox to resolve in trying to simultaneously support free software and appification of the web. to the Tibetan mountaintop with you!

Having a good Summer Sale so far.  Picked up a ton of stuff on the cheap and am enjoying all of the additional games with cards.  

I used to say that the 2011(?) Summer Sale was the best - the one with tickets and whatnot.  But I think this one trumps it, since I've made more from the cards I've sold that I've used to buy things that I actually want.

Plus I'm not spending a fortune like I did last year, which is a plus.  Always a bonus when you own every other game already.

Anyone know if JakeNome is selling the Mumbo Jumbo pack?

If I were to only get one should I get Chivalry, Mount and Blade Warband, or War of the Roses?

I heard Chivalry has serious lag issues... does that go for all of them?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Note, why I waited on Surgeon Simulator is a question I will forever ask myself. I am having a blast knocking shit off my desk!

And this is why you're on MY ignore list...
First off, clearly I am not if you're reading that...second, I honestly don't see how that, in any way, was a poor thing to say. Oh, so I can't cite specific people whom have specific beliefs and in no way whatsoever condone said beliefs? Cause thats literally it. Unless of course you disagree with the tolerate portion, in which case, I'd say intolerance is akin to previously mentioned beliefs. Just sayin'

I think we should all ignore each other. It would cut down on the rampant Summer Sale posting.
tumblr_lqnv1f7okf1qmnye7o1_500.gif

I sorry, but I really don't understand your lizards reference.
There was nothing to get, live a little!

Sadly you have demonstrated your lack of Linux kernel knowledge.. and the stack of software that sits on top of it that is commonly referred to as GNU Linux. The lack of an X11 implementation in Android prevents native *nix/X11 apps from running on android (without obscure workarounds that less than x% of the userbase may ever do.. that still result in VNCing. Next time, don't throw your kernel out of the pram.
Seriously? How so? Because I made statements that didn't whatsoever have any technical jargon to them for the sake of this being a video games cards forum. I don't need to prove my Linux prowess or lack there of to you, nor was I trying to. That said, Android has basically no need for X11, but I do agree on it generally being a bundle of mess...but I can say the same about alot of other OSs varieties.

...your tablet notion here is a red herring.. I was explicitly talking about phones... seriously the cellular radio bit of the stack is quite an obstacle atm, not that someone who thinks Android == Linux == GNU Hurd would understand.
I was literally just fucking mentioning the tablet because it was driving me nuts as of late trying to get CM10 working on it and was just going to give up and go with Ubuntu...I was fucking satirically insulting my own statements while backing your choice of non-Android based OS usage... fuck, stop immediately think I'm out to pick a fight just because that's all I do.

man-on-fire.jpg

You have an internal paradox to resolve in trying to simultaneously support free software and appification of the web. to the Tibetan mountaintop with you!
My life is a paradox
4f25c244bfd15e0afd21ecb2bc2e033d.jpg

If I were to only get one should I get Chivalry, Mount and Blade Warband, or War of the Roses?

Thanks in advance!
I don't usually have lag issues in Chivalry, just join a server close to you.

They all have their positives and negatives, Chivalry is more arcade style with more twitch based combat than the other two. Warband has larger battles and a lot of mods to mess around with and a better community but feels kind of dated. War of the Roses felt like the in between of the other two, but it also has the least players by far between the three.

I'd go with either Chivalry or Warband (or both!).

Any thoughts on God Mode? I kinda want to pick it up while its a flash deal but I don't think I will have anyone to play co op with

I don't usually have lag issues in Chivalry, just join a server close to you.

They all have their positives and negatives, Chivalry is more arcade style with more twitch based combat than the other two. Warband has larger battles and a lot of mods to mess around with and a better community but feels kind of dated. War of the Roses felt like the in between of the other two, but it also has the least players by far between the three.

I'd go with either Chivalry or Warband (or both!).
I'd agree, though i prefer Chivalry.

You're more likely voting for cards sooner, rather than just cards, since those deals tend to come back as dailies/flashes and I don't think Valve wont do the cards then (since they probably already have them all set up anyways).
Right. Cards (and the emoticons and wallpapers that accompany them) are made by the game's developers. Valve likely asked a bunch of these people to make cards specifically for the sale, but I doubt there are any sets that are contingent on winning a vote. Valve isn't going to ask these developers to work on cards to not release them at some point.

Thanks in advance!
Chivalry is more akin to a medieval CoD. Fast paced, arcadey, not so realistic but easier to pick up and have fun with (bought it today, looking forward to playing). I've heard it can be annoying (like CoD), but that it's pretty solid.

War of the Roses is more of a medieval combat simulator. You'll jump in and get your ass handed to you again and again (and slowly learn how to die less). It's a really awesome, deep game though with a ridiculous amount of customization, mounted combat, large scale battles, etc. Fighting is very technical, where you have to hit specific spots to do more damage, hit from the correct range (attack too close with a halberd and the handle isn't going to do any damage, hit their neck with the blade flawlessly and it comes right off). It's difficult, but it's a lot of fun. I have a fair bit of lag, but I'm in Hawaii, so I'm not a good judge there.

Mount and Blade: Warband is far more dated, but still a cool game. It's more open world strategy where you explore, recruit new soldiers, etc, while combat takes place separately in battle sequences where you march your troops against enemies in grand skirmishes (first person or third person, combat similar to War of the Roses but not quite as technical). It's cool, but like I said, it's a bit dated. I had fun with it though.

tl;dr, They're all solid games (I've got them all), but Chivalry is the easier choice to pick up and play, Warband is a deep, single player experience, and War of the Roses is an even deeper, multiplayer medieval combat simulator.

What in the brouhaha fracas was going on in here earlier?  We need more CAAARDZ talk in this thread for some levity or more game discussion like above ^ with idiotekque's post.  The last few pages have been painful to get through.  I almost thought I was in the wrong thread for a moment.

Speaking of JakeNome, what a guy, and check out his listing.  I bought Toki Tori 2+ ($8) from him along with a few other titles.  The card market for Toki Tori 2+ is still pretty decent for a post-beta STC game.  Yes, I know, it's brand new but even then it's nice to see cards not around .30-.40 for a change.  I do miss the early beta days.  After selling my cards and buying two cheap cards to re-list I was able to get a new game at 68% off in the end. Plus it's a fun game, I'm enjoying it so far.

This glass is half full :beer:

Just wanted to post a shout out to jshaq for just how awesome his addon is for sifting through shit in search results that's already owned.

Before, I had to look at each item's name, or at least the picture.

Now, I'm blowing money like a pro even faster than befo'.

The green fills up my screen and makes it easy to grab the light blue in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back