The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, deals up but they better have the wrong prices. 10% off Kerbal? 50% off Portal 2? 50% off Ace Combat was the price this entire sale already
They've been slow to update the pricing every day so far. They get the games up with the "regular" sale pricing and then update them for the daily specials.

Feel sorry for anyone dumb enough to buy them right out of the gate.

Here are your specials for the day:

23ZoXpw.jpg

Wow, deals up but they better have the wrong prices. 10% off Kerbal? 50% off Portal 2? 50% off Ace Combat was the price this entire sale already
You should be aware by now that the game pages themselves are updated instantly, but the graphics used for the main page aren't. If you simply clicked on Kerbal, you'd realize it was 40% off. :razz:

Also, it's good to see that Hitman: Absolution (a flash sale game) also made it on the daily. So there's still hope if you missed out on a good flash sale.

Yup, I just jumped the gun. Was so surprised that it actually let me through right at noon. 

Actually not a bad day for me, considering getting Fallout and Ace Combat, though might wait on AC to see if it gets an MSRP drop

All jokes aside, my wife and I have been using YNAB for years and it is hands-down the best budgeting software out there. We paid full price for v3 and I don't regret it at all.

EDIT: I just noticed that I just wrote exactly what their ad copy says on the sale page. I'm not an employee or anything, I promise.

So you briefly suspended your budget to overpay for software intended to enforce your budget.

Or were you budgetless from the get-go?

fallout new vegas ultimate for $5 is the cheapest ever.

I laugh every time I see viking as part of the total war collection.

Wait, did deadlight win the vote and not get cards??  Everything I thought I knew has been thrown into question.

And despite not caring about Fallout New Vegas I'm very tempted to buy it anyways because it's just that cheap...

Deadlight won. I was hoping for Orcs must die, oh well.
Me too, so sad. Maybe they will do it again or in a flash deal. I hope can't I?

Yes! Fallout New Vegas Ultimate is $4.99
Woohoo, totally getting that. Haha just bought it on xbox 360 for like $13. Another game to sell.

Vote Torchlight 2!!! Then again most of you already have it. :(
Voted! Loved the first game. I haven't "won" a CC deal yet, everyone votes against me!

Voted Gunpoint because I really want to buy it. TL2 will probably win anyways.

Deadlight any good? I was under the impression that no but reviews seem decent.

It was fun for me at first, but by the time I got to the end of the game I was just glad it was over.

Can't see any glitches today like they had yesterday with Tomb Raider, which is pretty disappointing. They generally would discount all of the Hitman games and all of the Total War games, but the rest of both franchises are still at 50% off. :whistle2:(

I've got the non-Steam version of TL2, if it goes to $5 and has cards I may consider getting the Steam version too, but not sure. I've never double bought a game before just to get on Steam.

I'll most likely pick up Fallout 3 and New Vegas for $10

Any opinions on Eador?
I've got it, bought shortly after launch as it seemed like it would be right up my street.

It has a hex(ish) based strategy mode where you take over regions/towns etc., which is is followed-up by turn-based hex-combat not dissimilar to the Kings Bounty games. The thing is... it feels like it's missing something? All of the ingredients are there: heroes, levelling up skills, parties, good assortment of fantasy races, random events, but for some reason it just didn't grab me.

I've played about 4-5 hours I think and while it was ok (the tutorial took me a while), I've tried to go back to it a few times and haven't got anywhere with it.

Verdict: check out a few YouTube videos or read a review or two. I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason it just didn't click with me.

I have to say I liked it. Nice atmosphere and narration. Gameplay can be a bit boring at times but for that price I'd recommmend it.

I've got it, bought shortly after launch as it seemed like it would be right up my street.

It has a hex(ish) based strategy mode where you take over regions/towns etc., which is is followed-up by turn-based hex-combat not dissimilar to the Kings Bounty games. The thing is... it feels like it's missing something? All of the ingredients are there: heroes, levelling up skills, parties, good assortment of fantasy races, random events, but for some reason it just didn't grab me.

I've played about 4-5 hours I think and while it was ok (the tutorial took me a while), I've tried to go back to it a few times and haven't got anywhere with it.

Verdict: check out a few YouTube videos or read a review or two. I can't put my finger on it, but for some reaso it just didn't click with me.
Thanks, I will look into it. =o)

Can't see any glitches today like they had yesterday with Tomb Raider, which is pretty disappointing. They generally would discount all of the Hitman games and all of the Total War games, but the rest of both franchises are still at 50% off. :whistle2:(
check it again. when the new deal started it still had the total war games at 50% but I check a min later and they changed it to 75% :)

might just get total war shogun at 7.75 seems good. hows the expansion?

fallout new vegas ultimate for $5 is the cheapest ever.

I laugh every time I see viking as part of the total war collection.
I don't understand, why is Viking part of the deal?

I would like to get Shogun 2, I haven't played a total war game in forever it seems and want them. Should I wait for a collection to go on sale? The collections have 50% off with a couple 75%.

check it again. when the new deal started it still had the total war games at 50% but I check a min later and they changed it to 75% :)

might just get total war shogun at 7.75 seems good. hows the expansion?
I've had Fall of the Samurai, which is a standalone expansion. It's very fun. I've been eyeing the base game for quite some time, so I'll probably pick it up for $7.50. I heard that Rise of the Samurai is a fun expansion, and it's rather cheap. Blood DLC can be nice, too, for under a dollar. Not sure if the unit packs are worth it or not...

I was hoping sanctum discount would hit 66% but sadly only 50%. 4 pack prices aren't that bad though.

Sanctum 2 4 pack slots, $5.62 amazon gc.

DisplayFusion 4 pack slots, $6.97 amazon gc.

Lame deals, only picked up tomb raider. Still hoping for for dmc to be like 12 bucks or something but seeing how underwhelming this sale is (again, just like the winter sale) I highly doubt it. Hopefully gmg or amazon makes up for this like last time

Grr, Shogun 2 Otomo Clan is only 50% off... and It's been around since November... all other Shogun 2 DLC is 75% off..

YES! Finally gonna make my first purchase of the sale on System Shock 2 :) quick question: is it important to play the first game before 2, or are they self contained enough?

EDIT: my word SS2 looks terrifying! :cold:
SS1 isn't available anywhere but used... I stumbled across a portable SS1 when looking into SS2 mods... or you can borrow my SS1 CD. ^_~

*looks at System Shock 2*

[MysterD inspired shrug]
I hope you bought it. I don't want to have to have to perform a trepanation today to let the evil spirits outs.

I don't think I own any GOG game that is on steam (W1/W2 GOG'd steam code excluded) for the simple reason that steam versions always see better sales... $2.50 steam vs $5 GOG.

All jokes aside, my wife and I have been using YNAB for years and it is hands-down the best budgeting software out there. We paid full price for v3 and I don't regret it at all.

EDIT: I just noticed that I just wrote exactly what their ad copy says on the sale page. I'm not an employee or anything, I promise.
Prove to us that you're not a cop plant by killing someone buying something overpriced.

So you know, my installed folder for TSW takes up a whopping 38.2 GB of space....
Last time I looked my WoW folder was topping 60GB iirc.

I'm waiting for them Dishonored DLC's to brick down in a sale...
This, 100% this. Got my XCOM DLC, BL2 Psycho Pack, eagerly awaiting 66-75% off Dishonoured DLC (hasn't seen proper price cuts).

I don't understand, why is Viking part of the deal?

I would like to get Shogun 2, I haven't played a total war game in forever it seems and want them. Should I wait for a collection to go on sale? The collections have 50% off with a couple 75%.
Thanks to haku67 pointing it out, it looks like they're all 75% off now. The cheapest collection by far is Rome Total War Collection, at $3.24. They all essentially play the same, it's just whichever time period you most enjoy in my opinion. The newer games to have better graphics and more features, but Rome is a good game too. You could also go for the Grand Master Collection and get every piece of every game for a whopping $41. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back