The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
So someone sell me on Deadlight. I don't really know if I want it.
It was ~$1 in an Amazon bundle in January. It's actually not bad for a cinematic survival-horror platformer by Microsoft. If I had to liken it to something, I'd go with Shadow Complex meets Silent Hill.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUlKEH8Kc3c[/youtube]

Lame deals, only picked up tomb raider. Still hoping for for dmc to be like 12 bucks or something but seeing how underwhelming this sale is (again, just like the winter sale) I highly doubt it. Hopefully gmg or amazon makes up for this like last time
It's Capcom so DMC won't go to 12.

And GMG and Amazon have already had their summer sales, so you're out of luck there unless they have a second summer sale.

Thanks to haku67 pointing it out, it looks like they're all 75% off now. The cheapest collection by far is Rome Total War Collection, at $3.24. They all essentially play the same, it's just whichever time period you most enjoy in my opinion. The newer games to have better graphics and more features, but Rome is a good game too. You could also go for the Grand Master Collection and get every piece of every game for a whopping $41. ;)
If you look at each game in the collections, they aren't 75% off, plus there is Viking for seemingly no reason for $7.

I really wish my copy of New Vegas didn't have issues, every now and then its like the program flickers and I see the border of the program window in fact even Far Cry 3 does it too though just not as often.

Wait, did deadlight win the vote and not get cards?? Everything I thought I knew has been thrown into question.

And despite not caring about Fallout New Vegas I'm very tempted to buy it anyways because it's just that cheap...
OMG @ FO:NV Ultimate at $5.

Everybody who loves FO3: GOTY and is missing FO:NV Ultimate - GET THIS.

Both games are freaking great.

Oh, looks like Fallout 3: GOTY is also $5.

NICE.

I stumbled across another game on the sale: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves ... it's 50% off and actually looks pretty cool. During the day you set traps in the woods, then at night you fend off a werewolf assault. It's got an 80 Metascore ... so, you might want to check it out.

Yes, because if you pay any attention at all to the Summer Getaway cards, you'll know that Torchlight is slated to be on the of the headlining daily deals.
This, and Torchlight 2 has been super cheap in the past, while Gunpoint is a new game that hasn't had a proper sale yet.

I stumbled across another game on the sale: Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves ... it's 50% off and actually looks pretty cool. During the day you set traps in the woods, then at night you fend off a werewolf assault. It's got an 80 Metascore ... so, you might want to check it out.
Fun game and concept. Some of the worst voice acting ever :lol:

Gah, I really want to play Remember Me, but I think my price point on it is about $15, not $30.  Maybe the winter sale? lol.

Tempted on the NBA 2K13 for $7.50. After card monies, that would only be $3 for me, and my last NBA game was 2k11 for 360.
It's a great game if you just want single player. If you want to play online the pc version is horrible. After all this time they still have not fixed the online lag and stuttering issues.

I'm kind of shocked the Sanctum 2 Season Pass isn't on sale. Both GF and GMG had it ~$5.99 in their Summer sales. At $11.99 it's definitely not worth it, even at $5.99 that's a tough pill to swallow for a game with an original MSRP of $14.99.

FO:NV - Old World Blues is the best DLC that I've ever played.

PERIOD.
It looks pretty cool for sure. Never did play any of the DLC because I just borrowed the game on PS3 from a friend to play and that was before any of the DLC(aside from pre-order DLC) was out. Once it was out he didn't want to buy it and I didn't feel like buying it either. Perfect time to grab the complete package and enjoy :D

Funny timing too as I was at his house just yesterday and he was telling me about how he had just started playing NV again just for the Hell of it(still hadn't bought any of the DLC).

Yes, because if you pay any attention at all to the Summer Getaway cards, you'll know that Torchlight is slated to be on the of the headlining daily deals.

Why would anyone vote for Torchlight 2 knowing from the card list that it is going to be one of the featured daily deals?
Can't take back my vote, plus how do you know that the daily deal will have just as good of a discount as the CC deal?

I am admittedly new to steam, besides trying steam out when it first launched. I ran through some guides for steam sales and read nothing about how the cards relate to sales. Sorry.

I want Gunpoint, but I expect the price to be better during the next sale. I think this just came out. Of course, Torchlight 2 is likely to be a flash or a daily later. The only solution is to vote for the thing that nobody wants! :p

As for DmC, I'm predicting it's max discount will be 66% at $17. I feel like you can guess what the max discount will be, based on what the initial non daily discount is, and DmC is at 33% right now. Capcom is supposedly happy with it's sales so I guess is under no pressure to lower the base price (and hence allow for better a better Steam Sale price).

Anyway, I wanted it before the sale, but I've already bought enough other things I didn't plan on that I guess I can wait for DmC until next sale.

Gah, I really want to play Remember Me, but I think my price point on it is about $15, not $30. Maybe the winter sale? lol.
Check with JakeNome. If it's not locked, he should be able to get it for $15, assuming I'm looking at the right price and my basic math skills are still intact.

How is Doom 3:BFG? I've heard some say that the originals are better but for 4.99 for all the dooms seems like a great price point considering only messed around with Doom 3 and Doom.

Huzzah, we moved the magic internet boxes are are using my router.  Back to 2.0MB/s+ speeds!  Bring on TSW!

Picked up Deadlight.  Good times. 

a lot of games getting cards now since beta ended and even more since sale started

some win for the gamers as can collect, build esteem through levels and even sell

good win for the game companies as a little effort in creating cards and allowing cards results in increased sales

huge win for steam as they laugh to the bank on every sale transaction. brilliant plan
I think the developers also get a cut of every transaction. Every sale has a steam cut and a [game name] cut.

Problem w/ Doom 3: BFG Edition = I already own Doom 3 + ROE from Retail.

Already finished Doom 3; never finished ROE or even did much w/ it, though.

This the same problem I have w/ BG1: EE, when I already own BG1: Original from Retail.

Lord knows when I'd ever touch any of those, as well - if ever.

Tempted on the NBA 2K13 for $7.50. After card monies, that would only be $3 for me, and my last NBA game was 2k11 for 360.

How on earth are you getting so much for cards? Everything new is selling for under $0.20 and it's seriously pissing me off because I'm not even half way through the sale and have $5 wallet left.

Or did you mean your past card sales? :lol:

Problem w/ Doom 3: BFG Edition = I already own Doom 3 + ROE from Retail.

Already finished Doom 3; never finished ROE or even did much w/ it, though.

This the same problem I have w/ BG1: EE, when I already own BG1: Original from Retail.

Lord knows when I'd ever touch any of those, as well - if ever.
I'm in the same boat, but will probably pick up Doom 3: BFG Edition anyway because I'm a sucker.

Edit: Sorry, I have no idea why Tapatalk decided to quote the OP instead in the one I wanted a few thousand posts in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back