The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't bring myself to buy Dragonborn & Dawnguard for $20, when they were recently $16, doubly so since Gaben hasn't treated me right. But I know I tend to be more principals-driven than most.
I would have held out too but it was GMG that had it for 8$ right? they seem very fickle when/if sales go on repeat again a lot of time it feels like their best sales are just accidental price mistakes, BL2 for 30$ and Sleeping Dogs for 30$ at release for example.

I would have held out too but it was GMG that had it for 8$ right? they seem very fickle when/if sales go on repeat again a lot of time it feels like their best sales are just accidental price mistakes, BL2 for 30$ and Sleeping Dogs for 30$ at release for example.
Yes. ^_^ I agree. Also you seem to have a strong desire to play it now. I'm a bit buried in TSW & TrackMania atm, with DmC & XCOM also on my short-list... and I want to give BL2 Kreig a go, and Shadowrun Returns unlocks in a week, and... <child @ xmas/bday babble>

Re: Skyrim DLC

To hit the $15 difference, I'd pay $7 each for Dawnguard and Dragonborn. I could pass altogether on Hearthfire but I'd take it for $1.

I can't bring myself to buy Dragonborn & Dawnguard for $20, when they were recently $16, doubly so since Gaben hasn't treated me right. But I know I tend to be more principals-driven than most.
Yeah, I can see what you mean. I already own Dawnguard though.... picked it up elsewhere for cheap. So I'll still come out at less that $20 for both, which is a bit easier to swallow.

Well after a few of these mediocre 'major' Steam sales in a row I've learned my lesson not to get excited about them.  With the dominant market share Valve doesn't have to work some much to attract people thus you get lower discounts and excessive deal recycling.  In the past when there were just daily deals there was more variety in terms of what games got featured for steep discounts.  Now because people who routinely download full movies on their phone and send text messages every five minutes can't be bothered to check Steam's website for ten seconds a day we need to have the same deal posted at least three times so people don't miss them.  This sale was, at best, a massive collection of midweek/weekend/non-event daily deals.

Ahhhh, Steam Summer Sale 2011, the tickets were a blast.  It was also my first Steam sale so all the sales were so amazing, I didn't have many Steam games at the time.  Coal was also fun until the prizes were basically gone.  I have only picked up Tomb Raider 91% off games this time and a couple of gifts for fellow CAGs.  I'm on the fence with Half-Minute Hero and maybe Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 if it comes back.

This is my 1st Steam sale. I have spent a good amount of time on the site but I am not very bright. What are the cards for? I have picked up a few games I am happy with. I'm a console gamer mainly, but after I played Metro Last Light at max settings (got the game for a penny due to the BB glitch), I am very happy to play PC games.

I hope the DA ultimate collection goes on sale soon. I own them on the console and have beaten them. I just think they would be much better on a PC.

Don't forget the wonderful glitches!
Imo, the 91% TRs weren't that exciting in their own right... It's about what you'd pay for them in a pack... mainly just OMG 91% glitch (and lasted a long time).

Blood Dragon 55% glitch, not that exciting

Counter Strike $0.14 glitch very very short lived, on a couple CAGs reporting they got in on it. So it's hard to be that excited.

And $0.01 Metro LL was BB not steam (and largely full of disappointment). I didn't get in on this. (I have an unused Nvidia code anyhow, and still haven't played 2033.)

So imo, the glitches didn't really do anything for me.

I'm sure someone has mentioned it here but someone told me earlier that there are developers on Neogaf saying they wanted to put higher discounts but Valve nixed them.

Well after a few of these mediocre 'major' Steam sales in a row I've learned my lesson not to get excited about them. With the dominant market share Valve doesn't have to work some much to attract people thus you get lower discounts and excessive deal recycling. In the past when there were just daily deals there was more variety in terms of what games got featured for steep discounts. Now because people who routinely download full movies on their phone and send text messages every five minutes can't be bothered to check Steam's website for ten seconds a day we need to have the same deal posted at least three times so people don't miss them. This sale was, at best, a massive collection of midweek/weekend/non-event daily deals.
I think it is more about saturation than lackluster deals. Many games in this sale have been good deals, but they have been good deals in the past and really can't get any lower. Also, there are so many more sites that offer deals and indie bundles that it is hard to make any sale feel special anymore.

My main "issue" isn't that the deals aren't good enough, but I have more than enough to play and even the greatest deal isn't going to get me to buy when I know I won't play it for at least 6 months. To be honest, going into this sale I didn't expect to spend all that much, and I'm not disappointed. To be honest, my big purchase was actually the week before the sale when I bought Sonic Racing Transformed for $5. Someone above piffed that it was like weekly/daily deals, but that's because such deals can be hard to beat.

I'm sure someone has mentioned it here but someone told me earlier that there are developers on Neogaf saying they wanted to put higher discounts but Valve nixed them.
Actually no, that never entered into the debate pissing contest over why sale prices are sucking.

I think it is more about saturation than lackluster deals. Many games in this sale have been good deals, but they have been good deals in the past and really can't get any lower. Also, there are so many more sites that offer deals and indie bundles that it is hard to make any sale feel special anymore.
Well the simple fact is that games that normally hit $5 only hit $6 on this sale. That's crappier discounts in my opinion.

So what's the huge deal about Retro City Rampage?  I voted for it since it was the higher discount, but just wondering if it is any funner than stuff like GTA I and II or Chinatown Wars?  I already have it on PS+ so I guess I could play it, but feels like one of those retro, indie games that gets hyped up just for the sake of it. 

I wonder if this has anything to do with EA's peer pressure:

Q: One of the things that Steam does is this random deep-discounting of software, and it works well for them. Do you see that as something you want to do?

EA's David DeMartini: We won’t be doing that. Obviously they think it’s the right thing to do after a certain amount of time. I just think it cheapens your intellectual property. I know both sides of it, I understand it. If you want to sell a whole bunch of units, that is certainly a way to do that, to sell a whole bunch of stuff at a low price. The gamemakers work incredibly hard to make this intellectual property, and we’re not trying to be Target. We’re trying to be Nordstrom. When I say that, I mean good value – we’re trying to give you a fair price point, and occasionally there will be things that are on sale you could look for a discount, just don’t look for 75 percent off going-out-of-business sales.

I do admit there weren't many things I was anticipating since my wishlist is relatively small but, yes, discounts are lower across the board.  And at this point after multiple sale events it's becoming a pattern.

So what's the huge deal about Retro City Rampage? I voted for it since it was the higher discount, but just wondering if it is any funner than stuff like GTA I and II or Chinatown Wars? I already have it on PS+ so I guess I could play it, but feels like one of those retro, indie games that gets hyped up just for the sake of it.
Everything I've heard about it is that it is highly overrated.

At this point things like Magicka and Garry's Mod should not be taking up a daily spot, a flash spot, and a CV spot.  They should be 75% off base during the course of the sale.

I wonder if this has anything to do with EA's peer pressure:

Q: One of the things that Steam does is this random deep-discounting of software, and it works well for them. Do you see that as something you want to do?

EA's David DeMartini: We won’t be doing that. Obviously they think it’s the right thing to do after a certain amount of time. I just think it cheapens your intellectual property. I know both sides of it, I understand it. If you want to sell a whole bunch of units, that is certainly a way to do that, to sell a whole bunch of stuff at a low price. The gamemakers work incredibly hard to make this intellectual property, and we’re not trying to be Target. We’re trying to be Nordstrom. When I say that, I mean good value – we’re trying to give you a fair price point, and occasionally there will be things that are on sale you could look for a discount, just don’t look for 75 percent off going-out-of-business sales.
Outlet invasion: Upscale stores head downmarket

Which games are those? As far as I can tell, the usual suspects which were usually $5 continued to be $5.
$20 stuff with the 70% discounts... I'm too rushed to scry or examples atm. Didn't you notice the large numbers of 70% discounts?... historically a weird discount on individual games (pack discounts are less rigid)

Anything base price of $20 discounted 70% instead of 75%. Mass Effect was one example.
Thanks!

I'm very tempted to pick up Torchlight 2. The only thing stopping me is the prospect of it being released on XBLA or it being included in a Humble Bundle at some point.

I do hate having an extreme amount of repeats. Just twice at most....same sales over and over and over. I really hope Incredipede comes out tommorrow then. Excellent price and would buy the heck out of it. Also before today's daily deal Morrowind was I believe 66% off. Valve guys just went to the system, changed all the elder scrolls prices to reflect about 40% and eh...just left it like that. I was just hoping for a good sale on it since I missed out on it before...will be cheap again at least. Funny how 66% is becoming a slight bit exciting now that 75% off is a rare thing though there were some excellent 80% off deals. Oh well....

I'm almost positive they said TL2 would never come to XBLA because of memory limitations.  As far as a bundle goes it took around three years or more for them to put Torchlight 1 in a bundle so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.  $5 is a great price... it's not a typical piddly indie game where you'll play it for like three hours and say, oh that's nice, it's a proper game that is only lacking in AAA production values such as higher end graphics, voice acting, etc.

Which games are those? As far as I can tell, the usual suspects which were usually $5 continued to be $5.
This year's sale list: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2330156

Winter: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2290835

Last Summer: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2257242

2011 Winter: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2213993

2011 Summer http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?s=40149732445ed9b6d6a274dc9df1e0b0&t=2175344

Examples:

Sim City 4

Mass Effect 2

Mirror's Edge

Crysis

etc...

Q.E.D.

I'm very tempted to pick up Torchlight 2. The only thing stopping me is the prospect of it being released on XBLA or it being included in a Humble Bundle at some point.
Get it on Steam. The workshop added even more content to an already content rich game. I bought it for full price at launch which i know is big CAG no no. However i loved Torchlight 1 and Diablo 3 had left a bad taste in my mouth so I was really looking forward to Torchlight 2. I still have not beaten it however what I have played so far is fun.

Is there a thread devoted to this subject? Or are the posts interspersed with the regular steam thread?

If it's the latter, I'll just have to take your word for it (not that I really doubt you) because there's no way I'm gonna hunt through 50,000 posts to find the relevant ones.

Won't be HIB for years imo... only did TL1 humble to promote TL2 a couple weeks before it's release. Better with KB/M anyhow... if you want cheaper, 4-pack group buy.

TL2 is a much better game than TL1.

Is there a thread devoted to this subject? Or are the posts interspersed with the regular steam thread?

If it's the latter, I'll just have to take your word for it (not that I really doubt you) because there's no way I'm gonna hunt through 50,000 posts to find the relevant ones.
I can't really confirm or deny it -- I'm just passing along second hand information.

I hope the DA ultimate collection goes on sale soon. I own them on the console and have beaten them. I just think they would be much better on a PC.
I can assure that if you like your RPGs tactical, DA:O is much better on PC than console. DA2 on the other hand appears to be essentially the same.

Who knows what EA/BioWare will do with DA3? The cynic in me says it'll probably be a rehash of DA2 with one or two small bones thrown to those who recognized what a watered-down product the sequel was relative to DA:O.

So what's the huge deal about Retro City Rampage? I voted for it since it was the higher discount, but just wondering if it is any funner than stuff like GTA I and II or Chinatown Wars? I already have it on PS+ so I guess I could play it, but feels like one of those retro, indie games that gets hyped up just for the sake of it.
It's a fun game with amusing references until the very end, which is so hard I wanted to smash my Vita on the floor and punch the developer in the face.

My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact I want my pain to be inflicted upon others. I want no one to escape.

After many years of steam sales, I'm making one change... I'm no longer telling myself "wait for the steam seasonal sale" when I see good deals ahead of the steam sale.

My opinion that the big steam sales are reliable for DLC rings truer than ever. This sale has mainly been about select bits of DLC for me.
^^ This. I am of the mind now that if I think it's a worth it deal, then I'm buying. Steam is little more than a Library program making it easier to keep eveything in one place. That's not to say I won't value Steam codes for games above non-steam versions (auto-patching, less DRM issues,etc.). But if Valve continues on this path, I can see someone like Amazon's digital service increasing thier market share (which is where alot of the best deals over the past year and 1/2 have come from.

You'll be almost 70 cents richer. It's not even worth the electricity to idle anymore.
I didn't even think of that wow.

That is sad : /

I know I left my PC on at night just to idle during the initial Beta of the Cards but now it definitely is not worth it.. especially here in Chicago where we have been having a brutally hot and humid summer and so I would much rather pay for AC than a few cards that will net me $.40 total : /

CheapyD is streaming Euro Truck Simulator 2 right now, I know a few of you guys were interested in the game so you might want to check it out.

EDIT: nvm its not a live stream, looks like it was recorded last night. Still the video gives you a good idea of how the game really plays.

Ah, yes, I couldn't remember if it was something like that or tentacle porn....or was it both?!
Equus Caballus cunnilingus.

Look what you made me do!
warz-own.PNG
1253637441-admiral_ackbar.jpg

The cost to keep a computer on 24/7 for a full month is pretty negligible. I asked before.  I don't think it even saves you a dollar a month to turn it off at night.

I will say that the Steam Card Sale (if we look back to the beta) has been a success.  My haul so far:

Games:

Cubemen 2

Triple Town

Monster Loves You

Faster Than Light

Tower Wars

Zack Zero

Strike Suit Infinity

Drunken Robot Pornography

Defiance

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Ace of Spades

$15 Paypal

$34 Steam Wallet

Got Bully, and Rayman Origins. Already have had Rayman on the Wii, and Vita but never really could get into it on either of them Bully looks like an interesting game so it was worth the cheap price. Hoping Lost Planet 1&2 goes 75% off before the sale ends.

I know I left my PC on at night just to idle during the initial Beta of the Cards but now it definitely is not worth it.. especially here in Chicago where we have been having a brutally hot and humid summer and so I would much rather pay for AC than a few cards that will net me $.40 total : /
The decline from Awesome to Pointless was fast. They are going to need to make changes soon or games with cards will just be an annoyance.

They should at least get their own section in the Inventory so that they don't hide all the good stuff like 10% off Toki Tori 2 coupons.

Awesomenauts cards are like finding 7 Force-a-Natures in one day.

How do I accumulate these cards? I haven't played much on Steam but have about 10+ games.
You have to have games that have cards, you can check this in the badges area. Then you must play the game (or idle in the games menu or use the achievement manager its whatever). Then the cards will drop randomly while this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back