The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
The new batman is never going to actually put on the suit.  The movie is going to be directed by Matt Damon and focus on Bruce Wayne the man, not batman the legend.  It's going to be a three hour drama and Phillip Seymour Hoffman is going to win an Oscar for it even though he's not in the movie.

{having memories of the "What Is The Internet?" scene w/ Ben Affleck and Jay & SIlent Bob}
ooh i forgot about Jay, who is he gonna play? The Riddler? Damon is definitely going to be Catwoman.

EDIT: Is been confirmed that Jennifer Lopez is going to play Poison Ivy by the way and yes she's going to have a fighting scene with Garner, how cool is that?

I'm totally voting for MysterD as the worst company in the USA now.

Yeah, I don't like having myself for company, either.

I'm annoying, boring, uninteresting, not funny - and that's just for starters. ;)

Doesn't even count even my other personalities, either. ;)

EDIT:

llmafo sorry mysterd i guess MysterD client is dead before it begins
MysterD Client is....NOT cancelled.

#DealWithIt

What's the deal with fan-patches/fixes for Dark Souls?  It looks like at least some of problems at launch were officially patched?  I see more resolution options than I was expecting as well. What should I be looking to do to make sure I'm getting the full experience?

Edit: maybe this doesn't matter if I can't get #@$! GFWL to work!

GabeN 4 Batman!

What's the deal with fan-patches/fixes for Dark Souls? It looks like at least some of problems at launch were officially patched? I see more resolution options than I was expecting as well. What should I be looking to do to make sure I'm getting the full experience?

Edit: maybe this doesn't matter if I can't get #@$! GFWL to work!
You need DSfix if you want to play pretty PC version not muddy 720p console version.

GabeN 4 Batman!

You need DSfix if you want to play pretty PC version not muddy 720p console version.
Thanks! I found that, then played a little so that I can compare how they look. The controls on this game are kind of frustrating though. The notes on the ground tell me to do things that I can't seem to work out on the gamebad. Oh well, I'll give it another whirl tomorrow.

What's the deal with fan-patches/fixes for Dark Souls? It looks like at least some of problems at launch were officially patched? I see more resolution options than I was expecting as well. What should I be looking to do to make sure I'm getting the full experience?
DSFix is quite a good fix for Dark Souls, yes. That's what I use it. Helps w/ unlocking resolutions and also adds some graphical bells & whistles.

IMHO - Dark Souls plays best w/ a gamepad, BTW.

Just so you know - AO (Ambient Occlusion) is VERY taxing. So, if you have framerate problems here and there - especially on bosses, if framerates drops to 15 or less - turn AO off.

After Daredevil Ben Affleck vowed never to play another superhero: Now the Argo director, dubbed 'Batfleck', is the new Batman. A shock move by the ‘Argo’ star – who had sworn off playing superheroes – has sent social media into a spin.

ben-affleck-daredevil-batman.jpg

Yeah, I don't like having myself for company, either.

I'm annoying, boring, uninteresting, not funny - and that's just for starters. ;)

Doesn't even count even my other personalities, either. ;)

EDIT:

MysterD Client is....NOT cancelled.

#DealWithIt
sure it isnt well i hate microsoft now i have so many gfwl games that need to be patch lol re5 reorc lp colonies edition 1 and 2 codemasters games

sure it isnt well i hate microsoft now i have so many gfwl games that need to be patch lol re5 reorc lp colonies edition 1 and 2 codemasters games
I got a pretty good of G4WL games, as well -> Fable 3; Batman AA + AC; Shadowrun; Dead Rising 2; DIRT 2; Bioshock 2; Gears of War; LP: Colonies Edition; MK Arkade Kollection; Street Fighter 4 (original edition); GTA4 + EFLC; RF:G; RE5; etc etc. List surely goes on for me - can't think of 'em, but that's a few off the top of my head.

I do hope a lot of games patch-out G4WL before it goes away. And if there's any DRM or Securom garbage, that gets ditched, too.

I'd really like if SP games get DRM-removed and/or get tossed over to full-blown Steamworks.

I'd really hope that many of these G4WL games that have MP and/or online components to them get converted to full-blown Steamworks.

So I finished SRIV, and basically I agree with Cheapy's review.But my main concern going forward with open world games is will I be spoiled by IV's super powered locomotion? I've played other super hero sandbox games (TIHUD, Prototype, Crackdown) but their movement mechanics weren't as fluid or didn't grab me as IV's running/jumping.gliding did. Basically what I'm saying is, when I'm playing GTAV and it takes me 10 minutes to go from one side of town to the other to do a mission, will I be like, "Oh god, why can't I just run there in 10 seconds like I can in SRIV?" Guess we hafta wait to find out.

So I finished SRIV, and basically I agree with Cheapy's review.But my main concern going forward with open world games is will I be spoiled by IV's super powered locomotion? I've played other super hero sandbox games (TIHUD, Prototype, Crackdown) but their movement mechanics weren't as fluid or didn't grab me as IV's running/jumping.gliding did. Basically what I'm saying is, when I'm playing GTAV and it takes me 10 minutes to go from one side of town to the other to do a mission, will I be like, "Oh god, why can't I just run there in 10 seconds like I can in SRIV?" Guess we hafta wait to find out.
Just b/c SR4 does this, does NOT mean every other game that's open-world need to employ such a thing.

Since GTA is usually and most recently (see GTA4) WAY more realistic than SR games, I just don't see why we'd need this in a GTA game. GTA games ain't about super-powers, bending reality and being over-the-top ridiculous like SR - SR just always tries to break every rule in the freaking book, anyways.

If they really want to cut-down time in GTA games for travelling, a "game-y" fast-travel system should suffice just fine - even though every open-world game often seems to be employing such a thing. I'm also guessing the character-switching mechanic in GTA5 will probably cut-down on the "travelling" stuff. I'm not sure if in GTA5 the other characters can be ordered to go places on the map and/or if you can let the other characters' AI do its own thing - but that would be great reason to make the player want to switch b/t the other characters. Players will just cut over to one of the other characters, if thing's get "boring" for them when travelling. Or, you know - the map for GTA5 could do a Skyrim and just load the map with TONS of main and side things to do on the way, to make the players not really worry too much about travelling.

Granted, I ain't played SR4 - but doesn't the way character move around in SR4 help make cars even more "useless"?

I agree in theory about the Skyrim/Elder Scrolls type gameplay, but to me GTA isn't really that type of game. I think Red Dead did a great job with that. As for fast travel, in GTAIV I took cabs all the time, but in doing so I think I missed out on a bunch of exploration, which should be a main hook for a good open world game. In SRIV you were running all over Steelport, but you could still do some exploring. I actually think Watch Dogs might do a good job of just randomly walking around doing cool stuff, who knows?

For anyone who is interested, AAAAAAAA for the Awesome now has Oculus support, and I must say it's best demonstration of Rift technology I've tried yet!  There are probably other demos that are more innovative, but so far this game, Proton Pulse and Shufflepuck Cantina are the most "fun" as real games with the Oculus contributing instead of just being a gimmick.  I need to try Surgeon Simulator soon as well...

I agree in theory about the Skyrim/Elder Scrolls type gameplay, but to me GTA isn't really that type of game. I think Red Dead did a great job with that. As for fast travel, in GTAIV I took cabs all the time, but in doing so I think I missed out on a bunch of exploration, which should be a main hook for a good open world game. In SRIV you were running all over Steelport, but you could still do some exploring. I actually think Watch Dogs might do a good job of just randomly walking around doing cool stuff, who knows?
For a GTA game, I still think GTA: VC did the open-world thing the best, littering the actual map w/ tons of things to do and whatnot. You wouldn't travel too far - and then, there was always something on the map to do for a side-quest and whatnot. SA was huge, but you could literally go around the huge-sized map...and there just ain't much to do for a good distance.

I got a pretty good of G4WL games, as well -> Fable 3; Batman AA + AC; Shadowrun; Dead Rising 2; DIRT 2; Bioshock 2; Gears of War; LP: Colonies Edition; MK Arkade Kollection; Street Fighter 4 (original edition); GTA4 + EFLC; RF:G; RE5; etc etc. List surely goes on for me - can't think of 'em, but that's a few off the top of my head.

I do hope a lot of games patch-out G4WL before it goes away. And if there's any DRM or Securom garbage, that gets ditched, too.

I'd really like if SP games get DRM-removed and/or get tossed over to full-blown Steamworks.

I'd really hope that many of these G4WL games that have MP and/or online components to them get converted to full-blown Steamworks.
yup i email codemaster about it becuase i have many of their games with gwfl i had no problmes with it and dont tallk bout capcoms games will bioshock 2 i think batman ac is getting patch out rest unknown and mk arcade i wish they do

ooh i forgot about Jay, who is he gonna play? The Riddler? Damon is definitely going to be Catwoman.

EDIT: Is been confirmed that Jennifer Lopez is going to play Poison Ivy by the way and yes she's going to have a fighting scene with Garner, how cool is that?
It's fucking Gigli all over again. I'd like to see everyone at DC and everyone in the movie industry spontaneously combust for shitting all over TDKR with Ben Affleck as Batman. Now if this was Joseph Gordon-Leavitt in a Nightwing movie, everything would be different. But they might as well throw in Christopher Mintz-Plasse as fucking Robin and make it into a joke movie like all the pre-Bale ones were. Can we get the green light for Carrot Top as The Riddler already?

yup most capcom games for re and lp and mk arkadeedition and re5 and reorc and rfg dirt 2 and 3 fuel operation flashpoint coop i think there moree blacklight tango down

and i ask codemaster and this what they said

Microsoft have not officially announced any plans, at the moment, to close Games for Windows Live, so all GFWL games can continue to be played without hindrance at the current time.

Additionally most of our GFWL games can be played using an offline profile which is unaffected by the Windows Live service.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

It's fucking Gigli all over again. I'd like to see everyone at DC and everyone in the movie industry spontaneously combust for shitting all over TDKR with Ben Affleck as Batman. Now if this was Joseph Gordon-Leavitt in a Nightwing movie, everything would be different. But they might as well throw in Christopher Mintz-Plasse as fucking Robin and make it into a joke movie like all the pre-Bale ones were. Can we get the green light for Carrot Top as The Riddler already?

lewisblackcag_zpsc6c57049.jpg

Wonderful, wonderful little puzzle-platformer. Completed it to 100% and loved every minute.

This isn't a great price as it's been a) 75% off before and b) in a Humble Bundle, but this is cheap-ish. If you have this in your backlog and want something to play, play it.
It is number 2-3 in my "to play next" list. To The Moon is currently the only thing I want to play more, but TWA has been tugging at me to start it for awhile (just the fact it has a british narrator was enough to sell me on it) ^_^

DSFix is quite a good fix for Dark Souls, yes. That's what I use it. Helps w/ unlocking resolutions and also adds some graphical bells & whistles.

IMHO - Dark Souls plays best w/ a gamepad, BTW.

Just so you know - AO (Ambient Occlusion) is VERY taxing. So, if you have framerate problems here and there - especially on bosses, if framerates drops to 15 or less - turn AO off.
Yeah, I'm using a gamepad. I think it's the fact that combat is done with the triggers instead of the buttons. I know a lot of new games do this, but I'm old and grew up in the days before there were trigger-buttons, so I find them very clumsy and difficult to wrap my brain around.

Yeah, I'm using a gamepad. I think it's the fact that combat is done with the triggers instead of the buttons. I know a lot of new games do this, but I'm old and grew up in the days before there were trigger-buttons, so I find them very clumsy and difficult to wrap my brain around.

The SNES pad had shoulder buttons back in '91 (North America). Do you feel that the triggers are less intuitive than shoulder buttons?

The SNES pad had shoulder buttons back in '91. Are the triggers less intuitive than shoulder buttons?
Buttons are tighter and more responsive (well better tactile feedback at least) than triggers-as-buttons.

I've been using shoulder buttons way before that. (And SNES shoulder buttons were mushy.)

IMG_1307.png

Yea, I'm from the old-school, too. Been gaming since Arcades in 80's and Atari 7800.

It took me a while to get used to using triggers for main attacks - but, I'm used to it nowadays.

I think hasheeshkitty mentioned this gamepad: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY

I have the 310 above, a wired 360, and a lowly Logitech Dual Action smh. The Logitech F310's triggers are tangibly more similar to its shoulder buttons than the 360 pad -- more consistent.

Edit: I understated the difference between the two pads. Info for lurkers:

The 360's triggers are styled narrowly like a gun, contrasting the long, ergonomic shoulder buttons. They're more resistant, reset more quickly, and produce much louder clacking sounds than the 310, especially when pressing them rapidly like a crazed paparazzo determined to snap some celebrity vagina.

The Logitech's triggers are flat and broad so they don't actually resemble a gat's trigger. Its shoulders are dark and much shorter than the 360's; they look like a swagless German d-bag's moustache. The 310's shoulder buttons cause pain toward the end of, and after, a long session since they're so narrow and require pressure to be applied mostly with a small section of my finger. If you have shorter digits than mine (you probably do), you're more likely to avoid fatigue because you'd be pressing with an area closer to your fingertip.

Conclusion.

The SNES pad had shoulder buttons back in '91 (North America). Do you feel that the triggers are less intuitive than shoulder buttons?
I do, but it's mostly because most SNES games used the shoulder buttons for secondary features. They scrolled the screen left or right or helped navigate a menu, but the jumping and slashing was left to the regular buttons. I find that I have a tough time getting used to games where the triggers are used for primary actions, and when both the triggers and the shoulder buttons are used? Game over, man.

My brain just doesn't like to tell my fingers to take action -- it wants my thumbs to do all the work.

Part of it, I suspect, is that I haven't used a console since the PS1/N64 days. I didn't game much in college and PC games were mostly KB&M. So I never eased into new controller layouts the way a lot of people were.

I think hasheeshkitty mentioned this gamepad: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY

I have the 310 above, a wired 360, and a lowly Logitech Dual Action smh

The Logitech F310's triggers are tangibly more similar to its shoulder buttons than the 360 pad. More consistency.
Ah, I used to have one of those (or an earlier version). That was a great controller. I mostly used it for emulating NES and SNES games. I use a wired XBox 360 now.

I usually wished more SNES games would assign certain actions to the shoulder buttons, particularly movement ones.  Star Fox using them for barrel rolls felt right.  In Megaman X, I always reassigned the dash to R because it never felt natural having it by the jump and fire buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back