The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
While I agree, I think the more apt comparison would be to a controller. This certainly isn't going to be marketed directly to the competitive multiplayer/FPS crowd. It does provide an opportunity for possibly cumbersome KB&M living room arrangements to be circumvented at the same time still being an improvement over a standard controller.
I'm in the process of upgrading my HTPC to handle gaming. I bought a couple Logitech F710s the week before Steam announced the new controller. I'll be curious to see how real-world reviews shake out, but the price is going to be the big question.

Using Civ V as an example: right now, it doesn't bother me that I can't play it from my living-room sofa. I'm not sure I really want to lean forward and squint at the tiny text from across the room. But if a handheld control scheme really did work well enough to replace kb/m, then I'd at least be tempted to look into UI options for the game, and buying another controller might start to make sense.

--

Completely different subject: I added a bunch of people who posted their Steam IDs. If you're confirming, or want to add more peeps, I'm at http://steamcommunity.com/id/feeshfood/.

I'm in the process of upgrading my HTPC to handle gaming. I bought a couple Logitech F710s the week before Steam announced the new controller. I'll be curious to see how real-world reviews shake out, but the price is going to be the big question.

Using Civ V as an example: right now, it doesn't bother me that I can't play it from my living-room sofa. I'm not sure I really want to lean forward and squint at the tiny text from across the room. But if a handheld control scheme really did work well enough to replace kb/m, then I'd at least be tempted to look into UI options for the game, and buying another controller might start to make sense.

--

Completely different subject: I added a bunch of people who posted their Steam IDs. If you're confirming, or want to add more peeps, I'm at http://steamcommunity.com/id/feeshfood/.
Civ V isn't really a "TV" game anyway, I feel like...civ games are better played close up to the monitor w/keyboard and mouse. Although I play it on my tv, because I don't have a monitor, I just have my gaming pc hooked up to my tvizzle.

Civ V isn't really a "TV" game anyway, I feel like...civ games are better played close up to the monitor w/keyboard and mouse. Although I play it on my tv, because I don't have a monitor, I just have my gaming pc hooked up to my tvizzle.
I mentioned Civ V because it was in the Steam controller demo. I agree that I'd rather play it at a desk, with the screen up close and personal; but the controller's ability to emulate kb/m could possibly entice me to try it in a living-room environment, provided that said controller is cheap enough to justify an impulse purchase.

I mentioned Civ V because it was in the Steam controller demo. I agree that I'd rather play it at a desk, with the screen up close and personal; but the controller's ability to emulate kb/m could possibly entice me to try it in a living-room environment, provided that said controller is cheap enough to justify an impulse purchase.
wonder if they will give an option to emulate a central control stick, all that flicking to turn in Portal 2 (or any fps) would quickly annoy me. Other than that, and the obvious issues with multi button/combo heavy games (think MMO's) looks good.

No, I'm in the middle of Beyond 2 Souls.
hey, me too! Beyond bro fist bump.

125319457521.png

[curious]

So, how is Beyond?

Any good?

[/curious]
It's good so far, I'm really into it. Better than Heavy Rain in most if not all areas I'd say. Can't fully judge the story yet but it's good, more intriguing subject matter than Heavy Rain. If you're not familiar with Heavy Rain then I don't know, it's hard to compare this to another game.

beat me to it. I've heard very mixed reviews
For the first few days there were twice as many "positive" reviews as "mixed" on Metacritic, the problem is they give more weight to the mixed ones so the game is sitting at 73% "mixed" overall, while having an overwhelming number of positive reviews. Sucks.

For the first few days there were twice as many "positive" reviews as "mixed" on Metacritic, the problem is they give more weight to the mixed ones so the game is sitting at 73% "mixed" overall, while having an overwhelming number of positive reviews. Sucks.
Huh. That's dumb and makes no sense...they should all be worth the same. A review's a review.

It's good so far, I'm really into it. Better than Heavy Rain in most if not all areas I'd say. Can't fully judge the story yet but it's good, more intriguing subject matter than Heavy Rain. If you're not familiar with Heavy Rain then I don't know, it's hard to compare this to another game.
Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit also developed by Quantic Dream is probably the best comparison to a game on PC, as it shares much of the same story driven QTE heavy gameplay. Which reminds me I seriously need to play it...

Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit also developed by Quantic Dream is probably the best comparison to a game on PC, as it shares much of the same story driven QTE heavy gameplay. Which reminds me I seriously need to play it...
Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit is also the last game Quantic has unfortunately put on our beloved PC platform. :'(

EDIT:

Hmmm... I've been gone for a month and I see a bunch of Steam shenanigans have occurred.
Bah - that "bunch of Steam shenanigans" happens in ONE Day on these forums! ;)

I don't wanna imagine what being gone for a month is like - playing catch-up will be almost impossible! ;)

Bionic Commando is pretty cool. I played about 30 min and don't regret spending the $2.49 so far. You're gonna want to force vsync and AA unless you like screen tearing and jaggies, some people do. :whistle2:?

I wish there was an option to upgrade to the Colonies edition of Lost Planet. I bought the base version years ago and would like the extra features of Colonies, but I don't want two separate entries for the same game in my library and (this may be TOO cheap ass) I'd rather get those extra features for less than $5.

Well got suckered by Capcom again picking up the SFxT complete pack off amazon for the magic 75% off.  I already got burned once on the 360 so might as well have it happen again with Steam.  The "complete" is more or less accurate insofar as what has been released for the PC version, however, it's another in the long list of things Capcom has half-assed with this title.  The costume DLC is only the swap costumes, none of the alternate costumes have been released on the PC, also the 12 DLC characters have no swap or alternate costumes available.  Had I paid more attention to the DLC available this probably wouldn't be a surprise, but all in all it's still pretty irritating.  As it stands with the DLC characters included the game is probably worth the $15 and it does have cards (I finally got my second foil drop with a Cammy foil so yay for that), but a word of caution the game isn't as complete as one might have otherwise hoped.

how about wait for bundle?

Im actually more interested in Iesabel:

it looks like a pretty decent diablo-clone. im gonna look up some gameplay videos of it.

after beating van helsing last month, i need a new diablo-clone
I'm not sure if you've played it but if the Marvel Comics IP brings you any joy I can recommend Marvel Heroes to you... Its F2P and you can get your fix very easy without spending any money on it. I honestly spent over a hundred hours on it before I spent money on it... and now its even easier to not spend money on.

The real hang up in on STASH space and if you like one of the free characters...

You have enough room (STASH) for one character but when you start playing more you'll likely have issues... (They redid the itemization now so even this might not be much of an issue, any item a few levels below you is almost worthless to you... but I would, admittedly have issues.)

The other hangup is the starter heroes... Very few, if any of them would be most peoples first choice, I went with Hawkeye (He suffers more now than he use to) and really enjoyed him as he plays allot like the Rogue from Diablo. (Just with more trick shot arrows.)

with all this capcom/fighting game talk going i was looking through my library (a meager 787 compared to most other cags http://steamcommunity.com/id/shrinerr/games?tab=all ) and I found that I don't have a single traditional fighting game in the mix. the closest thing i have is VF2 from the SG&MDC. a few reasons why...

a) not very many fighting games in indie bundles

b) don't wanna play play fighting games with 360 controller, i have the wireless dongle

c) i have an irrational bias towards consoles for fighting games. I'm probably gonna get USFIV for ps3 even though i can save money getting it on pc. just stubborn like that i guess.

I know this has been brought up before, but can anyone mention the name of the Bot to send unwanted steam coupon's/backgrounds/emoticons/etc to?  It might be worth adding to the first post as well.  Thanks!

with all this capcom/fighting game talk going i was looking through my library (a meager 787 compared to most other cags http://steamcommunity.com/id/shrinerr/games?tab=all ) and I found that I don't have a single traditional fighting game in the mix. the closest thing i have is VF2 from the SG&MDC. a few reasons why...

a) not very many fighting games in indie bundles

b) don't wanna play play fighting games with 360 controller, i have the wireless dongle

c) i have an irrational bias towards consoles for fighting games. I'm probably gonna get USFIV for ps3 even though i can save money getting it on pc. just stubborn like that i guess.
Fighting games and brawlers are my favorite, if they had more on Steam I'd barely ever use my PS3. I have an arcade stick and it works fine on the computer, crummy d-pad is no problem. I'm glad USF4 PC will be out the same time as console, instead of "should I wait for PC, should I double-dip"

Playing catch-up...

Indie Gala: Amazing number of repeats, and Gala bonuses are rarely exciting. Really only interested in Knights of Pen and Paper and Pirates of the Flying Fortress.

Library sorting:

bvm4rrz.png

sooo this just came out. thoughts?
I don't know, I've been doing okay surviving so far. I don't think I need a trainer.

Playing catch-up...

Indie Gala: Amazing number of repeats, and Gala bonuses are rarely exciting. Really only interested in Knights of Pen and Paper and Pirates of the Flying Fortress.

Library sorting:

bvm4rrz.png

I don't know, I've been doing okay surviving so far. I don't think I need a trainer.
Indie gala bundle is awesome for someone like me, who didn't have two worlds or crusader kings, and satazius and gorky 17 were both on my wishlist. And...interesting library sorting. Do you really have that many puppy games? Lol

Here's a gift code for The Witcher (1) from GOG: 2MEW-2WRE-HDVN-AMWY

Have at it bizznatches
bizznatches got it right here, thanks! I've played the second and have wanted to play the OG. Thanks again! (This works a lot better than code drop thread, it was 6 minutes and it was still available :)

:bow:

I'm not sure if you've played it but if the Marvel Comics IP brings you any joy I can recommend Marvel Heroes to you... Its F2P and you can get your fix very easy without spending any money on it. I honestly spent over a hundred hours on it before I spent money on it... and now its even easier to not spend money on.

The real hang up in on STASH space and if you like one of the free characters...

You have enough room (STASH) for one character but when you start playing more you'll likely have issues... (They redid the itemization now so even this might not be much of an issue, any item a few levels below you is almost worthless to you... but I would, admittedly have issues.)

The other hangup is the starter heroes... Very few, if any of them would be most peoples first choice, I went with Hawkeye (He suffers more now than he use to) and really enjoyed him as he plays allot like the Rogue from Diablo. (Just with more trick shot arrows.)
i tried Marvel Heroes when it came out on steam. I liked it at first, but then got bored with it real fast. It made me go back to playing Diablo 3, which I eventually got bored of again.

bizznatches got it right here, thanks! I've played the second and have wanted to play the OG. Thanks again! (This works a lot better than code drop thread, it was 6 minutes and it was still available :)

Yeah I prefer dropping it here. The code drop thread has a lot of people who never post and just vulture in...here when I drop things more regulars tend to get them. Hope you enjoy!

Edit: Download the combat rebalance mod before starting. It's actually a mod developed BY cdprojekt red, so it's "official," if I remember correctly. It changes things up and makes some improvements. The game is a lot different than witcher 2, from what I've heard (haven't played 2 yet myself), but if you like the story and stick with the (admittedly) odd combat from the offset, you'll enjoy it. I'm playing right now, I'm in act IV, pretty good game.

checked that thread a few times while hunting down textiles for my grandmother

your boy saw people loitering in there every time

i tried Marvel Heroes when it came out on steam. I liked it at first, but then got bored with it real fast. It made me go back to playing Diablo 3, which I eventually got bored of again.

If you accepted Steam Wallet "money" I'd buy from you exclusively. You're an unpragmatic panda and I want to punch you.

Look, I give you keys (TF2) and you give me keys in return -- any panda could get it.

You ain't about dat life though.

streetfighterguilerapbeatsmusic_zpsb5682291.jpg

I don't make beats for you, bitch.

I have to run SF in vanilla mode to be able to play for more than 90 seconds. That'd be uncool if it weren't fantastic.

But what's up with the colorful characters and nauseating backgrounds? Is it just me?

streetfighterwashedbackground_zps8b69b564.jpg

Also, Steam isn't required to play but Steamlessness disables the costume pack.

Also, is there a way to disable the GFWL home button? Pictures have a 50/50 chance of being fucked in Big Picture. I've altered home through GFWL but that hasn't produced the expected result...

I know this has been brought up before, but can anyone mention the name of the Bot to send unwanted steam coupon's/backgrounds/emoticons/etc to? It might be worth adding to the first post as well. Thanks!
MrNinjaSquirrel, Spoderman and Foxhack were all interested in mine when I was dumping them. Might want to try and help out a fellow CAG before dumping them in a bot. Just a thought.

I know this has been brought up before, but can anyone mention the name of the Bot to send unwanted steam coupon's/backgrounds/emoticons/etc to? It might be worth adding to the first post as well. Thanks!
Put those bg/emotes on the market, they'll be gone from your inventory and one day they might sell for a 1 cent profit.

Resident Evil Day -> 50%-75% off RE games

Resident Evil: Revelations = 75% off

RE: Revelations (base game) = $12.49

ALL DLC's = 75% off each. 

Resident Evil 6 = 75% off

Resident Evil 6: Complete Edition (RE6 + ALL DLC's) = $12.49

Resident Evil 6 (base game) = $9.99

ALL DLC's = 75% off each.

Resident Evil 5 -> also currently requires G4WL = 75% off -> $4.99

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City -> also currently requires G4WL = 66% off

RE: ORC - Complete Edition (RE:ORC + ALL DLC's) -> $13.59

RE: ORC (base game) = $10.19