CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Burnout Paradise had such great potential but getting MP working on the PC is an exercise in futility for most. Not to mention, the stupid fucking crash cam that totally breaks immersion and fluidity in a high speed racing game. Has someone found a mod/hack to get rid of that crap yet?

The selection of Burnouts and NFS on Steam sucks. I wish both of the Underground games were on Steam, I'd instabuy them, along with Burnout 3 + Revenge (they'd need to be ported though, since they're not currently on PC). I enjoyed the older Burnouts more than Paradise.

Hell I'd even buy NFS Underground 1 + 2 on Origin. Why aren't they available as digital downloads?!
Revenge is my favourite Burnout game. It was the first one that I owned myself, and I got really used to the traffic checking mechanic and showy handling.

I love Burnout Paradise, I 100% it twice and played a third time to get trophies. I really hated Hot Pursuit but others seem to like it. Hot Pursuit has no AA on PC and I'm not sure if they added the weather effects but it was missing effects at launch compared to consoles. Bad port. From what I read it's very difficult to force AA on HP, I tried it and wasn't able to get anything working.

I love Burnout Paradise, I 100% it twice and played a third time to get trophies. I really hated Hot Pursuit but others seem to like it. Hot Pursuit has no AA on PC and I'm not sure if they added the weather effects but it was missing effects at launch compared to consoles. Bad port.
Hearing "console version is better" is like someone just hit me up telling me to drink a V8 :fridge:

I've been wanting Enslaved but I don't know if I want it for only 50% off with the Xmas sale being very close. I'll do some research on Star Trek though like I said yesterday and see if I think it's worth the $5.

I've been wanting Enslaved but I don't know if I want it for only 50% off with the Xmas sale being very close. I'll do some research on Star Trek though like I said yesterday and see if I think it's worth the $5.
I'm in the same boat with Enslaved, though I'll probably wait on it given my immediate backlog. Star Trek is a competent TPS, though I'd imagine it's more fun co-op. Like several other recently released licensed games, it suffered from the movie hype train pumping it up and when released it all came crashing down. Take the Star Trek name away from it and it's a fun, respectable shooter with decent voice acting though somewhat lackluster enemy design. It's worth $5.

I already beat Enslaved on PS3, but I'm tempted to bite again at $10.... I have a feeling the best we'll see during Steam sales is the "new standard" 40%.  I loved the game overall, though the ending gave me a good bit of smh.

Saw this on Reddit... Who wants one?

Get a Free Desura key for Pickle Frenzy if you like Bundle Bandits Facebook Page or follow them on Twitter. Must be done by November 24th.

Looks like another start up bundle site (BundleBandits.com) which doesn't exist just yet. Hmm.
Thanks. I skipped that in the bundle it was in because it looked like crap, but I don't mind getting it for free.

I wonder how they'll be giving them away. They can't message everyone with a key.. can they?

The selection of Burnouts and NFS on Steam sucks. I wish both of the Underground games were on Steam, I'd instabuy them, along with Burnout 3 + Revenge (they'd need to be ported though, since they're not currently on PC). I enjoyed the older Burnouts more than Paradise.

Hell I'd even buy NFS Underground 1 + 2 on Origin. Why aren't they available as digital downloads?!
Oh, I'd really like to see NFS: UG 1 & 2 on Origin.

I wonder b/c there are OLD licensed songs on those games, if renewing song licenses would be likely necessary - and if yes, it'd be a major issue.

Asking for games to be ported to PC? I think Spoderman and MysterD must be in cahoots.

Steam shud kari Jak n dexter ...lolz need ports like where ships r
I'd rather there be MORE games on the PC than LESS.

ESPECIALLY if the games are considered to range from good-to-great.

And especially since I'm strictly-PC gaming currently.

EDIT:

Get a Free Desura key for Pickle Frenzy if you like Bundle Bandits Facebook Page or follow them on Twitter. Must be done by November 24th.
Ummmmm - is this game rated AO?

{jaw drops}

Oh, I'd really like to see NFS: UG 1 & 2 on Origin.

I wonder b/c there are OLD licensed songs on those games, if renewing song licenses would be likely necessary - and if yes, it'd be a major issue.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYH7_GzP4Tg[/youtube]

Hmmmmm - RAGE free weekend & Carmack leaves Id?

Ummmm - coincidence...? Or not?

Best wishes to the Carmack on his future endeavors. Dude's a legend.

EDIT:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYH7_GzP4Tg[/youtube]
I liked on Chappelle Show when they (Chappelle and the real Lil Jon) did that Lil Jon talking to Lil Jon skit.

EDIT #2:

Borg humor
Just imagine if I did Elcor humor.

So if I was going to get one of those NFS games, which should it be? And are the $4.99 ones significantly better than the $2.49 one?
I would recommend getting either Shift or Hot Pursuit. Hot Pursuit if you like arcade style racing or Shift if you prefer track racing simulation. The reason I didn't get Shift 2 is because it has SolidShield with limited activations.

I would recommend getting either Shift or Hot Pursuit. Hot Pursuit if you like arcade style racing or Shift if you prefer track racing simulation. The reason I didn't get Shift 2 is because it has SolidShield with limited activations.

vs Most Wanted? I think Amazon would have it for $5 this weekend

You guys are so mean! Leave MrD alone.  His self esteem is hanging by a thread as it is.

Just kidding, it's open season as far as I'm concerned as long as he keeps talking in the third person.

Your setting your sights too high. Before moving on to sentient species you gotta start with something reasonable first...say, a houseplant.
yes mysterd go back to ur basement

Hey - I've actually had a girlfriend before!
sure u do

That girl who shared her cookies with you in second grade doesn't count.
llol

No, I'm thinking back to the good old "recent" days - i.e. 2006-2007.
sure

But those cookies were damn good.
oh poor neuro missing when he was young

Virtual Girlfriends don't count
hhehe

Was she aware that she was your girlfriend
Absolutely.

EDIT:

You guys are so mean! Leave MrD alone. His self esteem is hanging by a thread as it is.
Naw. See, I've actually honestly never cared much for what others often think of me.

I've never been one to follow the crowd or anything of that sort. I've always been me - and that's that.

If they don't like me for me - well...then, it's their loss.

I do know how awesome that I am - and that's what matters most to me.

Whether people see it or not, hey - that's up to them.

{shoulder shrug}

Screw you jerks, have some bundle fodder

[customspoiler='Gravi']MWP6N-KI57V-R76NW[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Section 8']RRN3A-H7BNC-N2JWP[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Rune Classic']KZLX2-2P8FL-7GNGI[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Alien Zombie Megadeth']BJQZQ-JB32N-9EZBZ[/customspoiler]

Screw you jerks, have some bundle fodder

[customspoiler='Gravi']MWP6N-KI57V-R76NW[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Section 8']RRN3A-H7BNC-N2JWP[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Rune Classic']KZLX2-2P8FL-7GNGI[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Alien Zombie Megadeth']BJQZQ-JB32N-9EZBZ[/customspoiler]