CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
So... Amalur.  I heard it was easy but holy crap...  Playing on hard it's still a faceroll.  Was wanting to do a rogue but it seems stealth is utterly worthless since you can just run in and hit A for Awesome and win.  Will probably start over (or reset talents?) and do a warrior or mage.  Anyone have any tips on which general abilities (stuff like lockpick, persuasion, blacksmith) are useful and which are crap?

So... Amalur. I heard it was easy but holy crap... Playing on hard it's still a faceroll. Was wanting to do a rogue but it seems stealth is utterly worthless since you can just run in and hit A for Awesome and win. Will probably start over (or reset talents?) and do a warrior or mage. Anyone have any tips on which general abilities (stuff like lockpick, persuasion, blacksmith) are useful and which are crap?
[Mod Release] HeartCore - More Challenge in Amalur

Dropbox link on last page.

The Mac version of Tomb Raider (2013) is now available.

Interestingly, Square Enix has released a GOTY version of TR with all the DLC that costs $29.99, while the standard version still costs $49.99.
Oh good, at least I now know I'm not completely crazy and didn't receive bad intel.

If one game really didn't need a GOTY version, Tomb Raider might be that game. The DLC is Cosmetic, early unlock skills, multiplayer weapons, multiplayer characters, 4 multiplayer maps, and the short and not very challenging Tomb of the Lost Adventure single player map. Basically a lot of stuff, but nothing worthwhile.

That being said as The Sifu points out, The GOTY version is $20 cheaper than the standalone ROW version on steam ($49.99). So maybe this is an instance of where the (unneeded) GOTY kicks the standalone's ass right off the radio tower. ;)

Edit: Hmm... It seemed a lot more clever in my head. So I guess I'm back to crazy considering TR is super cheap on Amazon. /stretch

10 years of public schooling taught me one thing... cinderblock don't burn

(no, I didn't go to private school... I'm a highschool dropout)
It reminds me of this PSA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STHpMUYeznQ&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSTHpMUYeznQ&has_verified=1

Nope, brown hair, brown eyes, brown poop.
From this, one can draw the conclusion that gingers are supposed to be pooping red.

Gingers, or anyone else for that matter, if you are pooping red, please see a doctor.

715923092_the_more_you_know2_xlarge.jpeg

Civ 6 confirmed, launching next week!
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i wait for completee for 6 then cause i int wasting any more mony heh

Bioshock Infinite season pass is back, this time for $6.79 from GetGamesGo.  If you missed the Steam glitch this is the next best thing.  Also good for those who just picked up the main game from Amazon EC.

...and it's gone.  Man!

Bioshock Infinite season pass is back, this time for $6.79 from GetGamesGo. If you missed the Steam glitch this is the next best thing. Also good for those who just picked up the main game from Amazon EC.
I was on my way to post this. :D

Minerva's Den on sale for 2.49 also... Which is actually too cheap to use paypal though them. I either need to find someone who wants to team up or find something else to buy.

Edit: Found something.

I was on my way to post this. :D

Minerva's Den on sale for 2.49 also... Which is actually too cheap to use paypal though them. I either need to find someone who wants to team up or find something else to buy.

Edit: Found something.
I thought everyone who got bioshock 2 on Steam got Minerva's Den automatically when they remove GFWL in the update?

Looks like GetGames flipped their season pass price back up to $15. Was gonna pick up clash in the clouds but if I can't pick that up by itself using paypal... screw it.

I wonder how they determine when you "owned" the game. I bought the 2K Shooter Pack from Amazon in December 2012 but didn't activate my Steam key until yesterday and ended up with the free DLC.
Maybe just keys that were issued before the update, then? I don't think retail disc owners got the DLC, and people who purchased on Steam store post-update didn't get it.

I wonder how they determine when you "owned" the game. I bought the 2K Shooter Pack from Amazon in December 2012 but didn't activate my Steam key until yesterday and ended up with the free DLC.
All previously sold keys (even retail) had MD added retroactively.

So... Amalur. I heard it was easy but holy crap... Playing on hard it's still a faceroll. Was wanting to do a rogue but it seems stealth is utterly worthless since you can just run in and hit A for Awesome and win. Will probably start over (or reset talents?) and do a warrior or mage. Anyone have any tips on which general abilities (stuff like lockpick, persuasion, blacksmith) are useful and which are crap?
Reading over my old review from last April, I can answer some of this. I played as a faeblade-wielding rogue-mage and it was pretty easy on Normal, except for a few tricky boss battles, but that didn't really bother me too much. Blacksmithing is much more useful than sagecraft because the only way to get the best equipment is to make it or get it as quest rewards and you'll never find loot that can accommodate the best gems. "Find Hidden" is more useful in KoA than in most other games because it reveals locations of items on your map.

Whatever you do, don't ever play Kingdoms of Amalur on anything below highest difficulty. The balance is fucked up even on Hard, but it's at least gotta be better than Normal.

Assetto Corsa Update 0.6
[customspoiler=details]

- All cars AI enabled 
- All tracks AI enabled 
- Improvements on track AI lines 
- UI quickraces enabled 
- Added theme module management interface (see Options/General) 
- Fixed position indicator changing in proximity to the finish line 
- First lap time in races starts when the starting lights are off 
- On screen time difference : (On/Off switch) 
- mesh collider system and terrain collision boxes 
- Reworked collision stiffness 
- Penalty system On/Off switch 
- Hide steer option 
- Smoke rendering in mirrors improved (also On/Off switch) 
- Look back buttons implemented 
- fixed some gui issues in endrace mode 
- Winning an achievement in special events unlocks the lower achievements 
- Fixed ambience sound volume 
- Improved positional audio for opponents when driving in cockpit or F1 cameras 
- Fixed opponents overall engine volume 
- Fixed distance scale volume for opponents engines and related extra sounds (skids, backfires etc...) 
- Fixed backfires exterior volume 
- Maximum exterior engine volume is 1.0 to prevent sample clipping and/or distorsion 
- Lotus Evora GTE physics bug fixes and updates 

- KTM X-Bow R aero modifications and setup fixes
[/customspoiler]

Since there was some Amalur talk, anyone have a chance to try out the Heartcore mod? Looked interesting enough, but every time I try a fantasy RPG I just end up going back to Skyrim.

With Ferrari not being in any video games, I forget that brand even exists. I only know cars from games. Just sayin, that racing game info on the last page inspired this post.

With Ferrari not being in any video games, I forget that brand even exists. I only know cars from games. Just sayin, that racing game info on the last page inspired this post.
There are a half dozen Ferrari's in Need for Speed: Rivals.

Also, from that article:

It’s a tryst that began with the Ferrari 512TR in Need for Speed in 1994. Shortly after, in Need for Speed II, the 355 F1 Coupe and the iconic F50 joined the ranks. Need for Speed III saw the 355 FI Spider, the 456M GT, and the 550 Maranello and knew it was more than just a fling. After those years, Ferrari has graced the games throughout various titles; most notably the 599 GTB in the Ferrari Racing Series DLC in Need for Speed: Shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back