CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
With Ferrari not being in any video games, I forget that brand even exists. I only know cars from games. Just sayin, that racing game info on the last page inspired this post.
ftfy, because Ferraris are in a lot of racing games

ftfy, because Ferraris are in a lot of racing games
What the shit, they aren't in any racing games I've played and I read that it's cause some game franchise got exclusive rights.

Ok when I said they aren't in any games I meant any games other than whatever dumb franchise got the exclusive rights, which is a franchise I don't play.

I don't know what those acronyms mean. Hey if I was wrong then okay, but I'm coming from a position of them never being in any games I play and reading that this is due to some exclusive deal.

Forget the SF? TD:FRL?
Forza Motorsport series, Gran Turismo series, Test Drive Unlimited, etc...

photo-142018.jpg

I don't know what those acronyms mean. Hey if I was wrong then okay, but I'm coming from a position of them never being in any games I play and reading that this is due to some exclusive deal.
Sarcasm Font...Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends

Solution is simple, play some other racing games besides NFS.

Since there was some Amalur talk, anyone have a chance to try out the Heartcore mod? Looked interesting enough, but every time I try a fantasy RPG I just end up going back to Skyrim.
I use it after the first boss, as I find it really hard to kill that troll with the mod on. Also I didnt enable all the option only the damage and the slow exp.

Gamefly seems to be doing an encore day of some recent sales.

Notably, Janes Advance Strike Fighters (Steam key) is back down to $1.50, 80% off + another 25% with GFDJAN25.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-janes-advanced-strike-fighters/5000962.

Also I notice that the February coupon code on Gamefly is posted on their site as FEB20OFF so it seems they are going back to 20% off after today.

digitalcpncode_0214_ad_internal.jpg

Has anyone played Enslaved yet on Steam?  It's running fine and I changed the ini as per this link, but the visuals still seem pretty weird to me.  Particularly, the shadows on the textures look very warped and distracting.  I don't recall the game having these types of blocky shadows in the PS3 version.

Here are some example screenshots (I resized them to 1024x768 so it they're easier to view):

[attachment=2652:Enslaved-Monkey1.jpg]

[attachment=2653:Enslaved-Trip1.jpg]

[attachment=2654:Enslaved-Trip2.jpg]

Wha? Where did this come from?

Speaking of free... this (Loadout) looks interesting.
Steam's front page... ES flagging it as owned caught my eye.

I've had loadout since way back (alpha/beta?)... I messed around it in a bit... it's comically cute. I never actually played it though.

With Ferrari not being in any video games, I forget that brand even exists. I only know cars from games. Just sayin, that racing game info on the last page inspired this post.
I feel ya, man. I'm entirely unfamiliar with any cars that aren't in the games I've played either. Is there more than just karts and motorcycles? I always choose the bullet kart. Haters gonna hate.

Steam's front page... ES flagging it as owned caught my eye.

I've had loadout since way back (alpha/beta?)... I messed around it in a bit... it's comically cute. I never actually played it though.
Wow, the art on those screenshots is -amazing-. The only other game that I've seen that pulled it off was Bloody Good Time.

If you redeemed and alpha/beta key for it in the past, you're now eligible for cards :whee:
I don't guess I redeemed an a/b key. The art direction caught my eye. I don't typically get along with F2P games, but it does seem to have quite a lot of positive buzz and I may give it a shot.

Gamefly seems to be doing an encore day of some recent sales.

Notably, Janes Advance Strike Fighters (Steam key) is back down to $1.50, 80% off + another 25% with GFDJAN25.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-janes-advanced-strike-fighters/5000962.
There's also Brave New World for $7.49 (75% off) before coupon.

Also I notice that the February coupon code on Gamefly is posted on their site as FEB20OFF so it seems they are going back to 20% off after today.

digitalcpncode_0214_ad_internal.jpg
I don't think that it's a coincidence that their coupon values followed GMG's.

My first card drop from Loadout was a foil card. Second was a regular card. Hoping the third is a foil too. For a FTP with free cardz this is glorious.

Edit: Third card was a regular :(

i am contemplating giving my mate octodad for his birthday. we've had some good times playing games like slender and amnesia with a bunch of beers.

i think octodad could take things to the next level. thoughts?

i am contemplating giving my mate octodad for his birthday. we've had some good times playing games like slender and amnesia with a bunch of beers.

i think it's likely to be way scarier than slender or amnesia. hope you buy some diapers, as well

Your post and your avatar remind me that I have a drawing in my pocket that I made for my students of Slenderchu, a Slenderman Pikachu.

I DL'd the original Octodad freeware game years ago and remember it being fun, though I can't recall it well enough to say whether it would make for a good spectator game. I imagine I'll pick up the retail game some day.

slenderchu, huh? that sounds legitimately scarring.

after seeing somebody on youtube describe it as a 3d QWOP, i ended up gifting him the game. i can see this either being hilariously awesome or pretty crappy after a few beers.. depending on whether we have the coordination to achieve anything, or we just fail in the ass.

i will probably report back tomorrow.

Yeah, I think MysterD or someone confirmed this.
My VERY OLD retail G4WL key for Bioshock 2 actually activated on Steam...

....Bioshock 2 + Minerva's DLC + whatever the hell was the rest of the DLC.

Of course, I did this as soon as they 1st started allowing Steam-activation on it. I didn't hesitate.

Not sure if old keys STILL will activate everything.

That page has a 404 error, with a nice reference to The Oregon trail. :)
CAG breaks some links with the way it redirects and/or filter them... I guess that still hasn't been fixed.

I'll try again - this definitely worked in the post preview. EDIT: And nope... that annoying CAG redirect is still breaking it. Guess everyone will just have to search for it.

Speaking on Kingdom's of Amalur. Here is a link to a page with some more simple mods, including an FXAA injector and a view distance mod:

http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Improve_the_KoA:R_visual_experience
I'll have to give that a try. I played it last night and while I realize it's not exactly the newest title out, it really isn't that old either and it's ugly in a lazy consolitis didn't try to do much to make the PC version look better sort of way, IMHO of course.

Speaking on Kingdom's of Amalur. Here is a link to a page with some more simple mods, including an FXAA injector and a view distance mod:

http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Improve_the_KoA:R_visual_experience
Thanks for posting this.

I just picked up the Amalur Collection myself and have bookmarked the HeartCore mod stuff and now this. I love the helpfulness on this thread. I'll probably play around with the vanilla version a bit before adjusting anything. Although, I'll definitely play on the hardest difficulty because of the apparent easy nature of this game.

Speaking of Kingdoms of Amalur some more, Steam is out of keys for it. Pulled from the store for now and people in the forums are rioting ^^

Hitman Contracts is apparently 75% off with a Steam key for Europe and Australia in the Square Enix online store but not the NA one. The code SQEXD004 takes another 10% off.

http://store.eu.square-enix.com/

If you try to go to that link from NA though it will redirect you to the NA store where it's not on sale.

Speaking of Kingdoms of Amalur some more, Steam is out of keys for it. Pulled from the store for now and people in the forums are rioting ^^
Oh geeze. Now people will freak out even more over that game which doesn't deserve all that freaking out really.

Hitman Contracts is apparently 75% off with a Steam key for Europe and Australia in the Square Enix online store but not the NA one. The code SQEXD004 takes another 10% off.

http://store.eu.square-enix.com/

If you try to go to that link from NA though it will redirect you to the NA store where it's not on sale.

Oh geeze. Now people will freak out even more over that game which doesn't deserve all that freaking out really.
Our products and services displayed on the Store are not available for purchase by individuals outside of the Serviced Countries. Our system indicates that you are outside of the Serviced Countries for this Site.

For more details on what countries are serviced please refer to the Terms of Use.

Or, in American:

fuck you, we don't want your filthy Dollars. Euro4lyfe.

Edit:

Holy cow Amalur ran out in two days?! There goes my chance at picking it up...

Our products and services displayed on the Store are not available for purchase by individuals outside of the Serviced Countries. Our system indicates that you are outside of the Serviced Countries for this Site.

For more details on what countries are serviced please refer to the Terms of Use.

Or, in American:

fuck you, we don't want your filthy Dollars. Euro4lyfe.
If you can find someone who lives elsewhere to buy it for you though the actual key will activate just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back