CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
My VERY OLD retail G4WL key for Bioshock 2 actually activated on Steam...

....Bioshock 2 + Minerva's DLC + whatever the hell was the rest of the DLC.

Of course, I did this as soon as they 1st started allowing Steam-activation on it. I didn't hesitate.

Not sure if old keys STILL will activate everything.
I was late to the party, just activated mine about a month ago. All the DLC continued to activate as well!

So... Has no one else seen the shadow and texture glitches I posted about earlier regarding Enslaved? Or maybe no one has played it yet? :)

I'm just trying to see if it's something specific to my rig or whether I can fix it somehow. Thanks!

Amalur is back up on Steam. That was fast. I'm already starting to see several more people buying it now in my feed just in the few minutes it's been back up.

If the temporary running out of keys and removal of the game from the store wasn't intentional, it sure was a good accidental marketing tactic.

Amalur is back up on Steam. That was fast. I'm already starting to see several more people buying it now in my feed just in the few minutes it's been back up.

If the temporary running out of keys and removal of the game from the store wasn't intentional, it sure was a good accidental marketing tactic.
I suspect it was because of the uncertainty swirling around whether it would ever get a decent sale after the Rhode Island fiasco. That's probably why it's still selling well. It'd be a bit like if Steam suddenly got a limited supply of Deadpool keys and sold them for $10 a pop.

And I'm not going to convince anyone who's made up his mind already, but KoA was a good game and would have been an even better entry point into a new series of RPGs if 38 hadn't gone belly-up.

Wow they got Amalur back pretty fast. Wonder what they needed to do.

Figured I'd give Loadout a try tonight. Average wait time for a match is 5 minutes. I don't think I'm going to try Loadout tonight.
It says 5 min but I haven't been able to get into a match at all with ~20 min wait time and then it disconnects. There's people on the steam forum with 1-2 hour+ times also :/

I suspect it was because of the uncertainty swirling around whether it would ever get a decent sale after the Rhode Island fiasco. That's probably why it's still selling well. It'd be a bit like if Steam suddenly got a limited supply of Deadpool keys and sold them for $10 a pop.

And I'm not going to convince anyone who's made up his mind already, but KoA was a good game and would have been an even better entry point into a new series of RPGs if 38 hadn't gone belly-up.
:roll: and I'm not going to convince someone who's made his mind up already but KoA was a generic single player MMO with the MMO part surgically removed and a Fable aesthetic.

Warreni your opinions are just that. As are mine. My mind is no more already made up than yours is and I really don't appreciate your thinly veiled snideness because I don't happen to share your opinion in this case.

FWIW I own it on Origin, I just think all this hysteria to rush to buy it, or worse rebuy it, on Steam is a bit silly. Although you seem to be implying I've decided not to like this game just because, I really hadn't commented on the quality of the game or what I thought of it (other than the vanilla visuals which admittedly I do think are subpar for a PC game of this budget) until you brought it up. Additionally, I think someone who owns and has played a game hasn't just "made up his mind already" but rather his mind was made of experiences with the game.

For some reason on certain types of games, in particular RPGs, you seem to my read to get all high and mighty and I don't really think it's called for.

And now since I've gone all Internet: Serious Business ™ over Amalur I'm sure I'll get MysterD bearing down on my ass with a treatise since it's number 5 on his list of things he likes to talk about after DRM, that time TSW was $5 on GMG, DLC and Red Dead Redemption getting a PC version so on that note I'll just go play some ridiculous shallow casual game and not come back here until the stink I've made has dissipated.

Hitman Contracts is apparently 75% off with a Steam key for Europe and Australia in the Square Enix online store but not the NA one. The code SQEXD004 takes another 10% off.

http://store.eu.square-enix.com/

If you try to go to that link from NA though it will redirect you to the NA store where it's not on sale.

Oh geeze. Now people will freak out even more over that game which doesn't deserve all that freaking out really.
But, But...Steamalur!!!!!!! It finally happened. I can't help but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

cqTOpxl.png

This repeated 3 or 4 times more.

I get it steam, Epigenesis is on a free weekend. You didnt have to spam my license/subscription page with this sh"t

Oh really? That's lame. The page for Hitman Contracts on the NA Square store shows "Maximum order quantity: 2" but of course it's not on sale here. :roll:
I don't see any mention of a limit, but when I went through the checkout, the quantity drop-down only had "1" as an option.

However, it seems like I can buy more copies if I use the "gift" option.

<Screenshot showing far too many Epigenesis subscriptions>

This repeated 3 or 4 times more.

I get it steam, Epigenesis is on a free weekend. You didnt have to spam my license/subscription page with this sh"t
I only have it once.

I didn't even see that once under my account details.
Have you signed into Steam since the free weekend started? You only get access to them if you do.

I only have it once.

Have you signed into Steam since the free weekend started? You only get access to them if you do.
Yeah, been online more than off. Though, I just remembered I did just add a retail key of it to my account, so I wonder if it replaced the free weekend dealio.

:roll: and I'm not going to convince someone who's made his mind up already but KoA was a generic single player MMO with the MMO part surgically removed and a Fable aesthetic.

Warreni your opinions are just that. As are mine. My mind is no more already made up than yours is and I really don't appreciate your thinly veiled snideness because I don't happen to share your opinion in this case.

FWIW I own it on Origin, I just think all this hysteria to rush to buy it, or worse rebuy it, on Steam is a bit silly. Although you seem to be implying I've decided not to like this game just because, I really hadn't commented on the quality of the game or what I thought of it (other than the vanilla visuals which admittedly I do think are subpar for a PC game of this budget) until you brought it up. Additionally, I think someone who owns and has played a game hasn't just "made up his mind already" but rather his mind was made of experiences with the game.

For some reason on certain types of games, in particular RPGs, you seem to my read to get all high and mighty and I don't really think it's called for.
Okay, fair enough, maybe that was a little passive-aggressive on my part. And, yes, everyone probably knows what my opinion on the matter is by now. Am I a little passionate about RPGs? Probably. It's a genre I have a lot of history with and strong opinions on, for good or ill.

We'll agree to disagree, I suppose, although I don't think you can argue that KoA wasn't a very colorful game (I guess that's what "a Fable aesthetic" means). I thought it looked quite nice, but I also don't have a fancy rig so my opinions on visuals will always be informed by the fact that I can't max out any recent game with the hardware at my disposal. I also enjoyed the story. If it had MMO-like elements, well, so does Skyrim.

Not getting into a big thing about it, but I just felt I should clarify my earlier remarks.

Talking about Kingdoms of Amalur, I think everyone should do a salute to Tony (Amazon) for being one of the major reasons the game got a sale on Steam the last time.
mgs3-snake-salute.jpg

Funny story: I just got locked out of my apartment for the past 2 hours in 20 degree weather. On my birthday.

Conclusion:

fuck apartments.

fuck  locks.

fuck birthdays.

Happy Birthday, buy yourself a spare apartment key to hide in your car =P
wouldn't have helped. my apartment key is attached to my car key chain. i only got locked out because typically we only lock the bar on our door, not the actual handle, so when i go outside to let my dog pee i dont bother bringing my key since my dog just goes in a patch of grass two feet outside our door. somebody decided to lock the stupid handle, so i sat outside waiting for someone to get home. somebody passing by attempted to open the door w/a giftcard (didn't work), he left the giftcard w/me so i could try...eventually i got desperate and tried to pick the actual lock w/the giftcard...turns out we have a REALLY shitty lock on our door handle, it just turned lol. Wish i wouldve tried it earlier.

wouldn't have helped. my apartment key is attached to my car key chain. i only got locked out because typically we only lock the bar on our door, not the actual handle, so when i go outside to let my dog pee i dont bother bringing my key since my dog just goes in a patch of grass two feet outside our door. somebody decided to lock the stupid handle, so i sat outside waiting for someone to get home. somebody passing by attempted to open the door w/a giftcard (didn't work), he left the giftcard w/me so i could try...eventually i got desperate and tried to pick the actual lock w/the giftcard...turns out we have a REALLY shitty lock on our door handle, it just turned lol. Wish i wouldve tried it earlier.
Ok ... I've got it then. Buy yourself a spare key and hang it on the dog's collar =P

I always find Steam's "free weekends" to be bullshit since they end at 1 PM on Sunday... false advertising... they should just call it "free Saturday".

Funny story: I just got locked out of my apartment for the past 2 hours in 20 degree weather. On my birthday.

Conclusion:

fuck apartments.

fuck locks.

fuck birthdays.
Happy Birthday, at least you got a giftcard for yours, I got nothing on mine. (but to be fair, anything I want throughout the rest of the year I buy)

I always find Steam's "free weekends" to be bullshit since they end at 1 PM on Sunday... false advertising... they should just call it "free Saturday".
if you start the game before the free weekend is over, you can play it indefinitely until you close the game or Windows crashes. (windows usually crashes by tuesday) beat the game, then you don't need it anymore. I did this with Dead Island Riptide

Conclusion:

fuck apartments.

fuck locks.

fuck birthdays.
Jesse Eisenberg is playing Lex Luthor in the new Superman/Batman movie, btw. Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back